Dominic's Rose

By Almondee1

Dominic Taylor grew up teaching himself things in life. He didn't have parents to show him the way and teach... More

Cast
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Epilogue

Seventeen

4.3K 230 23
By Almondee1

"Rose you gotta get better so that we can go home." I said, the next morning.

Rose didn't respond, she was still sleeping.

"Rose if you can hear me, I want you to know that no matter what, I will always be there for you. Do you hear me?" Another tear slid down my cheek.

"Rose, I love you."

The constant beeping on the monitor had changed into a high pitched beep that kept going on forever.

This was it...she had flatlined.

"NO!!! ROSE WAKE UP!!"

"The doctor rushed into the room as well as Mr and Mrs. Crestview.

The doctor looked disappointed. "I'm sorry." He said, lifting a sheet up over Rose's head.

"NOOOO!!" I held onto her body and nurses pulled me off. "ROSE WAKE UP!!" I shouted. "WE GOTTA GO HOME."

"Dom!!"

Someone was shouting my name and pulling on my arm. I didn't want to be bothered. I cried and cried and cried."

"Bring my Rose back!!!" I shouted but no one did.

Mrs. Crestview cried as much as I did. I gave her a hug and we cried together.
"She's going to a better place, Dom."

I didn't wanna hear it. I wanted Rose right here in my arms, no where else. We've been through so much. She's taught me a lot. What was I supposed to do without her?

Mrs. Crestview slapped my arm repeatedly. I stopped crying.

"What are you doing?" She kept hitting my arm.

"Dom!!"

I woke up, and it was Darron sitting next to me on the small sofa in the hospital room.

I quickly jumped up and saw Rose still sleeping peacefully in the bed and Trina and Darron looking at me like I had did something really foul.

"You was having a nightmare bro, you were groaning like crazy." He said.

I continued to observe the room, my Rose was still there, alive.

"Shit," I wiped my face and the crust out my eyes. "How long has she been sleeping?"

"We got here about 8 am and she was eating breakfast and watching TV. But she went back to sleep and hour ago." He said

I looked at my phone and it was 10:30.
"Oh." I exhaled.

He tapped my back. "You good?"

"Yeah I'm cool. Hey Trina." I stood to see Rose.

"Hey." She said back.

I rubbed Rose's hand and smiled. A doctor came in. "She's doing a lot better."

"Oh yeah?" I smiled.
"Yep. She should be able to go home within the next week."

"Well Dom, we just came for support. We about to go grocery shopping before the sale ends." He up and got his keys.

I laughed. "Aight then. Thanks bro."

"No problem. She gone pull through, just watch." He pat my back and they both left.

The doctor left after giving her more medication.

In came Mr. Crestview. I froze when I saw him but he came in and sat down and asked me to join him.

The whole time I barely focused on what he was saying. Too busy getting enraged by what Annika had done. I couldn't wait to get my hands on her and the niggas that she was with.

"Are you listening to me son?" He said.
I nodded. Even though I sorta wasn't.

"It looks like somethings on your mind, what is it?" He asked.

"It's nothing, I just got some business to handle." I stood to my feet and headed for the door. "If she wakes up tell her I'll be right back."

"Don't be stupid." He said, stopping me in my tracks.

"What?"

"You don't need revenge. That's only gonna end bad for you." He stood up as well.

"What else am I supposed to do, huh? Let them get away with it?"

"Let the police handle it. You don't wanna go to jail, this is the worst time you could go." He shook his head.

"I don't care!" My voice raised. "They're out there happy that they got to me right now, and I'm just supposed to sit here and wait on the police that don't give a fuck anyway?"

"That's the best thing to do, son. Imagine how Rose would feel if she gets better, expecting to go home with you and you're dead or in jail. It's not worth it, don't do it." He held onto my shoulder.

I was so angry. I wanted to kill them all so bad for what they have done to Rose. Angry tears poured out my eyes. These past few days, I've cried the most tears.

I banged my fist against the wall and put my hands on my head.

"Go ahead and get your anger out. That's much better than doing something you'll regret." He rubbed my back as I bent over in frustration.

"You can come over for dinner as soon as you're done here." He gave Rose a kiss and then walked out.

I calmed down moments after he left. He was right, that would've been very stupid of me. I stayed in the hospital with my baby.

I pulled up a chair close to her bed. I figured since we were alone that I'd pour my heart out to her.

"Hey Rose." I said softly, trying not to wake her. "Remember when we went to the petting zoo and the little monkey went inside your purse and took your crackers?" I laughed.
"Or how about that time I picked you up and jumped in the deep side of the pool." I snickered. "You were acting so dramatic."
My laughing turned into a straight face. "I didn't know what love was until I met you. You turned my darkness into light. Your goofy side kept me happy, and I can't imagine what I do without you in my life."
Here came more tears.
"I'm sooo blessed to have you in my life. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You were patient with me, you respected me, and you loved me when I didn't even love myself. I thought I was gonna sleep around my whole life. But then this special woman came into my life, who had more that just good looks. She was kind, respectable, loving to everyone, trustful, kindhearted. Rose, you're unlike anyone I've ever met. You showed me that there is so much more to life, and I've finally accessed that life. You are a hell of a woman, and I love you. Yes I said it, love love love, I'm in love with Rose Crestview. And when you get better, I'm going to love on you even more and make sure you're treated like the queen that you are."

I kissed her forehead and grabbed the chair to put it back.

"That was beautiful." A soft, sleepy voice said.

I turned my head quickly and Roses eyes were wide open.

"Did you mean it? Everything you said?" She asked.

"Every word." I assured her, attaching my hand back to hers.

She smiled. "I'm proud of you, you know. You're such a wonderful man, without your parents help."

I smiled back.

"I have a huge surprise for you too. As soon as I get out of here I'll show you." She said, sitting up appearing to be fine.

"Aw well you need to hurry up and get better cause I like surprises." I joked.

"Kiss me boy." She lifted up her head.
I chuckled and leaned in to kiss her like I would never see her again.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 361 34
---- Caroline Morgan/ Lin Morgan, a girl who seems very ordinary but also has her own problems. Her older sister Scarlett Morgan helps her through th...
50.3K 493 42
Luca's best friend is a part of Yungblud and he finally gets to meet everyone else. What will happen? Everyone knows Dom is more straight than anythi...
3.7M 130K 68
I was a boy when I met her and loving her taught me how to be a man. ** This book features MATURE THEMES including violence, strong language, sexual...