I'm Not Your Average Girl, Ha...

By kixrsty

Delilah's the only girl in school not falling head over heels for Harry, but as things change stranger things... More

Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.

Chapter 1.

648K 3.4K 629
By kixrsty

Copyright © 2012 AllTimeNutella

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delilah's POV

"Delilah, you're going to be late for school." My mum said as she emerged into my room at 6 in the morning. She drew back the curtains letting the blinding sunset seep through the windows. I groaned in response, I hated school and I was never eager to start the day. "Come on, up now." She hollered at me whilst flinging back my duvet which caused me to shiver.

"Noo." I groaned again while trying to pull back the duvet but I was too weak in the morning and my mum quickly walked off with it. I had no choice to get up now. I wandered over to my walk in wardrobe and browsed over the clothes nearer the entrance and turning my nose up at all of them. They were the clothes my parents bought me; they have never understood my fashion choices and probably never will. I carried on walking through until I reached the section of the wardrobe where I kept the clothes I actually wear. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a Glamour Kills jumper and headed for the shower. I stepped into my en suite to see our maid had tied up, I'm not a very tidy person so I guess I should be grateful we have a maid, but honestly I hate it. I walked into the shower and let the jets hit my body awakening me for the day. I washed my hair and wrapped a towel around myself before appearing back in my room. I stood in front of the mirror wondering what to do with my hair today but as usual, I decided on my everyday hairstyle. I combed through my long dark brown hair and blow dried it. I combed the remaining tangles out and put it back out of the way in its usual messy bun on the back of my head. I changed into my chosen outfit and flopped on my bed hoping today would be over already. I peered over at my dresser and saw my clock read 7, I jumped up unenthusiastically and straightened out my clothes. I dawdled my way downstairs and carried on towards the kitchen where my mum and dad were already eating breakfast.

"Oh, dear." My mum spoke as she walked over to me and inspected my outfit. I rolled my eyes at her daily remark. "We've bought you so many nice clothes but you always choose to wear the same things."

"Maybe because I don't like the clothes you buy me." I stated matter-of-factly whilst perching up on a bar stool under the table.

"But they would suit you so well." She gushed.

"They wouldn't suit me, they would suit you." I said, shovelling a pancake in my mouth.

"Now don't be like that and eat like the lady you are." She replied as she sipped her tea and making the extra effort of sticking her pinky finger in the air. I rolled my eyes again, I wasn't much of a lady and I definitely didn't take after my mum.

"Your eyes will fall out if you continue to roll them." My dad interjected. He gave me a disapproving look peering over the top of his newspaper. I ignored his comment and continued to eat the pancakes our cook had made fresh this morning. "Right, I better go, see you later." My dad spoke as he gave my mum a quick peck on the lips and me a peck on the cheek. "Have a good day at school." He pointed at me with a stern glare. "And have a good day at work honey." He said towards my mum whilst he straightened his tie in the mirror and brushed the remains of his breakfast of his Giorgio Armani suit. I heard the front door slam shut and his range rover reverse down the driveway. I watched my mum wave him off, she stood there elegantly in her sapphire dress and heels. My mum was beautiful, another reason why I didn't take after her.

"Right, we better go too, we don't want you being late to school." She spoke, picking up one of her many handbags.

"Yeah, we wouldn't want that." I replied sarcastically. I grabbed my school satchel and my iPhone which was lying on the dresser in the hallway.

"Ready?" My mum asked, opening the front door. I nodded, not even making the effort to respond properly. "Sinitta, don't forget Charles is at vets today and needs picking up at 5." She called out to our house keeper. I forgot Charles our cat was at the vet, no wonder the house seemed quiet, I despise the fact my mother got to name the cat. I dragged my rugged converses along the driveway until I reached the passenger seat of my mums Chrysler. I pulled sharply on the handle and sighed as I took my seat.

"High school is supposed to be one of the best times of your lives, those moments you're going to look back on when you're older and smile." My mum said as she elegantly slid into the driver's seat.

"Not for everyone." I mumbled.

"What was that?" She asked as she turned the ignition on.

"Nothing." I responded while turning my attention towards the radio. I set it to the radio station I always listen to. PunkRockFm, my mum despises it but she knows she can change it over when I get out in 10 minutes. I continued to stare out the window and mindlessly tap my fingers along to the radio throughout the journey. My mum's blackberry went off several times on the way, all business calls as usual.

"Are you sure you don't want dropping off outside of school?" My mum asked.

"I'm sure." I sighed as I closed the door. She asked me the same question every day; she has done now for 5 years. I watched her drive off into the busy traffic lurking ahead whilst I placed my headphones in my ears and turned on my Simple Plan playlist. I walked the remaining 20 minutes to school dreading the day ahead. I hated school with a passion, I was always the target for the vile jokes or stupid practical jokes, it would be even worse if they knew about my home life. No-one knows my parents are ridiculously rich and I plan to keep it that way until I can leave London and live by myself in the middle of no-where so I can do as I please. My father's an entrepreneur, I'm not entirely sure what he does but he seems to ring in the money like no tomorrow. My mother, she's a fashion designer and also has a high income. They're like the perfect couple and then there's me, I don't seem to fit in with their happy family. I'm not spoilt; I refuse to have anything extravagate. I make my mum drop me off far away from school so no-one sees the car, people would only ask questions. No-one at school as ever seen or even met my parents and I plan to keep it that way. In fact no-one at school actually knows anything about me except my name but apparently that is still enough to judge me. I've been at this school for 5 years now and I don't have a single friend, I've never had a boyfriend and no-one knows anything about me except my name. I probably seem lonely and awkward right? That's not strictly true, I prefer to keep myself to myself, I don't trust anyone and sometimes I can be really sarcastic if I don't like them. The only company I need is music and that's all I've got, well except Charles, but I can't bring him to school.

I crossed the school yard ignoring the sniggers and stares eating away at my back. This is my last year, I thought to myself. We had only been back at school 2 days since the summer holiday and I was begging for it to be October already so we could have 2 weeks away from this place. I entered the main building and headed towards the library to pick up the book I had begun reading yesterday. I would have signed it out but I already had the maximum taken out. Luckily today I remember to bring some of the books that were sat at home collecting dust, well that would be if they were allowed to collect dust, my mum is also a clean freak, and however she doesn't actually clean herself. I searched all around for the book I was dying to continue, I managed to find it, unfortunately it was already in someone else's hands. I sighed and spun around on my heels to only spin straight back around once I saw the 'popular' group of school goers heading in my direction. I started to walk in the opposite direction, and down an aisle of books. I glanced over the books but my attention was drawn to the end of the aisle where the group had now formed. I gave them a quick glance and walked down the aisle and turned onto the next one, for some reason they thought it would be funny to follow me. I took no notice of them and grabbed a book of the top shelf, pulling my jumper over my bare stomach as I reached up. I flicked through a couple of pages before I noticed eyes burning into my back. I hadn't noticed a group of people had formed a semicircle around me.

"Hey, where are you going? We were enjoying reading that." The curly hair, leader of the group called after me as I walked away. I quickly signed the book out and continued towards the exit of the library.

"You know, you really shouldn't walk away from us." The one with sleek black hair shouted at me. I didn't really care what he had to say, I carried on making my way towards the door.

"Oi." One of their little princess' as I called them, with their bright blonde hair and excessive amount of foundation shouted at me. I rolled my eyes and continued out the door. I could hear them still shouting at me but I couldn't care less, I was used to it, they had pretty much done it since we were at this school. I walked into my form room and took a seat at the far side of the room near the window and flicked through the pages of my book. The bell rang seconds later and the normal chatter filled the room. Our form tutor came in, unorganised as usual and somehow managed to take the register, even with all the noise happening around the room. As usual, the 'populars' as they liked to be known as waltzed in without a care in the world, lucky for them our form tutor was practically scared of them, like the rest of the school. The blonde one walked in first, also known as Niall and what I had learnt over the past years; he was Irish. Next came the one with sleek black hair who constantly lived in front of the mirror, otherwise known as Zayn. Louis walked in next, through gossip I had heard he was the 'joker' one and I could tell from the way he acted in lessons, I never really found him funny but that could be because all the jokes he played seemed to involve me. Liam and his dishevelled hair appeared next in the room, I didn't really know anything about him, but I still had my reasons to dislike him, he was one of them. And finally in came Mr. Popular himself; Harry Styles. I despise him with every ounce of my body. He walked with so much swagger he looked cocky. His dark brown curls bounced as he walked down the aisles of tables until he eventually found his seat, surrounded by the rest of the group and all his admiring girls. He could be famous or something with the way girls ogle over him, but not me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 4 29
.
298K 6.8K 37
(Chapters get better and longer) What happens when a girl is switched at birth with a girl who's parents live in America? Well, 16 years later Jamie...
2.3M 36.4K 100
Harry Styles and Liam Payne go to Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School in Cheshire along with Zayn Malik their school is taking part in an exchange wit...
653 14 21
Abby and Emily know their school isn't normal. When they're called upon to protect high profile targets, they're thrown into a world of danger.