Z-Day

By JuliaTeng555

Dawn broke. The screams from the streets seemed like a story of yesterday. The days which could be conside... More

Unexpected of The Dead
Decision
Into The School of The Dead
Getting Out of Here
The Plan
Run Them Down!
Can We Stay For The Night?
The Next Day
Departing
Getting Items
Crossing The River!
Attack In The Mini Market
Unfriendly Attack
Sudden Outburst
Coach? Or Not!
Leader and Death?
He's Alive!
Heat Stroke
Hurt
Yuuka!
Sometimes Bravery Needs To Bow Down To Wisdom
Fire
Back to The Clinic
Cheering Up and Dreams
The Death of A Beloved
To The Airport
Riddles
On The Plane
The Amazon Jungle
Valentines Day Special! Part 1
Endou vs Wild Animal Fresh from The Amazons!
Grouping Up & Something Wrong
Valentines Day Special! Part 2
Valentines Day Special!! Part 3
Story Telling
Nocturnal Attack
The Story Behind The Cool One
...Who...
Pls Don't Misundertand thx :)
Ouch
Incredible Luck
Puanteur
Trost
Angriff
Opfern
Freiheit
Rรผckkehr
Fรผrchten
Struggle

Every Cloud has A Silver Lining

664 30 27
By JuliaTeng555

First of all, thank you to all of you who have read this story until now! All of your support and comments have once again given me the resolve to continue writing again <3 heartz Sorry for not updating in like 2 years... O.o (Just finished my exam today and another coming in less than 2 months TT^TT) I would like to say sorry in advance if you guys think this is weird. Previously, I did a draft for the newest chappie last year but ended up doing something else this year so yeah.. Not quite sure if it would be a little off.. O.o Anyways, here's another chappie~ yeah, I know it may seem really boring that Fubuki lost his memory and became Mr. Nice Guy again but bear with me. He's gonna be back hehehe^^ (Opps I just said that) Thank you all once again! Now, on with the story~
_________________________________________________________________________

"Don't move..."

Fuyuka froze on the spot. Her eyes darted to the spot she had just been standing at. A... Nest...?! Oh crud... One of the eggs were broken.

"Snakes, looks there," Fubuki said from beside her, pointing to the side. A cobra slid towards them, with a menacing hiss. It bared its fangs at them.

"W-What do we do...?" Fuyuka trembled. She didn't like the idea of being eaten by a snake in the middle of the Amazons.

"We should run. It probably thinks that we broke its eggs.." Fubuki said gripping bag.

"But if there's one here.. Then there probably is another-"

Before she finished. Another hiss was heard. But... It came from behind them.

Oh. Great. They were sandwiched between two cobras now. Splendid.

Fubuki and Fuyuka had their backs against one another. They were going to be doomed like this. The cobras were inching in on them and they did not seem like they want to invite them for some tea.

"Where's North?" Fubuki asked, a bead of sweat sliding down the side of his cheeks.

"On our left," Fuyuka said.

"You go left, I go right. Run straight ahead and don't look back. Cut the trees. I'll be right behind you-"

"But, wait-"

"No time. Now, GO!!"

Fuyuka wanted to retort but Fubuki had sped off. She had no choice but to do the same. She ran as fast as she could while making marks on the trees so that Fubuki could follow her. Soon, she reached a clearing. There was a little wooden cabin.

'Here in the middle of the Amazons?! That seems out of place. Are there any infecteds around?' Fuyuka thought. She slowed into a jog and turned. The cobra was still following her!! Just when she thought she had lost it...

There was nowhere to hide now. She could run into the cabin but that would be dangerous considering there may be an infected in there. She remembered their encounter with that infected-infested village and it wasn't a good one. That was the reason why Fubuki lost his memories in the first place! If only they didn't have to stumble into that village. What should she do?! It's getting closer!

She scanned her surroundings. Ah...!

Fuyuka quickly stepped on the wooden railing on the side of the porch, begging the fragile wood not to crumble under her weight. She then tried to climb onto the roof, her hands shaking with effort.

Please.....!

Fuyuka finally managed to push herself onto the roof, panting as she sat there. She peered down, worried that the cobra may try to climb up the tree just to follow her and get revenge for its baby. But thank goodness, it was gone. To where, she doesn't know but she all she knew she was damn glad that it was gone....

Now the only thing she could do was beg for Fubuki's safety and that he would find her....
_________________________________________________________________________

Fubuki ran like a madman. Needless to say, he was still very disoriented, suddenly waking up in the Amazons with no recollection at whatever the heck actually happened. The only living human he interacted with since his awakening was with that girl-- somehow he had mixed feelings about her. Not just because she just spouted a ridiculous story but it was something else... He could almost certain that something unpleasant had happened between them, just that he has no access to that memory in his current predicament. But she was the only other living human, not that he had a choice.

Damn that stupid memory block...

As he ran, the sound of leaves crunched beneath his feet. With a machete in hand, he made cut in the trees as markers to find his way back later. But even he himself was surprised where those survival instincts came from. If everything according to the girl, Fuyuka, was true then maybe it's from being on the run from the supposed infected, preposterous as it may seem.

Peering behind him, he turned to see if any of the cobras were still behind him. He sighed in relief when he saw no slithering reptile.

THUD

Eh...? He fell backwards.

"What the...? What the hell..?!"

Fubuki lifted his head slightly dumbfounded at the sight before him. There were three people before him. One redheaded male, one jet black haired one and a petite girl with a blue bob. Apparently while he was running, he didn't realize their presence and ended up the knocking the red guy off his feet.

"Hey, it's you!" the red haired guy beamed despite getting knocked over. To be completely frank. he seemed to have the attributes if a sly fox. One who was cunning yet acted innocent and oblivious to everything, watching as drama stirs up from the sidelines. Maybe it was that carnivorous glint in his eyes or something... He reeked of blood. But something stirred in Fubuki as he observed the taller male. Nevertheless, nothing makes him dislike the guys in fact, it sorta thrills him. He almost.. Almost felt like he was staring at himself....

Nah.. That can't be possible. He may be an amnesiac right now but he is quite sure of that fact that probably wouldn't hurt a fly.

"Fubuki-kun! We've finally found you!" the girls seemed closed to tears.

Ugh. Again. People claiming to know him when all he remembers nothing.

Should he pretend? Should he just go with the flow? The guy on the left of the girl gave off an aloof aura while the one in red look slightly excited... Don't ask. He has no idea why either. The girl seemed exultantly beyond relief.

"Ah...! Hi.. Long time no see!" Fubuki got up awkwardly scratching the back of his head as he dusted the leaves off his pants. "I'm glad that all of you are safe! Oh- Sorry for bumping into you too," Fubuki bowed slightly to the redhead who seemed puzzled.

Way the go, Fubuki. Nice acting.

"What happened to you though, you seem like a whole different person all of a sudden. Like the kind Fubuki before this whole zombie fiasco. Ah- Not to say that you weren't kind now, we know you're just doing your best to protect us!" The girl grinned sheepishly at her mistake.

"We're you alone all this time?" the jet haired boy questioned, keeping his distance.

No. He shook his head. "Fuyuka and I sit up after our encounter with some cobras. We trespassed their territory and crushed some eggs by accident,"

Can he trust them though? He should... Right? After the girl just said his name and Fuyuka did mention having other friends with them...

He turned around and peered back warily, machete still in hand. "Follow me,"

Without saying another word, he dashed forward, back towards the direction he came from hopefully to where Fuyuka is. Not without making sure there weren't any other lurking snaked around waiting for their chance to strike, of course. He didn't look behind to see if they followed him because frankly he wasn't sure about them either. Everything is just so messed up.

Soon, the thick trees slimmed and opened out into a clearing, where there was a wooden cabin. Sure enough, Fuyuka was there, but somehow on the roof and not on the ground. He couldn't help but sweatdrop at the scene.

"Ah! Fubuki-kun!"

Soon, the redhead rushed out behind him.

"Aw, heck yes! I love running!" the red head exclaimed. Fuyuka looked astonished.

"Adam!" Fubuki made a mental note of a the redhead's name. Not long after, the jet black haired guy and the blunette came out of the trees. Fuyuka held back tears as she jumped down from the roof and immediately embraced Haruna in a hug. Fubuki had to admit he was relieved he had done the right decision and not bring in a bunch of thugs taking advantage of his amnesiac state.

Fuyuka the looked over to Fubuki. "Are you alright? What happened to the snakes? Does you head hurt?"

Adam raised his eyebrow at this. Fubuki just put on a smile and shook his head. He was fine physically but not quite so in terms of memory.....

"Well it looks like we're lucky. We got lost in the jungle but there is a cabin before us. Now what are we waiting for?~" Adam smirked.

Kristian rolled his eyes. "Reckless bastard gonna stir up unnecessary trouble again,"

"Yeah, yeah, you guys just wait right here, aye? Fubuki," the silverette gave him a questioning look. "Come on, I'm gonna need your help," Adam said as he beckoned him into the cabin with him.

Standing on the porch, both of them stood before the door.

"When I open the door, we both enter and if anything comes, you take the one and I take the one on the right?" Adam stated, gaze forward and ready. "Get set... Go!"

He practically slammed the door open and both of them went in. Weapons raised, both of them got in and entered into a fighting stances eyes scanning the dark room.

.
.
.

Nothing.

It was quiet. Walking over to the television set, Fubuki placed a finger on it. It was dusty as heck. This place must've been abandoned for some time... They began investigating the place. Despite it being an old abandoned wooden cabin, they had to say the place was not bad. They had a few rooms some downstairs and some upstairs, simple furniture and even items such as pots and pans. They had finished checking the last of the rooms. They ignored the ones which were locked though. Some times things are kept away for a reason.

"Adam-san, there's no one here-"

Fubuki hadn't expected when Adam suddenly grabbed him and slammed him towards the wall by his collar. Keeping an elbow to the other's neck to make sure he didn't try to escape.

"Alright, tell me what's going on," Adam demanded, as he peered down at the silverette, eyes shining with a predatory glint. "You had the fake smiles and all before but at least you still show your true colors. What the heck happened?"

Surprisingly, Fubuki was not amused nor petrified by the latter. In fact, there was tiny ball of rage which bubbled at the pit of his stomach.

"I hope someone could answer that question for me, not question the one thing I have been wondering the most. I have no idea either. All I know is I woke up here with no memory whatsoever. Fuyuka explained but everything is disorienting and confusing the shit out of me. Now what you know will you please get the hell off me?" Fubuki pushed Adam away roughly. Adam was slightly baffled. Fubuki didn't know if it was because of his actions or hearing the truth but he honestly couldn't care less now that his exasperation has reached it's peak.

Adam snapped out of his daze and chuckled to himself. Soon, it became a creepy cackled as he held onto his face, staring at the boy before him.

"Interesting. So that was what it was...!" Adam laughed wiping a tear out of his eyes. "I see. Sorry about being rough on you! It seems that I may have misunderstood. I thought you were plotting something secretly,"

Fubuki rolled his eyes. He couldn't blame the guy, he was only being protective of his comrades and there nothing wrong with that.

"Hope there would be no bad blood between after this, yeah?" Adam held his hand out. Fubuki gripped it firmly and both of them shook it.

Suddenly, there was a feminine scream. They broke apart immediately, eyes alert. After exchanging glances, they dashed down the stairs and out of the wooden cabin.

Adam had expected a group of unfriendly survivors, zombies and heck, even crazy tribe of cannibals but he did not expect this. Fubuki seemed just as puzzled judging from his expression.

The girls were squealing in excitement as a grin broke out on their faces. Despite all the odds against them, finally, things were staring to look better for them. As the saying goes, every cloud has a silver lining...

"Endou-kun!" "Mamoru!"
_________________________________________________________________________

That's all for now! XDIt's getting kinda late now. Hope I didn't disappoint any of you /._.\||| anyways, see you all in the next chappie!~

(Okay, this was supposed to be posted yesterday night but the newest part got deleted again and had to rewrite. T-T Thank you all for waiting! Especially those who specially commented and posted requesting for an update. You all rekindled my writing spirit *laugh cry emoji* jkjk. Kay, bye for real now XD)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 1.3K 40
๐‚๐ซ๐ฒ๐จ ๐•๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ง ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง๐๐ข๐ฏ๐ข๐๐ฎ๐š๐ฅ๐ฌ. ๐“๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ž๐ฅ๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๏ฟฝ...
76.9K 3.5K 32
โš ๏ธWarning bad English ahead! Book cover: @dolustoy on twitter and pixiv. Inakunijima Island is an isolated island and very less known from people...
9.5K 293 41
The world in My Hero Academia has been flipped upside down when this disastrous event happened. With more reports of the incident, not just from Jap...
115K 1.3K 19
โ˜๏ธŽ โ”† โ The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. โž As of August 2022, this book is currently undergoing major edi...