The Ultimate Players [NaLu Fa...

By satsuki-sama

In Fairy Academy, there are these two known as 'The Ultimate Players'. They are known by that name because th... More

The Ultimate Players
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 39

1.4K 48 16
By satsuki-sama

Natsu's POV

After Zeref wins our race, we returned back to his store. Whenever we take a vacation here in Miyagi, I often asked my Uncle to come here in Sendai to visit my favorite bookstore. I became friends with the store keeper's son, and that is Zeref. He's 5 years older than me; I consider him my big brother and often visit him whenever I have a problem.

"So what brings you here?" he said while throwing a water bottle towards me.

"Thank you." I said and chuckles "As expected of you." I drink from the water bottle. It's been a while since I've been exhausted like this. Zeref sits at his chair at the counter and starts to scan for books.

"Well you only visit me when you need something." He said taking a book from the shelf.

"That's not true! I haven't visited you in a while because of school." I said in a defensive manner. Zeref is calm and collected but he can be a little bummer when it comes to his negativity.

"Alright, I get you. So what is your problem this time? Let me guess, it's a girl right?"

"Wah?!"

"Ah! So I was right! You don't have to be surprised that I already know. It's the same as always isn't it?"

"It's different this time. She's not like any girl I've dated before."

"You say that all the time. I can never understand you. Whenever you like a girl, and she hurt you, you'll get revenge on other girls' plays with them like a toy or your past time and hurt their feelings. Why don't you straighten up and be a man!" He said as he closes the book he's reading and slams it on the counter

"..." I can't even reply to that direct confrontation

"Don't expect me to be nice all the time. I know you are here to ease the weight on your chest right now but I don't really like the way you do things. I got a call from your uncle and your parents are looking for you."

"Please Zeref don't tell them that I'm here."

"I won't. And I told you remember that I'll let you stay here."

"Thank you as always Zeref!" I said with brimming gratitude in my eyes

Later that night, after I took a bath Zeref prepared a meal for the two of us. It was a quiet meal and he hasn't asked anything else after our conversation.

"Um..." I said getting his attention as I put my chopsticks down.

"What is it?"

"I know you are angry of my ways of doing things, but can you please here me out." I said and he just nods while continuing his meal.

I told him everything about Lucy, her problem she can't tell me, and about our last fight. Zeref stays silent as I tell him my story. He finished his food the same time I finished my story.

"Natsu, is this Lucy really that important to you?"

"Yes... but I don't think it's the same for her."

"So you just run away without confirming her true feelings for you? Yes, I know she told you to disappear. I also know you asked her a bunch of times, but are you really just going to give up and run away from her just because she said so?...Are you always going to be this week and just do whatever she tells you to do? I thought you want to bring back that smile on her face? Are you just going to give her to that person that took that smile from her? You said that that person came back declaring that he's her fiancé right, does that make any sense? I don't think so...."

"I don't even know how to answer all those questions."

"I'm sorry I get to fired up"

"All I can think of is how to unlove her when I really love her. She doesn't even going to like me so I don't even have a reason to fight for her."

"Natsu, if you love her truly, then it is really difficult to get over her and get over that love. There is no easy way to unlove a person. Accept that your feelings for her are true, deep and real and acknowledge and feel that emotion. Feel that love and also feel that pain completely. For the reason to fight for her, I think it's enough to actually try than to give up early. Everyone has a wall building up inside them, but if you patiently wait and break that wall, you'll get to see her true feelings when she finally recognized your worth and eventually opens up to you." He said while cleaning up the dishes in the table.

"Thank you Zeref. You really helped me this time."

"You're really simple minded are you? Those are just words that came from the research of the author with no actual basis."

"What are you talking about?"

"Nothing! Now that I've given you advice, help me out in washing the dishes."

"Yes sir!"

---

The next day I visited my mother's grave. She was buried in her hometown here in Miyagi. Its 1 ½ trip from Zeref's house. It's actually close to my Uncle's house. It's above the hill about 1 km from my Uncle's house.

I told Mom every good thing that happened to me.

"Mom, I'm really having troubles now. But I'm trying to fix myself first before I can face everyone again.... I know you want Dad to be happy too, but I think I'm not giving him a chance with Veronica. I just can't accept that he already forgets his love for you. Maybe I became like this because I want to understand him. But still I can't. Maybe because I'm still a kid, I want to grow up and be mature like Zeref.... He helped me a lot... And the next time I came to visit you again, I'll bring her with me, so that you can meet her." I smiled and stood up.

"Mom I'll be back, with the better person that you want me to be. I'm sorry for not keeping my promise to you, but eventually I'll be able to become the best son you could be proud of."

"I knew you'd be here."

"Uncle Macao. What are you doing here?" I turn around to see my Uncle holding a bouquet of flowers. He walks in front of Mom's grave and put it beside her stone.

"I just got a feeling that you might be visiting her. Your father called again this morning. You really shouldn't make your father worry about you." He said tapping me in the shoulder

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize to me. Apologize to your father."

"But I don't know if I can talk to him now."

"Suit yourself but I'm going to tell him that you are here. Why don't you come over, Romeo will be happy to see you." He smiled and put his arm around my neck and we started walking down the hill

"Can you please tell my Dad that I'll stay here in Miyagi for a week? I promise to call him in 2 days."

"You really have such a request huh? Hahahaha! You still haven't grown huh Natsu!"

---

"Zeref, I have last favour to ask you." I said putting my hands together

"What is it?"

"About my hair, can you..."

I left Zeref's house in the afternoon to return back in Tokyo in the evening. I need to get home for tomorrow. I can't wait to see Lucy. It took time and I'm sure they are really worried about me. I didn't even contact them. I just really like to freshen up and restart my messy life. I've already contacted my parents 2 days ago and I really get an earful from Veronica. Maybe I really judge her at first but I can see that she really is worried of my sudden disappearance. I need to apologize to father and Gray and the others when I get back. The most I'm worried about is how am I going to face Lucy. I still have doubt and fear. I really want to help her in any possible way that I could. But I don't even know if she even wants to see me again.

I came back to the mansion of my parents the time I arrived in Tokyo.

"Natsu!" Father said and Veronica while running towards me at the door

"I'm sorry father for making you worry." I said and bowed at him. He wrap his arms around me instead of being scolded he said "Thank goodness you're alright." I was really happy that even Veronica joined us.

"Veronica, I may not be the best child you expect me to be but I'll try to get along with you from now on."

"That's good enough for me." She said hugging me while shedding some tears

"You don't have to cry you know."

"I'm not crying. Something just caught in my eyes."

"Natsu...Why don't you stay here again? I'm really worried that you might do something again. It's not really a good idea sending you away." Father is really worried about me, but I don't think sending me away is a bad idea.

---

I went back to my unit the same night. I walk to my room and saw my busted phone on the floor. I place it in my study table and look for boxes to put my things into. After I packed some of my things, and decide to take a bath. It's already 9:30 and I still have time for tomorrow.

After taking a shower I dip in the bath tub."Ahh...I miss this. Zeref really need to get a bath tub in his place." I begun to get sleepy and close my eyes while hanging both my arms outside the tub.

I suddenly hear the doorbell continuously ringing. I soak my head in the tub and get up. I put up my underwear and a towel on my waist and get the door. I don't have time to put on my clothes with that continues ringing.

"Oh! Lucy I just came out the shower I'm sorry I didn't get the door earlier." I said calmly but my fcking heart just drop on the floor the moment I saw her.

An unexpected meeting and situation... I don't think I'm ready for this. I plan to talk to her tomorrow but I think fate can't last a day without torturing my heart. I don't even know how to face her now and I just now pretend that everything is cool and nothing happened.

---

To be continued...

A/N:

Gahhhh!!! Sorry for the wait. Here is a chapter to compensate for that. Note that I literally broke the 4th wall there with Zeref. Hahahhaha. Just felt like doing it. Because I don't really know what would Zeref would tell Natsu. Anyways... I would likely appreciate comments from now on that the book is approaching its end. I don't even know how to end it yet but I have a concept in mind but I'm still undecided with it. Thank you for the support as always...

Ciao~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 48.6K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
767K 30.2K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
181K 4.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
415K 12.2K 101
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc