Wings of Destiny ❤

נכתב על ידי FairySalvatore

He has been my protector, He has been shore to my sea, Now it's my turn, For him I shall challenge Destiny. A... עוד

Summary
Prelude
Prologue
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Haylien
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Haylien
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya.
Xander
Freya.
Xander
Leonard
Freya
Xander
Freya
Leonard
Xander
Freya
Xander
Leonard
Freya
Xander
Freya
Leonard
Xander
Freya
Xander
Important
Epilogue
Request

Freya

8K 464 79
נכתב על ידי FairySalvatore

He is like a riddle,

Too hard to understand,

He is so close,

Yet out of reach of my hand.

Freya

Insanity knows no boundary I guess because here I was stuck in a stupid situation all because I am a certified nerd. I loved reading, who doesn't? Apparently, that jerk didn't and now I had to help him read. What is he, a six-year-old kid?

But I have to admire his persistence. He wanted to amends things or maybe he was playing games, whatever it was, he was working hard for it. My insults, my reprimands bounces off him only making him laugh.

I like your eyes Freya, they are like molten chocolate

His words are etched in my mind now. Why is he so abrupt and brazen with his words? Of course he didn't mean it when he said that. A guy as stunning as Alexander never looks at a girl like me. It is a universal law, attractive people attract more beauty. Average people just remain average. Besides that , we both were in a different league and I didn't want to be Cinderella and go for the dark prince.

"Stop thinking about me now." His familiar, velvety tone called out as he came next to my locker.

"I don't like torturing myself with such things Alexander." I snapped at him.

"I thought we were on better terms now." He gave me a look of mock hurt.

"You don't defame my father, make me a bullying target and even had me sexually assaulted and then get on good terms with me just like that because now your mood is like that." I retorted putting all my anger in my words.

There was an undeniable charge, a fire between us but it will be foolish and shameless on my part to just forgive him this easy.

My words affected him and he looked he was slapped. His eyes held pain and guilt but I moved ahead before he can utter a word.

After a moment, a hand gripped my arm and turned me sharply. I stood face to face with Alexander. A sense of déjà vu hit me but this time in my dream like vision Alexander was kissing me and shocked at my thoughts I pulled myself out.

What the bloody hell, Freya?

"I get what I want Freya." He said with an intensity that had me trembling slightly.

"And what is that? Defeating me in other sick games of yours," I challenged him with my eyes.

"To get you to forgive me," I scoff at his confidence.

I wriggled out of his touch because as much as I would like to lie but his touch, his eyes made me weak. And not bad weak, good weak.

"Get used to my presence," He pulled me closer and his finger left burning trails on my arms, "Get used to my touch," He bent even closer and I shivered involuntarily as his breath grazed my ear, "Get use to me because I am not going anywhere."

My eyes fluttered close, overwhelmed at his proximity, the way he was making me feel.

"And Freya, breathe." He chuckled and stepped away.

My eyes snapped open and I tried my best to glare at him but I had no energy and my mind was hazy. He made me feel something I have never felt, something strange, yet pleasing.

As he walked away I realised what have I gotten myself into.

***

"Thanks for dropping me off," I smiled at Michael for the sweet guy he was.

"It is my job to help a friend when she is walking in devil's lair herself." This made me laugh and he gave me a dry look.

"Are you forgetting , he bullied you?" He reminded me and I mentally winced.

"I am not and I don't know but I just can't refuse when someone asks for my help." Was this the only reason?

Michael sighed and gave me a small smile. He patted my head like a parent.

"I am proud Freya-bear but you know I protect my two friends, you and Tessa."

I nodded and smiled at his chivalry for his friends.

I hopped out and walked in Alexander's house. Tomorrow was Saturday so I had a longer shift at Barney's. I wanted to get done with this reading deal as soon as possible.

I rang the doorbell and the man from last time opened the door.

"Hello, I am here to see Alexander."

"Oh, please come in. I will call him." The man smiled at me curtly and left me waiting in the larger than life hall.

"I thought you wouldn't come after my stunt yesterday in the school." Alexander came down from the stairs.

He was in jeans and a wife beater and God forbid, it was an appealing sight. I had to look elsewhere from thinking stupid stuff.

"If that is what you want, I will be more than happy to leave."

"No, I am starting to enjoy your presence." Again his blunt words surprised me.

"Come on, I will show you the library and we can choose something from there to read." He said and I followed him to the far end of the hall. He opened a wooden door and my mouth dropped open.

It was not just a mini personal library, it was freaking huge, bigger than our school library.

I saw Alexander smirking at me with pride.

"This is so awesome, you have this and you don't like to read." I was totally in awe right now.

"I did some illegal racing." He stepped next to me now and sounded like he was dwelling on his past deeds.

And I felt the familiar charge in the air.

"And that is supposed to answer my question , how?"

"I also tried drugs." I turned and frowned at him for this.

"Do you want to be stupid and die?" I said rather coldly.

"And do you care?" He asked gently.

What the hell does this mean?

"Of course, I do," I said the words out loud that my mind was not even thinking.

I cared, my heart agreed but why? Michael was right, I keep forgetting he was my bully.

A smiled appeared on his face, the rare, genuine smile and I felt a familiar emotion in my heart. Why does a guy like him affect me?

"I am glad you do, you are not allowed to stop caring for me." He said and I had to grin.

"Am I allowed to breathe your Highness?" I asked with sarcasm because each time he is around he tells me to breathe as if he knew how my heart stops.

He just smirked and walked ahead.

My eyes scanned the large room and the stocked shelves and my I stopped on a Julius Caesar classic, Macbeth. I loved the book because of its magical elements.

"Shakespeare, really?" Alexander looked amused.

"Nothing better to start."

"Then why not something like Romeo and Juliet, sappy romance kind of thing?"

"Are you stereotyping that girls only read romance?" I glared at him.

He chuckled and shook his head in a no.

"No, I meant I am already obnoxious, according to you, why read me Macbeth?"

"And how do you know what is in the book?" I was getting suspicious now.

"My mom is the reader in the house and she usually blabbers a lot about books. This is one of her favourites." He pointed out the Macbeth.

"Great then we will begin this." I sat down on the floor , supporting my back on the shelves behind me.

"We will sit here?" he gave me an incredulous look.

"I can get your throne if you want?" He scoffed at my sarcasm.

But sat down next to me, our knees almost touching as we folded our legs Indian style.

First I gave him the gist of the book.

"Why did you sell the phone?" He suddenly asked in between my talks.

It took me a moment to remember that he bought me a phone and I sold it away.

"Because I didn't want anything from you," I stated out truthfully.

He gave me a disapproving look and inhaled sharply.

"I hurt you , didn't I?" His eyes looked at me with an intention of looking through me.

"And we are here for reading Alexander." I avoided his question.

If I said yes, he will start with the apology which was making it harder for someone like me to stay mad at him. And I was in no condition to say no.

"Aren't you curious why I did that?" He asked with a frown of confusion.

"Not now." I didn't want to listen to his reasons that might affect me and my heart somehow.

"Fine, then what happens after the fates makes the prophecy?" He asked casually as if nothing weird happened.

"You were actually listening to me?" I asked totally surprised.

"Surprisingly I was, it's way you speak I guess. I cannot bring myself to ignore your sexy voice," He stated coolly and waited for me to resume with Macbeth's summary I was giving him.

But his words made me stop and brought on the heat to my cheeks. Was he doing this on purpose, he just compliments like they were some general topic of talk and discussion. There was no denying it, his light compliment affected me if it was true which I doubt it was.

No one ever said my voice was sexy.

And this way we ended up reading Macbeth and even commenting on the plot line once in a while. A message from Julia reminded me that I was late for my work shift.

"Oh, I have to go. I have my shift at Barney's." I got up in a hurry.

I think I heard him sigh and mumble something like so soon.

"I can drop you if you want." He offered.

"No thanks, I will manage. I don't want to step out of Alexander Comhan's car and then meet your douche friends there."

"They won't dare touch you now. I warned them." He sounded smug.

"And did you explain to them why you are such a split personality?" I fastened my pace to get out of the place and reach Barney'.

"Are you planning to walk till Barney's?" He asked and I thought he was right.

"Where is your car?" He asked as he saw that there was no vehicle for me.

"Michael dropped me," I mumble dejectedly.

"Why?" He asked rather harshly.

"Because he is helping and caring that way," I snap at him for his sudden mood change.

Suddenly he grabbed my wrist and started pulling me along rather forcefully.

"Alexander!" I yelled.

"You can drive with Michael but not me." He yelled back.

Workings of his mind baffled me as much my emotions around him.

"He is my friend." I defended myself, I don't know why.

"And what am I?"

Somewhere deep my subconscious answered; guardian.

"Tell me what am I?" He asked almost with desperation.

What was he, really? He was not in the friend zone, he was not my bully anymore, he was not the enemy, what was Alexander to me?

And like mind sent some secret instruction to my tongue, it spoke up , "Guardian."

-----------------------------------------------

These two make me smile a lot. Human Alexander is super blunt like his earlier two forms. But this Freya is not in love with him and finds his direct nature unsettling :)

I hope you guys liked it...and Breathe people....next up will be Haylien's PoV . He might have some interesting things to say :D

Have you seen the new cover? How is it? Better than before or need to change back?

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

549 114 34
The Angels Wings Genre: Romance/Action/Humor Our main character (Amara) died. I know sad, but not to her. In fact her death was the greatest thing...
82 16 7
In the ethereal realms beyond mortal perception, a guardian angel named Sylas was assigned a sacred duty just like all other guardian angels- to watc...
2.7K 141 57
A profound love between two people betting against all odds, would they be able to stand together? or let the fate decide... Synopsis: Two different...
372 52 11
hieee..this is ruhi...pls give this story a chance 🤞 dedication~ TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO BE HEALED The story is about two childhood friends VANSHI...