Mine, Bitten

inkzerospace द्वारा

For years, Lilith “Lily” McDermott was kept in the dark from the McDermott family secret. Now, her estranged... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Six

137K 6K 211
inkzerospace द्वारा

Varian

            It was foolhardy; he knew that much, walking straight into the snare to receive the bait and what made the level of foolishness tenfold was the undeniable hunger heightening with every inhale of air laced with her blood.

            Her blood had such a magnetic pull on him; he couldn't deny it even if he tried.

            He risked centuries of evading the Scientist to retrieve her.

            Talon was right-what the hell was he doing? He didn't have a plan-simply strolling right through the doors with the mentality of pummeling every bastard that came his way wasn't exactly a well-advised, strategic plan-he grinned, but it was a satisfying notion.

            He felt the length of his fangs, pushing at his gums, piercing the insides of his mouth, the tips throbbing to puncture the sweet throat that beckoned him.

            He growled low in his throat, struggling to fight the yearning that came with the extended canines.

            Damn. He shook his head in an attempt to clear it. He wouldn't reconsider involving Talon-it wasn't his fight, aside from that, he wouldn't endanger another of his kind when he had struggled for centuries to keep them hidden from the Scientist-all his efforts would be for nothing.

             The hunger grew with each step that brought him closer to her-instead of giving into the blood-lust that seared within; he channeled the compulsion, using the intolerable urge to his advantage, and directing all that intensity to his intended targets that greeted him inside.

            A grin pulled at his mouth. Ah, game.

            He leveled a hard, calculating glare, studying each individually.

            Just three?

He was slightly insulted.

            His nostrils flared, detecting a peculiar, odor.

            He frowned-garlic- and shook his head at the absurdity of it

            It would have no real effect on him.

            He could smell their fear; it was as pungent and distasteful as the garlic.

            The taller of three, standing exact in the middle, pulled a tranquilizer gun from his belt, aiming it directly at his chest. Damn he hated those.

            "Stay right there, blood-sucker!"

            Varian smirked-eying the three a little more closely, clearly the middle-man had gall, the one to the outer-left fidgeted too much, betraying his anxiousness, the one to the far-right was antsy, but not nearly on flee-mode as the latter.

            'Antsy-right' pulled another t-gun and Varian was keen to note the slight trembling in his hands as he pointed it.

            The smell of fear intensified, his only warning, and with that, he shifted his body just as two tranquilizer darts whizzed by him.

            This propelled him forward, moving with such abruptness that he rendered his intended momentarily stunned.

            He swiped the gun from the middle-man, wheeling around to send a powerful blow to the man on his right, throwing him to the air.

            He heard the distinct sound of bone snapping as the man landed painfully topsy-turvy.

            The middle man charged him, this time, wielding a surprise as a blade grazed his face.

            Snarling through a set of gritting fangs, he seized the wrist that brandished the blade and with a simple twist, broke the bone. The human squealed in pain and crumpled to the floor, cradling his wrist.

            Varian grimaced in disgust.

            He turned to find that the third had vanished-coward.

            Brushing a trace of blood from his face, he stepped over the whimpering human and made his way towards the stairs.

            As he climbed his way to the second level, something in the air caused him to pause. He frowned, for the scent, though faint it was, brought forth an inkling of danger, far more danger than he had anticipated, but he couldn't quite grasp the reason for it.

            With the sudden intake of breath, came a price-the scent of her blood grew stronger, pulling fiercely at his control.

            Clenching down on the groan that surfaced in his throat, feeling the own taste of blood in his mouth, he pushed forward.

            He was surprised to see a row of humans waiting for him at the top of the stairs, this time producing weapons of better intrigue.

            He counted-one, three, five-of them, each gripping a 45' millimeter, all five angled directly at him. They were meant to weaken him, not kill him.

            The first shot fired, catching him unaware. The bullet brushed his arm, drawing a hiss from his throat. Another shot came, this time the bullet impacting his thigh. The fire that came with the blow knocked his momentum, making him stumble. Another bullet breezed through the air, he shifted his weight and it ricocheted somewhere behind him.

            Due to his lack of feeding, the wound along his thigh was taking longer to heal-damn, he hadn't thought of that.

            Straightening to his feet, he felt a redden haze come over him as more shots were fired, this time, every bullet penetrating like flames.

            He fell to his knees as blood trickled from him in various streams to the floor. Pressing his knuckles to the marble beneath him, he tilted his head downward, shielding his face from the humans as they stalked cautiously towards him.

            He focused on their steps, two weaved left to his rear, and the remaining three moved to his front. The shots may have weakened him, but he was far stronger than their mere guns.

            He felt the two at his back come closer and with that, attacked.

            He leapt to his feet, turning widely about, his arm connecting roughly with their bodies, sending them sprawling.

            He pivoted as the other three rushed him, firing their weapons. He caught a bullet to the chest and winced from the impact-he would dwell on that blow later.

            Growling, he knocked the gun from the first and latched on to the man's throat. He gripped him until he was blue in the face and dropped him, spinning around to intercept the two that charged him. Baring his fangs like the lethal predator he was, he forced one to a halt in his tracks, and the human paled considerably and retreated.

            The last proved useful-the human raised his gun, pulled the trigger and it misfired.

            Varian grinned, revealing a set of sharp-tipped fangs. Seizing the human, he wrenched him forward and sank his fangs deep into his throat.

Lily

            Lily could feel herself being pulled away-she was feeling light-headed and the struggle to keep her eyes open was becoming more difficult by the minute.

            It was the shots of gunfire that brought her alert-her heart accelerated with a combination of fear and hope. Had Varian come for her?

            She pulled at her restraints but that only tired her more.

            How could she have been so stupid? She'd practically given herself to her father and now here she lay, like a hapless lab-rat.

            Her eyes clenched shut at the blinding light hanging above-her mouth felt parched and she could feel blood oozing from where he had cut an opening in her neck.

When he comes for you, you'll see that predatory side dominate your vampire. Ward had said before pressing the blade to her skin.

She had never felt so violently ill-Ward McDermott was a despicable beast, more animal-like than the vampire that came for her. How could she have put such hope in him? He had been responsible for her mother's death, and now, he would kill her too.

She was too weak to cry-the blood draining from her neck pooled excessively from her and the drug he'd given her made it all the worse.

A loud crash jolted her -if she were not mistaken, it sounded as though something came barreling through a glass window from another room.

She could hear something at the door, the lock turning?

            Her eyes grew heavy and she struggled to keep them open.

            She heard the door swing open and the sound of boots hit the floor.

            When she opened her eyes again, it was to see a man standing over her, an unnatural, wild gleam to his piercing green eyes.

Varian

            The human's blood had restored some of his strength, but it wasn't enough to completely replenish him.

            Moving through the halls, his senses picked up on various smells-one in particular raising the hair on his arms. He didn't like it, not one bit-and he couldn't pin-point it.

            V-how you doing in there?

            He stiffened as Talon's voice carried through his thoughts.

            I told you to go home. He growled.

            Talon chuckled. Not my style.

            I can't afford any disruptions-stay outside.

            Planned too-but there is something you need to know. Varian sensed his friend's sudden flow of apprehension.

            What is it? He demanded.

            You're not alone.

            This startled him and before he could ask-

            You got a wolf problem, amigo.

**********

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

4.3M 224K 98
(BOOK 2) *Also a stand-alone book!* Oliver is everything you would consider a normal eighteen-year-old boy to be. He is kind, helpful and works hard...
54 17 9
Asa was cursed from birth, forced to live eternity alone. She was searching for a way out, a way to rid herself of the loneliness. Her search comes t...
Dark Lovers Natfly द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

71.9K 1.7K 20
A Caius Volturi fan-fiction "I love it when you beg, Tesoro. It's music to my ears." Luna is a hybrid, and the only one of her kind. Being abandone...
198K 9.7K 70
*BOOK ONE OF THE IMMORTAL LOVE SERIES* Lesson number one: Never walk alone on the dark side of Chicago. Melody never expects to disappear from the h...