Ghost • Klaus Mikaleson

By Floyd__

"You're my only reason to be here. Without you I'm nothing." She knew him. He didn't know her. Klaus Mikaelso... More

00. Prologue
01. The Meeting
02. True Nature
03. Brotherhood
04. Bar Room Fights
05. Under Pressure
06. Particular
07. Plot Twist
08. House of Pain
09. Between
10. What's My Name?
11. Powers
12. The Pulling
13. Black
14. Piss Off
15. Hope You Guess My Name
17. Really You and Me
18. Blood Eagle
19. The Trial
20. Player
21. No Mercy
22. Eric
23. Revelations
24. Black Magic Woman

16. Bringing on the Heartache

7.9K 327 142
By Floyd__

"Wake up Ragna," Klaus said throwing open the blinds.

Ragna groaned at the sunlight, and flipped over so her back was facing it. She wasn't in the mood to be woken up, she wanted to be left alone for the day and not bothered with, just like last night.

"Why?" Ragna asked, "So you and your family can ignore my obvious presence again?"

Klaus rolled his eyes at her, "You're being over dramatic. They were too consumed with being reunited once again."

"Dramatics is a thing I picked up from you," Ragna smirked.

Klaus sat at the edge of her bed, "Rebekah went after Elena again."

"Let me guess," Ragna said into her pillow, "Another unfulfilled dagger threat."

Klaus remained silent, causing Ragna to laugh, "I know you all to well."

"Anyway," Klaus said, "Mother decided that she wants to through a party in honor of our family being reunited once more."

"A party?" Ragna jumped up from the bed, "Can I help plan it? I've been watching parties for 2,000 years. And I must say, it appears to me that frat parties are the most elegant."

"No, no, no, no," Klaus shook his head, "Not a frat party. No beer pong, no drugs, no loud music, and sweaty young adult bodies grinding up against one another."

Ragna frowned, "I mean technically, don't I get a party? A 'you're now visible to the world party'?" 

"No,'" Klaus answered, "It's a ball."

"A ball?" Ragna asked, "Like a total formal ball?"

Klaus nodded, "It's the only thing half of my family knows."

"So, it's just you guys?" Ragna asked.

"No the entire town," Klaus told her.

"And do you really think people in this town will just casually have long formal dresses stored up?" Ragna asked, "If you think they do, maybe you really do need to go to a physic ward."

"Well I know I provided one dress," Klaus muttered.

"Who?" Ragna asked with a confused expression.

"Caroline," Klaus said in a duh tone, "I invited her to be my date."

Ragna's stomach dropped to the floor and her face fell, she could feel it and knew Klaus could see it, but he did nothing. She knew she shouldn't be jealous because she had the opportunity to be in Caroline's place, but she rejected him over and over again, just because she was too stubborn. She lost her opportunity and know she knew she had no chance of gaining it back, just because she didn't want to appear foolish to Klaus, just because she didn't want to be seen as a weakling who falls head over heels in love. She was too worried about causing havoc on everyone in her life, she forgot about making herself happy.

"Great," Ragna muttered. "What about me? Do you suppose I want to go by myself?"

"You made the decision," Klaus said lowly, "You had the opportunity."

"And I don't regret it," Ragna smirked making Klaus frown. She jumped up from the bed and to the large walk in closet, looking for an outfit to introduce herself in.

"What are you doing?" Klaus questioned.

"Getting dressed," she called in from the closet.

"You don't have any clothing," Klaus said to her.

Ragna frowned, "Well I guess, I'm going to have to change that."

••••

"So, you're Ragna," Rebekah said eyeing the Protector up and down.

"Yes," Ragna said as she browsed the racks, "You know, I love this color," Ragna said pulling a black strapless crop top out.

"Black?" Rebekah asked, "It's a dreary color."

"And I'm a dreary person," Ragna smiled, "Quite literally, you know being the future leader of the dark protectors."

"Right," Rebekah muttered, "How old are you exactly."

"Not exactly sure," Ragna said grabbing hold of a dozen hangers, "A bit older than you. Probably around 2,000."

Rebekah's eyebrows raised in surprise, "And you've been around Klaus his entire life?"

Ragna nodded, "Yes. From the time he was born. I was even around when you, Kol, and Henrick were born."

Rebekah frowned slightly at the mention of her youngest brother's name. "But mostly with Klaus. I was stuck with him."

"And how about now? Can you do whatever you please?" Rebekah asked her.

"I still have my protector duties," Ragna said, "Gullvig said I'd be better off seen now, so here I am."

"Gullvig?"

"My boss kind of. She's the evil one. Hiln, is the good one," Ragna told her.

"Hiln," Rebekah said as if her name was familiar. "My father used to tell me stories of creatures like you. Véurr, he called them."

"Protector," Ragna smiled.

"What?" Rebekah asked him.

"It means protector in Old Norse," Ragna smiled at her, "I was a Viking."

Rebekah nodded, "I suppose I was too."

"Did you find a dress for tonight?" Ragna asked Rebekah as she walked to he checkout counter.

"Yes," Rebekah answered, "What about you?"

"Me? I'm not going," Ragna told her as she lifted the monstrous pile of clothing on the counter. "Will you take all of those tags and plastic things off the clothing for me?' Ragna asked.

The girl looked at her puzzled, "You have to pay for them first."

Ragna raised her eyebrows, "I told you to do something for me, so do it."

"Okay," the girl nodded. She quickly began taking the tags off for Ragna, and not ringing a bill up for her.

"You can compel people?" Rebekah smirked.

"Darling, I'm much more powerful than you and your entire family combined," Ragna said, "I can do much more."

Rebekah smiled at her, "I like you."

"That's good," Ragna said taking her bags as the girl packed them, "I'm not an enemy you want to make."

"So what about the ball tonight?" Rebekah asked, "I was actually hoping, you'd keep me company since I don't have a date either."

Ragna shrugged, "I don't really want to do. To be honest, I don't know what I would even do. I have't been at a social function in over 2,000 years."

Rebekah frowned, "I can show you the ropes. You need to get out their eventually."

Ragna turned to her, "You know, I think you should get a date for tonight. You are a hosting lady are you not?"

Rebekah sighed, "I'm not liked much in this town."

"Well you like that human don't you?" Ragna asked, "What's his name? Mathew?"

"Matt," Rebekah muttered, "But he wouldn't go with me, he's friends with Elena and them all."

"But wouldn't it be funny if you did ask him, in front of them all," Ragna told her, "That'd get a good rise out of them."

Rebekah smirked, "I suppose it would, wouldn't it?"

"Of course it would. That's what I'm good at getting a rise out of people."

••••

Ragna sat in font of the large mirror in the room, trying desperately to do the latest makeup trends. She got the makeup to do it, but was so out of practice of doing it herself.

"Bloody hell," she muttered, "I never had to do this."

"Poor thing," a voice said behind her. Ragna whipped around to see Gullvig standing behind her in a long blood dress, "You wanted it."

"You wanted it," Ragna mocked in a higher pitched voice. "Well, I didn't think it'd be this hard. I didn't think Klaus would go after some blonde headed bimbo."

Gullvig raised her eyebrows at her, "Ragna, you're blonde haired."

She huffed, "Fine, what does she have that I don't? I have more than her!"

"Oh, I don't know," Gullvig said taking a seat next to her, "Maybe she didn't reject him?"

"Bu you understand Gullvig, I was scared,"Ragna said, "Nobody has ever loved me in my entire life and suddenly I have the boy who I've known forever tell me that."

"But he's always loved you," Gullvig said, "Even if he didn't know you were there."

"What am I going to do know?" Ragna placed her face in her hands and laughed lowly, "There's a ball going on downstairs, and Klaus is probably with her right this instant."

"I don't know," Gullvig said, "When ever a man pisses me off I usually kill him. But you can't do that."

"I know," Ragna frowned.

"But Klaus does get jealous," Gullvig smirked, "Every easily."

Ragna nodded, "He does, doesn't he?"

Gulvig smiled, "Let's make you hot."

••••

"Interesting," Ragna muttered gazing at the the social gathering from the top of the steps. She picked out a few familiar residents from Mystic Falls, and of course the Mikaelson's whom she all knew. 

Ragna gracefully made her way down the spiraling staircase, her black lace train following behind her. Her black heels quietly clanked against the floor with each step she took. She could feel her eyelashes brush against her soft and gentle skin, the makeup Gullvig applied not moving an inch. She looked good, and she knew it.

Ragna grabbed a wine glass off of a passing tray and held it carefully in her hand, she took a few sips, watching the people walk by her. She didn't seem out of place but she felt as if she was. She was alone again, Klaus busy running off with the newbie vampire.

"Are you the one shacking up with my brother?"

Ragna whipped her head to the direction of the voice. Kol Mikaeslon stood beside her a smirk plastered on his face. 

"Excuse me?" Ragna asked.

"You've been in the house since last night," Kol said, "So I figured you were with Klaus, no one really seemed to know who you were but Elijah and Rebekah."

Ragna scoffed, "Klaus wished he was shaking up with me. I'm Ragna."

"I've heard of you," Kol said, "Elijah mentioned you before, said something about you being invisible and that Klaus finally went over the edge."

"Not invisible anymore," Ragna said motioning to her body.

Kol smirked, "Well where is my brother, do you know?"

"How am I suppose to know?" Ragna scoffed, "He ran off with some tramp."

"Jealous I see," Kol smirked, "No need to, she's not as pretty as you."

Ragna rolled her eyes at him, "And where is your date? Or did they run out of rent-a-dates?"

Kol laughed sarcastically at her, "You're a feisty one. I like it."

"I've see that you met Kol," Rebekah said joining in the conversation, "Mother dropped him when he was a child, so ignore his foolish antics."

"I already knew that," Ragna smirked.

"You've really been around that long haven't you?" Kol asked

"I've been with your family since Klaus was born, yes," Ragna said.

"Well, if I knew about you earlier, I'd make you mine," Kol smirked at her.

"Please," Ragna chuckled, "You wouldn't have a chance with me."

Kol frowned at her before turning to his sister, "Where's your date?"

 "Flirting with his ex," Rebekah huffed.

"You've changed, Becca. You know, settling for mortals is the first sign of weakness," Kol snickered.

"I'm not settling,"Rebekah urged.

"She brought him here to kill him," Ragna pipped up looking at her with a sly smile.

Rebekah nodded,"He's Elena's friend. If he dies, she suffers. But I've already been scolded once, so I was hoping you'd help your baby sister out."

"And spit right in the face of mother's rules?" Kol asked, "I'm in."

••••

"Where's your sister?" Ragna asked Kol, "She should be here if she wants it done."

Kol smirked at her, "You're pure evil, you know that. I love it."

Ragna smirked, "It's my nature, I suppose."

"You and I are alike," Kol spoke up, "Always left behind, and hated for being out true selves."

"I just want to have a little fun," Ragna shrugged, "Killing one of Elena's friends is fun."

Rebekah finally appeared on the steps with Ragna and Kol with a frown plastered on her face. "I'm itching to kill something. What are we waiting for?"

"The mayor cornered me," Rebekah frowned, "Give me 15 minutes to lure Matt outside."

"Outside? What's wrong with right here on the stairs?" Kol asked her, "Make a spectacle of it."

Rebekah rolled her eyes at her, "You sound like an idiot, Kol. Mother would kill you if you ruined her party. See you outside"

Rebekah left the pair on the steps, as she went to greet Matt with a smile. "You coming out for the show?" Kol asked her.

Ragna shook her head, "I can't be seen doing that. I can't get on Klaus' bad side. Or your mother's I haven't even met the women yet."

"So, you must be the women my brother is seeing,"  Elijah Mikaelson said joining Kol and Ragna on the steps.

"Literally, I guess," Ragna muttered, "But I know you, Elijah."

"You also seem to daze his mind with naive ideas of violence?" Elijah asked her.

"What's life without a little drama?" Ragna smirked, "It's all in good care of course."

"Well, has anyone seen Niklaus?" Kol asked "He seems to have gone missing."

"Might want to check a bedroom," Ragna growled, "Him and his pretty date, both seemed to have gone missing"

"My brother speaks fondly of you," Elijah informed Ragna, "Never a bad thing."

"I'm surprised he speaks of me at all," Ragna huffed "Only comes to me when he wants something. And sadly I'm stuck with him until he no longer needs me. I can't wait for that day to come."

"I feel as if my brother will always need you," Elijah said to her, "Sorry if I had to  disappoint you."

"No worries," Ragna told him, "I didn't expect anything less from him."

"Excuse me," Kol said leaving Elijah and Ragna. She watched Kol as he followed Rebekah and Matt out.

"You siblings are cruel," Ragna told Elijah.

"I've heard far worse from you," Elijah said, his tone serious, "You are like Niklaus' puppeteer. But I'll tell you, my mother...this family wants only peace."

"That's your problem Elijah," Ragna frowned, "You want to fix everyone because you see a little bit of hope in everyone. I don't know if it's because you yourself changed from a monster to a noble man, but you want to help fix everyone. Some people just can't be fixed, they are flawed."

"I can help my family," Elijah muttered.

"You can't fix something that doesn't want to be fixed," Ragna replied, "Have a good night Elijah."

••••

Ragna stood off to a corner by herself as people gathered in small circles, chatting among themselves. Elijah was no talking to Elena Gilbert, who just got back from god knows what. Rebekah and Matt both walked in, Kol coming behind them looking angry. Ragna could only suspect Rebekah had a change of heart, maybe Kol was right, she really did fall in love with a human.

A women from the top of the staircase caught her eyes, she knew her from a long time ago, Esther, Klaus' mother. Behind her another Mikaelson brother stood, Finn. Ragna never liked him that much, he was always off, being mommy's little helper. Ragna pushed him off as a Norman Bates and wanted to steer clear from both of them. They gave her a weird vibe, the kind she felt when there was pending danger. She would normally tell Klaus, but he didn't want to hear what Ragna had to say about his mother and oldest brother. If they did try anything, Ragna knew she could easily take them on, and she would still fulfill her job as Klaus' protector. 

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen," Esther announced to the crowed, holding a glass of champagne, "Waiters are coming round with champagne. I invite you all to join me in raising a glass. It provides me with no greater joy than to see my family back together as one. I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening."

"What a load of shit." Kol snuck up beside Ragna holding two flutes of champagne, "My mother hated what she created."

"You don't believe her when she says she wants her family back together?" Ragna asked.

"I'd never believe my mother," Kol said, "Let alone trust her. I'd be careful Ragna, she knows of you, I'm surprised she didn't want to speak to you."

"Maybe because if she is up to something, I'd know," Ragna muttered.

"She wouldn't want that? Now would she?" Kol asked.

"Cheers," Esther said raising her glass. Everyone followed as they took the champagne.

"So, you think your mother is a lying wench?" Ragna asked.

"Spot on," Kol muttered, "Keep an eye on her will you?"

"How do you suppose I do that?" Ragna asked.

"Make yourself visible? I dunno?" Kol muttered.

"She'd still sense me," Ragna said. 

"Powers, Ragna! Have I taught you nothing?" Ragna sighed at the sound of Gullvig's voice.

"Who's that?" Kol asked with an approving smirk.

"Not in your lifetime," Gullvig rolled her eyes at him.

"Guess I'll have to die and come back," Kol smirked at her.

"Kol, this is Gullvig. Gullvig this is Kol," Ragna introduced them both.

"The powerful dark leader?" Kol asked.

"That's the one," Ragna replied.

"Can I offer the lady a drink?" Kol asked her.

Gullvig smirked, "Now, how am I suppose to pass that up?"

Ragna groaned as she watched the pair leave her alone once more. "I met as well become a nun and live in solitary," she muttered to herself.

"I don't think a nunnery would suit you Ragna," Klaus said joining her with two glasses of wine.

"Look who decided to show up," Ragna snapped, "Did you kill the poor girl or did she suddenly gain common sense?"

Klaus rolled his eyes at her, "You know Ragna, you really are a work for the ages."

"That means I'm a master piece," she shrugged with a small smirk.

"It means you are something," Klaus shot back. 

"So what happened to her?" Ragna asked him, "Still angry at you fro taking her boyfriend away and breaking them up? I's still be mad to."

Klaus glared at her, "You know that I don't need you right?"

Ragna raised an eyebrow at him, "Really? Because I think you do. You wouldn't be where you are today without me, Klaus."

"I don't need you Ragna, I never did. You were just a novelty item for me."

Ragna glared at him, "You messed up Klaus. I'm one of the most power creatures to walk the planet. You don't make enemies with me."

"I will make enemies with who ever I want, Ragna," Klaus growled, " And if you touch Caroline, I swear it will be the last thing you ever do."

Ragna glared at him, before storming away from him. She pushed past the people, past the concerned gazes coming from Kol and Gullvig. She was out of the Mikaelson house, she hoped for good.

••••

Ragna went to the one place that she knew sad, lonely people went to drink their sorrows and regrets away, the Mystic Grill.

She sat at the bar with a glass of the 'strongest' they had, swirling it around the cheap glass. Only one bartender worked, the bar was empty with only a few patrons, including Ragna. Matt, Rebekah's date was icing a very broken hand. It made Ragna wonder what happened to him, he must of had a run in with Kol.

Ragna got up her stool and over to the jukebox in the corner. "Surprised they still have them," a voice called over to her. 

Ragna turned around to see Damon Salvatore look her way, "Why so surprised she asked."

"Because they are outdated and old," Damon smirked, eyeing her up and down, "Where you at the Mikaelson place?"

Ragna nodded, "You were too?"

He nodded, "That's sadly how I spent my night."

"It wasn't much fun, was it?" Ragna asked, "I'd rather do a thousand of other things."

Damon smiled at her, "I never seen you around here. Are you new?"

Ragna nodded, "I'm not staying."

Damon frowned, "Shame. This town needs a pretty face around here."

Ragna blushed, "Maybe, I'll stay just for you."

Damon smirked at her, "Well put on some music, and get your ass over here. I'll order you a drink."

Ragna did as she was told and picked a song and joined the oldest Salvatore at the bar. "What do you want to drink?" he asked her.

Ragna shrugged and smiled, "Surprise me."

"Two bourbon's," Damon ordered.

Ragna couldn't help but keep the smile off of her face. The excitement consumed her alive, she was talking to the people in the bar, drinking with them. It was the most exciting thing she's done in her entire life, even if it was with the supposed enemy.

"Here," Damon said, handing her the ember liquid. Ragna studied it before taking a small sip. The alcohol burned her throat as it slip down her throat.

Her face scrunched up and she wanted to spit it out, but she didn't want to seem weak, so she swallowed it. Damon watched her the entire time with a smile playing on his lips.

"You've never drank before?" Damon asked with an amused expression.

Ragna vigorously shook her head, "No. I guess I never got the chance to do." 

"This should be fun," Damon smirked pushing her glass closer to her and reaching behind the bar for a bottle, "Drink up, we have a long night ahead of us."

••••

"You never told me your name," Damon said between kisses.

"Does it matter," Ragna asked as she ripped his shirt off of him.

"Guess not," Damon said as he attacked her lips once more. 

He picked her up, wrapping his arms under her legs. She wrapped her legs around his torso as he carried her upstairs to his room. 

Ragna had no thought of Klaus Mikaelson in her mind, she was too consumed with life and the opportunity she was given. She knew she was living the life she wanted to be living, and even if that monster deep down in her was nudging her, she was going to ignore it and live this life she dreamed of, one without Klaus breathing down her neck all the time. This was the best revenge she could think of, sleeping with the enemy, she knew it would hurt Klaus in every way possible, and that was her goal.

••••

RAGNA!!!! HOW COULD YOU!!

No but Klaus pissed her off and you don't want to piss of Ragna, he'll learn never to mess with her again. 

Damon is my second favorite character other than Klaus, so I don't hate him no matter what.

This is my favorite chapter and probably episode ever. Ragna met most of the Mikaelson siblings and hit it off with Rebekah and Kol (her and Kol are a lot alike) and she met Damon and a little more!

Till next time, enjoy, vote, comment, -Floyd

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465K 10.4K 51
When you think of Klaus Mikaelson, you think of the murderous Original hybrid; few don't and Violet is one of them. After saving her life in the 1920...
29K 755 44
"Behind every angel, there is a devil." Cassandra Mikaelson, daughter of the great Hybrid. She's been on the run for 500 years, avoiding the conseque...
52.5K 819 24
Book I of the Elizabeth Gerard Series "If one were to not know you, Elijah Mikaelson, one would say you are trying to woo me." "And what if I am?" ...
1.2M 24K 41
My name is Nathalia Mikaelson, i am the youngest out of the Mikaelson siblings . I am part of The Original family, the first and most feared vampire...