My Redneck Angel

By RainieUndead

Mia Asbury is a 28 year old single mom from Louisiana, whilst visiting Virginia for work leaving her 2 year o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
**Authors Note**
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
**Authors Note**
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
IMPORTANT NOTICE (Please Read)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 - Its now or never.
Chapter 42
Chapter 43- Indentations
Chapter 44- "I Love You"
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47- "Girly Scent"
Chapter 48
Chapter 49- A Broken Red Neck
Chapter 50- Down By The Creek.
Chapter 51- Bruises
Chapter 52
Chapter 53- Jealous Dixon
Chapter 54 - What If?
Chapter 55- Everything to lose
Chapter 56- Nightmares Sprung to life.
Chapter 57 -Cornered
Chapter 58 - Loaded Gun
Chapter 59- Drama and Dreams
Chapter 60- The Little Things
Chapter 61- Crave
Chapter 62 -Bad Dreams
Chapter 63 - These Walls
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67 - Me and My Girls
Chapter 68
Chapter 69- Saviours
Chapter 70 - I got you
Chapter 71 - Its time
ANNOUCMENT
Chapter 72 - Family

Chapter 64- Protector

1.3K 28 8
By RainieUndead

Sorry for any mistakes...

Mia's P.O.V

With practice these Alexandrian's were getting better and it was only a matter of time before we hit a bump in the road and had to stop to handle it. It'd been about 2 weeks since I went outside the walls disobeying Daryl but we had a bigger threat, there was this huge quarry full of walkers and they were threatening to head this way. Rick devised a plan and of course it was always gonna include Daryl.

Today they wanted to do a practice run and I get that but I was still nervous as hell. Daryl was riding up front on his motorcycle beside Sasha and Abe who'd be in a car beside him leading the walkers and the rest would of on the sidelines keeping them going in the right direction. They used spare panels from the walls and any vehicle that could withstand some damage.

"It's a practice run, I'll be back before you know it." Daryl mumbled pecking my lips.

"You better come back to me Dixon." I sighed pressing my lips to his again.

"Promise."

I gave him a small smile before he hopped on his bike and they all headed out, most of the Alexandrian's were a bit restless with this plan they still didn't agree on authority being granted to Rick but Deanna knew she had done the right thing, we all did.

"Hey." Jessie smiled approaching me.

"Hey, how's Sam?"

"Still distant."

"I'm sorry, it must be tough. I couldn't imagine being a kid in all of this."

She squeezed my shoulder, "I couldn't imagine doing what your doing."

I looked down at my small bump that wasn't much bigger , I gave a faint smile before saying my goodbye and heading back to the house. She was right though any normal sane person wouldn't be doing this in a world that's the way it is now.

The day dragged and I tried my best to occupy myself but there wasn't much I could do. I leant up against the kitchen counter looking out onto Alexandria furrowing my eyes when I realised there were people inside our walls who weren't part of this community.

"Oh fuck...."

"Got that right."

I spun around coming face to face with this foul smelling poor excuse for a human with a W on his forehead. I swallowed the large lump in my throat quickly unsheathing my knife. He had a sick grin on his face that I couldn't quite understand ,what on earth were they planning on doing?

"Already repopulating what a Damn shame." He sniggered.

"You stay the hell away from me." I snarled.

He lunged at me knocking me down but impaling himself right on my knife and with an good twist it was enough to take him down. Son of a bitch.

"Shit..." I sighed stumbling to my feet.

"Need a hand?"

My eyes widened seeing another guy with W on his forehead grinning at me and before I could grab the knife he was lunging at me which caused me to fall and backing myself away in panic.

"Please...just leave me alone." I begged.

"Now don't beg..." He smirked.

Quickly I stumbled to my feet tackling him and managed to get outside unharmed before loosing my footing and slipping down the small steps on the porch hitting my head on the last step.

"Move!"

I ducked out of the way only to be met with the lifeless body of the guy trying to attack me bleeding out beside me. Looking up Ruby stood there breathing frantically still pointing her gun at the guy with her eyes wide.

"Thank you..." I breathed.

"Shit your head." She panicked.

I touched my forehead gently my hand coming back covered in blood, carefully Ruby helped me up and we made our way around Alexandria helping out as best we good with what little weapons we had before Carol found us handing out guns.

"You shouldn't be out here." She said reluctantly giving me a gun.

"Gotta help out though right?"

"Ruby you stay with her." Carol ordered before heading off.

Me and Ruby also took off running into our fair share of these people and not to mention the bodies of some of the Alexandrian's, I guess there won't be a baby shower now? Once the bloodshed was over and Ruby insisted I went to see Denise who after loosing Pete stepped up as the doctor figure with Hershel for help of course.

"How'd you manage this?"

"Slipped on the steps on the porch." I groaned as she cleaned my cut.

"Not in pain anywhere?"

"I'm fine."

She gave a faint smile and pushed her glasses up before continuing to dress the cut, she knew how to do the job but she just needed the confidence and honestly I could see Tara was giving her that helping hand.

"Michonne and some of the others are back, they had to do the real thing no practice run."

"What?"

"It went wrong and some of them are still out there and half the heard broke off."

My heart felt like it was in my throat, "Oh god."

"I'm sure everything's fine." Tara comforted.

"Oh god..." I hissed clutching my stomach.

"Just get some rest I've cleaned and dressed your head, try not to worry." Denise advised.

"C'mon We can go see Jessie." Ruby smiled helping me up.

The slight trauma was already starting to make my body ache as we made our way over to Jessie's and thankfully with the rest of the group cleaning up the mess these intruders made I did as Denise said and rested up.

"Mia wake your ass up!" Ruby yelled shaking my frantically.

"Jesus Christ!" I snapped.

"Walkers... Th-they're everywhere." She panicked.

"Where's Jessie?"

"She went outside to help Rick and the others."

I let out a slow shaky breath before sitting myself up, "We're gonna be fine, Rick will have plan."

Ruby's head snapped road at the sound of Judith crying, "We gotta shut her up!"

"I've got it, just look out for the others." I muttered heading off to grab Judith.

Scooping her little body up she instantly calmed latching to me my hands holding her in tightly but  comfortably. Her soft coos reassured me she was happy, slowly bobbing her up and down until I heard all the noise downstairs meaning either Walkers or the group.

"What happened?" I asked joining them all.

"The tower fell took down the fence." Jessie breathed.

Rick was instantly checking over Judith before placing a loving kiss to her head, Deanna was injured and apparently bitten so she was helped upstairs by Michonne whilst me and Ruby stayed in the front room on look out but these walkers were coming in one way or another.

But the last thing I thought I'd be doing was smearing walker guts all over ourselves to be unnoticed by the walkers. As crazy as it sounded It was the only chance ,Rick came up with a plan of leaving and going back to the quarry leaving Judith with Gabriel in the church.

"We gotta move." I complained looks at the walkers around us why they all stood making a plan.

We carried on and the terror racking through me was almost unbearable I know I'd been bit before but having them right up in our faces is a different experience, didn't surprise me that Sam was struggling.

"Sam listen to your mom you can do this." I reassured.

"I want to...." He whispered, before being engulfed in walkers.

"SAM!!!" Jessie screamed,

"Jessie no! C'mon!" I pleaded with Carl trying to get her to move.

It was no use with her holding onto Carl and the walkers already latched onto her Rick freed him using his axe to slice through her arm but it didn't come without consequences, First his dad, then Sam now his mom? Ron just lost it...

"You!" He growled pointing the gun at Rick and firing.

Rick managed to move just enough to miss the shot but it wasn't without consequences. Carl turned slowly revealing a bloody hole where his eye should been, Michonne didn't give it a seconds thought before ramming her katana through Rons torso.

"Dad?" Carl slurred,

"Carl!" Rick screamed catching him before he fell.

"We gotta move!" Ruby yelled snapping Rick out of it.

I'd never seen Rick so scared in my life within  seconds he scooped Carl's limp body up and was running for his life behind Michonne and Ruby who were clearing the path whilst I stayed behind them all watching their backs.

"Shit..." I muttered seeing Maggie surrounded.

"Mia move!" Ruby yelled.

"I gotta help Maggie!" I said bolting off towards Maggie.

With the continuous shooting and barely thinning this small herd around Maggie I was loosing ammo fast I knew I had an upper hand with these things but with this many they'd eat me alive in seconds. Luckily a Korean made an appearance.

"Boy am I glad to see you." I puffed taking out more walkers.

"Go you aren't suppose to be here!" He snapped.

"Glenn!" Maggie cried the walkers almost tipping the platform she was on.

"You need my help so deal with it."

"Enid's got Maggie we just gotta get them away from the platform." Glenn informed.

"C'mon over here!!" I screamed shooting all the walkers in my sight.

The walkers were cornering us and I was out of ammo and by the looks of things so was Glenn so we had to use anyway possible to keep these things away from us and honestly I don't think there's a way to get out of this one.

"GLENN!" Maggie screamed.

"Stay behind me!" I shouted to Glenn hitting an on coming walker with the handle of my gun.

"Mia no!" Glenn pleaded.

Tackling a small group of walkers I pushed as far as I good getting a good distance before multiply  gunshots fired and all the walkers around us were now limp on the floor. It didn't hit me as soon as it should of but what I did was clearly insane.

"Are you crazy!" Glenn snapped grabbing my arm.

"Your alive aren't you?" I muttered.

Daryl's p.o.v

The damn town was a bloody massacre, bodies scattered anywhere you could find em. What was left of us were gathered all outside one house out looking the mess whilst I was on Doctors ordered being cleaned up.

"Where's Mia?" I asked Hershel who was cleaning my shoulder wound.

"I couldn't tell you." He said cluelessly.

"Daryl?! Daryl!" A panicked voice called.

"Mia slow the hell down!" Glenn's voice barked.

I turned my head to see Mia bursting through the door covered in nothing other than blood before she collapsed onto me her arms latching to me tightly muffling her cries in my neck. I couldn't make out a damn word she was blabbing I was just happy she was safe.

"She's bitten." Denise said peering over her glasses at Mia.

I looked at Denise and then to Mia who was already examining herself before her big eyes connected with mine, you could see the worry swirling around in her eyes not for herself but for our baby.

"Daryl." She whimpered.

"Let's go somewhere more private." Hershel said calmly.

Slowly I followed Hershel and Mia into the next room and Mia was already getting herself in a state. Hershel did a thorough examination luckily only the one bite and a few cuts and scrapes but it wasn't enough to settle her.

"Could I lose it? Do you think that can happen?" She babbled.

"I can't really say, it depends how your body deals with the virus. Just remember you weren't conscious the first time you got bit this could be completely different."

"Yah gonna be fine." I reassured tucking some of her hair behind her ear.

"It'd be wise to let everyone know your not a threat to them, in the mean time I'd rest."

"Can yah give us a minute?" I asked.

"I'll let the others know and give you your space."

"Thank you, I mean it." She said quietly.

He gave a small nod before leaving the room. I stood silently for a moment just watching her run her fingers through her hair looking concerned. There wasn't much we could do when you think about it although the last thing I want is to lose this baby.

"Why were yah out there? Putting yourself in danger?" I questioned lifting her chin.

"Maggie and Glenn they needed help."

"It weren't your place."

"Maggie's pregnant, I know they would of done the same." She sighed.

"C'mere." I mumbled pulling her into me.

"When Ruby told me you were doing the real run... I was so scared."

"I'm here ain't I?"

"Yeah, but for how long?" She asked looking up at me.

"Stop." I muttered.

"Do you know how it feels every time I see you leave these walls knowing that one day it's gonna be the last time I see you alive?" She babbled.

"Do you know how It feels?! It's not just you anymore I gotta protect , I'm constantly worrying about you both, worrying about staying alive? Nah you don't! Everything Im doing is for both you and our baby! Yet yah still gone and put yourself In Danger and now you could lose it." I yelled.

"Daryl I..."

"Don't..." I breathed heavily.

"I'm sorry."

I ran my hands through my hair tugging at the ends slightly, "I have this protectiveness over you that I ain't ever been able to control and now there's this little life inside of yah that I help put  there and you go doing shit like that!" I huffed.

I looked up slightly seeing her stare at the floor, "I'm..."

Quickly I moved closer to her cupping her face, "You got a power over me and it ain't just cause of her."

I watched her big eyes look up into mine, "I had to help them."

Kissing her head and pulling her little body into mine, "Let's get yah home."

Although Alexandria was a shit-hole everyone was shattered and I'm sure the clear up could resume in the morning. As soon as Mia's head hit the pillow she was out of it but How could I possibly sleep when there's this virus flowing through her veins?

"Daryl..." She groaned.

"Yah alright just relax." I reassured

"It's burning..." She whined gripping the sheets.

I pressed my hand to her forehead and then proceeded to run my fingers through her hair, she was burning up I didn't know what the hell to do. After about an hour of her body temperature still rising also with my worry I took matters into my own hands.

"Yah alright, I got you." I mumbled carrying her bridal style into the bathroom.

Slowly I placed her in the tub shortly joining her having her body curled up into mine whilst turning on the shower to run the cool water over her body. If you'd of asked me before this damn outbreak I'd be sitting in a tub naked with a pregnant women I'd of laughed in your damn face.

"I'm sorry." She trembled wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Price I pay I suppose, can't leave you anywhere."

Mia's P.O.V

Shortly after Daryl cooled me down in the tub he had me standing at the side of the bed whilst he sat and dressed the bite mark. His face showed me everything I really needed to know he wasn't happy especially seeing all my scarring from previous wounds.

"Better?" He asked looking up at me with his hair falling in his face.

I nodded just watching him, he packed away the first aid kit shoving it in the bed side table before turning back to me giving me a blank expression as I stood there holding my shirt up still. Softly I felt Daryl's large hands rest on my hips before he pulled me closer to him giving my stomach a quick peck.

"Your becoming a soft touch Dixon." I muttered pulling my shirt down and joining him on the bed.

"I know." He mumbled laying down.

"I love you." I groaned as a laid beside him.

He looked at me from the corner of his eyes, "Yeah?"

"Of course I do, who wouldn't?"

"I could name a few." He muttered,

"No I love you too?"

"Yah don't need to me to say it, you already know I do."

"True." I hummed resting my head on his chest,

Gently he rubbed his hand up and down my side,"Still warm."

"I wonder how long the fever is gonna last."

"As long as you ain't in any pain."

"You'd know about it don't worry."

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Another day another update, I hope that chapter wasn't to crap but I'm really enjoying writing it at the moment. Just seeing the change is Daryl is interesting. Also this chapter is dedicated to quin-tanah  for being supportive and pointing our errors is past chapters, please go check out her Daryl Dixon story I'm already hooked on it! ~Rainie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.5K 1.5K 48
Romance should be the last thing on her mind once the world ended- and it was... until she met Daryl Dixon. While trying to adapt to the way the new...
75 1 17
A 15r old girl named jay has lost her farther due to a outbreak. As she survives on her own and meets others, will she ever find love. We she survive...
1.4K 39 11
rory has a rocky life before the outbreak and even during it. she grew up with no mom or mother figures in her life. she had a abusive dad who consta...
4.7K 77 33
(REVAMP AND REPUBLISH OF THIS STORY) (ACTIVELY UPDATING) When a young female marine finds herself helping an old creep named Merle handcuffed to a ro...