Agent 13 (Book 1)

By Quidam13

"With all due respect sir, adding a new member to this team will only slow us down." "On the contrary, if any... More

Description/Author's note
Prologue-Lost freaking puppy
1. Put your set belts on
2. Now you've done it
3. Was that so hard
4. We need him alive
5. You killed him
6. Now now now liars go to hell
7. Ladies ladies you're both very pretty
8. What exactly did you do
9. And I say good bye
10. You guys suck
AUTHORS NOTE
11. I had quite a few grenades
12. Yeah well get in line
13. That wasn't an earthquake
14. What the hell aren't you telling us
15. We're at a warehouse duh
16. I'm surprised you haven't broken it yet
17. What didn't she do
18. Yeah one flaw with your brilliant plan
19. You know I never got your name
20. Are we allowed to kill civilians
21. I take it back
22. Devin, a gunshot, a TV, and a fly
23. I know how to be subtle
24. I really don't like stalkers
25. Well do something
26. Five...four...three...two...one
27. Now that's no way to greet an old friend
28. But don't push your luck
29. You knew
30. So I can't shoot him again
31. A killer
32. I don't hit girls
33. Make me
34. What are you doing
35. Same color as the stars you'll be seeing shortly
36. I'll plant a rose garden over his remains
37. Let's Party
38. Choose wisely
Not an update...sorry
39. Don't do it
Author's Note
Sequel is Up!
Bonus Chapters

40. I guess so

132K 6.2K 3.7K
By Quidam13

Cody's POV

"Thirteen!" I call out as I make my way up the stairs. I get no reply. "Thirteen!" I yell out again.

I sprint the rest of the way up the stairs as a feeling of dread seeps in. I push open the door to the room she was using. Her dress is laid out neatly across the bed, her heels on the floor in the corner, and the little jewelry she was using placed neatly on the dresser. But no Thirteen.

It's then I notice that the window is open. I walk over and stick my head out, looking down into the darkness of night below.

Where the hell is she?

I make my way out the room and back down the stairs. "Have any of you seen Thirteen?" I question as I enter the main hall.

"No," Chase replies. "Why, is something wrong?"

"I'm not sure yet." I pull my phone from my pocket and dial her number, the familiar robotic voice answers telling me to leave a message. I hang up and redial.

"What?!" Her voice sounds through the phone, her tone hostile and venomous as if she was expecting someone else to call.

"Thirteen?" I question, just to be sure it is, in fact, her, though I'd know her voice anywhere.

"Cody?" Her voice gets quieter, I hear her let out a string of curses under breath. "I got to go." She says simply.

"Wait. Where are you?" I ask, making my way to the front of the house as several black SUVs pull up and agents get out.

"Nowhere." She responds in a clipped tone. "Look, something came up, alright."

"No, not alright. Where are you?" I hear someone call her in the background.

"Give me a sec." She says to me. "I swear if you try to rush me one more time my dagger is going to be protruding from your skull!" She yells to whoever was calling her, her voice is muffled as if she tried to cover the mouthpiece. It's silent on her end.

"Sorry." She says simply. "Cody, I'm busy right now, I'll...I'll call you later ok?"

"What?" I question, trying to figure out what the hell is going on. "You haven't answered my question, where are you?" I ask again. It's silent on her end for a few agonizing seconds before she finally responds, her voice barely above a whisper.

"I got lost."

The line goes dead.

Thirteen's POV

I stare at the blank screen on my phone, wishing Cody would call back, but it doesn't happen. I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"We need to get going." He tells me simply, and I nod silently. I grab his hand on my shoulder and twist it back, satisfied with his yelp of pain.

"Don't ever touch me," I say simply and walk past him, getting into the passenger side. He gets into the driver's seat.

"Why? You let Cody touch you." He spits out Cody's name like it's poison.

I smile internally but don't dare do it in front him since he's never actually seen me smile.

"Jealous much?" I taunt, I see him glare at me from the corner of his eye as he starts the car. He's quiet so I decide to aggravate him further. "If you really gave a damn about me you wouldn't have cheated."

The car comes to a screeching halt and he turns in his seat to stare at me. I examine my nails as if they're the most interesting thing in the world.

"You're absolutely infuriating." He growls out after a moment, his hard gaze burning a hole in my head. I give him one of my cold emotionless glares back.

"Thank you," I say coldly. "I try to be, but I really would like to get going, I don't have all night."

He shakes his head and begins driving again. It's silent for the rest of the car ride. He pulls up in front of the single-story house and gets out of the car, I follow suit.

He grabs hold of my arm. "I've tried." He starts, his voice low and angry. "I've tried everything to get you to forgive me, what more do you want me to do?"

"Jumping head first off a cliff would be nice," I say sharply, yanking my arm from his grasp and making my way up the front steps to the door. I turn to face him after ringing the doorbell. "And it's not what you did, it's what you didn't do."

"And what didn't I do?"

I pull the familiar ring and chain out from my shirt, snapping the chain off from around my neck and throwing it on the floor in front him.

"You didn't keep your promise."

I turn my back on him as the door opens. Hayden stands in the doorway. I push past him.

"Don't you ever answer your damn phone?" I question him. "I called you six times before finally ringing moron over there to come pick me up."

"Well hello to you too," Hayden replies. He shuts the door as soon as we're both in.

"Who else is coming?" I ask as I toss my backpack on one of the couches and make my way into the kitchen.

"Kate, Nathan, and Olivia I think."

"No Lydia?" I question, grabbing a water off the counter.

"Well obviously she's going to be coming, she called the meeting." I just nod in response.

"What do you think it's about?" Hayden asks me.

"What to do about Garrett," I reply, taking a seat at the counter.

"What do you want to do about him?"

"I could care less, so long as he either dies or rots in prison for the rest of his life." The door opens and everybody else walks in.

I turn my steely gaze on Lydia. "Next time you want to call a meeting, call me yourself instead of sending him to come get me."

She gives me an equally harsh glare. "You don't answer my calls."

"I know. That's the beauty of it." I reply, hopping off the stool and walking into the living room.

"Why is she even here?" Hayden asks Lydia. "You already know how she feels about this whole thing."

"Because," Lydia answers cryptically. "We need the location."

Hayden looks at her confused, "The location of what?"

Lydia turns her gaze to me, waiting for me to answer the question. I look at her blankly.

"Not happening." I get up from my seat, grab my backpack and make my way towards the exit. I hold up a peace sign as I walk towards the door. "Later."

A gunshot goes off and a hole is pierced in the wall beside me. I turn towards Lydia as she lowers the gun.

"Better hurry before the cops show up. There's no way in hell the neighbors didn't hear that." I put my hand on the doorknob and twist it pulling open the door.

"I'll kill Cody."

I turn back towards her, my eyes going dark as I glare at her. "You'll try." I slam the door closed behind me and begin walking off into the darkness.

3 months later...

I push open the door to Zero's office, not bothering to knock. He looks away from Agent 53 and to me.

"I'm busy." He states simply, going back to his conversation with Fifty-Three.

"It can wait." I interrupt again as I toss the piece of paper in my hands onto the desk in front him.

"Thirteen." Fifty-Three greets kindly while Zero looks over the paper. I stare blankly at Fifty-Three and hear him let out a resigned sigh.

"What is this?" Zero asks calmly, though I swear his jaw clenches in anger for the slightest second as he holds up the paper, tearing my attention away from Fifty-Three.

"The title clearly states what it is, unless of course, you can no longer read." I retort and Zero gives me a warning glare.

"Why are you giving this to me?" He questions, his knuckles turning white as he grips the armrest to his chair, trying to control his anger.

"I thought it was pretty clear why," I reply nonchalantly with a shrug, trying to piss him off even more. "Go ahead and inform Delta 2 for me." I turn and begin to exit, but his voice stops me in my tracks.

"I'm afraid I can't do that."

"You can't talk to Delta 2?" I question, my voice coming out slightly harsher than intended...but only slightly.

"They're not here."

"Then call them," I reply, pushing open the door. I stop in the doorway as five words slip out his mouth. My blood boils and I feel anger rush through my veins. I turn back around to face him.

"What did you say?" I ask, just trying to confirm I heard him right and trying to decide if he wants me to kill him.

He smiles back at me, in a smug kind of way, knowing exactly what position he's just put me in.

"I sent them after Garrett." He repeats slowly, purely for his own benefit.

"That's a death sentence!" I hiss loudly.

"Not for all of them." He shrugs and puts his behind his head as if his office chair is the most relaxing thing in the world. "One or two of them might live." I clench my fist, digging my nails into my palms hard enough to draw blood.

"Where did you send them?" I question finally after a long silence. My tone one of anger but at the same time I sound defeated...probably because I am.

I see his face brighten slightly and he looks even more smug than before. I resist the overpowering urge to throw a knife in his eye.

He holds out the paper I passed him along with a mission folder out to me. I snatch it out of his hands harshly.

"I guess this means your resignation will have to wait." He says smugly. I give him my signature glare.

"I guess so."

Thanks for reading!

Vote

Comment

And Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 4K 57
(Editing) Warning: this book contains many strong women who won't take shit from any man. Some viewers may be upset by that.... :( *** After Grayson...
435K 13.6K 51
•• Zoey Carson was not a normal girl. In fact, ever since she was little, and ever since her beloved brother died, she was different. She loved to th...
3.1M 179K 41
"She was my best friend. Someone I trusted far more than anyone else." "What was she like?" "She was worse than Devin if you can believe that." *** W...
20.7K 772 42
"Previously known as... Scarletstroke: Girl assassin" * No hesitation * No killing of children * No killing of innocent people * No emotions * And d...