Life after Marriage

By Simply_Kailee

**Sequel to Falling Back in Love** **A Haleb Story** About three years ago, Caleb and Hanna got married. Afte... More

BBQ
Silent Treatment
Forgiveness
Daddy.
Fruit Farm.
Birthday Party
News and Arguments.
Hangovers and Regrets
Reunion.
Talking.
More Problems.
Temporary Happiness.
Step By Step.
Surprises and An Envelope.
The Letter.
Another Letter.
Meetings and Cravings.
Court Day.
Court Day Continuation
And Then There Were Six...

Three Years Later...

1.3K 26 9
By Simply_Kailee

Hanna's POV.

"Mommy!" Casey shouted as she ran into the kitchen.

"Yes baby?" I asked as I put the last plate into the cabinet.

"Itz Drew!" Casey complained as she ran into my leg and held on tight to it.

"I found you! Hi mommy!" Drew shouted as he ran into the kitchen.

"Hi baby boy." I replied, picking up my two year old daughter.

"Are you guys hungry?" I asked Casey and my three  year old son.

"Yeah!" They both shouted at the same time.

"Go sit down at the table and I'll make your plates." I tell them as I set Casey down on the floor.

I grab two plates from the cabinet and place them on the counter. I open the fridge door and grab the ham and turkey deli meats along with the cheese, mayo, and the already cut up apple slices.

I grab four slices of bread and place it on a plate.

" Drew, do you want turkey or ham?" I ask.

"Um.... Can I have both?" Drew asks me with a pleading smile on his face.

"Of course babe." I reply to him after laughing.

"Casey, what do you want?" I ask.

"Ham pwease!" She told  me.

"Okay." I reply.

I begin to make both of the sandwiches, cutting it in half when I was done. I grabbed the plates and placed it in front of my kids.

"What do you guys want to drink?" I ask both of them, already getting two cups from the cabinet.

"Apple juice!" They both reply at the same time again.

So, I begin to pour apple juice in the cups, placing it on the table when I was done.

"Waaaa!" The baby monitor went off.

"I'm going to go get your baby brother, finish up your apples." I tell them as I stand up and begin to walk to my one year old son's room.

As I walk up the stairs, Corey's cries seem to get louder.

I walk into his blue painted room and walk up to his crib.

Corey sits in his crib with his arms up in the air to be carried. His cries die down when he sees me.

"Hi cutie." I say as I pick him up and hold him in my arms.

"How was your nap?" I ask him, knowing that he's not going to reply.

I lay him down on the changing table, handing him a small toy, and begin to change his diaper.

"Sissy and Bub's are downstairs eating. We should go downstairs so they don't burn the house down." I say to Corey, getting a small laugh out of him.

I finish changing his diaper and pick him up. I walk downstairs with Corey in my arms.

"No!" I hear Drew yell from the kitchen.

I quickly walk into the kitchen to see Casey and Drew both holding onto an apple slice.

"What is going on?" I ask them, putting Corey into his baby chair.

"Sissy stole my last Apple!" Drew complained, still holding onto the apple.

"No, mine!" Casey disagrees, still not letting go.

"Give me the Apple!" I say holding my hand out.

Both of them whine as Drew hands me the Apple. I grab a knife and cut it in half.

"Here, Casey has one half and you have the other half. Problem solving kids." I say, handing them their halves.

I grab banana baby food from the pantry and a small baby spoon and sit down next to Casey and Corey.

"Drew, you can feed yourself right?" I ask Drew, opening the baby food jar.

"Yes mommy! I'm a big boy!" Drew says with a huge smile on his face.

"You're my big boy." I tell Drew.

I dip the spoon into the baby food and feed it to Corey

"Mommy, I need help!" Casey complains, pointing to her sandwich.

"Did you try?" I ask her, putting another spoonful of baby food into Corey's mouth.

"No." Casey replies, looking down at her plate.

"Try to eat the sandwich by yourself baby. If you can't do it, then I'll help you. Always try to do something by yourself before you ask for help." I tell her.

Twenty minutes later...

"Mommy, I'm full." Drew says, patting his stomach.

I look over to see that Drew ate almost all his sandwich, just a couple bites left.

"Good job baby boy. Now what are you going to do?" I question him.

"Throw rest of food in trash and put plate in sink. Wash hands and mouth. Then I go play mommy?" Drew asks me.

"Good job! Yes, you can go play after." I tell him.

"Yes!" Drew shouted, excited to play.

"Me done too." Casey says, getting up to do what Drew is doing.

"Good job baby! You ate all by yourself, like a big girl!" I compliment Casey.

"Yeah I did mommy!" Casey says, realizing that she ate all by herself.

"Casey, just leave your plate on the table.  I'll save the rest of your sandwich for later."  I tell her, seeing that she only ate about half of her sandwich.

"Mommy, I can't reach sink!" Drew complains to me.

I stand up and walk to where Drew is. I pick him up and carry him to the sink. I squeeze soap in his hands and make him rub his hands together. I turn the faucet on and he washes the soap off of his hands. I grab a paper towel after I set him down on the ground and hand it to him. He dries his hand and wipes his mouth with the paper towel.

I do the same with Casey.

"I love you guys." I tell both of them, bending down to kiss their cheeks.

"Love you too mommy!" Drew says.

"Lue you too!" Casey replies after Drew.

"Go play now?" Drew asks me.

"Yup, you can go play now." I tell both of them.

"Just stay in the living room!" I shout to them as they run off.

I sit back down by Corey and wipe his mouth with a wet paper towel.  When I was done cleaning him up, I picked him up and carried him to the living room.

"Can you guys watch Corey while I wash the dishes please?" I ask Drew and Casey, setting Corey down on the ground.

"Yes mommy." Drew replied.

"Thank you. I'll be back in ten minutes. Shout if you need me." I tell them before walking back to the kitchen and begin to wash the dishes.

After I finished washing the dishes, I wiped the tables.  I then put Casey's sandwich into a little baggie and put it in the fridge for later.

I walked back into the living room to see Casey playing with her teddy bear and Drew playing with his truck.  Corey was just crawling around the floor. 

I sat down on the couch and turned the TV on.  I began to watch a movie as I thought about my life.

Let me fill you in on what's happened in last three years. 

After Caleb and I got married, we couldn't exactly go on our honeymoon because I was pregnant with Drew.  We planned to go to the Bahama's for our honeymoon but I was so pregnant that I didn't want to do anything. So, we ended up staying at home.  We still live in the same house.

About four months later, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Drew Mason Rivers.  He was everything to us.  He learned how to walk at 11 months and said his first words at 12 months.  Then, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Casey Abbey Rivers.  She quickly became daddy's little girl and Drew also became a daddy's boy.  She learned to walk at 11 months and also said her first words at 11 months.  Then, I gave birth to another beautiful baby boy named Corey Lance Rivers.  He said his first words at 11 months but he still doesn't talk much.  He recently learned to walk but he rather crawl.  I think he's going to be a mommy's boy. 

So, now we have three beautiful kids and we both love them more than anything.  Caleb is a CEO at a high-tech hacking company that is very private and secretive, like any other hacking company.  So, he works 6 days a week and works 10 hour shifts, except for Saturdays.  He only works four hour shifts on Saturdays. 

Me?  I'm a fashion designers assistant.  So, I make appointments and figure out the meeting schedule and all of that stuff for a designer named Callie Bon'Suade.  She is a nice boss and a nice person in general.  I just rather be the designer, but with kids and stuff, I don't exactly have enough time to be going to meetings and fashion shows and stuff like that.  I mean, I do get paid everyday because I have a salary paycheck and I do work for one of the top three best designers in the world and I shouldn't be complaining. But I want to be the designer.  Oh well, at least I have the three best kids in the world.  I love them more than anything.

"Ma?" Corey says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yes baby?" I reply to him.

"Wata."  He says.

"Okay, let's go get you some water."  I say, picking him up and walking to the kitchen. 

I get his sippy cup out and pour him room-temperature water. 

"Here you go baby."  I give him the water and begins to drink it.

I walk back to the living room with Corey in my arms.

"Mommy, can we play outside?"  Drew asks me.

"Yeah, but only for a little bit okay?  Mommy has to make dinner really soon."  I tell Drew.

"Yay! Casey, mommy said we play outside!"  Drew tells Casey.

"Yay!"  Casey says.

"Put your toys back first."  I tell them.

When they are done putting their toys away, we all walk to the kitchen and I unlock the french doors that leads us to the backyard.

We bought a jungle gym that has two swings, a slide, and a spinny thing where you stand on a little platform thing and you spin yourself in circles.  We also bought the kids a little tree house thing where you walk up like ten stairs and there's a little house thing in there.  But only Drew plays with it.  So, we also bought Casey a life-size dollhouse thing.  It has a mini fake kitchen and a living room with a porch. When Drew was born, my mom bought him a mini playground for babies and it comes with a slide and a dinosaur thing that rocks the baby back and forth.  So, Corey plays on that. I know, my kids are spoiled but I can't help it!  They're just so cute!

While the kids are playing, I just sat down on the bench and watched them.

Ring, ring, ring...

"Hello?"  I answered my phone without reading the caller ID.  Bad habit, I know.

"Hey Han! It's Ali.  So, the girls and I are planning a little BBQ for us to get together and the kids to play.  We were wondering if we could have the BBQ at your house since it's the biggest?"  Ali asks, sounding hopeful.

"Hey Ali!  Yeah, sure!  That sounds like a great idea!  When and what time?"  I ask her.

"On Saturday at 4?" She replies.

"Okay, cool.  I'll let Caleb know.  I'll see you on Saturday."  I tell her, excited to see everybody.

"Awesome, see you then!  Bye."  Ali hangs up and I lock my phone.

"Kids, it's time to go inside!"  I shout to them as I pick Corey up after he goes down the slide.

Drew and Casey run towards me as I open the door.

"I'm not done playing!"  Drew complains.

"Me too!"  Casey agrees, pouting a little.

"We've been out here for an hour and I have to cook dinner."  I tell them motioning for them to go inside.

"But can't we play more!?"  Drew whines, slowly dragging himself inside the house, Casey following behind him.

"No, now stop grumbling.  You can play inside.  We'll go to the park tomorrow, okay?"  I tell them.

"Okay mommy."  Casey says, running to the living room.

"Drew, please take Corey with you to the living room."  I tell Drew, setting Corey down on the floor.

"Okay.  Come on Corey."  Drew says holding both of Corey's hands as he walks Corey to the living room.

I smile at my kids and how much I love them. 

I begin to make dinner.

An Hour Later....

"Let's go take a bath."  I tell my kids as I pick Corey up.

Drew and Casey follow me up the stairs as they talk to each other.

"Go pick out your pajamas as I make your bath."  I tell them once we are upstairs. 

Drew and Casey share a room because they don't like sleeping alone.  So, they went into their bedroom to do as they are told.

I enter the kid's bathroom that's in Drew's and Casey's room and put Corey down on the rug in the bathroom.  I turn the faucet on and set the temperature in the middle between hot and cold.  I pour in the strawberry scented bubbles into the water.

"I got Corey's PJ's too!"  Drew says as he walks into the bathroom with Casey behind him.

"Thank you!  Drew, make sure you use the bathroom before getting in the bathtub."  I tell Drew while taking Corey's shirt and pants off.

"Okay mommy."  Drew says as he takes his shirt off and his pants.

I walk Casey and Corey out of the bathroom to give Drew his privacy.  He's been potty trained for two months now.  Casey is still learning the concept of using the bathroom, she's getting there though.

I shut the bathroom door and shut the bedroom door, locking it so Casey won't go out of the room when I help bathe the boys.

"What are you going to play when your brothers are taking a bath?"  I ask Casey.

"Tea with bear!"  Casey says excitedly.

"Okay, don't go out of the room okay?"  I tell Casey.

"K mommy." Casey replies as she wraps her tiny arms around my shoulders since I'm bent down.

"Love you."  I tell her as I kiss her head.

"Lue you too mommy."  Casey replies, kissing my cheek and letting go of me.

"Mommy, I'm done!"  Drew yells from the bathroom. 

I open the bathroom door and look inside the toilet bowl to see that Drew has done his business.

"What do you do now?"  I ask Drew as I turn the faucet off in the bathtub.

Drew flushes the toilet and looks at me proudly.

"Good Job baby."  I praise him.

Drew takes his briefs off and goes in the tub.

"Come Corey."  I tell Corey, as he is still in the bedroom.

Corey crawls to the bathroom.

"Is there any surprises in your diaper?"  I ask Corey.

"No ma."  Corey says before giggling. 

I laugh and take Corey's diaper off cautiously.  I placed Corey in the bathtub when I was done.

I bathe the boys as they play with their water toys.  When I was done, I wrap Drew in a towel and wipe him dry.  Then, I wrap Corey in a towel and wipe him dry.  I dress Corey first in a diaper and his Cookie Monster pajamas.  Then, I dress Drew in his briefs and his Cars pajamas.

While Drew and Corey play, I bathe Casey and dress her.

I take all of them downstairs and I make their dinner plates.

"I'm home!"  Caleb shouts as he enters through the garage entrance.

"Daddy!"  Casey yells as she runs towards him.

"Daddy is home!"  Drew yells, following Casey.

"Dadda?"  Corey asks as he sits in his eating chair.

"Yup, dadda's home."  I confirm Corey's guess.

"Hi honey."  Caleb says as he enters the kitchen.  He kisses me on the lips with Casey in his arms.

"Hi Caleb."  I reply to him after kissing him back.

"I'm starving, let's eat!"  Caleb says, sitting Casey down on a chair and making his plate.

Two hours later...

"....and the Princess and the Frog lived happily ever after." I close the book to see Casey sleeping and Drew half asleep.

I got up from the chair in the corner of the room and put the book back on the bookshelf. 

As I was giving Casey a goodnight kiss, Drew sat up.

"Are you going to bed mommy?"  Drew asked me, yawning after.

"Yes baby.  You should too."  I tell him, walking to his bed and kissing him on the head.

"Goodnight baby.  Love you."  I tell him, gently making him lay back down.

"Goodnight mommy, love you too."  Drew says, falling fast asleep.

I turn on their nightlights and turn off the main light, shutting their bedroom door.

I walk into Corey's room to see Caleb rocking Corey back and forth.

"...And that's how I met your mother.  Goodnight, love you."  Caleb said as he put Corey in his crib.

Caleb turned around and jumped a little bit.

"You scared me.  I didn't know you were there."  Caleb said, laughing a little and pulling me out of the bedroom, turning Corey's light off.

Caleb pulled me into out room and shut the door, pushing my back into the door.

"Mmm... I missed you today."  Caleb says as he gives my neck pecks.

"That's understandable... I mean, look at me."  I say wrapping my arms around Caleb's neck and laughing.

Caleb laughs and looks me in the eyes.  He kisses me passionately.  I, of course, kiss back.

"I love you."  Caleb says after we kiss.

"I love you too."  I tell him.

"Now let's go to bed."  I say, pulling out of his embrace and getting into the comforters.

Caleb groans and quickly gets into the bed, pulling me close by him.

"Goodnight beautiful, I love you."  He whispers in my ear.

"Goodnight my love.  Love you too."  I whisper back to him, falling asleep soon after.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: 

Hello!  So, this is the first chapter to the sequel and I really hope you guys enjoyed it.

This chapter was mainly to fill you guys in on an ordinary day for Hanna.  The drama is soon coming though, so don't worry ;). 

Comment your thoughts!

Please vote, I'd appreciate it!

Follow me?

Happy Reading!

-KaileeXoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 783 34
Hanna's 18 and Caleb's 19... they've been together for 3 years... they will be for the years to come... when Hanna finds out something that could cha...
2.9K 32 4
Hanna and Caleb Rivers now have a family of their own. They will learn how to really love one another, how life will offer you great moments and mem...
61.1K 1.1K 26
Caleb and Hanna broke up because Caleb had to return to Ravenswood and leave behind the only thing he cared about... Hanna Marin. Hanna is crushed...
1.7K 10 8
Total Eclipse of the Heart (Revised some) Synopsis: This is kind of an AU/Re-write of Never Letting Go better synopsis later Warning: it is a rough d...