Enticing (Harry Styles AU) #W...

By NatalyCanez

They were like Romeo and Juliet; fated to fall in love or maybe...just fated to fall. Cover made by: @JonasKr... More

Introduction/ Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
*The Fanfiction Awards 2016*
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Important Questions!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Playlist and Song Suggestions
Thoughts and Important Info
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
I Need To Say This
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Intermission
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
The End
The Fanfiction Awards 2018
BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT!

Chapter 37

3.8K 138 81
By NatalyCanez

Playlist:
Masquerade- The Fosters Cast
The Cheek Of Night- Romeo and Juliet 2013 soundtrack

Ryder's POV

On the car ride to the event my mind suddenly remembers about the text message I received this morning, and remembered that I was going to call Harry and tell him about it. But, I left my phone at home.

"Hey, Shawn?" I mutter leaning forward, placing my hand on the back of his seat.

"Hmm?" Shawn hums, keeping his focus on the road.

"Can I borrow your phone to call Harry? I left mine at home."

"Oh, I would let you babe but I left mine at home too since there is really no need in having them at the event."

"Oh, okay." I nod, leaning back in my seat.

Guess, I'll call him later.

"Okay, we are here." Hannah beams as Shawn manages to find a parking space close to the venue.

Hannah turns to us after unbuckling her seatbelt and hands Katie and I each a mask that matches our dresses.

"Are Gavin and Michael coming?" I ask Katie as I place on my mask.

She nods. "Yeah, Michael is going to pick Gavin up before they head over here."

"Okay, ladies. Time to go." Shawn says shutting off the car before opening his car door.

The venue was in a nearby hotel in a beautiful vast room where people would normal rent out for weddings. The flooring was a beautiful creamy polished tile, on the far wall of the room was a small stage where the sound system was place and right across on the other side of the stage was a small podium with a built in mic. The middle off the room was left empty with beautiful crystal chandeliers hanging right above,  while the  edges of the room were filled with decorated tables for the guests.

"Come on, our table is this way." Hannah says waving us to follow her into the room.

"Hannah, at what time is the dance supposed to be?" I ask.

"Around halfway through the party." She replies. "Why are you nervous?"

"Not as much as Shawn." I joke as we all reach our table. I turn to him, and despite through his mask I could tell he was a scowling at me.

"Jerk." Shawn replies before sticking his tongue out at me.

Soon the guests finally started to arrive, I got tired of sitting so I stood a bit further away from our table.

"Ryder look, the boys are here." Katie says touching my elbow. I turn my head to the entrance and see them walking towards us.

"Hey guys." I smile at them as Gavin leaned in to hug me while Michael moved to say hi to his girl.

"You look very dashing." I smile up at Gavin, looking into his eyes through his grey mask.

"Thank you." He smiles. "You look beautiful as well."

"That's right, she does." I turn my attention behind Gavin and see my father with Martha at his side. The smile on my face quickly turns into a frown as I look nervously over up at Gavin.

"Do you want to treat me to a dance?" I ask him, ignoring my father's stare as he came to a stand beside Gavin.

He nods, holding his hand out for me and I thankfully reach for it. As I was about to walk away my father gently reached out to hold onto my elbow.

"Ryder I-"

"Leave me alone." I glare at him, before jerking my arm out of his grip. I see Gavin give my father an apologetic smile before tugging me to the dance floor where the music has already begun.

"So you still aren't speaking?" Gavin asks, as he gently leads us into a slow dance.

I shake my head. "Not for the reasons you think."

"Why then?"

"He placed a restraining order against my boyfriend." I mutter, rolling my eyes.

"Evan?"

"No, Harry."

He blinks. "The guy you have been hanging out with?"

"Yeah." I nod.

"He's your boyfriend?" He asks, a bit sad and I frown.

"Yeah, well... just recently." I mutter. "Why?"

He shakes his head and I can't help but feel a slight tension lingering in the air between us.

"It doesn't matter anyways." I shrug."My dad made it impossible for us to see each other."

"You'll see him soon. Have faith."
He smiles making me smile right back.

Shawn's POV

"You know just because you are sitting here and waiting for her to finish her dance with Gavin doesn't mean she is going to talk to you." I grumble at my dad who is sitting beside me,as I watch my sister dancing with the small crowd on the dance floor.

Hannah held my hand in both of hers on my lap, gently rubbing her thumb over the back of my hand to ease my anger.

"Why couldn't Ryder go for a guy like Gavin?" He ask, saying his thoughts annoyingly out loud.

I roll my eyes. "She did, but now you made it impossible for them to be together."

"Harry is nothing like Gavin."  He counters. I turn my head to look at my dad and he is glaring at me.

"No you're right." I nod. "Harry is better, and I don't mean to say it as an offense towards Gavin."

"Harry is better because despite of the fucked up things he has done, and who and where he comes from, he has the balls to change and be there for my sister and accepts that he isn't perfect but is trying to be for her sake." I hiss.

"He loves her dad and just because you have this narcissistic, barbaric idea that Harry can't make her happy you are dead wrong." I say standing up from my chair. "Now, if you'll excuse me I have a call to make."

Ryder's POV

After the meal was served I stood off to the side of the table with my hands behind my back looking out at the people occupying the capacity of the room. I honestly can't believe so many people showed up, and I guess it does help that Hannah invited a few important people from the company.

"Um, excuse me?" Hannah's voice echoes through the sound system. We all turns our heads to the stage, as the music died down, seeing her standing tall and radiant behind the wooden podium in her light blue gown.

"Thank you all so much for coming and donating your money to a wonderful cause. Now as a thank you for all of your support, we decided to put something together so please clear the dance floor; sit back, relax and enjoy." She says with a warm smile.

I turn my attention over to Shawn at the table but he wasn't there. My eyes scan the crowd as I see him making his way over to Hannah to help her off the stage as the other guests proceed to move off the dance floor. Hannah waves her hand at me, beaconing me to come over.

Okay Ryder, smile. You can do this.

Gathering my wits, I let out a small sigh and make my way over to the dance floor, joining the other pairs that we're starting to gather around. I look down at my feet while smoothing out my dress as we all stood in the middle of the dance floor. The girls stood in a line on one side while the boys stood on the other.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen let the dance begin." I hear Shawn's voice speak through the mic as the music faintly started as I bowed down into a curtsy.

What? Then who the hell am I dancing with?

Continuing the steps as practiced I straighten back up and my eyes meet a pair of sparkling emerald piercing through a black mask. I hitch in a breath as my eyes widen while Harry gives me a lopsided grin.

"Harry?" I breath. He winks at me, taking a step towards me, raising his hand up as I do the side with my opposite hand before stepping back and doing the same with the other.

"What are you doing here?" I breath and I can't help but sound out the relief that I felt inside in my voice.

"Dancing." He smiles making my heart suddenly pick up it's pace.

"But my father-

"I know, just keep on dancing love." He says, raising his hand up as I do with mine, keeping a small space between them as we slowly walk in a circle, his other hand folded behind his back.

I listen to his words and decide that this moment isn't the time for question. I should just enjoy this moment with him here at my side, I can worry what I have to worry about later.

(A/N: I placed two pictures so you know what I'm describing. And I know the suit was actually blue but I'm making it black ;) )

Looking into his beautiful eyes, I continue to dance with him and let myself take in his sculpture features; and it's now I notice that his hair is no longer the same length that it was before. It was now much shorter but still long, swooped back into a wave off his forehead. Harry was dressed in all black, and polished shoes to match. His black suit jacket didn't have a collar but instead it had a sewn swirly embroidery running along the sides of his open suit, around his neck and sleeves with it's thick cuffs closed together by four silver buttons on each one.

Damn, I don't think dashing is an enough of a strong word to describe how he appears to me right now.

Shawn's POV

"Hey kid, aren't you supposed to be dancing with Ryder?" Dad asks,as Hannah and I walk back to the table.

"No." I answer nonchalantly, not bothering to hide my wicked and triumph smile while I pull back Hannah's chair so she could sit down.

"Why not?" My mom asks, looking up at me sitting on the other side of Hannah, holding her champagne flute in her hand.

"Because she has a more eligible dance partner." I reply back and turn my head to look at my dad who was sitting in his chair, next to mine, looking out towards the dance floor.

"No. What the hell is he doing here?" He scowls, pushing himself off of the chair but before he could step away from the table I roughly grab his arm and pull him back.

"Don't you dare." I warn, glaring at him, before my eyes scan around our surroundings to see if anyone was looking.

"Was this you're doing?" He asks, appalled.

"Yes." I nod. "And I will not let you ruin this. Besides, we are at a party, a charity to be exact and-"

"I don't care." He shakes his head, moving to step away from me. "I'm arresting him, he-"

"No you're not!" I hiss, pulling him back, my eyes looking back at the people around us. "I am not going to let you ruin this wonderful evening with your selfish ego. Besides, you can't arrest him."

"Why not?" He snaps.

I smile, looking back at him. "Because he is no longer on the restraining order."

"What?"

"My lawyer gave me the call this morning." I smirk, releasing his arm. "I told you I would find a way, so don't act surprise."

My dad shakes his head at me. "How could you do this?"

"How could you?" I repeat. "You are Ryder's father and yet you are the one that has been causing her most of her pain."

"Now if you don't like it then you can leave." I shrug before finally turning back around and taking a seat beside my lovely girl, before looking up seeing Harry pulling Ryder against his chest as the song picked up.

Ryder's POV

"How do you even know the dance?" I ask, looking up at Harry, while he waltz us around the floor. 

"I've spent the last few days learning it with your brother and no offense but he does have two left feet." He smiles making me giggle.

"I have missed you so much."

"There will be no need of that anymore."

"Why not?" I ask, furrowing my brows.

"Because Shawn managed to get me off the restraining order." He replies, his eyes twinkling with happiness.

"What?" I gasp.

He nods. "It became official this morning. We can be together now. I'm free." He grins.

I hitch in a sharp breath and immediately press my lips to his making our dancing come to a stop. I didn't care that we are right in the middle and probably ruining the dance routine, nothing else matters to me at the moment. I have missed Harry so much and the fact that everyone may be watching us doesn't bother me at all.

I remove my hand from his and from his shoulder, gently placing them on the sides of his face, kissing him gently yet passionately. I flutter my eyes open, pulling away from him as the audience broke into an applause while the music slowly died down.

"I love you." I mutter, and I wasn't sure if he could hear me by the noise but he didn't have to, he knew what I had said as a wide grin spread across his face.

"I love you too." He replies, barely hearing him.

I bite on my lower lip smiling up at him and stand on my toes reaching up to kiss him once more. However ,our lips were just a inch apart when Harry was roughly turned around before hit straight in the jaw.

My eyes widen as I look up at my dad, his mask already off his face, as he grabbed Harry by the front of his shirt before shoving him onto the floor making the crowd gasp.

"Dad what are you doing!" I gasp, taking a step back, watching in horror as my dad hovered over Harry punching him again.

"Dad, stop it!" I plea as Harry managed to place his arms between them, shoving my dad off before hovering over him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Shawn demands as he lifts Harry off of my dad before letting him go.

Reaching out I grab Harry's hand tugging him to me, quickly pulling his mask up his head, before looking at the blood running down the side of his mouth.

"Are you out of your mind?" Shawn scowls at my dad who was already off the floor, angrily adjusting his suit jacket on his shoulders. I look briefly away from him to the people around us, who were staring with wide eyes and whispering towards each other.

"Are you okay?" I ask, Harry swiping  my thumb across his cheek.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He nods. "It was just a punch."

"You're lucky that's all I managed to get." My dad remarks.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I hiss, glaring at my dad. "Why did you hit Harry?"

"Because I am not going to let him put you in danger!" He yells back at me, gesturing towards Harry.

Suddenly, an alarm went of through the speakers of the hotel followed by a voice.

"This is a code blue, ladies and gentlemen. Code blue. This is not a drill."

I watch as a frown formed on Harry's face as his arm wrapped around my waist.

"What's a code blue?" I ask him, but before he could answer my dad interjected.

"See, what you did?" My dad scowls accusingly over at Harry.

"I didn't do shit so shut the hell up!" Harry bites back. "You are just angry about what Nathan did and now you're angry at me for it."

Nathan? Who's Nathan?

"Okay, ladies and gentleman we have to place this room under lockdown immediately." One of the worker announced through the mic and quickly everyone began to scuttle around.

"What's a code blue?" I ask, Harry once more, my voice laced with anxiety.

"Someone was seen with a gun in the building."

I swallow, chills running down my spine and Harry quickly senses my fear and pulls me closer to him. My eyes flicker over to Shawn who immediately walks away from us rushing over to our table toward Hannah; weaving around the guest. I grab Harry's hand and follow him.

"What do we do now?" I ask.

"We can't do anything, baby. We just wait." He replies. "We just have to get all of the doors locked."

I turn and see one of the employees dressed in a red uniform rushing over to close one pair of the double doors but before he could a loud bang ran through the air and the man fell to the floor, taking me a few seconds to register that he just got shot. The crowd screamed and ducked behind their tables and chairs as Harry immediately pushed me down by my shoulders to hide behind the table as he did the same beside me. I turn my head looking anxiously over at Katie, Michael and Gavin.

Peeking over the top of the table I see a man dressed in a grey suit, wearing a mask holding a gun in the air standing by the opened double doors a few feet away.

"Closing the doors on me and my friends?" The man asks, looking over at the employee laying in a pool of blood, as a few more people with masks stepped through the doors. "Now that's not a way to treat the guests."

I turn my head and look at Harry, he looks down at me and frowns.

Harry's POV

I frown at Ryder's frightened and worried expression and I can't help but feel guilty even though this is not even my fault.

"Why didn't I get an invitation?" The same guys asks but before I could listen more of what he is saying. I hear someone 'psst' at me.

I turn my head and see James hiding behind the table beside us. My eyes flicker down at his hand seeing him hiding his gun, before they flicker to the other as he placed another gun on the floor.

Did he really bring his guns?

I scowl at him and he gives me a 'don't ask why just take the gun' look. I nod at him before he gently slides the gun over to me.

"What are you doing?" Ryder asks, as I quietly pick the gun off the floor.

"Just stay here with Shawn." I whisper, ignoring her question. I briefly look over my shoulder at Shawn, who looks at me then over at his dad before nodding. Taking the safety off the gun, I carefully lookout from the table to see how many unsubs were in the room. I counted two at the double doors and another with the man that was speaking.

Looking at James, I raise my hand up telling him we should each take one from the far doors. He nods and adjusts his kneeling position as I do the same, placing both hands on the gun, hovering my pointer finger over the trigger.

"Move over to Shawn." I whisper to Ryder and she carefully does. Once she was carefully behind him I look back at James, facing my back towards them.

"One...two..." He mouths. "Three."
Quickly I peek through the side of the table, aiming my gun at the unsub on the left while James took the one on the right, both shots firing at the same time causing their bodies to stagger back before immediately dropping  to the floor. The crowd screams in panic as both of us hide back behind the tables.

Two down, two to go.

Author's Note:
Hey beautifuls! How are all of you doing?!

Here is another update for you all, I hope you liked it. What did you think about Shawn fighting with his dad? What did you think of Harry being free once more? What do you think will happen next?

Please leave your thoughts down below and please don't forget to check out my Instagram and Twitter: stylesx_angel
If you do come and say hi and tell me where you are from:) To those who don't have social media please comment where you are from, how your day has been and what you are doing :)

Love you all!!! Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 13.9K 93
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
63.7K 2.4K 34
γ€ŽβFree! x Male Reader Insertβžγ€ ‒ʙᴏᴏᴋ πŸ·β€’ M/n L/n quit swimming because of an event that happened during his childhood. He's tempted to join the Iwato...
82.1K 2.5K 82
(Completed) Moving to a new place might seem fun. But when you are moving to a different country plus twin boys who live next door look exactly like...
1.8M 73.6K 71
"@Ashton5SOS is now following you" // in which a fan gets a follow from ashton and they start dming, obviously. // Book 1 in the Social Media Series.