Wings of Destiny ❤

By FairySalvatore

He has been my protector, He has been shore to my sea, Now it's my turn, For him I shall challenge Destiny. A... More

Summary
Prelude
Prologue
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Haylien
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Freya
Haylien
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya.
Xander
Freya.
Xander
Leonard
Freya
Xander
Freya
Leonard
Xander
Freya
Xander
Leonard
Freya
Xander
Freya
Leonard
Xander
Freya
Xander
Important
Epilogue
Request

Xander

7.6K 494 55
By FairySalvatore

I was persistent,

She didn't know that,

If I wanted something,

That something I had.

Xander

Hugging her just helped me made up my mind. It was weird but amazingly weird. With her that close the hole, the uneasy feeling in my heart was gone. And I decided to give it a new approach. Keeping her away was not working for me, hurting her was even more disastrous.

So I decided to be around, close to her and it was working well..for me at least. She was still trying what she always did, ignore me. I started paying more attention to her now; she was undeniably kind and helpful. She smiled at almost everyone and her sweetness was infectious for people around.

And I had another realisation hit me, hard, she was incredibly, amazingly beautiful and she didn't give a shit about it. She had no ounce if makeup on her face and her eye bags were clear enough. But even with that, she managed to look serenely gorgeous.

Yeah, I agree I was losing sanity here but it was for my own good. Let me put it this way, she was like a memory in subconscious mind which troubled me too much and with her close I felt the relief as if I remember the thing I forgot, like lyrics to a tune.

She has been ignoring me like a plague when I told her that I knew she was the Fiona from the party. It was adorable to see her embarrassed. Shit Alexander, since when did you think that some girl is adorable?

"Ignoring me again, Fiore?" I sat down next to her in the library and she sighed in exasperation.

If only she was like other girls and was charmed by me.

If only you didn't hurt her like  gazillion times.

"Alexander, you annoy me. Do I need to make myself any more transparent than this?" She gave me a dry look.

It kind of bothered me how she hated my presence.

"Then let me make amends."

"I forgive you, okay. Happy now?" She said in a hurry almost making me angry at her attempt to get rid of me.

"You are not saying like you meant it."

"Like you give a shit. I know my forgiveness doesn't mean anything and all you want to do is annoy me to my breaking point." She snapped at me.

"I like your eyes Freya, they are like molten chocolate." It happened suddenly, my mind just sent the signal to my tongue as I stared into those brown eyes.

"What?" She looked at me like I was insane but her blush was what had me smiling.

"What are you doing after your shift at Barney's?" I asked her annoying her even more.

"Trying to find ways to get rid of you." She murmured to herself.

"It will be a wild goose chase for you then."

I gave her my smirk that made most girls swoon but she glared at me instead.

She is one of a kind.

"If you are free, help me with Math." I tried to think of an excuse.

Lame Alexander, you made excuses to run away from girls not to spend time with them.

She was making me work for it.

"You are in AP Calculus Alexander." She gave me a pointed look and I realised my mistake.

I racked my brain for something that I needed help for. This was the only way I could get her to be around me, make her see that I actually wanted her to stay.

"You were almost nice to me during the dance Freya."

"So were you Alexander."

This was going nowhere, she doesn't talk to me.

"How can you even concentrate on reading a shitty book when I am here." I sounded whiny even to myself.

"Because Alexander Comhan , it is more interesting than you. Now, please. Just. Go." She really didn't like having me around.

I wanted to change that, desperately. My impulsive and bad nature brought this upon me.

She closed her book with a thud and got up. Without even thinking my hand reached to stop her. And suddenly like a memory or a dream, I saw her crying , miserably. She was hugging a guy and I felt my blood boiling. I let her hand go and looked at her with a question.

But she just pulled herself away from me and started walking.

What was wrong with me?

If she wanted out, I should just let her go. I should not be clingy, I am never desperate when it came to girls. But something just made me want to protect her, want to be around her, want to make her realise that I was stupid for hurting her. Now come to think of it, bullying her was the only thing I feel guilty of.

"Freya, wait." I followed her with quick steps.

"What now Alexander?"

What should I say, Freya help me to fill that vacuum in my heart, help me to heal from something that I didn't even know I had till you came along.

"Help me read." I finally say my reason out loud.

"Is this supposed to be funny?" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"I mean I see how you love reading and I hate it."

Her eyes widened in shock as If I just did the biggest crime in the universe.

"How can you hate reading? It is...like living in another world right in our hands." She put it in the most appealing way.

At least this got her attention.

"That is what I am asking. I want to see how you can bury yourself in these pages without anyone holding a gun to your head." She rolled her eyes at my statement.

She was Freya Morenson, she was the super helpful girl. It felt kind of crazy but right now it was my best shot.

"Fine. I will suggest you some books then." Again, this was not going my way.

"No, I can't read them. I already have a personal library but I never read anyway." I said dryly.

"You have your own personal library?" Her eyes sparkled with excitement.

Finally , I hit a right nerve.

"read a story to me, if I find it interesting that I will read it with you." I offered her a deal.

"What is in it for me?" She gave a predictable reaction.

She wanted to see my library, my mom's library so this is what I will give her.

"A free pass to my personal library." I gave her a sly smile celebrating my almost success.

The confliction was clear in her eyes and she chewed her bottom lips lightly sending an unfamiliar yet not so strange feeling in my heart.

"Fine, I will help" She muttered and my mind yelled a yes.

"See you tomorrow then, Fiore." The nickname use made her glare at me.

But before leaving I pulled her in for a hug, just because It felt right and amazing and warm.

As I pulled back, she was blushing and was in a state of trance to react.

"Don't you ever get tired of helping?" I teased her and her trance broke.

It was kind of lame and goody too shoes on her part to be so kind.

"I might get tired now." And her look was clearly accusing me.

Damn those brown eyes.

___________________

Yeah, so this  the late update. By like a day.

I am suffering from 102 F fever and burning sick, hence the delay. So if this chapters turned out kind of not good, apologies.

Please do vote... :)

Mini reminded for #fictionawards2016, please nominate my work if you like.

And also thanks to those who did, it means the world to me.

Off to sleep like a zombie now will lot of pills :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82 16 7
In the ethereal realms beyond mortal perception, a guardian angel named Sylas was assigned a sacred duty just like all other guardian angels- to watc...
596K 18K 50
All she ever wanted was someone who can love her, understand her and respect her but destiny has something else stored. All her life she prayed for o...
163 22 41
This is a story when two opposite people a boy who's called Jamie and a girl who's called Emily like two different magnets drawing closer together a...
467 73 88
The world had long since been damaged. The ancient gods saw to that, when they unwittingly created the curse. Now the world crumbles while the purple...