Rooftops

Par afterwords_

They fell in love when they were young, in a city that never felt like home, at a time in their lives when th... Plus

Excerpt
Playlist
Zero
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Author's Note

Twenty-Two

4.1K 186 2
Par afterwords_

||Twenty-Two||

"I was waiting for you," I admit to him, hating myself the moment the words slipped off my tongue. I never even admitted that to Jade. Every time she asked how I was doing and if I was putting myself out there again; I always lied to her. "And then I ran into your mom and your sister at the store and Lyn accidently let it slip how you had a new girlfriend. That's when I knew I was wasting my time waiting for someone who was obviously not going to come. That's when I stopped waiting for you."

We hold each other's gazes for a while, neither one of us saying anything. I've said what I needed to say and now it's up to him but it seems he isn't going to say anything. We sit there for a few minutes until I've had enough.

I reach for my purse and grab a couple of twenties from my wallet, dropping them onto the table as I push my chair back and stand. "I think we're done here." I tell him as I slip my purse onto my shoulder and straighten up.

He doesn't say anything, nor does he make any moves. He just sits there and watches as I walk away.

I almost laugh as I walk out of the restaurant and onto the busy street.

Ironic how one of us is always walking away from each other.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

430 55 24
Falling in love is easy to find but finding true love is hard.
94 19 7
What seemed like they had no one till they found each other. Will they live, love or leave their life. Having to found love is simple, keeping it is...
171K 6K 34
First, you're 18 and in love. You're at the peak of your youth and everything you've ever dreamed of is possible. Then, you're as good as homeless...
104K 1.5K 50
Love is mysterious and full of surprises, just like life itself. Two nonchalant fates collide. Both were born to be successful and successors. Cold s...