COMPLETELY

By CreXenT

HIGHEST RANK: #400 IN TEEN FICTION #4 IN HEART "I'm in love with your bad side, your nerd side and everythin... More

prologue
Chapter 1 - PART 1 athazagoraphobia
Chapter 2 - nostalgia
Chapter 3 - whelve
Chapter 4 - accismus
Chapter 5 - querencia
Chapter 6 - lethologia
Chapter 7 - skinny love
Chapter 8 - retrouvailles
Chapter 9 - saudade
Chapter 10 - wintercearig
Chapter 11 - drapetomania
Chapter 12 - hiraeth
Chapter 13 - eleutheromania
Chapter 14 - acatalepsy
Chapter 15 - alazia
Chapter 16 - vemödalen (mini-chapter)
Chapter 17 - oneirataxia
Chapter 18 - forever ,
Chapter 19 - numinous
Chapter 21 - raxeira
Chapter 22 - sonder
Chapter 23 - paraprosexia
Chapter 24 - zugzwag
Chapter 25 - zenoysyne
Chapter 26 - curglaff
Chapter 27 - déjà vu
Chapter 28 - metanoia
Chapter 29 - nodustollens
Chapter 30 - oleka
Chapter 31 - liefdesverdriet
Chapter 32 - psithurism
Chapter 33 - " bilita mpash "
Chapter 34 - viraha
Chapter 35 - cafune
Chapter 36 - four walls
Chapter 37 - yutta-hey
Chapter 38 - recumbentibus
Chapter 39 - the nefelibata in a luchtkasteel
Chapter 40 - epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER - The Alternate Ending

Chapter 20 - PART 2 guanxi

6.4K 182 28
By CreXenT

Ashlynn's POV

Constant knocks on my bedroom door woke me from my sleep.

"It's Saturday Mum! Let me sleep!" I cried exasperatedly

"Ashlynn, its's not your Mum, can we talk" a male voice replied.

It definitely wasn't Justin, he isn't so cruel as to wake me from my beauty sleep. I grabbed at the eye mask and threw it across the room as it landed among stuffed teddies. The robe at the corner of my bed wrapped around my shoulders as I opened the door.

"What?" I uttered rudely still rubbing my eyes as a tall dark haired boy in a plaid shirt and jeans came to view.

"Ugh. Brad. What?" I flicked his shoulder.

"I'm really sorry to disturb you at this...time" he started politely before noticing the clock state that it was 1pm. 

"But have you had any contact whatsoever with Taylor?"

"No.." I said frowning?

How could I tell him that I receive packages every fortnight from someone named Samantha Thomas. Who the f was Samantha, how was I supposed to know. But each one of those packages always contained petty things. Chips, Doritos, my favourite magazines. I had my suspicions that it was Taylor. I even had a crazy conspiracy theory that she changed her name from Taylor Sam to Samantha Thomas. Maybe people called her her last name and she just claimed it was short for Samantha. It was a pile of bologna but a girl can hope. I mean, who else would send things across the country where you could get in the supermarket across the street.

"I know where she is, I'm going to get her back. Where she belongs." He said determined.

"Who are you to decide where she belongs." I retorted skeptically.

"Come on Ash-"

"DO NOT CALL ME ASH"

"Come on Lynn-"

"DO NOT NICKNAME ME"

"Ashlynn Leah Dorns! Listen!" He nearly yelled.

"How did you know my mid-"

"I have to get her back here, she grew up here and she left for no reason. I know where she is and I'm asking you to come with me. You know the school she's been going too? There's gangs there Ashlynn, Blake normally goes to New Yo-" he stopped himself before he could say anymore. 

I decided to let it go.

"Saving? One year, no calls, no texts, nothing. And you think she needs....saving?" I said bitterly.

Can't lie, I am quite pissed she would do this. Who does she think she is? So selfish. Yet who could blame her. 

"Please Ashlynn." he begged.

"And what if she doesn't want to come back?" I reasoned.

"Then, I would accept that that was the last time I'll ever see her and try to forget about her completely."

"Hold on." I sighed. 

My house babe.  I texted Justin. 

"Could you like give me a moment to freshen up, you did just barge in you know." I said skeptically.

Brad looked like he just realised this as his eyes widened before he said,

"Of course, of course I'll be in the living room."

I had a quick shower and threw on a plain white tee shirt and ripped jeans. As I opened the door, I allowed my feet to sink in the fluffy carpet I called my floor. I found Justin leaning against the wall in a blue shirt, jeans and a beanie.

"Hey Babe." Justin said giving me a peck on my cheek. 

"Hey." I blushed. After so long, he still treats me so well.

Brad was sitting on the cushioned bench at the end of my bed deep in thought. 

"So, has Brad told you his crrr-razy idea?" I said rolling my eyes and flicking Brad in the arm.

"Hey! You already flicked me today." he complained.

"No.." Justin said confused turning to Brad, totally ignoring the whole ordeal.

"Okay, so basically...."

"So you want to go to New York to somehow 'save' Taylor." 

Justin enunciated slowly while putting air quotes around the word 'save'. 

"Yes and the only way we can do that is to go to her school in New York, which is Walton High School during our school semester." 

Brad continued all determined before he sat down and suddenly realised how stupid he sounded. 

"I got it!" Justin said snapping his fingers. 

He rushed over to my bedside and opened my laptop. His fingers started to type aggressively, filling the room with the sound of his typing. 

"Um what are yo-" Brad started. 

"SHH!" Justin announced silencing him. 

"He knows your password?" Brad asked surprised. 

"Yeah." I shrugged. 

He still seemed to be taken aback so I simply said,

"Trust is extremely important in a relationship you know, you need to be able to depend on one another for it to work." I said matter of factly. 

Justin took a minute to tear his eyes from the screen to give me a cute grin before going back to his concentration zone. 

That seemed to shut Brad up as he just looked to the floor and nibbled at his lip. 

"Done!" Justin cried victoriously.

Noticing our confused and awed looks he started explaining everything. 

"Basically, next Monday, theres an exchange program between Carling High School, California and Walton High School, New York. It's all set in stone, we just have to put in the names of the people going." he said putting his hands in his pocket and jutting out his plump bottom lip. 

"Me, definitely." Brad said determined. 

"Hey, she's my best friend. I'm going!" I cried.

"Hey this was my idea!" he reasoned.

"Guys come on, she was my friend too." Justin added calmly. 

Suddenly the door clicked open to show Dylan in a tee shirt and khaki shorts. 

"Yeah, come on in, join the party" I muttered sarcastically. 

"I called him, hope you don't mind." Brad muttered. 

"Sup guys!" Dylan hollered. 

He's always the most oblivious. 

"You know what? I'll just say the three of us are going!" Justin said.

"Hold up. Going where?" Dylan asked confused. 

"To get Taylor!" Brad rushed reaching for the laptop. 

"Taylor who?" Dylan asked. 

Of course, Dylan didn't know who Taylor was.

"TAYLOR BELLE SAM." Brad yelled exasperatedly. "Justin where is the damn place to fill our names."

Belle?

"Basically Dylan," I sighed. "Justin, Brad and I are taking a little trip to New York."

"What? You can't do that!" he said frowning.

"Watch me." Brad said typing what was probably his name. 

"Whip." Justin finished.

I rolled my eyes as a smile crept on to my face.

"If you guys leave, I won't have anyone! Colin would throw me out the fcking window!" Dylan cried. "The only reason they don't do anything now is because they're still bloody afraid of you." 

He said motioning to Brad. His voice dripping with the strong English accent. 

"Then come with us for God's sake." Brad yelled. 

"Alright fair enough." he shrugged. 

It was official. Justin, Brad, Dylan and I would be on a mission to get Taylor back from New York. How exciting. We'll be faced with gangs, or so Brad says, and difficulties. But nothing is going to stop us. Okay maybe a lot. 

Brad's POV

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" Blake's voice boomed through the room.

My closet was practically shifted into a duffle bag. I made sure to keep the silver chain in one of the pockets. I kept chain when I removed the belle pendant for my rope bracelet. It was the only piece of her I had left. What was a guy to do?

"I'm going to New York." I said matter-of-factly. 

"Ugh." Blake face palmed. "I should never have shown you that letter. It's been almost a year now mate." 

"Distance may separate two words on a page but no one ever said you couldn't fold it." Great, I was becoming lamer every second. 

"No you can't fold the page, it would destroy the fucking book." Blake said. 

"You don't understand Blake, I have a whole plan. I'm even going with Ashlynn, Dylan and Justin."

"Oh yeah? And what does Mom and Dad have to say in all of this, you just adventuring off, in the middle of the semester might I add." Blake reasoned. 

"I'm going as an exchange student." I said proudly. 

"You. Did. Not." Blake looked at me and chuckled amusingly.

"Yup, just did." I said double checking my duffle bag.

"Who the fuck exchanges from California to fucking New York" 

"Well me now." 

Blake didn't say a word, he just backed out of the room in silence. 

"Airport please." I said to the bearded driver in a sweater and a golf hat.

After saying goodbyes to Mum and Dad, I set off. Sure it was a long shot, but who knows. If she was the Taylor I knew, she's probably made a few nerdy friends, aced every test and stayed away from the gangs. At least I hope. My duffel bag and luggage was already in the trunk. I was going to meet Ashlynn and Justin at the airport. 

"Move over." Blake instructed as he slid in the cab. 

"What are you doing?" I asked. 

"Business in New York, might as well catch the same ride." he said cooly. 

Blake was wearing a black tee shirt with a thick black biker jacket. He didn't seem in the mood to talk so I let it slide. The car ride was silent but it wasn't awkward since Blake was on his phone texting a whole bunch of people. Gang stuff most probably. How do I know you ask? I've become immune to seeing the pistol-shaped bulge at the side of his pants. His dagger tattoo evident on his neck. 

The air curtain hit my face when we entered the airport. Justin and Ashlynn were waiting at the Starbucks. The flight was at 10am. It was 8:30am. We had time to spare.

"One vanilla latte thanks, and um, Blake?" I ordered.

"Whatever you're having." he waved me off before picking up his cell and walking out. 

"Make that 2 then." 

The barista made our drinks extremely quickly. I found Ashlynn and Justin sharing an Iced Tea. Wow, the typical double straw, one drink thing. Dylan was sitting at the same table trying to make conversation with two people who were pretty occupied with each other.

"Hey." I said, my voice still husky from the morning. 

Dylan lifted his fist so I bumped it. 

"We forgot residence in New York." Justin mentioned. "I guess we could stay in a hotel first then look for a family-"

"I got a rather large duplex there." Blake cut off appearing behind me to grab his latte from my hand. 

"But there are certain parts of the place that's off limits okay?" he said more seriously now. 

I didn't dare to argue. Blake could get scary at times. Most of the time. Justin looked as if he wanted to question Blake's appearance but my glare told him otherwise.  

"Boarding Flight 207" the PA system echoed.

"Let's go!" Ashlynn squeaked and ran to the check in, Justin hot on her heels and Dylan following suit. 

"Oh yeah! She cried before she came back to flick my arm. 

I was on my way to follow them to the check in when Blake tugged my forearm. 

"Yes?" 

"There's a dangerous gang in New York, around Taylor's area." he yell whispered. 

"What?"

"They call themselves The Anonymous. Pretentious name, I know."

"More pretentious than Winged Daggers?" I looked at him amusingly.

His glare shut me up. 

"They sound pretentious but they're quite dangerous. Apparently they're angry now because they're not the only gang there." he said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, because you're gonna be there?" I questioned.

Blake sighed and ran his hand through his dark hair.

"Sort off, it's a little more than that.." 

"Care to elaborate?" I asked. 

His uncomfortable glare said differently. If even Blake was nervous about telling me something, I would respect his decision to tell me later. 

"Just tell me when you can." I spoke. 

He nodded before saying,

"I know I asked you to stay out of this stuff but it's pretty obvious theres no stopping you from going to New York." He said, more to himself.

"Still have that gun I gave you?" he continued.

I nodded, finally understanding the degree of danger we were going to be in. It was a small town in New York, how dangerous could it be. But if Blake isn't telling me to stay out of it and actually telling me the situation. There really isn't much doubt on how much danger we were in. 

"Boarding Flight 207, last call." 

guanxi (n.) a network of social connections based on mutual trust . 

_____

Okay guys! How was that chapter? Please comment and vote, I really wanna know what you guys think. Do you think they're doing the right thing? What do you think about the drama in New York? Do comment and let me know. :) 

On other notes, my deep condolences goes to the friends and family of Christina Grimmie and the victims in the Orlando tragedy. #RIPChristinaGrimmie

Thank you all so much for reading and all your patience. Do comment and vote. 

XOXO

CreXenT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 5.6K 43
She was an ordinary girl in high school. On her last day at school, Alison tells her crush that she likes him. Soon after she moves to Canada and ret...
3.3M 65K 19
"I need your help." He was obviously drunk, and I was obviously confused. "What the fu-" Mason pushed a hand to my mouth. "Shhh," he shushed me lou...
101K 2.9K 60
Her entire life so far had been like one sunny afternoon, passing quickly and soon forgotten along with all the other days that had no stand-out exci...
418K 16.6K 67
Everly had her life all planned out. She was going to marry Brad, her best friend since second grade, her high school sweetheart, and soulmate. He wa...