Nine

||Nine||

He still has golden curls midst the mass of dark hair on top of his head. It's the first thing I notice as I see him walk out of the crowd on the dance floor. He's wearing dark jeans and a dark blue button up.

It's almost as if time hasn't affected him.

He looks exactly the same.

Well, minus the dark, thick beard he's sporting, it's almost as if five years haven't gone by.

I look away and face Brian. He's standing before me, leaning against the bar with a white towel hung over his left shoulder. "Vodka and grapefruit juice," he tells me nodding at the small cup sitting before me. Glancing down at the drink, I reach forward and raise it to my lips.

I take a long drink and cringe as the vodka and grapefruit juice slide down my throat. It's sour but the tartness doesn't stop me from gulping it down. From the corner of my eye, I see a figure walk up to the bar.

"Can I get a beer? Corona. Bottle." He says and taps his knuckles against the bar. Looking down, I let my hair fall like a curtain over my face and stare at the drink in my hand. I inhale and exhale and begin to count the ice cubes in my cup.

One... Two... Three...

Is he gone yet?

Four... Five...

"Justin! My man!" I hear Dom say.

Clenching my eyes, I pull my shoulders inwards and hope to disappear into the bar.

Please don't see me. Please don't see me. Please don't see me.

"Dommy-D," I hear Justin chuckle. "What's up man? How have you been?"

Okay, well it seems they aren't doing anywhere any time soon, so I guess I'll just take my drink and go...

Grabbing my drink, I twist my body and hop off the stool only to run into the red head sitting next to me. My drink sloshes and the red head gasps as my drink drips down her bare arm.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I gasp as I look up and meet her gaze.

"It's alright," she laughs, "just a little liquid."

I'm just about to turn away and walk towards the bathroom when the thing I've been avoiding all night long, happens.

"Imogen?"