Zurvivors

By ClauAnne

There were two bestfriends, Kathreen Collins and Clarisse Lightwood; Their family had a Road trip because Sum... More

Chapter 1: The Crash
Chapter 2: Search
Chapter 3: Finally discovered
Chapter 5: Separated groups
Chapter 6: Rivals at war: Too popular?
Chapter 7:Impossibility, A Possibility <3
Chapter 8: Giving up shields
Chapter 9: You're messing with the wrong girl
Chapter 10:Wardrobe Malfunction and more
Chapter 11: Secrets, Lies, and Baiting season
Chapter 12: BE THE BAIT!!!
Chapter 13: Whose the Culprit?
Chapter 14: No kidding?!
Chapter 15: New Guys
Chapter 16: Welcome to Z Highschool
Chapter 17: "Lost"
Chapter 18: 4 Years... Ago?
Chapter 19: Bestfriends stick together... Like glue
Chapter 20: Losing someone
Chapter 21: Changed
Questions and Confusion

Chapter 4: Surviving High

348 15 0
By ClauAnne

Chapter 4 here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Clarisse pov)

Okay, today this will be the first time we'll be able to join a school assembly since 4 years ago.

I have that feeling you get when its your first day of Highschool. The mixed feelings of excitement and anxiety. Its just crazy.

I wore the black shirt I got the week before, when we were at Central Square. I checked to see if Kathreen and Erin were ready to go. Speaking of Erin, we're startin' to have a blast just talkin' to that girl. She's like the sister me and Kathreen never had. Crazy and pretty much awesome, she became our bestfriend in just a week.

They were already done preparing and all three of us went together at the dining table to grab something to eat before we head to school. I grabbed two slices of bread and asked Erin if she could pass the jam and peanutbutter. Its been 4 years since the last time I got to eat a PBnJ sandwich and it never tasted better than ever.

Kathreen took out three glasses and pulled the milk carton from the fridge and placed it on the table for us to drink. We enjoyed talking and chatting about the background of the people who lived at the Institute.

Erin gave us quick advices about the Highschool. Like those who we can talk to and those who we aren't suppose to talk to. Then, she finally gave out the advice that we thought was just another crazy survivor from the Institute.

"Okay," said Erin "You guys already know MOST of the people, but there's someone else you have to avoid getting contact with."

Me and Kathreen stared at each other then said at the same time said. "Who?"

Erin took a deep breath, then said. "My brothers."

Then, my mind just went...WHAT? Why them? What's wrong with them?

"Uh... Do they eat people?" I asked with a funny look on my face. Erin just burst laughing. "No, you just gotta avoid them cuz' their like... The coolest guys on school and, uh... They rule the school."

"Really?," said Kathreen with the awkward tone of voice. "They can't possibly be that bad."

"Exactly," I said "They seemed nice when we met them, and plus Jace just saved me didn't he?"

Erin sighed and look tired of trying to argue us both. She drank her milk til' her glass was completely empty then said "Fine, besides Maryse said you guys should experience the Institute yourselves. Get to know the people more."

We both nodded in agreement, then went back eating our sandwiches. I couldn't get what she meant, but I tried to understand.

(20 minutes later )

We were finally seating and listening to the opening assembly. Ryan, was speaking to the rest of the teenagers inside the assembly room. Advicing us about, being more alert now a days and carefully watching one another. I listened while observing the other students inside the assembly room.

The school was just like the ones everyone goes to before the apocalypse happened. All the different types of people and their groups. There were Nerds, Cheerleaders, Football Jocks ( though not the cute ones), there were Emos, Skater Dudes, and The Mathletes and Science Geeks.

But, among them were only two people who everyone called the Cool Guys. Guessing who?... Jace and Jason Grant, just like what Erin said.

They were sitting next to the teachers part as if they were the teachers favourites.

Jason listened intently and nodded couple of times to agree with Ryan's assembly advices. His right foot was placed on top of the other, like how business men sat on meetings. He wore a black jacket that covered his white undershirt.

I listened intently, but once in a while got that feeling I get when someone was staring at me. I looked to see if anyone was really staring, but everyone including Kathreen and Erin were so serious listening to Ryan's speech.

I continued listening, but the feeling just kept on coming back and back again. I stared at every single student, passing one student to the other. When I finally reached the Cool Guys seats, There I saw the person who gave me the uncomfortable feelings. Jace, just beside Jason ( as usual) sat staring at me with his deep, deep brown eyes.

His arms were crossed on each other as he stared at me. He wore a black hoody sweater that had the word - Gap- printed on it. His Black jeans that looked new were just adoring (not really!). Though, how much I told myself that Jace was cool, He wasn't really the kind of guy I would say I'd fall in love to.

I mean He's cute yeah, but still. There wasn't anything wrong with his hair, nor his face. He just wasn't my type of guy.

Because I was so busy with my stare on stare contest with Jace Grant, I never noticed that the assembly was actually over and that everyone were standing up. Even when everyone stood up and gathered their stuff, Jace never stopped his staring... And so did I.

I never noticed Kat calling until I felt a soft nudge on my left arm. "Ow!" I gasped while holding unto my arm. "Whatcha do that for?" I asked glaring at Kathreen awfully.

"Hey!... I have been calling your name and shouting at your ear for 2 minuyes and you could at least stop and listen." She said angrily "Who are you lookin' at anyway?" Kathreen followed my sight and saw Jace still staring at me by the corner.

"Hey, isn't that Jace? Wow! He actually has style, huh?" Kathreen said. I rolled my eyes thinking~yeah right, Jace Grant cute and stylish. Thats impossible.~ everyone stood up and gathered their stuff and so did we.

I finally gave my stare on stare contest and decided to do the same thing as everyone did. I carried my books following behind Kathreen and Erin. I turned once in a while trying to see if Jace was still staring, turns out he stopped staring already and was talking to Ryan and Jason.

(School lobby)

"Hey Ashley!" Said Erin with a big smile on her face. Ashely Austin was the girl who was in charged of giving the subjects new kids like us needed. "Alright, so which one of you is Clarisse?" She said.

I walked towards her and smiled "Welcome to Z highschool. Enjoy your time here, while we still can." I tilted my head a bit. I didn't get what she mean't by "enjoying my time, while we still can."

I was about to ask her what she meant by that, when I heard a familiar voice speak just behind or beside me. "Hey Ash. Do you mind giving me the number of textsbooks Professor Stanley needs?" I turned quickly and slightley startled to see Jace. His jet black hair still ever black.

He was lookin' at Ashley, then probably noticed me staring turned to look at me. His eyes shot lookin' striaght to mine like as if he was readin' my mind (though, I hope not).

"Hi!" He said eyes still fixed on mine. I swallowed a couple of times before I spoke to hide the nervousness in me. "Hi!" I said.

"Hows your few days on observing the Community?"

"Great, just great. Just starting to make new friends." I smiled.

I couln't understand once more what Erin meant about her brothers being bullies. I mean, Jace looked pretty nice for a guy his type. Very accomodating, a life saver, popular at school, what's so wrong about him?

His mouth opened as if to say something more, when Erin came out of nowhere and grabbed me by my right arm.

"Hey Jace." She said still tugging on me "uh... We gotta go cuz' Clarisse is late for her first class." She mouthed something at me when I turned to stare at her. The words she mothed were~come on~ we have got to go~.

Jace was staring and noticing the looks me and Erin were having on our faces. He probably saw the reluctancy that Erin had wanting me to stay away from him cuz' he said "Yeah, I think you guys better go of now. Risse might get late. Go ahead."

Me and Erin looked at each other then erin said "Yeah, we best be going now." She tugged me and soon we were out of the room.

"I can't believe you actually talked to Jace. Of all the people, you had to talk to Jace." I ignored what things she mumbled I turned back to see Jace still staring behind us. I waved good-bye and saw him raise his right hand in reply. Then we continued to walk.

--------

Hey, I seems too short I'll be fixin' up stuff. So, sit back and relax.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 11.4K 54
Hra ktorú nikto nechce hrať, okrem neho. Začal sa ku mne približovať a postupne zrýchlil krok. ,,Nepovedal som, že budem hrať fér, ibaže chcem hrať f...
298K 12.7K 32
#1 in Romance Netúžia po láske. Nechcú sa zamilovať. A predsa sa to stane. Ryanovi ide len o sex, zatiaľ čo Melody sa snaží vyliečiť svoje zlomené sr...
Garde By Ronnie

Teen Fiction

3.1K 284 72
Alejandro je ako otvorená kniha, no točí sa okolo neho príliš veľa tajomstiev. Okrem toho však Elizabeth na novej škole trápia aj iné veci ako tmavov...
94.8K 5.6K 66
,,Ale neboj zlatko, ja niečo vymyslím, aby si sa zamiloval aj ty do mňa." šepla som si sama pre seba s úsmevom na tvári. O 3 roky neskôr Už už som sa...