Queen of the Swords & Lord of...

By OBrien_has_Stiles

Secrets are secrets, and Esmeralda's path is unknown to her. But walls start breaking down, and she finds out... More

Queen of Swords & Lord of the Rings (a LOTR fanfic)
Part 1 - To Know Chapter 1: The Fellowship
To Know - Chapter 2 - The Fellowship is off
To Know - Chapter 3 - And so it begins
To Know - Chapter 4 - Lifes shall be shaken
To Know - Chapter 5 - Walls of Moria
To Know - Chapter 6 - Darkness surrounds us
To Know - Chapter 8 - They are coming
To Know - Chapter 9 - Even the strongest fall
To Know - Chapter 10 - Please come back
To Know - Chapter 11 - I'm fine
To Know - Chapter 12 - The Past comes back to me
To Know - Chapter 13 - Gently down the stream
Part 2 - To Feel - Chapter 1 - A long run
To Feel - Chapter 2 - I'm glad to have our wizard back
To Feel - Chapter 3 - Time alone
To Feel - Chapter 4 - Off to Helms Deep
To Feel - Chapter 5 - Over the edge
To Feel - Chapter 6 - Seeking answers and purpose
To Feel - Chapter 7 - Dangerous obstacles
To Feel - Chapter 8 - Victories in Wars
Part 3 - To Love - Chapter 1 - Victorious Feast
To Love - Chapter 2 - Captive
To Love - Chapter 3 - Star Gazing
To Love - Chap 4

To Know - Chapter 7 - We need a break

2.3K 78 3
By OBrien_has_Stiles

Here's Chapter 7!

~~~~~~~~~

Esme's POV

It's dark, rocky, and not to mention it stinks in the Mines. With no way back, we carried on forwards, leaving our trust in the Wizard leading us. There are times when Gandalf would suddenly stop in his tracks, and ponder his thoughts. He would look around, as if he was trying to remember things. The action made the others think he was just stopping to listen out for danger, or just simply wait for us to catch up to him. Yet, I somehow knew that wasn't the case, and deep down I knew he was questioning himself.

Though, it's not as if we could blame him. He had wound up in a situation that none of us could back out  of, even the Wizard himself. And we have to carry on, if we ever want to full fill this quest.

But first we must at least find our way out of the Mines, out of this horrendous, dark place. With an exception of Gandalf, none of us has ever been down in the dark twisting tunnels of Moria, and even then Gandalf last came here a long time ago. So long ago, that he was finding it difficult to remember how to get out. Though even we were stepping unknowingly into danger's hands, I still trust the Wizard that he will get us out of it.

I have no idea how long it's been since we have been in here, and with my guess it has only been two days. We rarely stopped for breaks, and when we did it was great but quick. Everyone has grown restless, all carrying on with difficulty from the lack of sleep. No one spoke, afraid of awakening anything dangerous. Though at times, I will silently creep up to the front of the line, from my spot in the back, and exchange a few words with Gandalf, before retreating back to my place in the line.  

I was quite happy our trip consisted of either going down hills, or straight across. But that thought went away as quickly as it came, when I saw the mass of steep stairs we have to climb. One by one, we climbed up the staircase cut out of the rock, like a trail of ants. We slowly ascended the rocky stairs, our muscles shaking at the effort. The stair case was so steep we all had to use our hands and legs, as if climbing a ladder, to carry on upwards.

Above me, I heard the sound of shifting rock, and I looked up. Pippin had slipped, but had managed to hang on and right himself, with the help of Merry. I sighed in relief that we didn't lose Pippin, and I carried on climbing.

With a grunt, I heaved myself up the last few stairs, before collapsing on flat ground. Puffing and sweaty, I pulled myself off the ground to stand next to Gandalf.

"Gandalf, we must rest. If we carry on like this, we wouldn't have strength to fight if danger were to approach us." I whispered to him, desperately hoping he would agree and let us rest.

"Yes, I see your point my dear. We shall rest tonight." he told me the good news, before turning to look at the rest of the Company.

"We shall rest here for the night. Though, no fires are to be lit."

The others sighed in relief at the chance of rest, and immediately spread around to make a small camp. Gandalf went on forwards and sat on a rock, facing three doors I somehow had missed when I had come up here.

I left the Wizard to his thoughts, and walked to a separate place between to large boulders of rock. I set my pack down, and spread out my bed roll on the floor, intent on falling asleep. I lied down, and with a sigh, I fell asleep.    

It was the same dream I've been having again.

I was walking, hiking through large jagged cliffs, that seemed to stretch out for as far as the eye can see. The sky seemed dark, and up ahead was fire. The burning red flame, released dark black smoke that slithered like snakes into the sky. The fire made my eyes water, and I turned to face away from the torture. That was when I saw them.

They stood in rows, They looked like lifeless figures, as if their souls were lost. They were dark ghosts, but seemed to be filled with water. I then realized them as water ghosts, but I was confused for why they were on land. I seemed to see them as a large wave of water, but they stood still as if they were waiting for some sort of confirmation. It looked as if they were waiting for my command. And then I realized their purpose.

I had leaded them here, to set the fire that was ever growing. I was the one that could help settle the burning flames. So with a yell, I sent them charging forward. They gathered in a wave of water that leapt over my head to crash down before me. The wave gathered speed, crashing through the rock, towards the red flame. The wave raised up until they reached above the flames, the wall of water towering above the flames, before it collapsed on them.

The flames screeched under the water, before it finally gave up its fight. The water flooded the ground before drying up, disappearing after it had filled its purpose. Then the scene changed before me, and I found myself running. I didn’t seem to be able to stop and I carried on, chasing something that was invisible to my eyes. Before long, I saw the members of the Fellowship before me, but their backs were turned to me and they kept on looking at something before them. Then it happened,  the great eye finally spotted me, and as if it was waiting for me it looked down at the Fellowship. One by one, they started falling down, their screams and cries piercing the air. And I watched through blurry tears, as they all sank down,    

dead.

I cried out for them, but I could do nothing to help. I sank to my knees, giving up in defeat, before I was struck in the chest by multiple arrows.

I woke up gasping for breath, for what seemed to be the hundredth time. I clutched my chest, still panting from the dream. Though, this time I felt the pain. I clenched my hands on my chest, over the place where the pain seemed the strongest. My nails digged at my clothes, clawing at the skin underneath the layers, and I clenched my teeth from crying out in pain.

The pain registered in my body for what seemed forever, but must have only been a couple of minutes, before it started to fade away from my body. Though a tiny splinter of the pain remained, bearable but strong enough that I would know it was there.

Slowly, I got up from my makeshift bed, and gathered my things into my bag. Finished, I walked slowly to where Gandalf was sitting, on the same rock, almost unmoved.

"Did you not get any rest, Gandalf?" I asked him.

"No, I was trying to decide which path we must take. I just can't remember which." Gandalf sighed in defeat, before turning to look at me.

I sighed at the look he was giving me, already knowing what he was asking of me.

"Please," he whispered staring deep into my eyes.

"Alright," I sighed in defeat, before walking to the ground in the middle of the three doors.

I knelt down, and rested my hands on the ground before me. The sandy yet rocky texture of the surface, became prominent under my fingertips. And I was welcomed back to the familiar feeling. Tingles and shivers raked through my arms and hands, and through my mind I asked them to tell my which path to take. Again whispers entered my mind, and I began the long job of sorting through them. Finally finding the right direction, I let the tingles leave my body before I slowly stood up from my position off the ground.  

"It's that way."

Is the last thing I remember saying, before blackness overcame me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thanks to Smilelaughshine, she is the one who inspired me to write this chapter so quickly!

So this chapter is dedicated to her

Fan, Vote, and Comment Please :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71 0 14
The Light Kingdom is looking for their missing Queen. When Elora's Dragon Starlight arrives with the unconscious Elora, they find out bad news. What...
36 0 13
Everything is fine with Elora. She has her father back and her family, her kingdom But what happens when Elora starts having nightmares again about t...
14.5K 464 31
Elenwë is an elf. Well... half an elf to be exact. She didn't always wonder who her parents were and where her special abilities came from. But more...
66 0 10
It's been a year since Legolas became King after his father and Thranduil sailed. Elvira spends time as much as she can with her parents in middle ea...