Wake Me Up Inside{5SOS}

By tashatonks

Ella loves her music, her books, her stars, her everything. Her classmates think she's antisocial and a lose... More

Welcome to my Life
Keep your head down
Lost and Insecure
Catch My Breath
Teenage Dirtbags
Moments in Time
Waiting for Superman
Wherever You Are
Don't You Cry No More
She Looks So Perfect
I Write Tragedies Not Sins

Curtain Call

67 4 1
By tashatonks

•Ella's POV•

So I'd been hanging out with Louis and Liam getting to know them better. And we'd been having a really good time! I even got to talk to Lottie. That's Louis' sister, she so amazing. Anyway, it was almost time for the concert to start by the time I went to go tell Calum, Michael, Luke and Ashton good luck. It was going to be such a good concert. I could already tell.

I walked to the edge of the stage and grinned at the numerous fans who couldn't see me. Then I heard screaming and looked out a different opening in the stage to see girls screaming and pointing at the bus. I started laughing, this was such an amazing experience. You have no idea how amazing this night was going to be. I took a picture of myself with the stage and some fans behind me and sent it to Cassie. This was everything she was missing.

My phone dinged with a message from a blocked number.

Still trying 2 find a prom date? 2 bad. All the boys have dates. Sux to suck huh?

Honestly, I was really hurt by this. I had been trying for weeks to ask a guy to prom. And now I don't even get a chance to try? And ooh, the grammar. The grammar nazi is starting to come through.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to find Michael staring at me with a worried look on his face.

"What?" I asked shoving my phone in my pocket.

"You just look a little sad is all." He kept staring. Had he read my phone?

"Sad? No. Not me. Never." I shook my head.

"Liar." He grinned. "Either way, you shouldn't be sad. You should be excited. There's a concert about to happen and I'm not even ready! I might want to go get changed.. Bye!"

I laughed, only to make him feel better. I wasn't sure how these guys would react to finding out I'm being bullied. But I'd always been bullied. It's not like it was something new.

The concert didn't start for another couple minutes and there really wasn't much for me to do... So I walked out with a group of tech guys making sure everything was in place and all set up. I 'supervised'. I got to do the mic check, too. A couple of the fans already down in the front row started talking to me.

"So, like... Do you run a blog?" One girl asked.

"Why would you ask a techie that Jen? She's probably too busy to run a blog!" The other said.

"Oh please she's too young to be a techie. She's probably the daughter of one of them, Anna." Jen pushed.

"Actually, I'm just a fan but I know the opening group." I finally got to pitch myself in there.

"Oh. My. God! No way!!" the girls squealed. "You know 5SOS?!"

"Yeah, I met them not too long ago, and they wanted to know if I wanted to come along."

"Who sent the message?"

"Michael."

"Then he's gotta be your bestie. The one that texts you, always wants to be your bestie."

"And the one you get stuck with the most?"

"The one that likes you! Duh!" Anna giggled.

"Everyone knows that! Don't you read everything about them?" Jen asked.

"Not till earlier. I watched all their vines, all their YouTube Videos. I was not prepared for a concert." I slumped down on to my elbows.

"Well whatever, I guess we'll look for you backstage."

The two waved and walked away to their seats, that left me to do whatever else I wanted to before the Aussies came out. I walked off stage and sat down on a speaker. Things were going to get very loud, this probably meant my butt was going to be vibrating under this thing.

A little while later Michael, Calum, Ashton and Luke were all lined up ready to go.

"Good luck guys!" I said over the crowd that was screaming at the videos playing.

"Thanks! You should probably change into something else, people can see you plain as day right now." Calum screamed back.

"Or just change for the fun of it." Luke added.

"I think she's fine in what she's in," Michael nodded, "Ash?"

"Yeah... fine.." he nodded quietly. What was wrong with him? It's not like they all meant something by me changing.

I shook it off as they ran out on stage. They immediately broke into Try Hard with Luke singing.

"She's dropping out of school cause she don't need the grades
The colors in her hair, don't seem to fade
I get dressed up when I go out,
but she gets dressed down..." He sang.

Next was Calum, "She's 17 I told her I'm 20
I couldn't take her out cause mom's got no money
It's stuff like this that makes me wish
that I could change somehow..."

"Sitting here at home, it's obvious!"

They all started singing, even Ashton.

"She's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard
'Cause she makes me feel, makes me feel,
Like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard,
'Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down
That she makes me think, makes me think,
That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again
'Cause I'm trying too hard again."

Such emotion! I was swooning at the anount of emotion they were putting into the song. Ugh! Why were foreign boys such perfect singers!?

Calum again, "She's got a rose tattoo but she keeps it covered,
I play guitar but she's into drummers,"

They all pointed at Ashton who stood up grinning and kept playing.

"She's seen my face around but she doesn't even know my name
I pierced my lip so she thinks I'm cool,
I ripped my jeans and dropped out of school,
I followed her 'round the town but she thinks that I'm a weirdo now..."

They all made faces at each other.

"Sitting here at home, it's obvious!"

"She's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard
'Cause she makes me feel, makes me feel,
Like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard,
'Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down
That she makes me think, makes me think,
That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again."

"But now, who knew?
She's in the crowd of my show
Nothing to lose,
She's standing right in the front row
The perfect view,
She came alone on her own,
And there's something that you should know

You're so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard
'Cause you make me feel, you make me feel,
Yeah she makes me feel, she makes me feel
It's obvious,"

"She's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard
'Cause she makes me feel, makes me feel,
Like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard,
'Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down
That she makes me think, makes me think,
That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again
'Cause I'm trying too hard again
'Cause I'm trying too hard again"

The song ended and I found myself clapping extremely hard. My hands were turning red.

That's pretty much how the concert went on. Them singing, fans screaming, me clapping, it lasted for a good hour. Then they did something a little unexpected.

"Now! As many of you know, a lot of stars these days, pull people up on stage." Michael said into his mic.

All the fans screamed.

"And we are going to sing a cover to a very special girl." Calum smirked.

"But! Ashton is going to be the one picking. So if you want to come on up, raise your hand." Luke grinned.

I felt myself slowly raising my arm, knowing full well they wouldn't choose me.

Ashton hopped down around his drums and walked around looking at each girl. Then he looked over in my direction, smiled brightly and ran over.

"Choose a song, any song." He whispered and pulled me out on stage. I protested by holding back, but he just picked me up! We're talking bridal style here. I hid my face so no one would see me blushing.

"Looks like he's made his choice! Now, does she have a name?" Luke asked.

"You know my name Luke, so don't mess around right now." I raised my eyebrows.

"Ooh someone is feisty on stage." Calum laughed.

"Guys this is Ella, she's my friend." Michael said giving me a side hug.

The tech guys brought out a board and stool for Ashton, along with a microphone for him to sit down here.

Ashton called me over to stand by him and smiled.

"Got a song you want us to sing for you?" He asked, a soft light in his eyes.

"Love Story..." I sighed with out thinking about it.

A lot of hoots and hollers came from the crowd. The other three boys looked at each other and started playing their instruments.

"We were both young when I first saw you,
I close my eyes and the flashback starts,
You're standing there. On a balcony in summer air..." Ashton looked up at me as he sang, it made me feel... Special.
"See the lights, see the party, the ballgowns.
See me make my way through the crowd to say hello.
Little did I know,
that I was Romeo,
I was throwin' pebbles,
till your daddy said,
'Stay away from Juliette!'
And you were crying on the staircase,
Begging me please don't go,
And you said,
Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone,
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run,
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess,
It's a love story, baby just say yes."

Everyone screamed, and I was luckily wearing earplugs. I was a bright red, oh Ashton was such a good singer...

•Ashton's POV•

So I sang to her. Oh my God! I sang to her! On stage! In front of people!

I took a deep breath and smiled up at her. I couldn't tell if she liked it enough or not, but I do know it was loud, I was sweating and probably blushing.

She gave the thumbs up and smiled at me. She liked it! Yes! Way to go Ash! Wow... never doing that again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So um.... had a bit of trouble writing this part... was trying to write my novel for NaNoWriMo and that didn't happen so! Here's chapter 5! Hope you're all liking this, would it be possible for you guys to comment? I actually want to hear what you guys have to say and I take suggestions as to what you think should happen... Comment away!!

Toodles!!

~Tasha Lynn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 1.3K 39
**Book 1** (CURRENTLY RE-WRITING AND EDITING) "I'm afraid that I might be losing you." Arielle and Michael have been best friends since, well, foreve...
341K 9.9K 48
|||COMPLETED||| Those 3 bullies were named Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin, and Michael Clifford The victim they were bullying was Diamond Rose Calum Hoo...
978K 25.8K 44
|COMPLETED| "People sometimes don't realize that love is love, and no one can stop it." Meet Briana, all her life she's been protected by...
31.4K 474 43
I'm that girl, you know the one that sits behind the scenes as her best friends make their dreams come true? Yeah her. In my case, I'm best friends w...