I'm Not Your Average Girl, Ha...

By kixrsty

Delilah's the only girl in school not falling head over heels for Harry, but as things change stranger things... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.

Chapter 7

183K 1.6K 216
By kixrsty

Delilah's POV

I didn't stop to look behind me at all, I practically ran out of the house hoping to never see his face again. I couldn't ring my mum; it hadn't even been an hour since she dropped me off so I carried on walking into the abyss. I had no idea where I was going I just needed to be alone and as far away from there as possible. I regretted not taking a jacket but I couldn't change that now. I let a single tear slide down my face as I couldn't hold it in any longer, I don't even know why I'm crying but I feel as if I should.

How could he kiss me? Who did he think he was? Harry Styles of course. I shivered at the thought of the kiss, not because it was horrible but because I actually kissed back. I could have stood there and slapped him square in the face but I did the opposite. I felt stupid for thinking it felt right at the time but it really did, it was better than any other kiss I had before but I would never tell him that. I just want to forget it ever happened but I can't, I don't know if it's because it just happened or something else but it won't leave my mind. I can still feel his lips on mine, I can't stop thinking about it, this can't be good. I groaned thinking about it, why me? I thought, he could have kissed any girl at that party but no he kissed me. If only I had stayed downstairs and out of sight, for once in my life why couldn't I have been the good girl my parents had always wanted? Or even better why didn't I get so drunk I wouldn't have even remembered it.

I practically stopped dead in my tracks; what if he tells someone? He will no doubt make up a story about how I came onto him and he threw me off, just to shove my reputation of what I barely have in the first place further down the toilet. I rubbed my temples, still trying to forget about it but it was haunting me. I walked further down the empty street and came face to face with the door to Starbucks. My shivering hand pulled the handle and I huddled inside, embracing the warm air and one of my favourite smells; coffee, freshly brewed. Before I got distracted by the smell I walked up to the counter and waited in line. The couple in front of me were discussing Christmas, I hadn't even thought about it, it was still months away and I'm never organised, I tend to Christmas shop on the 24th. I smiled when the radio subtly blasted out Coffee Shop Soundtrack by All Time Low through the speakers, I laughed under my breath at how relevant this song was to where I was, although the storyline is far from different to my position I was in.

"Can I get a grande mocha please?" I asked the guy behind the counter, I couldn't help notice he had a really nice smile, which was slightly distracting when he spoke to me.

"Are you staying in?" He asked, his voice was harmonious just like his smile. He was like one of those tumblr boys, he seemed perfect. I don't normally sound like this talking about boys but something about him attracted me.

"Y-yes please." I managed to stutter out, probably making a fool out of myself. I'm probably paying attention to him to get my mind of other things but I didn't mind, he was nice to look at.

"Cream?" He asked, his eyes gleaming. He had those cute brown eyes that reminded you off puppies.

"Yes please." I said more confidently this time, smiling back at him. I watched him write down my drink order on the side of the cup, I found it adorable how he was left handed and struggle to write around the handle.

"That's £3.35 please." He asked. I handed him a five pound note and watched as he didn't snatch but gently took it out of my hand, this boy was mesmerizing.

"Keep the change." I said, walking along to the pickup point. I was so tempted to say 'you filthy animal' after that, referring to an All Time Low song and Home Alone, however he would have probably been freaked out.

"Are you sure?" He asked flashing his charming smile.

"Yeah, don't worry." I said with my smile gleaming back at him. He went back to take more orders whilst I watched my drink being freshly brewed.

"Grande mocha with cream?" The barista called. I snapped out of my trance and picked up my drink. I walked over to the front of the shop and sat on one of the bar stools looking out onto the street. I took a sip of my drink, regretting it straight away, I didn't realise how hot it was.

"Hot hot hot." I said, waving at my tongue, whispering to myself.

"We like to think we serve our drinks hot." The mysterious boy said as he sat next to me. I didn't really know what to respond, I could feel my cheeks going red due to embarrassment. "I'm Riley." He said holding out his hand in which I took.

"Delilah." I replied still shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you Delilah, so what brings you out here on this cold evening?" He said gazing out onto the street and then turning back to me when I spoke up.

"It's sort of a long story." I said, not wanting to bore him with my life story.

"Well tell me the blurb." He responded winking at me, I couldn't help smile.

"Well, my mum forced me to go to a stupid party of a stupid boy who I don't like, he caught me snooping in his room and well I left." I said, missing out the details.

"Huh, interesting." He said, rubbing his chin as if he was thinking. "So does your mum know you're here?" He asked, sounding truly concerned.

"Nope, she told me not to ring her for an hour or two." I said whilst sipping on my drink which had luckily cooled down.

"I could always walk you home, if you want?" He asked sounding genuine. It took me a while to process his words, I don't trust people easily. I have no idea what he is capable of. "Don't worry, I'm not going to rape you or anything, I just don't want you out on the street on your own." I laughed slightly at his response to my clueless face.

"Okay, thanks." I said, sipping some more on my drink.

"Well my shift finishes in half an hour if you don't mind waiting." He said while standing up, getting ready to go clean tables.

"Not at all but how do you know I don't live miles away, are you willing to walk that far?" I questioned joking.

"Well then, the more I get to speak to you then." He said, before winking at me. Before I got flustered with his response I replied.

"How will you get home after you drop me off? I might live on the other side of town to you." I asked anxious.

"I'll call a cab." He said while wiping down the table next to me.

"I can't let you do that, I don't mind walking home alone." I said trying to reason.

"Don't worry about it, honestly." He replied.

"If you're sure?" I asked again.

"Completely." He replied.

I spent the next half an hour stirring the remainder of the chocolate and coffee at the bottom of my mug. Not many people passed the window walking along the street; they all had the right idea of staying inside on this cold night.

"Ready?" Riley said approaching from behind making me jump.

"Yep." I said jumping up and walking towards the door.

It would only be a half an hour walk back to my house but it was freezing, I wouldn't be surprised if there was snow on the ground in the morning. We had been walking for 15 minutes and I still hadn't warmed up, I tried my best to show I wasn't cold since Riley kept repeatedly asking me, he wanted to give me his jacket but I refused. I couldn't hold my shivers in any longer and let them creep out.

"See, you are cold, here have this." He said taking off his jacket.

"No, keep it on." I said arguing back.

"Don't be silly." He said draping it over my shoulders.

"Now you'll be cold." I said, putting it back over his shoulders, luckily he wasn't much taller than me so I didn't have to jump up to reach.

"Fine, how about this?" He said. He put the jacket over both our shoulders and huddled closer to me. I don't think the jacket was warming me up at all, I think it was his warm presence that heated me up inside.

"Much better." I said, grinning like a 5 year old on Christmas.

"Well, this is my place." I said turning to face my house.

"Nice house, well it was nice meeting you." Riley said.

"Do you want me to wait out here for your taxi?" I asked, hoping he would say yes. I don't care if I sound like a love struck 12 year old but he had an aura that pulled me in.

"I don't mind, I don't want you getting cold though." He said looking into my eyes.

"I'm not cold." I said, getting comfy next to him on the pavement.

Luckily the taxi only took 10 minutes, even though I was warmer than before sitting on the cold ground made my shivers approach again.

"Okay, well it was nice meeting you." I said this time.

"You too." He said while opening the door. "Hey Delilah?" He called after me as I started to walk away.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Would you mind if I got your number? I'd love to speak to you again." He said, slightly nervous which made me 'aww' even more inside.

"Sure, I'd love to speak to you again." I said, handing him my phone.

"Well, I'll speak to you soon." He said sitting in the taxi.

"Yep." Was all I replied before the taxi drove off. "Bye Riley." I said quietly to myself as I turned to walk up the long driveway that led to my house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 421 39
Maighlin Ross is a Junior (year 11) at Wakefield High school in a little town in Michigan. Her school doesn't usually get many exchange students but...
2.1K 4 29
.
Bad Girl By Mandy

Fanfiction

8.4K 166 24
Everyone isnt as good as they seem...
652 14 21
Abby and Emily know their school isn't normal. When they're called upon to protect high profile targets, they're thrown into a world of danger.