Wings of Destiny ❤

By FairySalvatore

He has been my protector, He has been shore to my sea, Now it's my turn, For him I shall challenge Destiny. A... More

Summary
Prelude
Prologue
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Haylien
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Haylien
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya.
Xander
Freya.
Xander
Leonard
Freya
Xander
Freya
Leonard
Xander
Freya
Xander
Leonard
Freya
Xander
Freya
Leonard
Xander
Freya
Xander
Important
Epilogue
Request

Freya

8.5K 495 60
By FairySalvatore

I try to hide,

Away from him, from his eyes,

But he challenges me,

With a secret smile.

Freya

There was a new boy in school. And I knew it before girls started babbling about it. But the worst part was Tessa, the Queen of indifference was also talking about him.

Haylien Duvan was the new kid with a rich relative in town and moved here to escape a stalker, well that was what everyone told everyone around, some said he was here to get a new batch of girls, some said that he was kicked out of his last school. But I doubt it was the real story. I don't really know how he looked because we danced with our masks on but he was funny, I knew that much.

But the main worry was Alexander, he danced with me and didn't know who I was. I liked it to stay that way but avoiding him was impossible when he was in six of my eight classes and in chem., somehow I sit next to him. I deliberately pulled the stuff of my locker at a slow speed so that I can walk in the class, last minute and don't have any extra talks with him.

"Princess." A familiar voice greeted me.

Ah, so this is what he looks like.

And, gods, he was gorgeous with a hint of roguishness. He had an amazing pair of grey eyes which was unsettling with his brown hair just like Alexander's but he managed to make it look good. But he was nowhere near Alexander.

Shit, shit, shit. Where did this thought came from?

"Haylien." I greeted not bothering to add a good morning or anything.

And what is it with these boys calling me nicknames. It made me cringe.

"Help me out, I am new here." He was grinning at me.

I held back an eye roll.

"Look, there." I added extra enthusiasm in my voice.

Haylien immediately looked up in the pointed direction.

"What?" He asked a bit confused.

"Other nicer and prettier girls to show you around."

He chuckled at my words.

"I heard you are the helpful one."

"I am, I am just not in a good mood and I don't want you to associate with a bullied person. You might get yourself in trouble." I added sourly realising that I was being not helping and that was not good.

"In trouble with Alexander?" He laughed lightly like he can handle anything.

"I am a pro at handling him."

"You have known the guy for like a day Haylien"

"Let's just say, I am not scared of him."

"So, will you be my friend Princess?" He asked not like a joke but nicely.

"Yes, if we stop with the nickname."

"But that comes with friendship."

I groaned loudly and he chuckled.

"Why me?" I asked not sure he wants to be friends with me because he thought I was a stunning beauty on the day of dance.

"Because Freya Morenson it is super fun to fluster Alexander and also, you are a great person."

He made no sense what so ever. So I let the matter drop and not question him further. He was borderline insane. Can't he see the girls ogling him and leave me alone?

***

My luck ran out as the school ended and I tried to hurry past the parking lot.

"Running away?" A cold voice stopped me in my path.

Haylien was next to me and somehow I stepped back closer to him as if he could protect me.

"No, why would I?" I tried not to look into Alexander's eyes.

Did he remember them from last night? He was looking at me with all intensity, maybe he does or maybe he doesn't since they are plain brown ones.

Suddenly Haylien looped his arm over my shoulder and I stiffened. What the hell was he trying to do?

I looked up to Alexander for some reason and he had the hardest, coldest glare pointed towards Haylien who merely smirked.

After a moment of glaring and staring match, Alexander gripped my wrist with force and pulled me towards him, or rather away from Haylien, making my legs wobble.

"You are tutoring me, remember?" His tone was harsh and I regretted offering him my help.

"Yeah, I remember. Let's go." I mumbled a reply.

"I will tag along," Haylien said stepping next to me.

"No, you won't." Alexander's tone was challenging.

"I don't want you to mistreat my new friend." Haylien was really pushing it.

This time, he turned to me and glared.

God! I was destroying Haylien's social status like this.

"It's none of your business what I do to her." Alexander snapped at Haylien.

Well, newsflash people it was nobody's business but mine. And being alone with my bully is something I would not prefer after I slapped him.

But pulling along Haylien who I barely knew was not a good idea either. I was confused.

"I am going to the nearest coffee shop, if either of you are interested please feel free to join," I said tiredly not sure what else to say.

I didn't even bother to see the reactions of the two insufferable guys.

I walked into a cafe not seemingly too crowded and sat down in the furthest corner. Both Alexander and Haylien walked in. Haylien was quicker and sat next to me making a furious Alexander take the seat across me.

I pulled out the History book with my notes and sighed.

"Can I get my coffee?" I asked the two boys not sure how to move from the booth.

"I will get us coffee." Haylien winked at me and left.

"New friend, huh?" Alexander finally said with raised brow.

"He likes to think so." I shrugged indifferently.

What was with him and questions?

"How are you planning to embarrass me now Alexander?"

He gave me a cold hard glare.

"I am here for the history, that's all."

"And you suddenly shifted from bully to a normal guy. Ah, I get it. You wanted me gone so bad that now you are actually trying to heal me and make me leave."

For the first time, I saw Alexander speechless and just stare at me in shock.

"Good for me. I can just go back home where no one hated me this much. But let me tell you, Alexander, it will be really difficult to pull me out of depression phase. My mother, my shrink they tried for almost five years now but I am still the same. I still miss him.

I still see night-" I stopped myself right there.

I cannot just share these things with my bully. I can't give him more leverage over me. Damn those violet eyes pulling the secrets out of me.

I swear I saw regret in them but before I could be sure, Haylien came in with our coffees.

"So, where do we need to start?" I asked Alexander.

"I will tell you once he leaves."

"I thought you said she was available." Haylien gave him a confused look.

"You told him I am available for dating?" my voice raised a notch.

"Aren't you?" He looked at me with a frown.

"None of your business." I snapped at him.

And turned to Haylien, "Do you have anything to say?"

"I was just messing around." He shrugged casually if it was so natural for a new guy to ask if a particular girl is available for dating.

Well, maybe for a guy it is.

I sighed and covered my face with my palm. I was really tired after last night's party and then my shift at Barney's. And this was too much drama for me.

"Leave Haylien, I will talk to you later." I requested him in the kindest possible voice.

He was not hurt just amused and giving me a slight nod as he stood up.

"Try and be human when you are at it, Alexander." He then bent down and planted a kiss on my head.

I am pretty sure there was a hidden meaning behind his words but I let it go. I was too shocked with his gesture. Alexander looked pretty pissed off, his violet eyes blazing with fire. It was like whoever associated with me, he hated the person.

Now we were left alone and I questioned him with my eyes.

"I tried going through the first two chapters but I don't remember a word."

"Okay, so my notes will help you in this case. But you need to read it like a story and not actually history else it will be pretty boring." I opened the book to the second chapter skimming down once for refreshment.

For the next hour or so we made notes, I tried asking him few questions making him realise that this way he will remember it more. By the time three hours had passed, we were done with first two chapters. Slow, but effective.

In between, we had three coffee refills, one call from my mother and billion calls to Alexander from God knows who. I was kind of glad that Haylien prevented me from going over to Alexander's place. I am not sure it was safe going there.

"I think we have done enough for today. When is the make-up test?" I asked.

He was being civil for once, besides the dance where he didn't know it was the girl he hated most.

"Next week and I have three more chapters."

"No worries, I know you are not free for next two days."

"How?" His brows furrowed.

"No, Alexander I am not stalking you but I know your schedule well enough after being the slave. I know when you have extra basketball practices." I explained him and had to smile a little at his sheepish expression.

Wow, so the guy did have stalkers.

"I will teach after that, okay?"

"Okay?

When he said nothing for a while, I got up ready to leave kind of relieved he didn't make me sing in the cafe or do something equally embarrassing. Suddenly as I was about to leave his hand gripped my wrist and my heart jumped to my throat.

I guess I said it too early, he was going to go all bully on me now.

"I will not be the bad boy till history test is done." He said maybe seeing my reaction.

So he was being nice because I was his temporary tutor.

"I get it, you don't want to be seen with me in school and that I should not tell anyone about our study deal, right?" I offered the only explanation feeling warm where was touching me.

I knew what tingles on touch meant.

He shook his head in a no, his eyes intense on me.

"Date me." He said and I choked on air, if that was remotely possibly.

I jerked my hand away pretty sure this was some gross joke. Was this his typical revenge scheme, make me fall in love and break my heart? Dude, so not going to work.

Did he think, looks was everything? There was he no denying he was....very handsome but his nature kind of sucked.

"What?" was all that came out of my mouth.

"You said I ruined your image, you said I made you a target, you said you wanted to be better and heal yourself. Let me help so that you can leave, as soon as possible" He was serious.

Alexander Comhan was freaking serious about this, why?

"And how is dating you a solution?" I was trying to control my agitation.

"No one will bother you for starters." He took a step towards me.

"All the rumours about your leaving, your father will clear up."

Another step forward.

My heart was beating wildly now.

"And we can try the reverse theory that is shown in books, not make you fall in love and break you but the opposite, heal you by making you fall in love." He offered in his velvet soft voice.

He was now an inch away from me, his tall form towering over short 5'3 me. I am pretty sure my whole face was heated up and I couldn't meet his eyes. His words made sense yet they were totally insane.

"Fall in love with you?" I tried to sound annoyed but my voice came out a bit weak.

"Tell me fiore, will you prefer the torture  and hell then?" I could feel his warm breath on my ears and my body tingled.

He was threatening to bully me if I don't date him? I was not getting his game play but in my defence, with his closeness, my mind was partly shut off.

"Breathe, fiore and think about it." His voice filled with amusement.

I let out a breath I was holding till he told me to breathe. Pretty sure I didn't know what just happened but there was no way in hell or heaven I was dating the person who tortured me this much let alone fall in love with him.

__________________________________

HAHAHA! It seems Haylien is pushing the right buttons. XD

Next chapter you will know what our Lex was thinking as he made this offer.

And is it me or him saying Breath was totally hot! ;)

Okay people, if you enjoyed it, please vote.

Another thing, a request to read The Flower Girl , my new book and show some love :)

And finally, as I reached 1K followers, I am offering a surprise chapter of the book you choose. Could be a completed book or book closer to finish but not Wings of Destiny. As much as I want I can't enter something surprising here. I already have a story flow, so.

Anyone kind enough to make me covers, trailers or banners let me know. I will love you for eternity.

And that will be all! XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

812 62 11
Love doesn't have the same meaning for all but one thing about it is that it's universal. They both long for each other but they fear coming close t...
2K 207 41
Some say I am a devil in disguise... Some say I am an angel... But I say... I am just a normal human.... Who has a Roller-coaster ride of all emotion...
592K 18K 50
All she ever wanted was someone who can love her, understand her and respect her but destiny has something else stored. All her life she prayed for o...
9K 793 51
(Complete) It's a shitstorm of fuckery where the good is good but also bad. The bad is bad but also... good? Follow Valery who is on the quest for t...