Getting Even with Mr.Bad Boy...

By hypnotizingsparks

❝I can't abandon the person I used to be, so I carry her.❞ _________________________________ Sophia Brava, hi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Phone Call
Chapter 2: Home Again
Chapter 3: I'm Back Bitches
Chapter 4: The New Girl
Chapter 5: Dozen of Eggs
Chapter 6: Bad Boy Angry
Chapter 7: Friends
Chapter 8: Fashion Show
Chapter 9: A Certain Brunnete
Chapter 10: Awkward Moments and Favors
Chapter 11: Car Ride Home
Chapter 12: Chocolate
Chapter 13: Staying Over
Chapter 14: Bad Boy Cooks
Chapter 15: Angel
Chapter 16: Reminiscing
Chapter 17: The Sad Truth
Chapter 18: Dancing with the Bad Boy
Chapter 19: Teasing
Chapter 20: Mystery Guy
Chapter 21: Sibling Rivalary
Chapter 22: Dancing and Twinkling Lights
Chapter 23: Running Into
Chapter 24: A Bad Liar
Chapter 25: In the Spotlight
Chapter 26: Rants
Chapter 27: Best Served Cold
Chapter 28: Eyes Talk
Chapter 29: Please I'm A King
Chapter 30: Shooting Stars
Chapter 31: Made of Glass
Chapter 33: Lovebirds
Chapter 34: Time
Chapter 35: Wild At Heart
Chapter 36: Camp Fires
Chapter 37: Some Nights (1)
Chapter 38: Some Nights (2)
Chapter 39: Still Standing
Chapter 40: Red
Chapter 41: Vulnerable
Chapter 42: Demeanor
Chapter 43: Intriguing
Chapter 44: Heaven
Chapter 45: Slipping Away
Epilogue
Author's Note
The Aces
Getting Even with My Enemy| Book 2

Chapter 32: Cooking Disaster

2.7K 81 1
By hypnotizingsparks

Chapter 32

(Sophia's pov)

I press the twenty-fourth button on the elevator and then close the elevator doors. I look up to the asending numbers above the doors, waiting impatiently for the numbers to turn fifteen. I tap my foot against the floor and debate what to cook for dinner.

Ding!

The elevator doors open and someone walks in, I look back to my phone and catch up with Claire.

She asked about where I disappeared last night and why I didn't text her back once I came back to the hotel. I swear this girl is like my mom but more over protective. I change the topic to over to what else I should cook besides my famous lasagna and chocolate layered cake.

I hear someone clear their throat beside me and I look upto the culprit. There stands Noah in all his glory. He slightly smirks at me and waves his hand at me. I groan while look up at the ceiling of the elevator.

'Why does this always happen?'

Noah stood there staring at the elevator doors, with his aviator sunglasses on. One of his hands were hanging off this pant pockets and the other scrolling through his phone. He stood there with a care in the world, when literally his ex is standing there right beside him.

'Isn't this what you wanted, Noah to leave you alone, then why are you so offended for you got what you wanted' My inner concious says to me.

Yeah! Why am I offended for, I got what I wanted and I shouldn't worry about such tribal matter like these. I have bigger problems at my hand. Like finishing that project Ms. Tate said was going to be due once I get back to LA. And starting the preparations for dinner tonight.

I look back at the ascending numbers and see it reached the fifteenth floor and more people started piling in. I move sideways towards Noah to let people in the elevator. The doors close and Noah puts his phone back in his pocket. I stand there awkwardly waiting for my floor. I look upto the elevator numbers to see the elevator is going up the floors a lot slower since many people are getting on and off.

A lady lightly shoved my shoulder trying to get off and I hit my shoulder against Noah's, muttering sorry to him. The next floor a handsome guy who looked about in his early twenties, stood next to me and picked up a small conversation with me and to avoid the awkwardness between Noah and me, I talked back.

The guy left a few floors later just after inviting me to a small party, his boss was throwing and I said I'll think about going. The two floors was going to be my floor, so I sent a quick text to Lucus telling him I'm almost there. I lean again the wall once the elevator become more spacious, forgetting Noah was still there.

"So are you going?" A voice spoke up. I look up from my phone to see Noah leaning against the opposite wall from mine.

I furrow my eyebrows at his question and he clarifies himself.
"Are you going to the party?"

I raise my eyebrows at him and say "Why do you care?"

He chuckles softly at me and shrugs one shoulder. "I don't, I was just asking" he says while looking upto the ascending numbers.

I squint my eyes at his every move and then say, "I don't know, I might"

"Oh ok" he says passively.

Ding!

He stands up from his spot and then says, "My floor," then salutes me, while walking out.

'Weird'

********

"What took you so long?" Lucus says as I walk into his office.

I ignore his question and say looking at my notes on my phone, "So should I cook ravioli with the lasagna or just order some Dominos pizza"

"Both" he says without hesitantion.

"Where were you? And how did you find out where I work?" Lucus says to me curiously and closes his laptop as I take a seat on one of the two seats in front of his desk.

"Well I was in the elevator, and this guy invited to me to this party he said his boss was throwing. And this bring me to how you-" I say cutting myself, pointing at him and Lucus points at himself innocently with his eyebrows up.

"-didn't tell me you are the Luciano Rivers, the heir of Rivers Corporations and the inventor of the future holographic computer coming out"

"I love how you say my name. Luciano." Lucus says and winks at me. I roll my eyes at him and his attempt to change the topic.

"Stop changing topics" I say sternly.

" Well let's say I didn't want you thinking I was some computer nerd and I didn't want to be treated differently, there's more to me than you think " Lucus says, dropping the act.

I get up from my seat and walk around his desk to mess up his combed back hair, placing my purse on the office chair, "But you are a computer nerd!"

He sways my hand away and fixes his hair. "See this is exactly what I was talking about."

"So what, I think your forgetting I'm also a computer genius too, I mean like I'm not just some air headed brunette and please don't act dumb at school, I honestly thought you were dumb based out you act, you really should become an actor."

"Yeah I know, your beauty with brains. " he says to lighten up the mood and winks at me. I roll my eyes at him and pick up my purse from my seat.

"Come on now, your in charge with the ingredients." I say and start to make my way out the door with Lucus right behind me.

*******

It's weird how the little moments are the ones you remember most in just a few years. Like when you first have your first sleepover, your first kiss, or even your first break up. These moments stay with you forever till you grow old and start to have back pain.

Over the year, I slowly began to realize where I want to be in life and what truly makes me happy. Which is when I'm with my friends and family. These moments stay with you forever and when you do grow old, you always remember these little things like a ongoing video in your brain.

'Sophia you don't even make any sense' my concious tells me.

'Ohh please it's not me talking it's you' I talk back.

I glance to my right to see Lucus drooling all over my car window. And I instantly roll my eyes at him.

'He's like a little child. I'll make him clean my window later.'

I slightly smile at myself and lean a bit foreward towards the steering wheel, looking at the signs on the highway.

'Springdale Valley in 1/4 mile'

I shift the car to the next lane and then slowly make my way off the highway and towards the exit. I hit a bump in the road and I hear a groan beside me and I instantly glance at Lucus.

He rubs his eyes and straightens up from his seat while wiping the drool off his face.

"Oh look your awake, we're here" I say to him all in the while of pulling into the parking lot of Whole Foods.

I look around for a parking spot and found on near the entrance and park my car. I get out of the car and stretch my arms from the long car ride from Lucus's office. I bend down to see Lucus taking off his tie and unbuttoning the first button of his shirt. He runs his hand through the his hair and gets out of the car once noticing my presence.

"Shall we?" He says with a smile on his face.

I lock the car doors and start to make my way in the grocery, when Lucus catches up and wraps his arm around my shoulder. We walk in and I get a cart for the ingredients. I stand on the step of the cart and Lucus comes from behind and holds me up secure and pushes the cart.

"So first things first, we have to get a cake mix before I forget about it." I say.

We walk an aisle after many stares from adults. Lucus pushes the cart and I reach for my favorite chocolate cake mix and put it into the cart.

"Hmm how about one more." Lucus says and I raise my eyebrows at him, looking behind me.

"You can never have too much cake." He says and shrugs his shoulders.

I pursue my lips in thought and shrugged one shoulder, "true." And grabed another box.

********

"Lucus...hand me the egg shells" I say calmly has he holds it over the cake batter.

He raises his eyebrows at me and his smirk widen even more, if that was even possible.

"I told you, I'll get you back" he says as he breaks the egg shells even more in his fist over the batter.

I slowly walk over to Lucus and the cake batter, with my hands up. "Now Lucus you don't want to do that."

' This is like that time that girl in that movie tried to stop the terrorist from triggering the bomb inside the plane '

' Really!? Making movie references when Lucus is threatening to your dinner plans ' I say scolding myself.

"Uh uh" he says eyeing my steps closer to the cake batter and him.

I eye the whipped cream on the counter beside me and grab the bottle. Lucus's smirk disappears and then says "Don't you dare, young lady." Waving his finger at me and taking the cake batter and retreats away from me.

I smirk at his expression. And go around the island to threaten Lucus with my finger threatening to release the whipped cream from the bottle.

He backs away from the entrance of the kitchen and skips. Yes literally skips to the fares test corner of the kitchen.

' Oh how I wish I recorded that. Instagram would've loved that. ' I think to myself, imagining all the memes created.

He tries to open the door behind him but the doorknob wouldn't budge, and he mutter something I couldn't hear. Lucus looks over his shoulder at me and then looks around for a plan b but I was blocking his view.

"If you come any closer I will seriously drop these egg shells" he said fast.

I lean against the wall beside me and I watch his with daring eyes. He smirks once again and held the egg shells even closer to the cake batter.

"You better not." I say with a low voice.

I watch him as he looks down to crumpled the shells even more him that was possible, and then looked back up with a huge grin on his face. I step away from the wall and move closer to Lucus.

"Told you you'll regret selling my clothes." And he drops the shells in the cake batter.

I shriek and attack him taking him off guard and tries to run around me, which was impossible cause the two walls where close together to lead to the basement.

I take the bottle of whipped cream and dump a whole bunch on his hair and Lucus stands there with his mouth wide open. I step back looking at my masterpiece and Lucus glares at me with his eyes, where some whipped cream fell on his eyelashes.

He takes a step forward and I take a step back eyeing the ruined cake batter. He takes another step forward and I quickly turn to run away from Lucus.

I run to the sink, almost tripping over my own feet and grap the faucet which can detach and threaten Lucus with it, with my hand daring to turn on the water. He smirks at me and walks foreward going around the island and I raise the faucet a bit higher to show him I'm not kidding but his smirk doesn't falter one bit.

He stops and stands about a feet away. "I'm warning you, don't take another step foreward."

He grins at me and takes another step foreward mocking me. "Stop"

He takes another step and I turn on the water and spray water all over him.

********

Updated chapter! If you guys haven't noticed, I've been trying to make the chapters longer and put even more work into them.

Feel free to ask any questions about the characters. Srry for the late update, I actually finished it a week ago but was debating on how to end the chapter.😕

Q: Should I change my cover?

P.S Check out my other book 'Fates Intertwined.'

Vote + Comment

-T

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 493 23
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...
222K 7.9K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...
25.4K 426 46
One word. Chaos. That's all Nico Valore had brought to my life since the moment I met him. Despite all the pain and heartache, if you asked me to do...
513K 14.6K 55
Finished; September 13th 2019 #10 abuse #10 teenfiction #8 stepdad #6 hope #3 badboys #3 broken #1 escape #1 goodgirl #1 hate #1 stepbrother...