Five

||Five||

Sitting on the patio swing, I sit with my legs brought up to my chest as I stare at the ocean waves crashing down onto the rocks down on the beach. I'm utterly in love with the location of Jade's new home. I always wanted to live next to the beach, and the fact that her home was secluded was even better.

I've been sitting out here for about an hour now. Jade had fallen asleep mid movie, leaving me alone to watch some sappy love story about a girl reuniting with her high school sweetheart. It was a good movie, but the plot sucked. I tried to avoid watching sappy love movies. Not only wasn't I a fan but I always ended up thinking about the past.

And now, here I was, sitting by the beach, in California, thinking about who I walked away from five years ago.

In my hand, my phone vibrates, snapping me out of my thoughts. Clearing my throat and looking away from the moon's reflection on the ocean, I turn on the screen to my phone and see I have a new text message. The message is simple but the words remind me of how far I've come in the last five years. I've moved on. And the rapid beating of my heart after reading Jackson's text is proof of that.

Truly, madly, deeply, in love with you. Come home soon. –Jackson.