Book 1 of Twisted: I Heart...

By sheepandwolf

Probably the biggest love triangle ever. After enrolling in to McKinley High, Avery, Erica and Victoria foun... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1- First day of school
Chapter 2- How was your day
Chapter 3- Auditions
Chapter 4- Did we make the cut?
Chapter 5- A Dramatic Plot
Chapter 6- Worst Date Ever
Chapter 7- First training
Chapter 8- Trouble
Chapter 9- Confrontation
Chapter 10- First 'Date'
Chapter 11- The Concert
Chapter 12- Jealousy In The Lab
Chapter 13- Reasons
Chapter 14- Seeing Is Not Believing
Chapter 15- History
Chapter 16- Baseball vs Basketball
Chapter 17- A Bunny Disguise
Chapter 18- A Good Deed
Chapter 19- Blind Corner
Chapter 20- Let's Play
Chapter 21- The Party of a Beginning
Chapter 22- Doubtful
Chapter 23- Trapped
Chapter 24- The Game
Chapter 25- Innocent and Naughty
Chapter 26- Day 2 Of Fun
Chapter 27- Payback
Chapter 28- Secret Love
Chapter 29- Quarterfinals
Chapter 31- Number 13
Chapter 32- Natasha Ford
Chapter 33- Semifinals
Chapter 34- Movie Night
Chapter 35- Decisions
Chapter 36- Child's Play
Chapter 37- Unsaid Feelings
Chapter 38- Love At First Sunlight
Chapter 39- Ideal Girl
Chapter 40- Sophie's Makeover
Chapter 41- Tone Deaf
Chapter 42- Assumptions
Chapter 43 - Finals
Chapter 44- After Party
Chapter 45 - Bitch Recruitment
Chapter 46 - The Bet
Chapter 47 - Friend or Foe?
Chapter 48 - Preparations
Chapter 49 - The Amazing Race
Chapter 50 - A Hockey Celebration
Chapter 51 - Melody's Meeting
Chapter 52- Planning
Chapter 53- A Little Love Surprise
Chapter 54- Outcome
Chapter 55- The Real Deal
Chapter 56- Library Encounter
Chapter 57- Suspicions
Chapter 58- Who I Really Am
Chapter 59- Bowling

Chapter 30- Valentine's Day

13.9K 132 16
By sheepandwolf

Author's Note- Wolf: Hey readers! Haha been a long time since I wrote a chapter. So anyways, another chapter for you guys! And it takes place on Valentine's Day. Sorry if the chapter isn't that long. Read on to find out what happens!! Enjoy! :)

Chapter 31- Valentine's Day

Avery:

Valentine's Day is the one day in one year whereby any girl could go up to the B5 members and no other person can say anything about it, including the B5 members. Well, that's what I heard from my classmate Dakota yesterday. Wow. They are REALLY popular. 

I headed my way into the school building and towards my locker. Erica and Victoria had other plans so we couldn't meet up before school. I opened my locker and began dumping the books I needed for first period. Just then, I heard a girl squeal behind me," It's them! It's them! They're here!" 

I whipped my head around and immediately caught sight of the B5 members making their way through the hallway. Wow, Dakota's right. As soon as they stepped in, they were bombarded with millions of girls and receiving hundreds of valentine's day gifts all at once. For the first time ever, they looked so unsure of what to do.

I caught sight of Sophie at the back. She was politely receiving the girl's gifts and putting them in one paperbag. But that wasn't all, she was also carrying 4 other paper bags FULL of gifts on the other hand. I gripped my present tightly. 

Last night, I had baked chocolate balls and had wrapped up nicely for her but it seems, I don't have the courage to give it to her. Yet. I looked at all the gifts she had in her paperbag. They all looked grand, elegant and.. expensive. I'm amazed. These girls were willing to spend thousands of bucks just for them.

All of sudden, I caught sight of Michelle out of the crowd staring at me and as soon as I made eye contact with her, she looked away. Again with the staring. Honestly, I'm quite used to it now. The group separated and Sophie began walking past me. I turned around and pretended to be busy. 

Just then one of the girls exclaimed," Sophie! You will open my present right?" 

She replied casually," Of course I will. Absolutely."

The girls squealed and walked away. Oh my god, her voice. It was the sweetest voice I've heard. Her voice was quite low which was perfect for a lesbian like her. The fuck? I did NOT just think that. I caught sight of her walking and stopped at a locker diagonally across my mine. 

Holy shit! No way! Her locker was across mine all this time?!?!!! I glanced back and saw the no. on her locker. 123. Haha that's funny. Just like Sesame Street. Does she like Sesame Street? I gasped at the thought. Well, because if she did like Sesame Street, we would have a lot in common if you know what I mean. 

Just then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Dakota. She smiled and playfully punched my arm," Congratulations! Heard you did really well for the game!" I smiled and laughed," Yup! Thanks!" 

I still remember how it felt that day when I scored the first goal. Best feeling ever. I carried my books and headed towards the classroom. I glanced at Sophie once more before walking off. Holding on to my gift, I pray I can muster up the courage to give her the present. 

*After school*

School ended. I grabbed my books and headed towards my locker. We were released 10 minutes early so I could take my own sweet time to do things. Just then, I realised that the hallway was completely empty and I was the only one here. 

I looked at Sophie's locker. Is this my chance? Should I do it? I took my present and cautiously made my way towards her locker. I took a deep breath and looked around once more. Come on, Avery you can do it. Just do it already.

I carefully hung my present onto the handle on her locker. Making sure first that the present was safely attached and undamaged, I scuttled back towards my locker. I was hyperventilating and my palms were sweating. Oh my god. I can't believe I actually did it. 

I, Avery Barbara Rogers did it. 

The school bell rang and students began pouring out. Out of the hundreds of students, I found Sophie making her way towards her locker. I was rooted to the spot. What would be her reaction to my present? She looked at it and smiled and shook her head. She unattached it and placed it into one of her paperbags.  

I smiled to myself. I grabbed my stuff for training and headed out. I was so happy that I was practically skipping on my way to the Basketball Court. I got changed and when I came out, I realised that all the team members were there already. Oh shit. Don't tell me that they had some Basketball meeting and I didn't turn up. 

My heart starting beating in nervousness. Suddenly, Michelle headed towards me. She smiled and handed me a packet of cookies," Hi! These are for you."

"Oh, thanks" I replied. It sounded more like a question. Why would she give me a packet of cookies with a note that said 'Happy Valentine's Day' on it. Aren't you suppose to give it to your love one or something? Oh don't tell me that...

I looked around and realised that every other team member had the same packet of cookies. "You made this for everyone?" I questioned. 

She laughed and scratched her head," Yeah. Only for the team." 

I nodded my head and heaved a sigh of relief. Thank god. I wonder... did she make it for her friends as well? Just then, I caught Michelle staring directly at me again. She was startled then mumbled a 'Sorry' and walked off. 

I shook my head. Michelle should fix that habit of hers. Just then, my mind drifted off to Sophie and my gift. I giggled to myself in satisfaction. I just gave my crush a Valentine's Day gift and she doesn't even know. 

Okay I sound like a pedophile. Oh well! At least I gave it to her. Somehow. Indirectly. 

Michelle:

Valentine's Day. Great. The one day where all the girls in the entire school could get close to us and none of us can say anything about it. I hated it. We hated it. I mean, I appreciate that they take the time to make the gifts specifically for us but, it's getting annoying.

I met up with the clique as usual and made our way in. This is it. Our agony starts now... 

As soon as the students caught sight of us, they began hurling towards us with the presents in one hand and soon, we were all surrounded by hundreds of girls and presents were being thrown onto my hands all at once. Luckily, we all brought paperbags so we didn't have to carry them. 

Oh my god. Seriously? Were these girls so desperate to gain our attention? I managed to catch sight of Avery at a distance. She was staring at Sophie. Immediately, my blood started to boil and jealousy surged through me. 

Then she looked at me and I quickly looked away. I sighed out in frustration. Why Sophie?! Of all people, WHY HER?!?!?!!!!! I mean, I could handle it if it was some other girl... or guy. But I didn't expect it to be one of my close buddies. I made my way towards my locker. 

I dumped all the gifts I received and retrieved my books for the day. This can't be. My heart ached at the thought that Avery loved someone else just as much as I loved her. I slammed my locker with a loud bang causing all the students around me to get startled and stalk off. 

I walked towards my classroom, ignoring girls trying to hand me their gifts. I only had one girl in my mind. The image of her staring at Sophie. The way she stared at her, I could feel the emotions raging in her head. It broke my heart to pieces every time I think about. 

I sighed. Did it have to be Sophie?

*After school*

School ended. I quickly grabbed my things plus a paperbag full of cookies and headed off to the locker rooms. What were the bag of cookies for? For my team of course. Actually, I had only wanted to bake the cookies just for Avery but that would arouse suspicion among the team so I decided to bake it for the whole team.

Of course, I put the best batch of cookies in a packet just for Avery. God. Baking wasn't easy at all. I almost burned down the kitchen. Took me until 2am to get it right. And they were like what? The 5th batch of cookies? 

I got changed and started giving away the packets of cookies. I looked around for Avery. Where could she be? Just then, she walked into the court. Immediately, I grabbed her packet and headed towards her. 

I smiled and handed her the packet of cookies," Hi! These are for you."

She received and seemed unsure of what to say. " Oh, thanks" she simply replied. That's it? Oh, thanks? 

"You made this for everyone?" she asked. Was she expecting that I made it for her? Oh darn. I should've just made it for her. 

I laughed and scratched my head," Yeah. Only for the team." 

She nodded her and head and sighed in relief. I frowned. I was wrong. She was glad that I didn't just made it for her because then she'll know of my feelings for her. Which wouldn't work out because in her heart, she only had one person. Sophie. 

Then, I realised that I was staring at her again. I got startled, mumbled a 'Sorry' and walked off. I should really stop doing that. But I can't help it and it's become a habit to stare at her beautiful face. Unfortunately, she only has eyes on one particular person. 

I scrunched up my eyebrows and I could feel the pain in my chest. No. I would not let this happen. I will not let her fall for any other girl except me. But somehow, in my heart, I know it won't be easy. 

But I won't give up on her. Not now. Not ever. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

872 43 22
What will happen when Sophie tells Shannon how she feels? Will the sports star leave her or will she take a risk and leap into a relationship with th...
159K 4.7K 43
Avery and Sara were high school sweethearts. Now they're in college trying to figure out life, school work, friends, themselves. After everything the...
3K 95 25
A girl named Allison meets a guy named Carter. She finds interest in her life with him. They stay together all through out high school and later on g...
38.5K 1.1K 23
Destiny and Travis were high school sweethearts, crazy in love. It was always Travis' dream to be a pro basketball player but he soon realizes that...