Nothing, But A Number

By JohnsonDreamer

PSA: THIS IS A STORY ABOUT A BLACK BROWN SKIN GIRL! THE MAIN CHARACTER IS BLACK! (There isn't a picture of th... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter tweleve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thriry-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-seven
Chapter fifty-eight
Chapter fifty-nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty-one
Chapter sixty-two
Chapter sixty-three

Chapter thirty

8.4K 391 333
By JohnsonDreamer

—————-
Don't forget to comment and vote!
————————

A couple days later...

"What the fuck is the problem?!" I ask, frustratedly.

"Lucas I'm not fucking dumb! Who the fuck is that bitch!" she yells.

"I already told you!" I yell back.

"You really think I'm going to buy that friend shit?! Do you really think I'm that fucking dumb?!" she asks, in disbelief.

"Shannon—"

"Lucas, it's obvious you two have some sort of past that runs deeper than a damn friendship! Just who and the hell exactly is she?!"

"A friend! Literally just a fucking friend!" I yell.

"Are you fucking around on me Lucas?" she asks, with anger evident in her voice.

"No! I'm not fucking cheating on you!" I answer.

"Then just tell me the truth!"

"I AM!"

"NO THE FUCK YOU ARE NOT!" she yells, getting off the bed and getting in my face now. "The way you look at her, the way you act around her. It's different Lucas... it's just different! It's not how you interact with your other friends. Your eyes soften when you look into hers, you stare her down sometimes—"

"Oh so now I'm supposed act some certain type of way with my friends now?!"

"Lucas—"

"No! Despite your fucking past I'm not like Story's deadbeat ass father that you decided to open your fucking legs for!" I yell.

And with that I am immediately sent a sharp smack across my right cheek. Causing my head to turn from the impact of the force behind it.

"You will not disrespect me nor my child's father ever again! Do you understand me!" she yells, with aggression.

I just touch my cheek in disbelief, straightening my head up and licking my lips.

Calm down Lucas, she's still a female.

"And yes! There is a certain way you are suppose to act with your friends because the way you are acting with her is the way you use to act with me! There is Love evident in your eyes when you look at her you jackass!" she says, with her voice cracking.

Can someone please tell me how a peaceful afternoon at my place turned into something so hostile and aggressive.

"D-do you not love me anymore Lucas?" she asks, looking into my eyes with her voice softening.

Hearing her say that my eyes immediately turn soft along with my demeanor. I can literally feel the anger leaving my body.

"Of course not love." I say, grabbing her face with both hands and looking into her chocolate brown eyes.

"Then why do you look at her that way?" she ask, placing each hand on each of my wrist.

"Sweetheart, I honestly don't know what you're talking about—"

Yes you do.

"But you have nothing to worry about. I promise there is only you at the end of the day." I say, bending down to kiss her lips.

Since when did you turn back into your old self Lucas?

Pulling away from our kiss, I take her to the bed because at this point we both need a nap.

As we lay here in each other's arms my mind doesn't travel anywhere, for once it's just blank. All I do know is that she isn't going anywhere. As toxic and as fucked up as it may seem I'm not letting her or Story go.

Shannon's POV

It's been a couple days now after our argument over him and Daisy. Since then I've been planning and making arrangements for Story's birthday. Lucas has been helping me with it as well. I haven't heard much of Daisy or anything associated with her for the past couple of days now. And to be honest I don't know how to feel.

I'm not dumb, I see the signs. Despite what Lucas says. I know I need to get out of whatever we have now before I end up hurt again, but I just can't. He made me develop feelings for him, the love I have for him is too strong that I just can't walk away willingly. Even if it was to save my own heartbreak, and he knows that. He knows that I just can't walk away at any moment. I can't threaten him and say that I'm leaving , and for him to believe it. Because he knows I love him, he knows it.

Ever since I came back he makes sure I tell him it every chance he gets. He makes sure I scream it every time I reach a mind boggling climax. See this is what I feared for when I finally admitted my feelings to him and myself. I knew I would end up regretting this eventually, nothing good comes out of telling a man you love him. All it does is backfire on you and let him know he holds a power over you.

I hate it.

Lately I've been drinking a little more than usual. Usually I only drink when I'm on business trips or dealing with my companies because they bring stress. Now with all this hope and doubt mixed with reality, I've been turning into a female version of my father.

I hate it.

Since me and Lucas's argument I've say I've went through about four bottles of my favorite whiskey. I make sure I always do it at night when Lucas and Story is sleep or in the morning once Story and Lucas leave. The one thing I make sure to do is to cover my tracks better than my father did. Because I refuse for Story to see me like this. Damn I guess my father was right love does turn you into a hopeless alcoholic.

I will say that I at least have accomplished hiding it. Lucas is oblivious to it and so is Story, but Tyler... I think he suspects it, but isn't ready to speak on it yet.

Right now I'm working on a new potential script for a movie. I decided not to drink today because for once I actually need to get some work done and also because I have to go Story's parent recap day at her gymnastics thing. Surprisingly my mind didn't wonder to Lucas and Daisy, I think it's because I've been drowning myself in work.

"Mommy, are you ready?" Story asks, running into my office.

"Yeah, lets go." I say, putting my pen down and grabbing my purse.

Walking out I make sure to lock the doors and such.

"So mommy, I was thinking that me, you, uncle Luca, and auntie Lexie can go to uncle Luca's beach house in Greece for my birthday." she says, holding my hand on the way to the car.

"Of course baby. Anything you want." I say, opening the backseat door for her.

"Oh and also Lulu, uncle Danny, and uncle Joshy can come too!" she adds, as I strap her in.

"I'll see, they may not be able to make it."

Closing the door I go to get in the drivers seat so we can go. Once arriving I make sure I sit in the front row so I can be able to see my baby without a problem. I didn't notice I was zoned out until someone accidentally bumped me and my nose was immediately filled with a strong scent of cologne.

This smell... it's familiar.

Glancing over I see Dante sitting there looking straight ahead in his expensive suit holding a pamphlet.

"What's going on Shannon?"  he asks, cutting straight to the point.

"Nothing." I answer, turning my head to look at the stage again.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Why are you lying?"

"Mind your business Dante. Why aren't you at home."

"Shannon you become my business when I get a call saying that you are drinking out of control."

"I'm not drinking out of control."

"Shannon you've been through four bottles of whiskey in the past two days."

"Okay, and?"

"For a person who says they don't want to turn into an alcoholic like their father—"

"Luca don't compare me to him." I say, in a menacing tone. "What I'm doing is called coping."

"Drinking two bottles of Whiskey a day is coping?"

"Why the hell are you here?"

"To figure out why you're starting to turn into an alcoholic."

"Dante I'm not now mind your business."

"Shannon you are business."

"No the hell I'm not."

"Yes, the hell you are and that tattoo behind your right ear proves it too. Now I don't know what's going on at home, and I can tell whatever it is you're not ready to talk about it but drinking isn't the answer."

It worked for my father... somewhat.

"Whatever Dante."

"Don't shut me out Shannon."

It's better to mourn in silence, right dad? We don't want to be labeled as a weak bitch who lets another control every aspect of you.

"It's better to mourn in silence Dante."

"No its not. That's how you end up on shit."

I shrug. "Depends on whose perspective you're seeing it from."

Then we start to clap to now welcome out Story and to dismiss the other girl, who is walking off stage.

"Shannon you have a child now. You remember how it was seeing your father being a no good alcoholic. Think about how Story would feel if she sees her mother becoming an alcoholic and going through the fits of anger and rage or sadness."

"Shut the hell up." I say, whipping my head to look at him. "I will never put my daughter in harms way or be the one that causes it. Right now I'm just trying to figure certain shit out." I say, becoming loud.

Calm down Shannon.

Damnit, he's bring up unwanted memories... I need a drink.

"Well you better hurry up and figure it out. If Tyler finds another bottle of alcohol, I'm going to start treating you like a child."

"Dante—"

"No, get your shit together or I will be making unexpected pop ups at your house. Just because me and Alexis moved back to New York doesn't mean shit. Do I make myself clear."

"Yeah." I answer, sharply.

"Good." he says, standing up and buttoning his suit jacket. "I'm leaving you in charge of my company here for awhile. Tyler already knows of this arrangement and he'll see to you being there on time bright and early."

And with that him and his men that was sitting behind us got and left.

Bastard.

Besides Dante showing up today and pissing me off the rest of the day was okay. I was welcomed home to my liquor cabinet being locked and the key being  nowhere in sight with a fucking sarcastic note from Dante saying

'Love ya!'

So that already told me he took the key with him back to America. Right now I'm making dinner for me, Story, and Lucas if he decides to come over.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look whose here!" Story shouts, as she sits in Lucas's arm.

"Princess, don't yell please. She can hear you." he says, putting her down once he walks into the kitchen.

"Hey, sweetheart." he says, making his way over to me and giving me a kiss.

"Hey, how was set?" I ask, going back to what I was doing.

"It was good, how was your day?" he asks, taking a seat at the island table.

"It was alright, just been working on a new script." I answer.

"Oh alright. So what are your plans for tonight?" he asks, taking an apple out of the fruit bowl and biting it.

"Umm, nothing really just dinner and bed." I answer, starting to make a salad.

"Oh, well since you have nothing planned. Would it be okay if me and the boys go out tonight?" he asks, chewing his apple.

"Sure, I don't see why not." I answer, shrugging.

Awe, that's sweet!! He asked for your permission!!

"Alright, well I should be back tonight around one or so." he says, getting up.

"Do you want me to leave the door unlocked?" I ask, glancing up at him.

"No ma'am I have a key." he says, showing me my spare key.

To be honest I would kind of like that back.

"And before you ask, you are not getting your key back. It's mines."

I just roll my eyes playfully. He leans over and gives me another kiss.

"I'm going to play with Story for a little bit before I leave." he says, walking out the kitchen.

"Okay!"

—————————-

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

344K 40.1K 55
♡ Editor's Pick 2020 ♡ When Rachel, who had loved her best friend Lucas since she was a little girl, found out he loved her too, she couldn't be any...
857 82 37
Kayla Madison is a normal-ish sixteen-year old whose main desire is simple-make it through high school without embarrassing herself too much in the p...
49.7K 1.2K 49
"I'm like old enough to be your mum." I say to Jakob not even bothering to hide away how amusing I am finding the idea. "You're only ten months olde...
434K 8.6K 31
"Your Mine Summer Crews and I don't fucking share what's mine" he shouted. "But Sharing is caring" I whispered as low as possible that I could barel...