I'm Not Your Average Girl, Ha...

By kixrsty

Delilah's the only girl in school not falling head over heels for Harry, but as things change stranger things... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.

Chapter 3.

188K 1.7K 461
By kixrsty

"Delilah you're going to be late!" My mum practically shouted at me when she ran in my room, far too early for a Friday morning. I've been dreading this day so much, I was hoping to sleep right through it but my parents had other ideas. She ripped my duvet off me revealing my now freezing body. I groaned in response, trying to turn over and grab my duvet back. "No, up, now." She demanded. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and grabbed my throbbing head. It felt like I had a hangover however I hadn't been drinking. My mum finally walked out of my room, leaving my duvet in a pile near the door. I threw by duvet back on my bed, the next time I'll be able to get in bed the worst could have happened. I waltzed over to my bathroom and stepped into the shower allowing the steaming hot water to run over me, gradually I let the water turn cold, I like to finish with a cold shower, it cleanses the skins and helps your hair grow faster. I stood outside the shower shivering, trying to find a towel. Finally I found one, situated on the towel rack, which would have been an obvious place to look first. I slung a towel around my hair too and walked back into my bedroom. I went through to my wardrobe and grab an outfit for the day. I got changed into my red skinny jeans, black Aerosmith sleeveless shirt and a plain black hoodie. I released the towel from my hair and put it into its usual bun. I put my eyeliner on and made weird pouty faces in the mirror mimicking the Facebook pictures of almost every girl in my year.

I walked downstairs to find my mum rushing around everywhere, so far I've gathered that she has an important meeting she can't miss or be late to. I didn't even have to chance to go to the kitchen to have breakfast before she was throwing my bag over my shoulder and dragging me out of the door. She drove a lot faster than normal and didn't even try to communicate to anyone who was ringing any of her phones. This meeting must really be important. I didn't dare put the radio in case she snapped at me, she does that when she gets stressed, it's not a pretty sight.

"Are you going or what?" She shouted at me as she pulled up in the usual place. I sighed and slammed the car door behind me. I walked the rest of the way to school in silence, my head was still pounding and I had no idea why. For once I was early to school, this was definitely weird. I walked into my empty form room and slammed my bag on the table. I sat on top of my desk, watching life pass by out of the window. I didn't realise how long I had been staring aimlessly until the rest of my class started piling in.

"You're gonna break the table if you're not careful." Harry yelled across the room behind my back. The rest of the class that was present laughed in response, I, however wasn't going to stoop to his level and fight back. I rolled my eyes, not even bothering to turn around.

"I can hear it creaking." Louis seemed to joke, at my expense. I rolled my eyes again thinking how pathetic they were, when are they going to grow up?

"Delilah, get off the table." Our teacher said as soon as he walked through the door. I hoped down and onto my seat with little enthusiasm. "Thank you." He proceeded to take the register whilst I mindlessly started to doodle on the already graffiti covered table. "Can you raise your hand if you're coming to parents evening tonight so we have a rough idea of numbers please." He asked, I turned to face the class, everyone but me had their hands high in the air or slightly raised above their desks. I noticed a certain group of eyes on me like they were waiting for me to put my hand up. I saw Zayn whisper something to Harry which in turn he smirked at, clearly about me, he was looking right at me as he said it. Probably some stupid joke about how I don't have parents or something obscure. "Delilah, won't you be coming?" Our teacher asked. I turned around to face him and answered;

"Oh I'll be there." I replied confidently and turning around to smirk at the 'populars' who had confusion written all over their faces. I don't know why I replied so confidently, I wasn't confident about going, in fact I was dreading it, I just wanted to shut them up.

"You know, you don't actually have to go." I said, trying to persuade my parents it was a waste of time.

"Don't be silly." My dad replied, fastening his tie. My parents had decided to dress up, for parents evening. Everyone else's parents will be in casual clothes and then there's my mum in a Vera Wang dress and my dad in a Gucci suit. I however looked the odd one out as always, maybe if I stood a couple feet behind them people won't assume I'm related to them. I tightened the bun on the back of my head while waiting for my parents to finish getting ready. I began to stare aimlessly at the converse on my feet, they're so comfy, why would anyone want to cause unnecessary pain by wearing heels?

"I wish you'd dress up a little more." My mum sighed.

"We're meeting my teachers, not the Queen." I retorted.

"Hey hey, watch the attitude." My dad moaned whilst fixing my mums diamond necklace. I rolled my eyes as usual in response.

"What I meant was, those jeans are old, they have holes in the knees, and you could have at least found a clean pair."

"The holes are supposed to be there, and they were clean ... 5 days ago." I joked, however my mum didn't find it funny and gave me her usual disapproving look.

"Go, change, now." My mum demanded.

"We'll be late." I said in a sing song tone.

"I don't care, you're not wearing them." I lazily stood up and dragged myself upstairs to find some different jeans. "And not your bright green ones!" My mum shouted up after me.

"Okay!" I shouted back with no enthusiasm. I found my bright green skinny jeans thrown under my bed, I was going to wear them and hopefully my mum would tell me to wait in the car or something but it looked like my cat had been sleeping on them and left me a nice little fur layer. I slung them into the washing basket and entered my closet. I sighed as I flicked through the clothes, all my best skinny jeans were in the wash. I found an old black pair hiding in the back. I quickly put them on, I didn't realise how tight they would be. I looked in the mirror and laughed at myself, staring intently at my butt. "Wow, my butt looks good in these." I said aloud to myself.

"Your butt always looks good." My mum said making me jump while leaning against my door frame.

"Mum, you should have knocked, that's rude." I gasped, feeling my cheeks getting redder and redder.

"The door was wide open, and it's true, you have a great butt." She smiled at me. I just groaned in response, not wanting to have a conversation about my butt.

"Ready?" My dad asked, holding the front door wide open allowing the cold autumn breeze to fill the house.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I said, whilst walking past him.

"It'll all be over in an hour." My mum said, trying to reassure me.

"Is there something you're trying to hide? Bad grades?" My dad asked while we all climbed into the car.

"Not exactly." I'm hiding you, I thought. The rest of the car journey was filled with my mum and dad discussing business therefore I wasn't allowed the radio on, so I hummed to myself.

"What song are you humming?" My mum questioned stopping her original conversation.

"Merry Christmas, Kiss my Ass." I replied in monotone.

"Who the heck sings that? And it's only September!" My dad said raising his voice.

"All Time Low, and I don't care, it's perfect to listen to all year round." I replied, getting annoyed that he doesn't appreciate my music taste.

"All Time Low? Why can't you listen to normal bands like your cousin Jazmine? What's her favourite band, the one with those 5 young boys? Oh what are they called?" My dad said. Normal bands? They're a normal; just because they don't have 24/7 radio play doesn't mean they're not normal.

"Oh, The Wanted." My mum cut in. I rolled my eyes, I couldn't stand their music, it wasn't for me, I prefer pop punk or punk rock.

Eventually we pulled into the car park, already I saw a couple staring at our car, not every average family has a huge Rangerover with alloy wheels. I felt my stomach tighten. I took one last deep breath before climbing out. We walked inside, no-one had seen us yet which was lucky, but how long would that last?

"I'm just going to the toilet." I said and signalling them to wait in the entrance for me to get back. I left them and found the toilet in the dark corridors of the school; it was pretty eerie at night. I had heard this place was haunted, how much of that is true I don't know. I started to wash my hands when the toilet in the far stall flushed by itself. I couldn't help but peer around the door, there was no-one in there. Weird, I thought. I proceeded to dry my hands and left the toilets just as calm as I went in. I dragged my feet along the corridors back to the entrance. When I got there my parents were nowhere to be seen. My stomach tightened into a bigger knot than before. I made my way to the hall doors and peered through. My parents stuck out like two sore thumbs. I sighed heavily, wishing for this to be over already. They were talking to another pair of parents. Perfect. I wanted to just run back to the car but my parents had other ideas.

"Delilah, over here!" My mum shouted, across the hall whilst waving me down. Everyone's eyes focused on us. My cheeks went bright red, I could tell. I started edging my way towards them; my dad took a step back and revealed who they were talking to. I stopped in my tracks; there he was, smirking at me. Why him? Why did my parents have to speak to his parents? Anyone but him I thought. I slowly made my way towards them, sending dagger eyes at Harry. As I approached them my dad flung his arm around my shoulder.

"Here's my little girl." My dad said. I saw Harry trying to hold back his laughter whilst I was fighting back my fists. I'm not a violent person he was just eating away at every nerve in my body. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 2.3K 15
Paul's daughter is getting into some trouble at school. Paul decided that she should go on tour with the boys to try and keep an eye on her. What hap...
5.3K 229 24
4 girls tricked by a fake Harry Styles kik account and a new friendship that stars between these 4 girls! After a while there dreams come true includ...
2.1K 4 29
.
530 56 17
things don't always go the way you planned