Eagle (A Loki love story)

By Lady-Gisborne

Mira Brooks, known to HYDRA as Specimen 13, has been on the run for most of her life. For the past eight yea... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Exciting News!!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57-APRIL FOOLS!!!!
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170

Chapter 32

7.3K 259 79
By Lady-Gisborne

When we landed, it was the dead of night and there was no one around. I recognized the street right away, it was a few blocks from where my apartment was.

"Where is it?"

"Come with me. Be silent but look normal."

"And how am I supposed to do that?!" Loki hissed out of the corner of his mouth as we started off down the street.

"Just....act like me." I felt Loki's cold hand slip into mine.

"This is how couples act in your world, is it not?"

"No." I drew him closer, slipping my arms around his waist and guiding his arm to my shoulder. "This is how they act." Loki reduced his strides to be in sync with me.

If anyone saw us on our walk, they did not pay us any heed. As far as any onlookers were concerned, we were just a couple out walking late at night. When we got to my apartment building, I had Loki check it for any hidden cameras or listening devices.

"There is a recording device, we will have to talk like this."

"Alright."

"I should be able to disable it–"

"Don't. As long as we are completely silent, we will be fine. If it is disabled then SHIELD gets a direct warning."

"I could disable the power to the entire building."

"Nope, it will be powered separately and they'll still get a notice. We just have to be fast and silent. Now let's go." Loki unlocked the door silently and we slipped inside.

"Ok, the first thing I want to do it get my clothes."

"I will transport them to the site."

"Why do you keep calling it 'the site'?"

"I know not that else to call it."

"Will your transporting make and sort of noise?"

"I can make it so that it does not."

"Not a good idea. We should just get the other things we need and transport from there. For all we know, SHIELD agents could be hiding in the apartment below!"

"Then let us go. I will retrieve your clothes." We split up, I ran to my office and he to my bedroom. I unplugged my laptop as quickly as I could and scooped it up. On my way out, I grabbed my personal phone as well as my iPad along with their chargers. Once I got my devices in their cases, I went back into the living room and raided my DVD and CD holder, pulling all of them off the shelves and into my arms as strategically as I could. When I could hold no more, I rushed to join Loki, who had pulled all of my clothes out of my dressers and piled them on the floor. He looked up when I rushed into the room but I waved him off and went to my jewelry boxes and picked them up. Next, I crawled under my bed, fetched my old katana, and crawled back out. Then, I placed everything I had on top of the clothes pile.

"What are all of the small boxes for?"

"I'll explain later, right now I need your help to get the rest of my little boxes." The two of us slunk back into my sitting room and finished emptying my case. While we were at it, I unplugged and added my CD player, iPod speakers, and my region-free DVD player. I had all of my real valuables already, all that was left was to help Loki get the clothes out of the closet. Everything was going smoothly. At least, until Loki and I pushed the closet doors open. There was a bright flash, signalling that we had been photographed, an audible alarm went off, blaring in our ears, and my bedroom door swung shut upon its own accord. If we didn't get out of here soon, we'd be captured.

Emily's POV

Two months. More than. That's how long Mira had been gone. SHIELD had hired me and I had moved into the Avenger's tower. Since then, since Thor was absent and, according to his teammates, taken, I had taken Steve's offer to date me. The only downside was: I had to divulge all of my knowledge about Mira. It hadn't done any harm, seeing as she had been working for them. The other bad thing was: I had to work crazy hours to keep watch on Mira's apartment. For the past two months, nothing had happened. When Thor came by a month ago, he had informed SHIELD that Mira was well and taken care of in Asgard and assured Fury that she was no threat and so he took down the cameras but kept up the audio recordings and the automatic cameras behind several doors, as well as the automatic opening and closing of her doors, and the agents living in the neighboring flats.

Finally, tonight, something happened. The automatic camera in her closet activated, scaring me out of my half-asleep state. I buzzed Director Fury and pulled up the photo.

"What is it, Emily." Fury was already in the room despite it being three in the morning.

"The closet camera just went off. The photo is loading now." Despite having advanced technology, it could still be slow sometimes, especially when I was trying to load two things at once. My jaw dropped when the photo finally loaded. It was Mira. But she was not alone. Oh no. Loki was with her.

"Alert the Avengers and wake the agents in the flats. NOW!!!" I sounded the alarms and the live footage came up.

Mira's POV

Come on, Loki! Help me! We pulled the hangers off the bar and threw them on the pile. I could already hear the pounding footsteps of agents getting closer and closer. The door to my flat was thrown open. We would have no choice but to leave quickly and now.

"They're in the bedroom!"

"Loki, come on!"

"I'm not leaving a single article of your clothing behind!"

"You mean more to me than them, now come on!" I grabbed his hand just as the door slid open.

"Freeze! Hands behind your head, both of you!" There were five agents, each with a gun pointed at us.

"Loki..."

"Quiet, Brooks!"

"Relax, Kitten. I'm going to get us out of here. On my word, dive for the pile."

"We can't! My fragile stuff is there!"

"Trust me! Three, two one!" I leapt to the side, getting serious rugburn as my fingers came into contact with the clothes. Loki did the same and as soon as he hit it, we teleported leaving several furious agents being.

Emily's POV

I watched in disbelief and Mira and Loki communicated without words and worked in tandem to get to the pile of her things. As soon as they both came into contact with it, they vanished into thin air with a bright green flash. Fury slammed his fist down on the metal table next to me, making a dent in it.

"Send this footage to the Avengers. I want them to look at it and find out where they went."

"Yes sir. If they're still on Earth, we'll find them."

"You'd better."

Mira's POV

We materialized on a dark wooden floor amongst all of the other things we had brought from Asgard as well as my apartment.

"Loki." I rolled over to him and onto his chest. "That was too close. Way too close."

"Shhh. It's fine. We made it. We're ok."

"But now they know we're here. And they will stop at nothing to find us!"

"Relax. I contacted mother. She's going to come here personally and get me a pardon."

"Are you sure that will work?"

"It has to. It has to. They would not resist the Queen and real power of Asgard."

"Real power?"

"It's Frigga who's actually in charge of almost everything. We're going to be ok."

"I believe you."

"Let's get upstairs and have you soak in the tub. I'll give you a tour tomorrow and we can get settled in." Loki carried me upstairs and began running hot water into the tub. My hands had started shaking so badly that I doubted I would be able to stand on my own. We had come so close to losing it all. For a moment, I had seen our time together flash before my eyes. I was so caught up in my trance that I didn't realize that Loki had stripped me down until he placed me in the tub and made me jump at the feeling of the hot water.

"Woah, Kitten. Just relax. I'm going to bring our personal items up. I will return shortly. All you need to do it just close your eyes and let your mind rest." He brought his face to my face and used his thumb and forefinger to gently guide my eyelids closed.

"Sleep, my beautiful angel. I will be here when you wake." I was given no choice. His voice, the hot water, and the relief that we had just gotten away forced my eyes to stay shut and my mind to go blank.

Loki's POV

I had not intended to be long, in fact I wasn't. All I did was go back to where our things were, fetch Mira's personal items, and go back up. Only, when I got back, I found Mira fast asleep. It was clear that she had not planned on falling asleep as her wings were squashed between her back and the tub, the bottom halves soaking in the water. If there was one thing I had learned about Mira while I had helped her bathe was that she tried to keep her wings as dry as possible because her feathers absorbed water quickly and in great amounts, making them heavier which made it harder to fly and even if she allowed to air to dry them, it made her feathers stiff and crackly, also impeding her flight and raising chances that they will come out. One would be surprised how heavy the water made her. As strong as I was, I had trouble picking her up and freeing her wings from the water. I decided to put her back in the water once I had a grip on her wings to let her soak a little more. The tub was just high enough to allow her wings to rest comfortably on the ledge, hang limp, and still not touch the ground. Once I had her situated, I picked up a cotton towel and began to gently squeeze and coax all of the water from her wings without waking her and without pulling her feathers the wrong way. Perhaps another reason that she did not like getting her wings wet was that they would need to be handled a lot and that made her vulnerable because they were so sensitive. She only allowed those who she would trust with her life to even brush against her feathers, let alone actually handle them. She had described it to me once, what it felt like for another to touch her wings and she described as five times stronger than the feeling of someone playing with her hair. It was a great honor for me that she allowed me to be in contact with her wings so much.

When I finally finished, she was shuddering a bit in her sleep and I decided that her wings were dry enough, if she wanted me to do some more in the morning, I would. I picked her up out of the tub again, drained it, and dried her with a different towel and took care of her hair before getting her in her nightgown and bringing her to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 25 24
Ever think that SHIELD could be real? Sebastian Stan, Chris Evans or Anthony Mackie certainly didn't think so. They never believed that the character...
1M 28.3K 18
Whilst in combat in the US Army, Ava Richards stormed a terrorist base which contained chemically manipulated gas with extreme side effects; in Ava's...
104 0 15
Okay so imagine Black Widow had a daughter with Bruce Banner, then that daughter had a kid with Captain America. That child would be the basics of Sa...
432 47 44
All Freyja wants is to see Odin, King of Asgard, dead and she is willing to kill him by any means necessary. When the council, the head of the rebels...