The One Who's Fallen

By The_Sarcastic_Dork

After Abby realizes that Jaha may use his executive powers to float Clarke before her 18th birthday, she and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100!
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150

Chapter 22

21.4K 698 200
By The_Sarcastic_Dork

Lexa hesitantly leaves a little bit after I tell her we're hunting the Pauna. She isn't convinced I won't leave without her and do something even more stupid than as she put it, "facing a bloodthirsty Pauna." From what I can tell before I pass out in my bed, the patrols going past my tent have increased. I don't blame her for not trusting my word for it, I know I wouldn't if I were in her position.

When I wake up and wipe the sleep from my eyes, the first thing I notice is that the village is eerily quiet. I get up and blink when I notice there's armor on the table. I move forward and run my fingers across it.

"It is good, is it not?" A voice says. I spin around toward the entrance, my hands clenched into fists, ready to fight. It's just Anya. "It came last night after you had fallen asleep. I am sure it may be useful today if you are really hunting what Heda says you are hunting."

"What would that be?"

"The Pauna that lives near here. Lexa is not the joking type, but I am not certain you are really that much of a branwada (idiot/fool) to do such a thing."

"Well I guess I am." I say.

Anya just sighs and grumbles something about "foolish girls" and "death wish".

She points to the armor. "Then put this on. It will not protect you from its blows, but it might stop it from instantly killing you."

I put on the armor as best I can (there are so many straps) until Anya sighs again and takes over, making sure I see how to do it correctly. It's amazing she can do this without hurting her broken wrist too much. Though judging by the quiet hisses and grunts she lets out, it does hurt.

"Mochof, Anya. I'll try not to die."

She grasps my forearm with her good arm and I do the same automatically, surprised by the show of respect. "You had better not. You will be with Heda, and if anything happens to you, something might happen to her. Watch out for each other."

I nod, not knowing what to say. Anya's worried about us. We walk out of my tent and Anya leads me to Lexa's tent. The giant guard opens the tent flaps for us and we're greeted by the sight of Lexa pacing.

Relief spreads across her face when she sees me. "Clarke. You did not leave."

I smile comfortingly, hoping she understands I'm okay with the fact she wasn't sure whether she could trust my word or not. "I told you I wouldn't leave without you."

"You two can look lovingly into each other's eyes another time." Anya huffs, making both Lexa and I blush and look away from each other. "You have a Pauna to kill. Your horses are prepared and supplies have been tied onto them."

"Let me just get some things from my tent and I'll be ready." I say, realizing they probably didn't think to grab my sketchbook.

"I will accompany you, if you do not mind."

"Of course not, Lexa. Let's go."

Anya follows behind us as we walk side by side back to my tent. I grab a few things including my sketchbook, pencil, map, and some food that should stay good throughout the trip. It's a small enough amount of things that I can use the bag I made to store it in (I've added to it since then and made it a backpack, so it should be okay on the horse).

We continue to the gate and there's a lot of people gathered there, what looks like almost the entire village.

"Once people got word of what you two are planning to hunt, they wanted to say bye." Anya murmurs.

A woman comes up to us, and I recognize her as the mother of the boy I saved yesterday. "Mochof (thank you), Heda and Clarke. Beja (please), be careful."

"Oso gonplei nou ste odon (our fight is not over)." Lexa replies confidently. "This Pauna is the most vicious, the most violent in the twelve clans. It has killed too many, and so we will kill it."

The gathered people seem to take her words to heart and the mood noticeably lightens.

Guards lead two horses to us, one a jet black stallion (definitely Lexa's) and a strong looking dark brown horse. The black horse whinnies when it sees Lexa and tries to get away from the already struggling guard. Amusement shines in Lexa's eyes and she clicks her tongue once and it immediately stops fighting to get to her.

Lexa thanks the guards and holds out her hand to her horse. It immediately presses its nose to her outstretched hand. There's a warm smile on her face and it's clear she loves this horse. She runs her fingers along him, moving around him to get to his side. She expertly gets up on him.

Oh crap. Right, horses. I just realized I don't know how to ride one. We haven't gotten that far in my training yet, plus now with Anya's broken wrist I'd guess it's hard to teach that. Lexa sees my struggle and quietly gives me instructions. I get up on the other horse on my first try and manage to not fall off as soon as I get on, so I'd call that a success.

Lexa's horse moves in front of mine, leading us out of the town as the people wave and say different variations goodbye," good luck," and "don't die."

The movement of the horse underneath me feels weird, it makes my hips shift in the saddle from side to side. As soon as we are far enough from the village, Lexa stops and looks back.

"Are you doing alright? I am guessing you have never ridden a horse before."

"I'm doing fine. Is it that obvious?"

"No, you have been doing good for your first time." Lexa smiles reassuringly.

She moves us forward slowly, her horse beside me as she gives me tips on how to not fall off.

That was a fun chapter to write... Anya being worried about Clarke and Lexa while simultaneously making a jab about their relationship (or lack thereof). Lexa being worried about Clarke doing something even more foolish than trying to kill a giant murderous gorilla. Thank you all for reading and for your amazing comments! Stay awesome!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 5.1K 19
Clarke left Camp Jaha and walked off into the wilderness. Three months she struggled to survive on her own until she met someone, who took her in and...
2.8K 112 9
"It all started in a rush and then a crash." Jas loves to hear the story of how her mother' meet and Clarke loves to tell it. *first fanfic ever*
41.3K 1.5K 35
Lexa is sick and tired of being under her mother's control. All the time she is learning. She can't go out with someone. She doesn't even have friend...
290K 10.5K 133
When Lexa dies, Clarke climbs to the top of the tower and is struck by lightning and sent back in time to the dropship landing. Here, she retains all...