Book 1 of Twisted: I Heart...

By sheepandwolf

Probably the biggest love triangle ever. After enrolling in to McKinley High, Avery, Erica and Victoria foun... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1- First day of school
Chapter 2- How was your day
Chapter 3- Auditions
Chapter 4- Did we make the cut?
Chapter 5- A Dramatic Plot
Chapter 6- Worst Date Ever
Chapter 7- First training
Chapter 8- Trouble
Chapter 9- Confrontation
Chapter 10- First 'Date'
Chapter 11- The Concert
Chapter 12- Jealousy In The Lab
Chapter 13- Reasons
Chapter 14- Seeing Is Not Believing
Chapter 15- History
Chapter 16- Baseball vs Basketball
Chapter 17- A Bunny Disguise
Chapter 18- A Good Deed
Chapter 19- Blind Corner
Chapter 20- Let's Play
Chapter 21- The Party of a Beginning
Chapter 22- Doubtful
Chapter 23- Trapped
Chapter 24- The Game
Chapter 25- Innocent and Naughty
Chapter 26- Day 2 Of Fun
Chapter 27- Payback
Chapter 28- Secret Love
Chapter 29- Quarterfinals
Chapter 30- Valentine's Day
Chapter 31- Number 13
Chapter 32- Natasha Ford
Chapter 33- Semifinals
Chapter 34- Movie Night
Chapter 35- Decisions
Chapter 36- Child's Play
Chapter 37- Unsaid Feelings
Chapter 38- Love At First Sunlight
Chapter 39- Ideal Girl
Chapter 40- Sophie's Makeover
Chapter 42- Assumptions
Chapter 43 - Finals
Chapter 44- After Party
Chapter 45 - Bitch Recruitment
Chapter 46 - The Bet
Chapter 47 - Friend or Foe?
Chapter 48 - Preparations
Chapter 49 - The Amazing Race
Chapter 50 - A Hockey Celebration
Chapter 51 - Melody's Meeting
Chapter 52- Planning
Chapter 53- A Little Love Surprise
Chapter 54- Outcome
Chapter 55- The Real Deal
Chapter 56- Library Encounter
Chapter 57- Suspicions
Chapter 58- Who I Really Am
Chapter 59- Bowling

Chapter 41- Tone Deaf

12.7K 97 2
By sheepandwolf

Author's note: Sheep- So here's 41. Enjoyyy~

Chapter 41- Tone Deaf

Erica:

Alright! I was about to meet my two best buddies at the mall for lunch. I myself out of the house and took a cab to the mall where I see Avery already waiting by the fountain. I looked to my watch. 12.00pm. Well, I made it just on time. I scanned the area. No sign of Victoria. I sighed. When will she ever be early?

“Hey!” I greeted as I walked up to Avery.

Avery smiled in acknowledgement. “Have you been here long?” I asked.

Avery shook her head, “Nope. About 15 minutes.”

You’re kidding me right? How is 15 minutes not long?

About 10 minutes later, Victoria arrived.

“What took you so long?” I groaned.

“Uh, I missed the bus.” She smiled.

“What do you want to eat?” Avery asked the both of us as we began walking towards the mall.

“Hmm… How about some Chinese?” I suggested.

“Yeah. Haven’t had Chinese in quite awhile.” Victoria replied.

We stepped into the mall and walked over to a Chinese restaurant. We settled ourselves down and ordered the food. This was our favourite Chinese restaurant. We don’t even need the menu and we can order straightaway.

15 minutes later, there was a widespread of food on our table.

“Let’s dig in!” Victoria exclaimed.

We began eating and when we were done, we settled the bill and left.

“What do you wanna do now?” I asked.

“Hmm… How about heading to the arcade?” Victoria beamed.

Ugh, Victoria and her game fetish.

While making our way to the arcade, we shopped along the way. When we arrived at the arcade, Victoria ran in and got the credits to play the machine.

“Let’s start with my one and only favourite game… BASKETBALL.” She exclaimed in excitement.

The next thing I knew, she pulled Avery and I, and ran to the basketball machine. Seriously, I’m not a ball person.

You should have seen the way I shot the basketballs. I was made the laughing stock of the game! It was so embarrassing. There were three machines. We each took one and there was this stupid time limit that we had to get a certain about of points before moving on to the next round. I was out on the first round. Yeah, that was how much I sucked.

I looked over to Avery and Victoria. Wow, they were doing well. They completed all four rounds and I looked at the points they’ve scored. Avery: 536 Victoria: 540.

Oh my God… How is that even possible?

Avery and Victoria walked over to me.

“So how much did ya get?” Victoria asked as she looked over to the machine I was playing at.

“10?” She shrieked, “Who in the world could ever get a 10?”

Victoria burst out laughing and Avery soon after.

“Yes, I got a 10. Can we play something else now?” I groaned.

We continued to hang around the arcade playing pinball and kart racing.

“Okay, I’m bored.” Victoia complained.

“Yeah, you’re always bored.” I retorted.

“How about some karaoke?” Avery suggested.

My eyes widened and I looked over to Victoria. She has done the same thing. We strictly CANNOT let Avery sing. Oh my God. Avery loves to sing but the thing is, she can’t sing.

Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. How can a girl with such a pretty face, can’t sing?

“Come on! Let’s go!” Avery squealed.

We followed behind her as she led the way.

I whispered to Victoria, “What are we going to do?”

“I don’t know about you but I have my earplugs from the Formula 1 Grand Prix last year. I’ve kept it ever since knowing that a day like this was going to happen.” Victoria whispered her reply.

“Then what am I going to do?” I panicked.

Then I remembered I take competitive swimming outside and I crossed my fingers as I searched my bag for the earplugs.

“YES! THANK GOD!” I shrieked when I found the earplugs. I think I might have said that a little too loud as almost everyone in the mall was giving me stares of disapproval.

“Sorry!” I apologized in embarrassment.

We got a room for karaoke and Avery began choosing the songs.

I was about to put my earplugs on when Victoria nudged me, “Hey, don’t be so rude. Who knows? Maybe she has improved. Let’s hear just one song.”

“Ugh, fine.” I muttered.

Avery chose Firework by Katy Perry.

Sorry for being mean but oh my God, she’s still as horrible as ever.

“Cause baby, you’re a firework. Come on, show ‘em what you’re worth. Make ‘em go, oh, oh, oh. As you shoot across the sky.”

I began putting on my earplugs and glared at Victoria. But no, she already HAD her earplugs on.

Avery looked back to us when she was done singing and both of us just clapped, “Whoo! You’re awesome!”

Her next song was Rolling in the Deep by Adele. I’m telling you, it was HELL for us.

After Rolling in the Deep was Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion. Oh God, she honestly cannot drag her notes well. Even with the earplugs on, I could still hear her voice faintly which was already enough to make me go deaf.

The worst, you wouldn’t guess what was after Because You Loved Me. It was I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston. Can you believe it? OH MY GOD I WILL BE DEAF BY THE END OF THIS SESSION. When will she ever get tired?

I saw Victoria getting up at the end of the song. “Hey, where’re you going?” I asked.

“I have to meet my cousin. She’s back from Texas and apparently I have to show her around.” She grumbled.

With that, she left the room.

“Come on, even without Victoria we can have fun. I want to sing My Heart Will Go On now.”

OH GOD, SOMEONE SAVE ME.

Victoria:

Oh no, there’s school tomorrow. Ugh… I hate the thought of school. Oh well, I’m out to meet my buddies at the mall. When I got to the bus stop, my bus just left. Great… I’m going to be late…

After being stranded on the bus stop for 15 minutes the bus finally came.

When I arrived at the fountain, Avery and Erica were already there.

“What took you so long?” Erica groaned.

“Uh, I missed the bus.” I smiled.

“What do you want to eat?” Avery asked us as we began walking towards the mall.

“Hmm… How about some Chinese?” Erica suggested.

Not remembering when was the last time I had Chinese, I replied, “Yeah. Haven’t had Chinese in quite awhile.”

We stepped into the mall and walked over to a Chinese restaurant. We settled ourselves down and ordered the food immediately. We didn’t even have to think. We knew the menu all too well.

15 minutes later, there was a widespread of food on our table.

“Let’s dig in!” I exclaimed, not wanting to wait any longer.

We began eating and when we were done, we settled the bill and left.

“What do you wanna do now?” Erica asked.

“Hmm… How about heading to the arcade?” I beamed.

I just can’t say “No” to games. It’s fun and addictive.

As we walked to the arcade, we got distracted… When we arrived at the arcade, I ran in and got the credits to play the machine.

“Let’s start with my one and only favourite game… BASKETBALL.” I exclaimed in excitement.

I love playing basketball at the arcade. It’s my FAVOURITE game. Each time I enter any arcade, this would be the game I’ll always play first.

I pulled Avery and Erica, and ran to the basketball machine.

I’ve become a maniac on the loose in the arcade.

I shot in the balls perfectly well. Well, Avery and I were pretty good at the game considering that we’re both basketball players…

At the end of the game, I scored 540. I looked over to Avery. 536.

“Hah! I beat you again!” I pointed at her, laughing.

“Ugh, whatever. It’s only four points.” Avery mutterered.

Avery and I walked over to Erica.

“So how much did ya get?” I asked as I looked over to the machine Erica was playing at.

“10?” I shrieked, “Who in the world could ever get a 10?”

I burst out laughing and Avery soon after.

“Yes, I got a 10. Can we play something else now?” Erica groaned.

We continued playing pinball and kart racing. Damn, it was fun.

“Okay, I’m bored.” I complained.

“Yeah, you’re always bored.” Erica retorted.

“How about some karaoke?” Avery suggested.

I widened my eyes and looked to Erica in horror. Avery must NOT sing. She CANNOT sing. She loves to sing but the thing is, she can’t sing.

It’s such a pity okay, for a pretty girl like her to not be able to sing.

“Come on! Let’s go!” Avery squealed.

I moaned in silence. We followed behind her as she led the way. Lucky for me, I have my earplugs from the previous Formula 1 Grand Prix so I guess I could use that.

Erica whispered to me, “What are we going to do?”

“I don’t know about you but I have my earplugs from the Formula 1 Grand Prix last year. I’ve kept it ever since knowing that a day like this was going to happen.” I whispered back.

“Then what am I going to do?” Erica panicked.

I shrugged my shoulders as Erica began rummaging through her bag.

“YES! THANK GOD!” Erica shrieked.

Everyone in the mall stared at Erica in disapproval. Wow, it must’ve been embarrassing for her man…

“Sorry!” Erica apologized.

We got a room for karaoke and Avery began choosing the songs.

I saw that Erica was about to put her earplugs on. Not wanting to be rude, I nudged her, “Hey, don’t be so rude. Who knows? Maybe she has improved. Let’s hear just one song.”

“Ugh, fine.” She muttered.

Avery chose Firework by Katy Perry.

Well, I thought Avery would’ve made an improvement. But no, I was dead wrong.

“Cause baby, you’re a firework…”

Immediately, I placed my earplugs on.

Avery looked back to us when she was done singing and both of us just clapped, “Whoo! You’re awesome!”

Her next song was Rolling in the Deep by Adele. Oh my God, all HELL break loose.

After Rolling in the Deep was Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion. Honestly, she can’t drag her notes very well… I could still hear her faint voice attempting to drag the notes. I hate to say it, but it was a fail.

The worst, you wouldn’t guess what was after Because You Loved Me. It was motherfucking I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston. Can you believe it? OH MY GOD I’M GOING TO DIE.

I looked at my watch. I’m running late. I got up at the end of the song. “Hey, where’re you going?” Erica asked.

“I have to meet my cousin. She’s back from Texas and apparently I have to show her around.” I grumbled.

I waved goodbye to Avery and left the room.

I left and waited for my mum across the street opposite the mall. While waiting, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I spun around and saw that it was Sophie.

“Oh hey! What’re you doing here?” I asked Sophie.

“Oh, uh… I just happened to be around the corner so I thought I’d come over to say hi.” Sophie replied.

“That doesn’t sound like you. I thought you usually greet by saying ‘Salutations’?”

“Uh… I decided to change.”

I nodded my head.

“So what are you doing here?” Sophie asked.

“Oh, my cousin from Texas are here to visit so I have to show them around town. So yeah, I’m waiting for my mum to pick me up.” I explained.

Sophie replied, “Oh, then I guess I’ll see ya around school. Bye!”

Sophie walked off and I stared at her in confusion. Well, this is strange. Sophie just changed her whole way of speaking. Oh well. Sophie always had weird way of speaking so it’s a good thing she decided to change. It would be so much easier to understand her.

Training tomorrow before the big game! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 103 17
Daniella and Samantha have done a great job raising Avery. Now that she's in high school, will they know how to handle her? Sequel to: That'll Be The...
205K 7.7K 26
Katie is facing her last year of high school with her two best friends, Trey and Cody. Nothing complicates things like a love triangle, right? That's...
38.5K 1.1K 23
Destiny and Travis were high school sweethearts, crazy in love. It was always Travis' dream to be a pro basketball player but he soon realizes that...
160K 4.7K 43
Avery and Sara were high school sweethearts. Now they're in college trying to figure out life, school work, friends, themselves. After everything the...