The Secret Life // A Shawn Hu...

By ThatGrungeWriter

A new girl named Jasmine Clayton attends John Adams High School and Shawn falls instantly in love with her th... More

Disclaimer
One ➵ J. C
Two ➵ J. C
Three ➵ S. H
Four ➵ J. C
Five ➵ S. H
Six ➵ J. C
Seven ➵ J. C
eight ➵ Both
Nine ➵ J. C
Ten ➵ Both
Eleven ➵ J. C
Twelve ➵ S. H
Fourteen ➵ J. C
Fifteen ➵ S. H
Sixteen ➵ J. C
Seventeen ➵ both
Eighteen ➵ T. L
Nineteen ➵ C. M
Twenty ➵ both
Twenty-one ➵ Both
Twenty-Two ➵ both
Twenty - Three ➵ S. H
Twenty-four ➵ multipov
Twenty-Five ➵ both
Twenty-six ➵ S. H
Twenty-seven ➵ Both
Twenty - eight ➵ S. H
Twenty-Nine ➵ J. C
Thirty ➵ Multipov
Thirty-one ➵ The Hunters P.O.V
Thirty-two ➵ J. C
Thirty-Three ➵ S. H
Thirty-four ➵ multipov
Thirty-Five ➵ J. C
Thirty-six ➵ multipov
Thirty-seven ➵ both
Thirty-eight ➵ Multipov
Thirty-nine ➵ J. C
Forty ➵ J. C
Forty-one ➵ S. H
Forty-two ➵ multipov
Forty-three ➵ S. H
Forty-four ➵ both
Epilogue
↠ᴘᴀʀᴛ ϟ ᴛᴡᴏ↞
Forty-seven ➵ J. C
Forty-eight ➵ J. C
Forty-nine ➵ S. H
Fifty ➵ both
Fifty-one ➵ both
Fifty-two ➵ J. C.
Fifty-three ➵ both
Fifty-Four ➵ Both
Fifty-five ➵ both
Fifty-six ➵ both
Fifty-seven ➵ both
Fifty-eight ➵ both
Fifty-nine ➵ Both
Sixty ➵ J. C.
Sixty-one ➵ S. H
Sixty-Two ➵ Both
Sixty-three ➵ multipov
Sixty-four ➳ both
author's note

Thirteen ➵ both

5.2K 103 31
By ThatGrungeWriter

Jasmine
I was scared to come home last night, especially since I got new glasses. But it was for nothing, since I came home alone.
It was Tuesday. Aka, the second day of the week. I wonder what people are gunna say about my new glasses; ignore me, bully me, or compliment me. My guess: was ignore.
When I walked into school, everyone started laughing at me once they saw me with glasses.
"Hey four eyed geek! You used to look so stunning. Now look at you!" One of the guys pointed out.
"Huh?" I say, hurt and confused. I shoved past through them, luckily finding Shawn.
"Hey there, you look so pretty with glasses." Shawn complimented me. I smiled, but it quickly faded. Not a lot of people liked them except for Shawn and his parents.
Topanga and Cory up to us, and they took note of my glasses.
"Aww I love your new glasses Jasmine."   Topanga complimented me.
"Yeah they look great on you." Cory agreed.
"Thanks, although not a lot of people seem to think so." I informed them. Shawn raised an eyebrow.
"How? You look gorgeous at it is. Don't get upset over it, okay?" Shawn insists. I still wasn't happy. He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me close to him so we could hug.
"Look, who cares what they think. If they have a problem with what you look like-deal with it. I'm lucky myself to have such a good girl like you." Shawn said, cheering me up. I kissed him as a thank you.
We hung out together at the lockers, and he asked me if I wanted to go see a movie with him after school.
"Yes." I answered, then suddenly a dude dressed in black jeans, with a black shirt and a white long sleeved one underneath came up to us. He had a stern look on his face, his eyebrows almost being formed in an unibrow since they were both furrowed.
Shawn's expression deepened into anger, instead of happy as he caught the sight of the guy.
"Crandall." Shawn said, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans.
"So, Hunter, I heard you're dating someone who went from being insanely beautiful, to turning into a four eyed geek." Crandall taunted him, referring to me.
"Shut up Crandall. Or I'm going to punch your head off." He growled, getting in front of me. The bell rang, making us late.
"Try me." Crandall threatened, shoving him. Shawn looked as if he was eager to fight this guy, now his hands being in a ball of fists.
"Come on Shawn-" I insisted, getting a hold of his arm. I didn't want him to get hurt, or suspended.
"Hunter, Clayton, Rhett. It's class so it means get in." Mr. Turner announced, interrupting us. Shawn remained glaring at Crandall until I kept tugging at his arm.
We walked into class together, with Crandall right behind us. Oh yeah, I forgot I had him in English, sadly.
I sat next to my normal seat beside Shawn, with Crandall right next to him.
Shawn couldn't stop glaring at Crandall, who was returning the same gesture.
"Alright, since we didn't finish The Outsiders last night, we are going to today." Mr. Turner said, setting the tape up. I was relieved that I could finally be able to watch The Outsiders. I know I already seen it before, but I just loved the movie, so I was excited.
"Looks like your girlfriends gunna be able to see the movie, but she'll never be able to see how pretty she is." I heard Crandall murmur to Shawn.
My cheeks reddened, getting upset.
I just tried and keep my attention focused on the movie.
On the bright side... At least I'd be able to watch my favorite character, PonyBoy in a clearer view. I smiled at the sight of him. I loved it especially when he dyed his hair blonde, when Johnny did that to him so he could hide his identity, I couldn't help but 'fangirl.'
"Psst, Shawn. How about you dump her and you go out with me?" I heard one of the girls from nearby offer.
"No. I'm dating someone way better than you." He hissed, and the girl was offended. She gave me a dirty look, then looked back at the movie.
"How is she better though?" Crandall whispered.
"How is it that you don't have every broken bone in your body yet?" Shawn remarked.
"How is it that you can date someone who's ugly and turn down a sexy girl like Jan Marrion?" Crandall said.
"Yeah, Shawn. She's ugly. You don't need a girl like her." Jan said, getting back into the conversation.
"Stop it." Shawn insisted. I tried to focus on the movie. It was almost over. I. just. Had. To. Make. It. Through.
It was the scene were Sodapop had enough of Ponyboy and Darry fighting.
But they kept harassing me, saying how horrible I looked to Shawn.
"Oh look, she looks as if she's about to cry. Can't her little ugly heart and face take it?" Crandall teased.
"Crandall shut up!" Shawn yelled at him.
Memories began to flood throughout my mind. I've been called bad names at home as it was, ones worse than just labeled as ugly.
I tried to fight the urge of leaving the classroom, but then that's when Crandall said something that broke me.
"She's just an insecure bitch, and a worthless whore." Crandall hissed.
That was enough.
I rushed out of the classroom, heading into the bathroom. There were girls in here who laughed at me.
"Hey look it's that girl who's dating Shawn. She's trash just as it is." One of the girls gossiped, making the others giggle.
I hid myself in one of the stalls, planning on staying here til school was over.

Shawn
Before class was over, Jasmine ran off.
I've had it. Once the bell rang, Crandall stood up taunting me.
"Oh look, now you're girlfriend can go home and cry."
"Oh look, now you can bleed." I threw myself at him, fighting him off until Mr. Turner and Cory had to pull us away.
"What's going on?" Mr. Turner demanded.
"Nothing. I need to go find Jasmine." I said, pulling myself away from Cory's grip.
"Wait, Shawn. Let me try and find her. I think I know where she might be." Topanga insisted. I allowed her to get passed me and she headed into the girl's bathroom. Cory and I waited outside of the bathroom, hoping Jasmine would come out. But Topanga came, frowning.
"She's in here. She's not going to budge coming out of the bathroom. She doesn't wanna stay here though." Topanga said.
"I'm coming in." I said, not caring if I was a boy walking into a girl's restroom.
Topanga led me to where stall she was in, which was all the way at the end.
"Jasmine, come on. Please come out." I insisted to her, leaning my head against the door.
"I don't want to." She says, sniffling. I could tell she's been crying.
"You can't stay in there forever. Just come out." I insisted.
"I wanna come out and leave the school,but I'm afraid I'll get made fun of on the way out." Jasmine says.
"We can. We can go anywhere, I'll come with you. I'll protect you. All you have to do is come out." I pleaded.
"Shawn, you can't just ditch school." Topanga argued.
"I'm going to. Jasmine is feeling a little uncomfortable here as it is, with what happened in first period. So, she needs the comfort, and I'm coming with her." I responded. Topanga sighed. I turned my focus back on Jasmine, who still hasn't said anything.
"Jasmine?" I whispered.
A minute later, she opened the stall. Her eyes were puffy, and her face was all red. There was still a tear streaming down her cheek, so I wiped it off of her with my thumb. I helped pack her things, and walked out of the bathroom.
"Will you be okay Jasmine? Remember you're gorgeous as it is. They are all jealous of you." Topanga reminded her, and Jasmine smiled. Topanga hugged her, then let go, heading to her class.
"Will you be okay Jasmine?" Cory asked, making sure as well. She nodded her head yes, and he patted me on the back, praising me for what I was doing.
I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, heading with her out of the school.
:::
I decided to take her to my trailer, where my parents were filled with bewilderment and suspicion seeing me walk in.
"Shawn, we understand you hate school, but aren't you supposed to be there until like 3:30?" My dad asked, confused. Since my dad delayed a lot of important phone calls, he often missed out on any recent news.
For example, like during the winter time, when the school sent all the students home early due to a severe blizzard, my dad would often be confused to find me home so early.
That was because he was too lazy to intervene with anybody he was supposed to lend money to; that's why he rarely answered the phone.
"Well that's because you miss out on things Chet!" His mom argued, my dad just rolling his eyes.
"I can't take this." He sighed,heading out of the trailer, closing the door with a loud slam. It caused Jasmine to jump, but then she calmed herself down afterwards.
"Sorry about that Jasmine. But anyways, what's wrong? Why are you guys here so late I don't see any signs of a snowstorm."
"Jasmine has been overwhelmed all day. She's been getting bullied because of her new glasses. So right now, she wants to stay away from that environment with all those people." I said, informing my mom. She gasped, then hugging her.
"Aww, I'm sorry sweetheart." She apologized, trying to sooth her. I rubbed Jasmine's back, since I was hearing her sniff. My mom pulled away, trying to keep a reassuring smile.
"How about we make some cookies together? Just you and me?" My mom offered her.
"I'd like that." Jasmine says softly.
My mom and her went into the kitchen, beginning to bake cookies together. I smiled, but then felt a little envious. My mom never really done things like this. I let it be, cause my parents accepted Jasmine as my girlfriend. Plus, Jasmine could at least have a motherly figure to look up to since hers passed.
I decided to let them spend time together, and I headed into my room.
I took off my bag, setting it onto the bed. I did the same with Jasmine's.
I found my journal full of my poems, flipping to a clean page.
I jotted some lines down, then felt a little brain dead. I set it back on the top of my dresser, and rested on my bed for a while until my door opened.
I looked up to see Jasmine there.
"Hey, you okay?" She asked me, coming to sit next to me.
"I'm okay, why do you ask?"
"Oh, it's just you seemed a little upset." She murmured, looking down. I sat up, scooting closer to her.
"No it's just a headache that's all," I confirmed,"anyways. Are the cookies done?"
She nodded in response and I stood up with her, walking out so to find a plate of cookies on the counter. I took one, eating one.
"These are great." I talked with my mouth full, and Jasmine just laughed a little. I ate another one, coming to a realization that my headache was gone.
I hung out with my mom and Jasmine until my dad came back.
I was happy that my mom was comforting Jasmine.
"You know, I had glasses you're age too." She started, Jasmine looking up.
"Really?"
"Yeah. Everyone teased me, but you know what? I didn't let it bother me. What mattered to me was the few friends I had. The more I didn't let it bother me, the less people that bullied me for it, and eventually it was all okay." My mom explained. Jasmine smiled.
"That made me feel better, thank you." She said, and my mom got up to hug her. I felt a little jealous again, then suddenly my mom went over to hug me.
"What's that for?" I wondered, taken aback by surprise.
"For being a wonderful son." She pecked me on the head, then went to her bedroom to leave us alone.
"You know, my mom is right Jasmine," I pointed out, "you shouldn't let it bother you. You're stunning the way you are. Everything about you is."
She thanked me with a kiss, then my dad came back in, causing us to pull away.
"Oh, sorry, did I interrupt something?" My dad asked, acting embarrassed.
I shook my head no and kept on a reassuring smile for him, then returned back to kissing Jasmine.

Jasmine
I've been thinking about what Shawn's mom told me, about her having glasses on the first day of school and how she had survived my current situation.
I was sad when Shawn had to take me home.
"You sure you'll be okay?" Shawn asked me.
"Of course I'll be okay." I reassured him. He gazed into my eyes for a while, and kissed me good night.
"Good night Jasmine." He says softly.
I kissed him again, and headed inside, regretting it. I shut the door quietly, and sadly, my dad was home.
He got out of the living room sadly and had a angered expression across his face. He threw a beer bottle at me, pissed off.
"You are home late!" He shouted at me, and he tries to throw a punch at me but I dodge it. That didn't work out however. He pushed me roughly to the wall, staring at me. He furrowed his eyebrows, confused.
"Why do you have those?" He demanded, taking my glasses off of my face.
I get them back from him, and slipping it back on my face.
"Look, I couldn't see okay?"
"How did you get them?" He asked me.
I didn't respond. I tried to get away from him but he yanked hardly on my arm. He slapped me across the cheek, stinging.
"I went with a friend to the eye doctor. I was having a hard time trying to see and I needed them. What's the big deal?"
"I'll give you a reason to not be able to see."
My dad yanked them off of me, causing them to drop to the ground, the frames breaking out of the rims.
I tried to pull away, but it didn't work when he punched me in the eye, causing me to fall.
He kicked me at the side, yelling at me to get up. I did so, and he shoved me again into the wall.
"You suck as a child. Why did I get left with you?" He spat, causing me to cry. I crouched down, hovering over. I buried my head in my hands, not wanting to see him or get hurt.
He went upstairs, and I didn't want to since I was afraid something worse would happen.
I slept in that position the entire night, not knowing what to do. The only light in my life was Shawn. If I could stay with him, I would.
❤︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 45 10
◤𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐈 "𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘/ 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐒" 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐎𝐍-𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇.◢ ❝𝗠𝗮𝗻, 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗴�...
21.2K 602 18
COMPLETED. When both Amy and Alan have had enough of their out of control teenage son they send him to Philadelphia, hoping he can get his life back...
3.6K 110 26
Gianna has a pretty decent life as a teenager in high school she has her best friends Mavis and Karan by her side she has a good grades and a okay...
307K 5.9K 25
Y/n Y/l/n and Shawn Hunter used to have one of the most epic high-school love stories to exist. Until they had a falling out. Thirteen years later, t...