The Hollows Of Hiraeth (✔️) |...

By __queenly__

Have you ever feared for your life? Due to recent circumstances, Sky Forest knows that feeling like the back... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven: Part One
Chapter Ninety-Seven: Part Two
Chapter Ninety-Eight: Part One
Chapter Ninety-Eight: Part Two
Chapter Ninety-Nine: Part One
Chapter Ninety-Nine: Part Two
Chapter One-Hundred: Part One
Chapter One-Hundred: Part Two
Epilogue
♔ THE SEQUEL ♔

Chapter Eighty-Six

21 5 2
By __queenly__

^ Sky's dress (on Scarlett Leithold who plays Sky) ^

"If you're still asking if you follow your brain or your heart, you probably made the wrong choice."
—#this human, 'The Hollows Of Hiraeth'
_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s O f
H    I    R    A    E T H
_________________________________

"So, can I see it?" He asks me in a strained voice, sounding gruff as the stress seemed to affect his tone, causing it to deepen.

"No," I told him defiantly, "You'll see it at the ball."

"Jesus Christ, Sky, it's not a wedding!" He exclaimed and took two strides over to me.

I refused to be intimidated by him as I finished hanging up the dress, of which was hidden in a bag, "Don't blaspheme," I scolded him first, "And if it were a wedding wouldn't I be marrying you? Seeing as I'm not showing you?" I asked him and watched as the awkwardness set in.

Before the awkward silence suffocated us, I decided to depart. "Look, I'm just going to go, it turns out you have to bring a date and, well–" I broke off and watched as Jameson nodded, his jaw clenched and knuckles white.

"Be bold." He shared the bittersweet advice and I refrained from grinning and offering my thanks. I instead settled with an awkward muffled sound that gave away how detached I truly was.

On that note, I left and ran for the hills, or rather, Carter's room. Except, upon running out, I practically ran into Carter. 

"Oh," I nearly exclaimed as I retreated and stealthily shut my dorm door in concern of Jameson overhearing—though I wouldn't put him past him to 'accidentally' hear our conversation anyway.

"I was just about to come talk to you," I greeted him with and Carter beamed at me.

"Wow, that's weird," He muttered to himself and as I had the chance to ask him what was going on, he had already started talking, and that chance left with the weird noise that fell from my lips as I was interrupted.

"I was about to come talk to you too, I felt like we haven't talked in a long while." Carter explained and his exaggeration of the word 'long' made me wonder just how long it had been without a decent conversation. A conversation? Not long. A decent conversation? Seems like forever ago. Now it just feels like I'm reminiscing the memories of our old friendship over and over as our new relationship continues to crumble from the core outwards.

"So–"

However, suddenly feeling a surge of confidence, probably induced by the amount of regret I was feeling over the tedious decaying of our relationship—whatever that relationship is, I sure don't know anymore—I intervened instantly.

"Would you like to be my ball date?" I shot at him so quickly that I think I left him reeling for a few moments. Then a big grin overtook his lips.

"That is so weird; I was literally about to ask you the same thing," He told me with disbelief, appearing seemingly happy that we appeared to share the same thoughts. I, on the other hand, was pondering the one thought we didn't share—our true feelings for each other.

"So..?" I trailed off and suddenly Carter nodded.

"Of course! Why do you even need to ask?" He laughed at me and I joined in. Maybe because I needed clarification that you haven't figured out what my true feelings are—that's all. I was genuinely happy, but I had to fake a bigger beam in order to match his overwhelming excitement.

"Yay!" I over-exaggerated and Carter laughed.

"You really are a funny one, Sky." He told me with humour, but his eyes seemed to want to spill more than just a jokey comment. Carter felt deeper feelings for me than he was letting on. Crap.

"Wait there," I told him whilst trying to open my door behind me, suddenly remembering how Cassie had dragged me over to the tie selection to pick out one. She had mainly done it so that Jameson and I could live out our 'Taylor Swift-esk love story'—her words, not mine. However, not unexpected at all, I wasn't going to the ball with Jameson, and all because of a stupid law. Because we were too afraid to break that law. Too afraid of the consequences.

I nearly fell into the room with a start when the door opened for me. It figures that whilst I had been jiggling around the handle, Jameson had clocked that I needed to get in, and so there he stood, holding the handle on the other side as I struggled to let go of my side.

I casually—or at least tried to be casual—waltzed past Jameson. With my back to them, God only knows what kind of trouble would go down. However, I trusted both of them equally, in different ways, to maintain their control for just five seconds longer. I pulled the box out of the bag and quickly spun around, glad when I saw two boys with all limbs remaining, and then brushed past Jameson, leaving him with a 'thanks' before shutting the door once more.

I handed Carter the box and he looked it with a slight confusion that made me crack a slight smile.

"It's the same shade of blue as my dress, I made sure of that." I assured him as he lifted off the lid and discovered the cobalt blue tie I had bought for him to wear to the ball.

"All you need to do now is buy yourself a suit." I told him, sounding rather chipper despite the ongoing battle of feelings in my heart. It was bloody Heart War One.

Carter broke out into yet another grin, furthering the wrenching damage to my heart. "Of course you did," He shook his head, referring to my earlier comment.

"But, I already bought a suit, the only thing I had left to after that was to ask you." He responded with a grin and I just smiled, happy that we were able to enjoy moments together at the ball, if not in the relationship Carter wanted, then in the relationship I wanted.

"Well, I'll pick you up in a few?" He offered and I nodded, a very much real smile on my face. Carter soon left, after a quick hug—and a kiss. I breathed out, more out of relief than to calm nerves, before retiring to my room.

Upon entering, I first walked straight into Jameson, then I realised how prominent the thick blanket of tension was. Jameson sighed and retreated to my bed, falling down onto it in a breach of guardian behaviour; it was a displaced; a not-so-guardian-like position—at all.

"I'm sorry for walking out, for saying that you needed a new guardian and for not being there when you needed me," Regret jaded his voice in a way that I found tinged my heart with sympathy for him. "I'm really sorry, Sky," He stressed the phrase, "Every part of my body aches over the fact that I nearly let you go." Jameson's voice fell into a whisper louder than a scream, but quieter than my pounding heart.

It was then that the sympathy that had been staining my heart started to pump through my veins. I hesitantly sat down on the edge of the bed too, then proceeded to shuffle over to him. Jameson wasn't looking at me, but I knew that he knew that I was slowly approaching—if not from the subtle noises or the dipping of the bed, then from those uncanny guardian senses.

"I forgive you." I told him sincerely, but Jameson reaction was a contrast to what I expected. His head jerked to the side so that he was looking at me, his eyes wide, full of shock and confusion.

"I forgive you, Jameson," I repeated, my hand finding his without having to tear my gaze away from him, "You messed up, it happens," I continued, "But I'm okay." I told him with a small, and what I hoped, was a comforting smile.

Jameson scoffed, "And what about the next time? When you're facing your inevitable death by the hands of those monsters and I decide to fucking walk out again because I couldn't deal with the fact that I love you!" His voice slowly reached a violent volume and I winced. Jameson had stood up whilst proclaiming his love for me, furthermore emphasising the fact that he was slowly losing control.

I couldn't breathe. My lungs were constricting and I felt as if my insides were drying up. This changed everything, that one statement: "I love you." The world suddenly became every part of him, his eyes, his lips, his velvet voice. I couldn't take my eyes off him, too absorbed in the idea of him. He isn't human; he is a miracle.

"Jameson," I couldn't say anything else in that moment. But, eventually, I did. "Your love for me won't be the end to my life, in fact it'd be the start. Your love will save me." I told him, taking a few steps closer to him, ramping up the tension with every foot forward.

"And will yours," He nodded earnestly, but then hesitated, "If you do.." He trailed off, but I read his mind the moment he had doubted my feelings.

"I do." I confirmed and watched as his face seemed to light up. I lied. He isn't a miracle; he is my miracle. And I marvelled in the joy and bliss that that conclusion brought to me.

________________________________

that that

#same

#SKYSON

HAS IT SAILED

IDK

ITS KINDA DELAYED LIKE if someone lost their luggage and the whole ship was confused uno

But Sky is taking Carter to the ball

Well then

I see

-I don't see

_____________
Next update: Monday
_____________

CHAPTER EIGHTY-SEVEN SPOILER:

Sky prepares for the ball with a special someone in the shadows.

The ball begins and magic/danger ensues.

You decide.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 51 45
Raynar has always had two agenda: To fulfill his duty as a guardian and to avenge his mother's death. His father made sure he is trained well, which...
1.8K 390 29
First love mostly ends up unrequited. Love slowly perishes in silence with words left unspoken forever. Along with that life lesson, Yurika left her...
Dreams ✔ By A♥️

Mystery / Thriller

1.6K 541 39
❌ "...every soldier in the room froze...They turned, focusing their burning eyes on one single thing, me. In a matter of seconds they were all on the...
2.4K 289 106
'I heard screams. They shattered my eardrums, I just didn't know that they would shatter my heart too. I span around, trying to follow the sound. I...