Underthink

By TheeJaffaCake

Being a teenager is confusing; especially with love, friendships, illnesses, college, arguments and hormones... More

Chapter One // Rae
Chapter Two // Sophia
Chapter Three // Louise
Chapter Four // James
Chapter Five // Iris
Chapter Six // Zane
Chapter Seven // Dale
Chapter Eight // New Friends In Unexpected Places
Chapter Nine // Best Friends?
Chapter Ten // Elise
Chapter Eleven // Headaches
Chapter Twelve // Safe
Chapter Thirteen // Hospital Road Trips
Chapter Fourteen // Opening Up
Chapter Fifteen // Abandoned
Chapter Sixteen // Mud Stains
Chapter Seventeen // The Broken Past
Chapter Eighteen // Laughing Stock
Chapter Nineteen // Stress
Chapter Twenty // A Disappointment
Chapter Twenty One // Ward Five
Chapter Twenty Two // The Past Haunts Us
Chapter Twenty Three // Seven Hours
Chapter Twenty Four // I Have You
Chapter Twenty Five // Tea Bags
Chapter Twenty Six // Iris' Eighteenth
Chapter Twenty Seven // The Break Dancer
Chapter Twenty Eight // Pizza And Confessions
Chapter Twenty Nine // Piggybacks
Chapter Thirty // Liar
Chapter Thirty One // Tiled Floor
Chapter Thirty Two // Blackmail
Chapter Thirty Three // Leila
Chapter Thirty Four // The Love Triangle
Chapter Thirty Five // Making A Scene
Chapter Thirty Six // Violated
Chapter Thirty Seven // Cheater
Chapter Thirty Eight // The Failed Journey
Chapter Thirty Nine // Fireworks And Cheering
Chapter Forty // Helpful Strangers
Chapter Forty One // "Dear Elise.."
Chapter Forty Two // Breaking Point
Chapter Forty Three // Freedom
Chapter Forty Four // The News
Chapter Forty Five // Blankets And Cuddles
Chapter Forty Six // Vintage Cafe's And Ladybirds
Chapter Forty Seven // Leaving You Behind
Chapter Forty Eight // Love
Chapter Forty Nine // Heart To Heart
Chapter Fifty // Family Fury
Chapter Fifty One // Clouds
Chapter Fifty Two // Relief
Chapter Fifty Three // The Adult
Chapter Fifty Four // Support And Love
Chapter Fifty Five // The Sky After A Storm
Chapter Fifty Six // Family Photos
Chapter Fifty Seven // Starry Night
Chapter Fifty Nine // Drowning
Chapter Sixty // White Flowery Dress
Chapter Sixty One // Fake Smile
Chapter Sixty Two // "I Can Do This"
Chapter Sixty Three // Roses
Chapter Sixty Four // The End

Chapter Fifty Eight // The Fountain

27 1 0
By TheeJaffaCake

- Iris' POV -

My alarm rang loudly at 7:30am on the other side of my room which meant I had to get up to turn off the awful noise. I walked across the room like a zombie before properly opening my eyes when the alarm was turned off. I stretched and went straight to my speakers to play some music as I got ready for college.

I had a playlist playing on full volume as danced into the bathroom and got in the shower while continuing to sing. I almost slipped while trying to dance and wash my hair at the same time, oops.

"HURRY UP IRIS! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" I heard my sister scream while thumping my locked bedroom door, I rolled my eyes and quickly got out of the shower and got dressed into a red skater dress with my red converse.. Groovy!

I began cleaning my room while plaiting my hair (by cleaning I mean kicking my dirty laundry into the corner of the room). I took my phone off charge and looked through my notifications to see a text message from Rae, I smiled to myself and opened it.

"Love you Iris, thank you for everything:)"

I turned off my music and put on my coat while messaging her back;

"That was random but very thoughtful of u rae. I love u!"

I ran downstairs and got a pancake from the kitchen before lifting my bag and heading to the door to make my way to college.

"Iris?" Mum said while appearing from the living room, I froze and looked back at her.

"If you have any tests today please do not mess up, you need A's" She said while crossing her arms, I turned around and flashed an evil grin.

"I was kidding about failing the history test you know that right? I just wanted to piss you off" I said while laughing, mum gasped and I ended the conversation there. I left the house and walked down the street with a smile on my face. I tried to call Sophia to ask if she was going to college today, she hadn't been attending because she was so worried about Rae but now that she is recovering Sophia should be coming to college.

"No answer.. As usual" I mumbled as I walked into college, I am so alone when Sophia isn't around.

I made my way to History which was always my first class of the day, I really enjoy it though. I walked through the corridors and approached the History room until I saw Dale standing by himself looking down at his phone.

"Dale!" I shouted as I walked up to him, he smiled and gave me a hug.

"How are you and Leila?" I asked him as he continued to glance down at his phone with a confused expression, he ignored my question.

"What's going on?" I muttered to him, he looked up at me and shrugged his shoulders.

"I received a text message from Rae this morning, she never usually messages me so I'm confused" He explained before handing me his phone so I could see the message.

"Thank you for being so cool and making me smile all the time, you're a good friend Dale:)"

I stared at it for a moment before remembering that Rae also sent me a text message this morning, I looked at him and we both froze.

"She sent me one too.." I said quietly while showing Dale the message, we were both extremely confused and worried. What was going on? Maybe we were blowing it out of proportion, Rae could've just wanted to tell everyone how much she appreciates them.

"Can you call Sophia and ask her if she got any messages?" Dale asked me as I handed his phone back to him, I shook my head and sighed.

"I already tried to call her and she didn't answer, she never does anymore" I rolled my eyes and then our tutor called us into the classroom.

- Elise's POV -

Today is going to be an amazing day. Me, Kelsey and a few others from school are going to a concert in town, it's going to have plenty of artists on and it'll be good to get away from all my worries for a few hours.

I got ready for school and headed out into town, me and Kelsey were meeting each other at the cafe for some breakfast. It seemed to be our hangout spot now.

"Enjoy your day!" Mum shouted as she paced around the kitchen cleaning up, I sighed and watched her stressing herself out.

"You too" I said before leaving the house and walking to town, it was a beautiful day outside which meant it was going to be good.

The main reason I was feeling so good was because it happened last night, I told Rae I love her. Not in person but on the phone, it was the best I could do. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders since I said those three words, I have needed to tell her for a very long time.

I made my way to town and spotted the fountain that I like to sit at, a few minutes wouldn't hurt right? I sat down at the fountain and set my heavy bag down beside me. I looked around for a minute with a smile on my face before my phone vibrated in my bag, I leaned down and grabbed it.

My heart instantly thumped out of my chest when I saw that Rae's mum had messaged me, I opened the text and held my breath.

"Hello Elise are you doing ok? Do you have a minute to read a message?" She said, I stared at my phone in confusion for a moment.

"Hi:) Sure I'm not busy x" I replied before getting jittery and restless, I set my phone on the fountain side where I was sitting and looked around while trying to breathe properly. I'm probably freaking out over nothing, Rae might be able to have visitors now and she is letting me know. My phone vibrated again on the stone bench, my eyed widened and I looked down at my phone before picking it up and clicking on the text again.

"Rae got her wings. She is at peace now."

I read the message and then dropped my phone on the ground, my hands went numb and I wasn't able to hold it properly. My breathing suddenly went incredibly fast and I felt like there was no more oxygen in the air for me to inhale. I dropped to the floor and almost curled in a ball so my head was on the concrete, I began screaming and crying with all my might at the most heart breaking and soul ripping message I had ever received in my whole life.

I didn't believe it, I couldn't believe it.

- Leila's POV -

Today I was feeling much more confident about finding a suitable job than I was the first time I visited the job centre, I had an idea of the type of jobs I would be interested in.

I didn't know if my dad had returned to Italy or not, the security at the retirement home had banned me for a week because of our argument in the common room. I felt bad for causing my grandmother stress but that's what happens when my dad is around, he makes everybody feel negative. Being outside without Dale made me feel uncomfortable but more cautious that my dad could be anywhere ready to leap out and take me away from England.

My stomach began to rumble as I approached the job centre, I stopped and thought for a moment.

"Maybe I should get a sandwich before going inside.." I muttered to myself before nodding and walking on passed the building. There was a shop which sold the nicest sandwiches and wraps in the middle of town, me and Dale always go there.

I pushed through the crowds of people and made my way down the street to the shop, I approached it and walked through the front doors before hearing somebody crying and screaming with all of their might. I stopped walking and turned around to look for the mysterious person who was clearly very upset. I looked ahead of me and across the road where the fountain was to see Elise on her knees vomiting.

Without hesitation I sprinted across the busy road with car horns honking loudly at me, I hurried through the crowds and made it to Elise. I bent down and put my hand on her back before rubbing it gently, she looked up at me and cried more.

"Elise? What's going on with you?" I asked nervously, she was in the worst state I had ever seen. She could barely speak, her breathing was so fast that she was gasping for air. I helped her sit up on the bench again and I held her tightly as she tried to calm down.

"She's gone!" Elise shouted when she had calmed down slightly, talking instantly made her worse.

"Gone? Who is gone?" I asked her in fear, she was so worked up and heartbroken that I knew something terrible had happened..

Rae?

No, it can't be.

"Elise, who is gone?" I asked her again as she cried louder on my lap, my jeans were soaked with her tears. She looked up at me and held her breath to avoid crying more, her face was covered in red blotches and her eyes were puffing out because of the constant crying.

"R-Rae" She stuttered before scrunching up her whole face and breaking down once again, my mouth was wide open in the shock. I pulled Elise as close as I could and held her tightly before beginning to cry with her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 293 45
They both craved something more, something to fill the emptiness that their lives held, but neither of them expected for the love they shared to chan...
5 0 2
This story delves into a concept of platonic love and friendship breakup. everyone talks about love and romance but no one talks about friendship so...
98 4 8
They grew up together, fought together, played together. One night changes their relationship and now there's no going back.
514 7 21
Girls and boys who were friends since kinder go to different schools and go through a roller coaster of emotions..