Agent 13 (Book 1)

By Quidam13

"With all due respect sir, adding a new member to this team will only slow us down." "On the contrary, if any... More

Description/Author's note
Prologue-Lost freaking puppy
1. Put your set belts on
2. Now you've done it
3. Was that so hard
4. We need him alive
5. You killed him
6. Now now now liars go to hell
7. Ladies ladies you're both very pretty
8. What exactly did you do
9. And I say good bye
10. You guys suck
AUTHORS NOTE
11. I had quite a few grenades
12. Yeah well get in line
13. That wasn't an earthquake
14. What the hell aren't you telling us
15. We're at a warehouse duh
16. I'm surprised you haven't broken it yet
17. What didn't she do
18. Yeah one flaw with your brilliant plan
19. You know I never got your name
20. Are we allowed to kill civilians
21. I take it back
22. Devin, a gunshot, a TV, and a fly
23. I know how to be subtle
24. I really don't like stalkers
25. Well do something
26. Five...four...three...two...one
27. Now that's no way to greet an old friend
28. But don't push your luck
29. You knew
30. So I can't shoot him again
31. A killer
32. I don't hit girls
33. Make me
34. What are you doing
35. Same color as the stars you'll be seeing shortly
36. I'll plant a rose garden over his remains
37. Let's Party
38. Choose wisely
Not an update...sorry
40. I guess so
Author's Note
Sequel is Up!
Bonus Chapters

39. Don't do it

118K 6.2K 2.3K
By Quidam13

Shout out to @Badboyxgoodgirl1 for the cool cover.

Thirteen's POV

I let out an overdramatic sigh. "Tony, I'm getting pretty tired of having to hold this moron here. So either I take you and him into custody, or...he drops dead on the floor and you'll still be brought in...with a few unnecessary bullet holes."

I watch his jaw clench, he makes a move, almost as if to turn and run, but the boys hold their guns up, blocking his path.

I press the knife harder into Zack's neck, drawing blood...he can yell at me for it later.

"I'm losing patience here Tony, so last chance, drop your gun and have your little guard dogs over there do the same."

His hand twitches and for I moment I see him contemplating just shooting me and running...good luck with that.

"Drop. Your. Gun." I hiss, making sure to pronounce each word harshly and clearly.

He glares hard at me, and I half expect him to tell me to go to hell. To be completely honest, I wasn't expecting him to take this long in deciding.

I was practically a hundred percent sure he was just going to let me kill Zack...I never voiced my thoughts to Zack though.

It seems like an eternity passes before Tony glares at me one last time, and lets his gun slide through his fingers and onto the floor.

I hear Zack let out a sigh of relief. I turn my eyes towards the twenty or so other men standing in the room. Tony nods at them and they all drop their guns as well.

I smirk and let go of Zack, shoving him away from me a few steps. He rubs at his neck, wiping the blood off.

"Was that really necessary?" He questions me. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Do you really have to ask me that question?" I ask. I notice Tony fuming a few feet from me as he puts two and two together.

"You traitor." He spits out at Zack. Zack just simply shrugs as if it's no big deal. I pull a pair of cuffs from my purse and begin to walk towards Tony.

I make the mistake of taking my eyes off him for a mere moment. A second gun is in his hands in a split second and he begins shooting at both me and Zack without hesitation.

I grab hold of a nearby table and flip it on its side ducking behind it and dragging Zack with me. I hear several more gunshots echo out, but I can't tell who's shooting.

"Well that didn't go so well," Zack mutters, holding his arm. I see blood seep through his fingers. He notices what I'm looking at.

"You know," He starts. "Originally I thought my dad was the one that shot me...but now that I think about it," He pauses. "I'm fairly certain it was Cody."

I roll my eyes and pull a thin scarf out of my purse. "I'm honestly not surprised." I wrap his arm with the scarf. "Isn't that the same place that Devin shot you?"

He gives me a dry look. "Yeah, it is." It was definitely Cody. I pull a gun from my purse and pass it to him.

"Don't miss."

"I never miss."

"And don't shoot Cody either."

"Dammit." He curses.

Zack peers over the table and fires a few shots. I notice Tony making a break for it out one of the side doors.

"I got Tony," I state, knowing full well everyone heard me because of the earpieces. I push myself to my feet and take off after him, pulling a few knives from my purse as I go.

I push open the door, leaving them to deal with the other men. I'm really not all that concerned that they can't handle themselves. I grip my knives tightly, one in each hand.

The door opens to a large outdoor greenhouse, but I haven't seen Tony yet. I walk slowly, hardly making any sounds at all. I see something move in the shadows and I duck just in time as a few bullets whiz over my head.

"Give it up Tony,"I say calmly. "You already know you've lost." More gunshots echo out...seriously?

I slowly get back on my feet after the gunshots cease, moving quietly towards the area the shots were coming from, knives ready.

I stay low as I finally make it to the corner the shots came from, I see a gun on the floor but nothing else. I pick it up quietly and remove the cartridge, huh, no bullets left. I place it back on the floor.

I hear a small scratching noise behind me. I whirl around quickly, swing my knives out, my wrists are caught with ease, and his hands tighten rapidly around them.

I bring my leg up and kick him in the stomach, getting him to let go of my wrists, I throw both knives and he dodges them with ease. He throws a punch at me and I duck, swinging my leg out in an effort to trip him but he jumps back, sending a kick my way.

He kicks me in the side, sending me crashing to ground and knocking over a few plants. I waste no time in getting up and throwing a punch to his jaw, and another to his eye.

My eyes widen slightly when he grabs a large flower pot and throws it at me, I jump the side as it shatters where I originally stood. I'm hauled to my feet by my hair.

Tony's hand free hand wraps around my throat and my breathing is cut off.

"You should've known better than to stick your nose where it doesn't belong." He growls out at me, his grip on my neck tightening.

I manage to smile smugly at him as my hand grips one of my knives.

"Well you know me..." I pause as I glare at him. "I never learn." I shove the knife roughly into his side, making sure to put it in a place where I knew for a fact it would not only hurt, but it also wouldn't kill him.

He stumbles back into the wall, releasing me and I take a moment to gasp for breath, making sure to not take my eyes off of him this time.

His hands hold his side, and the knife in my hand drips blood onto the floor. I glare at him. I pull the cuffs back out from my purse. I grab one of his hands and cuff it, attaching the other end if the handcuffs to a metal water pipe attached to the wall.

"Don't go anywhere," I tell him smugly, he glares back at me. I check his pockets and jacket for any additional weapons before finally pulling out my phone and dialing Zero's number.

"Hello?"

"We got Tony. Might want to send a few teams down here to gather any other information that you can, as well as prisoner transport van." I tell him, my voice monotone.

"Good work Thirteen, I-" I hang up before he can finish. I pull my earpiece out and set it on a table.

"Good night," I tell Tony, before pulling my arm back and letting my fist fly into his face, knocking him out.

I hear the door to the greenhouse open, Cody walks in.

"You alright?" He questions softly, his gun still in his hand.

I nod. "Fine. You?"

"I'm good." He responds.

"Oh, good," I say, before pulling my arm back and punching him in the arm.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?" He groans as he rubs at his arm.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "Do you really have to ask?"

He smiles sheepishly. "No, and in my defense he had it coming."

"Which part, the beating or the gunshot wound?"

"Both." He says, his tone of voice almost making him sound proud. I roll my eyes, walking out of the greenhouse with him following closely behind. Bodies litter the floor.

"Well, this is definitely one hell of a mess," I mutter.

"Yeah, we kind of noticed." Jason states.

I shrug. "Well, Zero's sending people to clean it up, so it's not our problem."

"Well that's a relief," Zack mutters, tossing a random gun into the mix. I roll my eyes.

I clear my throat. "Zack, can I talk to you for a second?" I see him glance at Cody before winking.

"Sure." He replies, a smug smile on his face. I elbow him in his bad arm and smile when he flinches and grumbles curse words under his breath.

We stop after we're out of hearing distance from everyone else. I hold out an envelope to him. He takes it from me.

"What is this?" He questions.

"Don't open it till we're out of here," I respond simply. He looks at me skeptically.

"Should I be concerned?"

I shake my head. "No." He nods thoughtfully.

"You know Garrett's going to be coming for you once he gets wind of this," I say.

He lets out a resigned sigh. "Yeah I know," he mutters. "But, I happen to know how to disappear so...we'll see how it goes I guess."

"Zack he'll kill you if he gets the chance."

He lets out a forced laugh. "Of that, I have no doubt."

I put my hand on his shoulder. "I'm sure I can get some Agents to stay and watch out for Garrett."

He shakes his head. "No. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine...hopefully."

"Zack." I pause. "You and I both know that Garrett will find you eventually."

He scoffs. "Yeah probably, but hey until then....I've got time." I shake my head at him before turning and beginning to walk away.

"Hey, Thirteen." He calls out. I turn back around to face him.

"How about we make a deal." I raise my eyebrow at him and gesture for him to continue. "You don't die, and I won't die."

I laugh slightly. "That's not how it works," I mutter, shaking my head. He smiles at me.

"You sure?" He asks, holding his hand out to me. I roll my eyes before taking it.

"Deal," I say, shaking his hand. "Good luck and good-bye." I let go of his hand.

"Bye to you too." He waves his free hand at me as I start to walk away again. I stop and turn around. He smiles smugly. "I just knew you couldn't resist me." He says, holding his arms out waiting for a hug.

I raise my eyebrow at him and walk up. "Actually." I reach up to his injured arm. "I just wanted my scarf back," I say with a straight face as I untie my scarf from around his arm and turn around walking away, trying hard not to laugh at the look of utter shock on his face and counting down from five.

As soon as I hit one I feel a pair of arms grab me from behind. "I still want a hug." He grumbles.

I laugh lightly and turn to face him wrapping my arms around him. "Don't die," I tell him and pull away.

"I won't if you won't."

"Hey, can I use one of the guest bedrooms to change?" I ask him. "I need to get out of this dress before the teams Zero sent get here."

"Oh sure." He replies. He points down the hall. "Up the stairs first door on your right, that's where I threw your bag."

"Great thanks," I respond. I make my way up the stairs quickly.

I push open the door locking it behind me as I slip out of the dress and lie it across the bed. I pull out a tank top and pants, along with a pair of socks and my combat boots. I get dressed quickly and shuffle through my bag, making sure everything is in place and nothing's missing.

I glance at the clock on the nightstand, 11:34, meeting starts at midnight. I unlock the door and swing my bag over my shoulder.

I stand frozen in the hallway for a few moments, my mind working in overdrive. I glance behind me into the room, my eyes focusing on the window.

"Don't do it," I mutter to myself.

"Thirteen!" I hear Cody call out from downstairs, his voice sounding like he's coming closer."Thirteen!"

I stare at the top of the stairs, half wishing he was already at the top to stop me, to tell me to stay.

"Screw it," I mutter, rushing back into the room and throwing open the window...

Thanks!

For those of you who do want to stalk me, I did make an Instagram account, the account name is 13quidam. I'll also post it in my bio. There's only like one photo posted on the account since I just made it, but hey.

Vote

Comment

Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 56.4K 63
Her most lethal weapon is herself . . . • • • Agent Eleven was always a loyal Agent for the Division. Until she wasn't. Running and going rogue a y...
1.1M 37.9K 29
(Book 2) *Contains spoilers below* "I needed more closure than what you gave me." I half lied. "It feels like an open wound someone keeps pourin...
436K 13.6K 51
•• Zoey Carson was not a normal girl. In fact, ever since she was little, and ever since her beloved brother died, she was different. She loved to th...
3.2M 180K 41
"She was my best friend. Someone I trusted far more than anyone else." "What was she like?" "She was worse than Devin if you can believe that." *** W...