Thirty-Four

||Thirty-Four||

Hopping onto the deck railing, Justin grabs ahold of the deck roof and hauls himself up. Before I can even register what he's doing, he's disappeared onto the roof. A second passes before he sticks his head over the edge and looks at me upside down. "C'mon," he says, holding his curls away from his eyes, "Get up here."

"What? No. You get down."

Justin snorts, "C'mon, are you scared?"

I narrow my eyes at him and cross my arms across my chest, "You know I'm not."

He smirks, "Then get your ass up here."

He disappears again and I stay put for a few seconds before walking forward. I curse under my breath as I hop onto the rail and haul myself up onto the roof. It's been a long time since I've been on a roof- an actual roof where I have to climb my way up instead of taking an elevator or stairs.

Sitting with his legs over the edge, I slowly make my way towards Justin.

This brings back so many memories- memories that I've stuffed in boxes and shoved in a closet at the back of my mind.

"Took you long enough." He laughs when I sit down next to him.

I roll my eyes and run my fingers through my hair as I get comfortable. The view of the ocean is so much more beautiful from up here. I wonder if Jade and Rob have seen it from up here.

"We weren't done with our conversation," I say after a few minutes of complete silence.

Justin and I have a habit of not only walking away from each other but from conversations we need to have. This is a conversation we need to have. Neither one of us can walk away from this one. This is it. I can feel it in the pit of my stomach.

This is either where it all begins again, or where it all finally ends.