Lex Luthor x Reader [one shot...

By violaeades

"We know better now, don't we? Devils don't come from hell beneath us. No, they come from the sky." --- A col... More

Long Nights [One Shot]
Basketball [Imagine]
Mine [One Shot]
Meeting [Imagine]
Beauty [One Shot]
Realization [Imagine]
Motorcycle [Imagine]
Fight, Fight, Fight [long imagine]
Nightmare [One Shot]
Author's Note --- Requests
Love [One Shot]
Obsessed [Imagine]
Wayne Enterprises [part one] [One Shot]
Wayne Enterprises [part two] [One Shot]
Jealousy [Imagine]
SUICIDE SQUAD [Author's Note]
Abstract [One Shot]
Abstract [One Shot] [part two]
Sick [One Shot]
I Try to Be [One Shot]
Blue Jeans [One Shot]
Blue Jeans [One Shot] [part two]
author's note: new story!
Here [One Shot]
3 a.m. [imagine]
Scared [one shot]
author's note
Control [one shot] [part one]
Control [one shot] [part two]
Lex's Brother [ft. J. Daniel Atlas] [AU one shot]
Let Me Help [one shot]
author's note: what's coming this fall and winter!
Finch's Daughter [one shot] [part one]
Finch's Daughter [one shot] [part two]
Old Money [lex luthor x reader] Sneak Peek
Negotiations [one shot]
You Don't Have to Protect Me Anymore [one shot]
Don't Tell [one shot] [part one]
Happy Birthday, Lex [imagine]
prompt request #1
prompt request #2
holiday imagine #1
author's note

Mistakes [One Shot]

8.7K 301 184
By violaeades

This was requested by myself, because I've been in a long one shot featuring angst and fluff kind of mood.

Also, I went to Wal-Mart today and they were playing BvS.

So I felt obligated to take a picture with the love of my life.
---

You knocked softly on the wooden door of Lex's office. He was working late again, he had told you. After a brief moment of silence, he gently called out, "Come in."

You opened the door. Your husband of four months turned around. A grin flashed on his face as he saw you.

"___! I thought you had gone home," he said.

You smiled nervously. "Not yet."

He made his way to his desk and opened up the bottle of his father's liquor. He poured some in a glass for you and held it out. Your heart quickened as you shook your head.

"No," you whispered, thinking of the plus sign on the pregnancy test.

It wasn't that much of a shock that you were pregnant. In fact, you weren't surprised at all to see the test as positive. And you weren't upset about it. The thought of having a baby, half you, half Lex, filled your heart with endless joy.

But Lex... he was different. His reaction was something you could never begin to guess. He had never brought up the idea of children, and had never really answered you when you commented on your desire to be a mother.

Lex's eyebrows pulled together. "Are you all right, my dear?" He took a drink from the glass himself.

"I'm fine," you answered, but your voice said the exact opposite.

"You don't look fine," he said. He stepped up and pulled you close, keeping his hands on your shoulders. "Talk to me."

You clasped your hands together over your stomach. Eyes on the floor, you let out a deep breath. "I needed to talk to you. Lex... Lex, I'm pregnant." As soon as the words left your mouth, you smiled.

Announcing it left you with excitement bubbling in your stomach. Your eyes sparkled. You looked up at your husband with anticipation.

He recoiled like you slapped him in the face. Blinking rapidly, he backed up and let go of you. He didn't speak a word. Your smile faltered and you stepped towards him, hand outstretched.

He stepped back and turned around.

Hurt washed over you. Your jaw dropped as you realized that Lex didn't want what you wanted. You wanted a family. A husband, a baby, a beautiful house filled with beautiful family photos. He wanted his company, his money, his drinks, and his perfect wife to stand at his side to add to the effect.

You getting pregnant only ruined the picture.

Your breath was shaky as you glared into his back. Anger overtook you, making your hands shake.

"How could you be so selfish?"

Lex placed his hands on his hips. Slowly, he turned to glance at you. His tongue slid across his bottom lip nervously.

You scoffed and whirled around on your heels, moving as quickly as you could to get out of here and away from him.
---

Over the next few months, your relationship with Lex became cold and distant. Conversations were few, physical contact close to none, and he seemed to scowl at your growing belly. He was full of hate every time he saw you. How could he hate something that was miraculously made out of a part of him and a part of you?

It broke your heart. Your baby, so happy and beautiful, was ignored by his father. The day you found out that you were carrying a son was the day Lex disappeared for three days. He came back drunk without a single explanation.

You blocked the pain by focusing on your son. You sang to him, read to him, organized his nursery every day, and went to doctor appointment after doctor appointment. You wanted the best for him. If he wasn't going to have the best father, he was certainly going to have a good mother.

Lex, although never speaking a word about his son, ordered the nursery to be painted a pale blue. He bought a crib and countless maternity dresses for you. Somedays, he would compliment how wonderful you looked in them. Those were the days you thought he would change. But his eyes would flash a dark, miserable shadow, and he would turn away.

Today, you walked into the nursery to find Lex standing there, his eyes on the mobile above the crib. His fingers reached out and brushed against the plush stars that dangled. It was so odd to see him there. He rarely even looked at the nursery.

"Lex," you whispered, crossing your arms. They rested against the bump of your large stomach. "What are you doing?"

He simply raised a glass to his lips. You grimaced at the brown liquid inside. He was probably drunk. You looked away and stepped inside, going to your son's dresser.

"Please don't drink in here," you pleaded quietly. "The least you can do is keep that out of here."

"The least I can do," he repeated angrily. He chuckled darkly and took another swig.

"Yes," you said. "It's the least you can do." He hummed as he swallowed, wincing at the alcohol. Tears filled your eyes. "Lex, this is a baby's room. I don't want my baby---"

"Your baby?" he scoffed, stepping towards you. "Don't pretend that I'm not its father!"

You glared at him. "It? It! Lex, where have you been? This baby boy is growing inside of me and you've been spending all of your money and time on drinking away our liquor cabinet. I've been staying up with nausea, getting ready for the baby, dealing with depression because of all the hormones, going to doctors appointments alone, and living through the worst pains. And you--- you can only think about yourself."

Lex's jaw clenched. He stepped forward and grabbed your shoulders roughly. "You think you can talk to me like that? Hm? Hm! You--- you think---"

You yelped in pain. His hands squeezed your shoulders tightly. "Lex! Lex, stop! You're hurting me!" You jerked and kicked at him. "Lex---!"

You finally knocked one of his hands away. The bottle in his hands fell to the carpet; the brown spilled onto the cream colored carpet. You jerked out of his angry hold, tears flooding down your face.

The anger in Lex's face was soon replaced with regret. Your chest heaved with panicked breaths. The baby must've known something was wrong; he kicked roughly and your stomach fluttered.

The flutter was painful. Lex bent down to pick up his bottle. You watched as his fingers raked across the carpet, over the soaked area, and grasped onto the neck of the glass.

It all happened in slow motion.

A sharp pain hit you in your abdomen. You looked down and grasped at your t-shirt, making fists at the fabric. The pain hit again, worse this time. Your knees buckled. You gasped as you fell.

Lex looked up. His eyes widened as you fell on your side, your hands grasping your stomach. You screamed in agony, your eyelids squeezing shut. In a matter of seconds, he was on his knees beside you.

"___," he said. "___!"

"The baby," you pleaded. "The baby!"

"Help! Someone help my wife! Help us!" he shouted, pleading that one of the butlers might hear. Lex looked down at you and brushed hair away from your face. "Stay with me, ___. You hear me? Stay with me, baby. Please. Please, I need you. You can't... you have to stay with me. Breathe."

"Lex," you moaned. "Lex, something is wrong. The baby... we have to save him---"

"We will!" he exclaimed. For the first time, his allowed his hands to brush against your baby bump. The baby kicked against you. Lex stared down at your belly, mesmerized by what he felt. "I won't let anything happen to you. To either of you."

---

"Mr. Luthor," the doctor said. Lex looked up and, for the first time in two hours, sat up straight.

"My wife," he breathed, anxiety keeping him from forming an entire sentence.

"She's alive," the doctor said. Lex sighed in relief. "So is the baby. Would you like to meet your son, Mr. Luthor?"

Lex gulped. He followed the doctor to a glass window at the end of the hall. Dozens of babies rested in tiny plastic and metal beds, swaddled in soft blankets and fuzzy beanies.

Lex could spot his from a mile away. His eyes were shaped exactly like yours. They weren't open, but he had your eyelashes. Lex allowed his fingers to press against the glass. There was the baby you had spent so much time caring for while he only drank the last few months away.

"Is he going to be all right?" Lex whispered, his eyes never leaving the boy.

"He should be," he replied. "We'll run a few tests to be sure, and he won't be going home for a while."

"He's so small."

"He was very premature. You're very lucky, Mr. Luthor. Not many women survive that, nor do the babies."

"I need to see her," Lex said.

You rested in your hospital bed, sore and exhausted. Although your eyes were heavy, you wanted nothing more than to see your baby. Was he safe? Was he crying? Did he miss you?

Your door opened. You looked up to see Lex, standing there with pure worry on his face.

"Lex," you whispered.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He crossed the room quicky and knelt at your side. His hands grabbed ahold of yours. "I would not blame you if you never wanted to see me again. If you want me out of your life and out of his, I will go. But please, my dear, know that I am sorry. I am so---"

"[Baby's Name]", you whispered.

"What?"

"That's his name," you said. "Middle name, Lex."

Lex's eyes filled with tears. He leaned his head down against your arm. Your other hand brushed through his orange waves as he cried.

"I didn't want to hurt him," he explained. "My only fear was hurting him. I---I feared that I had too much of my father in me, and he had too much of me in him. But I saw him, ___... and he is so beautiful. He's so perfect and... he's you. He has your eyes, your face." Lex kissed your arm over and over again, leading a trail up your shoulder until he stopped at the corner of your mouth.

"I was wrong to tell you that you weren't the father," you breathed. "I didn't even consider how you would feel."

"My behavior was unacceptable," he murmured. "But if you're willing to forgive me, I want to prove myself to you and [Baby Name]."

You smiled. "There's nothing for you to prove." You lifted your hand and moved it to the back of his head. He smiled as your fingers tangled knots into his orange hair. You pulled him close, your eyes on his lips.

The kiss was long and lasted until the doctor knocked on the door. Lex pulled back and took your and in his, squeezing it reassuringly as the doctor spoke. "Mr. and Mrs. Luthor, your baby boy is doing just fine. We'll need to keep you here a couple of nights, and him a bit longer. But he's perfectly fine. You're very lucky."

"Can I see him?" you asked.

"Sure," the doctor said.

You were told to take a wheelchair, which you did without complaints. Exhaustion was overtaking your body. Still, the thought of seeing your baby boy left you with such an overwhelming thrill.

The doctors gently took him from the plastic crib and handed him to you. He was placed in your tired arms, where he fit perfectly. You smiled, your eyes wet. Lex put his hand on your shoulder and squeezed it.

"Hi, little baby," you whispered. As if he was waiting for your voice, he opened his eyes. They were such a shocking copy of Lex's. "Hi. It's your Mommy. I love you so much, [Baby Name]. So much." You turned your head to look at Lex, who was watching him proudly. "He has your eyes, babe."

Lex's smile faltered. "Yeah, he does." You reached over and stroked his cheek with the back of your fingers.

"Stay with us," you pleaded softly.

Lex looked at you. "Always." He kissed your cheek and reached over to touch his son's face. The baby cooed, his hand waving in the air until it touched Lex's. He wrapped it around Lex's pointer finger, and you watched your husband melt. "I could never leave either of you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

538 0 24
Oneshots, feel free to leave requests!
133K 6.2K 19
You arrive in a world that is afraid of aliens. In order to contain them, they keep them chained, locked up and sold to the highest bidder to keep th...
112K 3K 43
One shots of Sanvers and Supercorp mostly, but I take requests. Send me an idea if you have one you'd like to see.
7.3K 45 11
Hope you enjoy the stories These are total imagination based fictional short stories These are members x reader one-shots If you like the stories t...