I've Returned

By edoan23

*Please Read The First Book Of The Series Because It Tells How Everything Begins* [Book 2] Series of Gods Li... More

I've Returned
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15-The Ball-Part 2
Chapter 16-Shifting for the first time
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28-Taken and Killed Part 1
Chapter 29-Taken and Killed Part 2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
The Battle-Chapter 37
The End-Chapter 38
EPILOGUE
Note!!!

Chapter 14-The Ball-Part 1

9K 372 74
By edoan23

Light*

I watched as Lucas came in with more news about warlocks, werewolves, and humans that have died. Tonight's the ball and I'm getting nervous. Last night I met my mate, and I still can't believe I left him alone, but I knew that his parents are near and I had to leave. "Your highness, I was wondering if I can stay here and not go to the ball." I looked at him shocked. "Why not?" I asked standing from my throne. He looked away, clearly upset with something. "Lucas, tell me what's been bugging you? You been avoiding me all day."

"I'm just getting nervous your highness, for the ball." he said to me. "Lucas, that can't be the reason." I said placing my hands on my hips. "I'm just nervous because I get to meet your mate and see what he looks like. Soon, I have to obey him like I do to you." He was right though. "Sorry Lucas if I forced you to answer that. I thought something else was bothering you. Please forgive my rudeness." I said bowing my head a little. He nodded, but didn't say anything else.

I watched him leave, I felt like my heart was telling me something. I shook off the feeling and sat back down. I wonder who my mates parents are, I wonder if they will like me. I pressed my lips into a thin line, feeling depressed for my mates touch. I want to feel the sparks, the love in his eyes. Only five hours till the ball. Time to meet my mate again and....seeing my old family.

Hope*

I watched mom as she fixed my bow on my tuxedo. Tonight's the ball, and I'm nervous. Since last night, I've been anxious to see the girl in the black cloak again. Her voice brung shivers down my spine. I haven't seen Michelle for two days, I've been worried about her, but not as much as I kept thinking of the girl. I haven't told mom or dad about what happen last night, even though they kept asking question.

"Your going to look handsome for Michelle." Mom said as she pressed her warm hands on my cheeks. "Ya, I know." I said a little disappointed. I have a bad and good feeling about tonight, I don't know what it is, but I have a feeling that something's going to happen to me. Lately my chest been hurting, by my tattoo. It's been stinging all morning, I took pain killers earlier, but didn't help at all. I'm still surprised that tomorrow is my birthday, 18 is a big number for me. I wonder what I'm going to do on my birthday.

"Sam, where-." Dad came into the room and stopped as he saw mom. I looked away quickly. "Yes Zach?" mom said with a blush. Dad growled and came to her side. "You look lovely, beautiful, and gorgeous." Mom smiled and looked away. Dad looked at me and smiled. We almost looked the same, but I'm wearing a white suit and black under as dad is the opposite, black suit with white under it. "Wow! Your going to make Michelle fall head over heels for you." Dad said smiling. I smiled a little, but it was fake. I haven't told them that I can't feel our sparks like I used to.

"Come on, everyone is ready for the ball." Dad said holding his arm out and mom took it. I walked behind them as we slowly made our way down. Everyone was there, even my dads beta which he was on his anniversary with his mate. Tim came to dads side and smiled. "Hello Zach." Tim said as dad hugged him, it was weird seeing them hug each other. His mate Marissa, who smiled at dad while she hold her five year old that won't stop squirming in her arms. "Hello Tim Marissa, how was your anniversary?" Dad asked politely. "It was lovely, going to Hawaii was the perfect place for our anniversary." Marissa said as her son Peter laughed. Marissa kissed her sons head as Tim agreed. "It was great."

Max and Mavis came in with huge smiles on their faces. Mavis wore a purple dress dress with her hair in a bun while tiny curls fell from it. Max was in his tuxedo, with his hair back like my dads. Lilly came in with her husband Luke at her side. She wore a black dress that flows to her feet, with her red hair in curls. Then I saw the person I really didn't want to see. Michelle appeared at my side wearing a dark blue dress that flows down and behind her a little. She smiled at me and leaned into my side. I felt like I was betraying someone, my heart was telling me to push her away.

We walked out of the house and into the cars that was waiting for us. I sat down and the burning came again. I grunted in pain, but hoped no one heard it, but with werewolves all around you, you know they heard it. Dad turned to me with a worry look. "You alright?" I nodded watching his face worry, but shrugged it off. I looked outside my window, seeing nothing but trees as we pass by. I wonder if something is going to happen to me, I can just feel it in my bones.

Light*

I looked at myself in the mirror, checking if I look good for my mate. My hair was curled to the side, where my lips were a pale color of pink. I'm wearing a strapless red dress, the front of my chest cuts open showing a little cleavage, just for my mate. I've decided that I'm not going to wear my cloak, but a red mask. It makes me look mysterious. I jumped when a knock appeared at my door. "Enter!" I yelled as I quickly stepped to the side, behind a door so Lucas won't see me. "Your highness?" he questioned as I heard him step into my room. I closed my eyes then came out of hiding.

My mouth fell to the floor at what I saw. Lucas stood there in a tuxedo, his hair pinned back, but failed a little because some of his hair came back in front of his eyes. What stops me is the mask that he is wearing. Black feathers on each side, which is holding his hair back a little, and the mask brings out his eyes. He stared at me, looked up and down, then looked back up at me. "Wow! You look beautiful your highness." he said bowing his head at me, but didn't break eye contact. I blushed a little. I grabbed my mask off the bed and placed it on my face. I looked up to see Lucas smiling. "Is it on right?" I asked as I moved it a little. "Well, it was perfect at first. Here." he said as he grabbed it and replaced it carefully on my face. He stepped back and grinned. I turned and smiled at my reflection.

"You ready?" he asked holding his arm out for me. I nodded and gladly took it. We walked down the hallway, passing every picture, even Etros. "So Lucas, what made you decide to go to the ball with me." I asked eyeing him. He turned to me, gently smiled. "Well, it's my duty to watch over you. And I must meet your mate." he said slowly. I just nodded, even though I can tell he was lying. We walked out of the castle, I stopped when I saw Odin hooked up to a carriage, I was surprised. "You know people will suspect that Odin is a robot, not a real horse." I stated to him as I walk to Odin and patted his metal neck. Odin made a sound like cling-cling, which made me laugh a little because he was purring, well I hope it was a purr.

"Well, when we get to Alaska. I'll use my special power to transform Odin into a real horse." Lucas said coming to my side. I turned to him, he still had his mask on like I do. "I'm glad your coming Lucas." I said bringing a hand to his cheek. He grabbed my hand from his cheek and kissed it lightly. "We must go your highness, your mate is waiting." he said. His words brung nervousness to me because of tonight. I will meet my mate again, just maybe my old family.

Hope*

We walked up the steps, meeting two guards in black uniforms. "Halt! You guys have invitation?" A man said as he stepped out from the shallows. "Yes." dad said handing him his invitation. The man looked over it, and nodded. "Welcome, Alpha of the Light Pack." The man said as he stepped back and opened the two giant doors. As we came in, music was heard and laughter. I looked to my right, seeing other packs from other country's. Wow!

I thought it was a joke when we got the letter from the Elders saying all werewolves, warlocks, and maybe other creatures were coming. I couldn't see where we were, or where we are going to sit at, to crowded. Dad turned around and calm everyone down. "Now, you have a choice if you want to go somewhere else or you can come with me." dad said looking at everyone. I heard a few people say they were going to explore and meet new people, while the others are coming with us.

We moved our way through the crowd before we finally found a table where we can sit at. I sat down by mom where Michelle sat next to me, but closer. I looked at her, she leaned in and kissed my lips. Her lips were no longer soft, no sparks flew like most mates have. I wonder if she feels the sparks? "Michelle." I said turning my body so I was looking at her. "Yes Hope." she said to me while scooting closer to me. "Do you feel sparks when you touch me?" I asked slowly. She seemed surprised, but nodded. "Of course I do. Your my mate." Something in her words, made me angry. I ignored the feeling and just nodded, even though I wanted to say, 'I don't feel them'.

I watched people dance, watching as the men twirled their own mates around. Dad stood up and held his hand out to mom. Mom looked at him, I saw a blush appear on her cheeks. "My lady, would you care to dance with me." dad asked smiling. Mom nodded and stood up. I watched as dad brung her onto the dance floor, then wrapped his hands around her waist, then slowly moved from left to right. I sighed slowly, why can I asked Michelle to dance. Oh ya, I don't feel sparks and I just want to get away from her. I turned to Lilly who smiled, and hugged her children. I got up and went to Lilly's side. Lilly turned to me and smiled. I looked at Mavis who giggled as I held my hand out to her. "May I ask for this dance young one." I said in a British accent. She laughed while nodding, then jumped off her mothers lap and grabbed my hand. We walk out onto the dance floor, I picked her up, and started dancing.

She laughed as I twirled around to the music that I knew right away, The Dance by Doug Hammer. Mavis put her head on my shoulder, and relaxed as I slowly danced away. She cuddled deeper into my neck and stayed like that till I felt a pull on my pants. Me and Mavis looked down to see her brother. "Can I dance with my sister?" he asked shyly. I looked at Mavis seeing her smile evilly. "Sorry brother, but I'm dancing with someone else." Mavis said to Max. Maxes face fell and slowly walked away. "Max! I was just kidding, I would love to dance with my you." she said while I put her down where she grabbed his hand and started dancing with him. I smiled and stood back. "Can I have this dance?" I turned around to Michelle who held her hand out. I stare at it, not sure if I should. I gave a short nod, and pulled her to me. She blushed, and laid her head on my shoulder as we continued to listen to the song. I was betraying someone, deep down I knew something was wrong, but why do I give in so easily.

Suddenly, the two giant doors open again where a scent hit me. Roses, peaches, and a little of salt, like someone was just near the ocean. I felt Michelle stop dancing, while looking towards the doors that were open. I couldn't see who was at the door, is it someone important because everyone was looking in that direction. I felt Michelle tighten her hold on my arm as everyone started to apart. I stepped back and let everyone else back away.

So many people were in front of us, then I realized I lost sight of the twins. I let go of Michelle, and pushed people away so I can find the twins. I stopped when I made it in front of everyone. There stood a girl so beautiful, that my heart skipped a bit. She had pink hair, wearing a red dress that fitted her perfectly, while showing a little to much cleavage for my liken. She wore a mask that covered most of her face, but she didn't look at me so I couldn't see her eyes. I felt the sting disappear suddenly which made me breath better, what happened to the sting?

Then a man came to her side, he whispered in her ear which made me angry. What is this feeling? The girl smiled and looked around, but for an odd reason I didn't want her to look my way. I stepped back and let the other people come in front of me. "Please, continue with the music." I gasped at her voice, so older and beautiful. It sent shivers down my spine. Can it be that this girl is my second mate because her voice brings shivers down my spine. Soon music started to play again and people started to dance once again.

I went back to my table to see dad sitting down with a puzzle look. "You ok dad?" I asked sitting down. He looked at me, nodded slowly, but his look worried me. I turned to Lilly who had her kids in her lap. She looked at me with a smile, but I could tell that something was bothering her. I turned back to the people that were dancing to New Light by Michele McLaughlin. I looked up to see the girl sitting with the Elders with the blonde man by her side. He was like a body guard, maybe he was. Michelle appeared in front of me. "There you are, when you vanished I thought you were taken by the crowd." she said laughing. I looked away, I want her to leave me alone. She pulled my face back towards hers and leaned in, but I pushed her away. "No!" I said with seriousness. She looked at me angry, then her eyes flashed red. I gasped and stood up. Her eyes turn back to blue, but I could still see red in them. "Hope, are you ok?" she said holding her hand out to me, but stopped when a ringing sound came from her purse that was on the table. She reached her purse, but her eye was on me while she answered it. "Excuse me Hope." she said as she left somewhere.

I looked up and suddenly my breath stopped. There stood the girl, wearing her mask and I could see her eyes. Blueish green eyes, so beautiful. "Hello, I see your girlfriend has disappeared on you." she said looking in the direction where Michelle went to. I nodded slowly, then a throat cleared behind me. I turned around to Michelle with an anger look. She grabbed my hand, feeling nothing.

"I'm his mate." Michelle said with disgust towards her. I pulled my hand away from her and held my hand towards the girl in the red mask. "I'm Ho-." she irrupted me by holding her hand up. "I know your name dear one." she said smiling. I just realized she had black gloves on, why haven't I seen that before. "How do you know me?" I asked her. She smiled and turned back around to the man in the black mask. He looked at me, I stiffened because his look was so cold. The girl touched his arm making him look at her. She gave him a gentle smile, then leaned up in his ear. I watched as the man in the black mask nodded at her and walked away. The girl turned back to me, she smiled, but her smile faded away. I watched her eyes darted behind me, then back at me. She bowed her head a little and backed away.

I turned around to see dad there. "Who was that?" he asked as he stood next to me. "Don't know. She didn't introduced herself." I said to him. "If you haven't notice, your mate is giving you 'the look'." dad said turning his head a little. I did the same, seeing Michelle looking at me with anger in her eyes. I looked away quickly, not wanting to see her eyes. Another song played, Without You by The Piano Guys. I closed my eyes, feeling a cold sensation around me. It felt nice, but it was getting to cold. I shivered then breathed out seeing my breath in smokes. What the heck! I turned to dad seeing him looking at me worriedly. I stumbled my way to my chair, then sneezed. All of a sudden warmth spread over me as I felt someone near me.

I sighed as the coldness disappeared. What just happened? I turned to see the girl in the mask, her face was full of worry. "Is he ok?" she asked my dad as she came to my side. I looked at dad who was looking at her. "I don't know. All of a sudden he just started to get cold." dad said looking back at me. I watched as Michelle pushed the girl in the mask away from me. "Stay away from my mate!" Michelle yelled as she growled, but the masked girl didn't even flinch by her growl. Michelle stepped forward trying to make the girl submit to her, but the masked girl only smiled. The masked girl turned to me, her eyes shown amusement as Michelle tried to make her step back.

The masked girl looked back at Michelle, she stepped forward making Michelle step back, but she regain herself and stepped forward again. "Have a good one." The masked girl said as she walked around Michelle, but not looking at her in the eye. The masked girl face turned into a frown, but turned around and walked away once again. I went back to my seat and looked at dad that had this look. I shook it off and grabbed my glass of water. I took a sip, and closed my eyes, relaxed as the cold liquid went down my throat. Michelle grabbed her phone and texted on it, before she put it back in her purse.

Then all of a sudden gun fire was heard. I jumped with everyone else as the two giant doors blew open. Men came in with guns, swords, and sticks that I realized warlocks used. I guess they were hunters maybe rogues as well. "ALRIGHT EVERYONE, LISTEN UP! WE ARE HERE FOR ONE REASON ONLY. DEATH!" The man said as he walked forward making everyone step back. I turned to the Elders that was looking at the man with hatred. I looked up seeing black birds, and red eyes.

Growls appeared from the werewolves all around us. Dad got up and stand with all the other werewolves that stepped out to perfect what's theirs. "We are stronger than you hunters. We can kill you easily." An elder said as he stood up from his chair. The man laughed while looking behind him. The man stepped back making way as a man appeared in a black cloak. "If you haven't notice. You are actually surrounded by us." The man said laughing a little.

I was confused, what does he mean? Then next thing I know I was on the ground. I looked up surprised to see Michelle there with a smirk. "Well, is this a surprise." she said cocking her head to the side. I looked around seeing other people on the ground by there own pack members or warlocks that betrayed their kind. Dad shifted and jumped for Michelle, but she was quick and kicked him to the side. "Dad!" I yelled as I tried to get to him, but I was pushed back down. "Whoa there human boy. You don't want to die just yet." she said smiling evilly. "Now Elders, what were you saying about we were out numbered."

One of the elders shifted, while the other two got ready for an attack. The man laughed and turned in our direction. "Bring the boy." Michelle grabbed my arm and pulled me forward. I looked up at the man that I was going to. "No!" I heard mom said while shifting and running towards us.

Michelle pushed me forward, then pulled out a dagger. My eyes widen with fear as mom jumped forward making Michelle smirk. "Mom!" I said before it was too late. What stopped me is when someone came out of nowhere and pushed Michelle away from my mother, then pushed Michelle away. My eyes widen when I knew who it was. It was the girl that saved me last night by the hunters. "Who the hell are you?" A man said somewhere. The girl chuckled and spoke dangerously. "Your worse fear."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>£

I hope u enjoyed and sorry for the long update. It took a week to do this. I hope you liked it. Lightning's dress is on my profile picture and cover of the book. Also The music to New Light is on the side with a picture of Michelle's dress.

Comment
Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337 28 14
My name is Ayla and this is my story. I make a bee line in the direction of the smell, running, trying to get to him. I accidentally run into somet...
147K 4.6K 25
Hey guys this book is now completed and there is a sequel posted. Hope you guys like it!!!! This is about an omega who gets abused and rejected by he...
18 4 1
DISCLAIMER: THIS BOOK CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR BOOK TWO OF THE PANDORA SERIES. ADDITIONALLY, SOME EXPLAINATIONS ARE NONCANON. CONTAINS VIOLENCE AND DEPI...
107 1 17
How can the two opposing forces survive when they both want to be the dragon? How much will one have to shrink in size before the curse is finally b...