The Girl Who Stutters and The...

By Momo3625

Abby has always just been identified as stutter girl. Her high school life was a complete disaster, she li... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
New Story
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Q/A
Epilogue part One
Epilogue pt. Two
Sequel or spin-off?
Bonus Chapter
Sequel
Bonus Chapter 2.0
Bonus Chapter 2.5
What a surprise
New Book
Final Bonus Chapter
Spin-Off Story
Leaving Wattpad
Liam Spin-Off
Liam Spin-Off Sneak Peak
FULL Never Before Seen Bonus Chapter
For The Love Of Writing

Chapter Thirty Five

121K 4.8K 1K
By Momo3625

Abby's P.O.V.

So remember a couple of weeks ago when Cole set fire one of the science labs so that we could miss class and go to Palmerston for the day? Yeah, well it looks like it's coming back to bite him in the ass because they apparently figured out that it was him. That's the reason the police and Mr. O'Neil were here because they are currently on a wild goose chase looking for the two twins. I'm still not sure what exactly my parents are doing here because they've been quietly chatting with Anna and Falon since they got here.

"I need to talk to Scott alone," Falon says looking between Scott and I. But this time he isn't smirking, this time he's frowning...almost like he's sad about something.

"If this is more about your stupid wedding then-"

"It's not about that," Falon says and his shoulders slump. "That's what Anna wants to talk about with Abby but I actually need to talk to you about something different."

Scott finally relents and follows his brother outside. He must have noticed that something was wrong with him too.

"So the wedding!" I jump and turn towards my mother who is squealing and clasping her hands together like a twelve year old. I don't think I've ever seen my mother squeal so it appears that she's taking the news better than I thought she would.

"Y-you're okay w-with it?" I ask raising an eyebrow at her. My parents are extremely traditional, I wonder which of my dad's colleages Anna had to sleep with to pull this one off.

Okay, sorry that was a little bitchy. I'm a terrible sister.

"Of course," she says and I look over at my dad but he just shrugs nonchalantly. "Do you know who Falon's parents are Abby? We're talking about Falon Rogers, his parents are the third richest people in the world right now."

"Is t-that what t-this is about?" I ask turning towards Anna who has her head held in her hands. "Y-you're just with h-him for his m-money?"

"No," she quickly says shaking her head and shooting our parents a glare. "That's what they want."

"W-why are you with h-him then?" I ask narrowing my eyes at her. "Are you pre-"

"I love him!" She shouts before I can finish my sentence and she throws an icy glare at me before smiling at my parents brightly.

"Just be happy for your sister Abigail," my mother says. "Honestly I'm sure she's done so much for you since you've left home. Would you even have any of your friends had she not come with you this year?"

"Are y-you implying that Anna is t-the reason I h-have friends now?"

"I'm not saying that," she says shaking her head at me before looking over at my dad for help except he just shrugs his shoulders at her nonchalantly. He's a nonchalant guy. "I'm just saying that at home she helped you with so much-"

"I d-don't need her f-for everything!" I shout at her angrily. "I've b-barely even seen h-her since we got here."

My mother looks like she's about to say something back but just then Scott and Falon walk back into the room. I immediately rush over to Scott because both he an Falon's eyes are red as if they were just crying about something. When I get even closer to them I immediately notice the tear stains on both of their faces and I turn back towards Anna and my parents, pointing towards the door. They get what I'm trying to say and leave the room, Falon follows behind them.

"W-what's up?" I ask grabbing the sides of his face and making him face me.

"We need to go somewhere," he says placing his hands over mine. "Grab you're coat, it's supposed to rain tonight."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

We drive for a good two hours before we arrive at the destination that Scott's been driving us to. I look at him confused when we pull into a hospital parking lot. But he just shakes his head at me and steps out of the car and begins walking towards the entrance. So of course, I get out of the car and limp after him. He waits for me at the entrance and holds the door open for me before following after me. He walks up to the front desk and the lady immediately gets up to hug him.

"Scott!" She shouts happily hugging him, she looks like she's somewhere in her mid-40s but she still looks young in a weird way. "You haven't been here is months, what made you stop by today?"

Scott smiles down at her sadly before leaning in to whisper something in her ear and her smile immediately drops before she pulls him into another hug.

"I'm so sorry," she says before her eyes shift over towards me. "Who is this?"

"This is my girlfriend Abby," he says smiling slightly. "Abby this is Stella, she's a close family friend."

"You have a girlfriend!" Stella squeals running over and hugging me. "Finally, I get God children."

My face is probably fifty shades of red right now and Scott doesn't seem much better. We bid Stella our goodbyes and I follow Scott towards an elevator. We don't say anything as we travel to the second floor but he does grab hold of my hand, so maybe that's his way of showing affection without saying anything.

When we reach the second floor we walk down a long hallway and unlike all the hospials you normally see in the movies it's not chaotic and doctors aren't rushing around everywhere trying to get patients to stay alive and whatnot. Instead it's very quiet and serene, there are a couple doctors milling around, talking to patients sitting in wheel chairs. Scott turns right at one of the halls and stops in front of one of the doors. He breaths our heavily before pushing open the door and letting go of my hand. I follow him into the room, unsure of what exactly I'm about to see.

When I get inside the room I see Scott sitting next to a man, maybe in his twenties. The man doesn't appear to have anything wrong with him, he's got a few tubes in his arms that are hooked up to machines but right now he looks like he's just sleeping, he looks peaceful.

But now Scott has turned into a complete blubbering mess. His head is leaned against the bed and his shoulders are shaking violently. I cautiously walk over towards him and rub his back in a soothing matter. I'm not sure what exactly is happening but it obviously must be bad.

"Well now you've met him," Scott says looking up at me and rubbing his face with the back of his hand. "This is Daniel."

I quickly rack my brain for a Daniel but nothing comes to mind so I look over at the man sitting in this hospital bed. He's very handsome, now that I can see him up close I can see a small scar just under his hair line, like his head got banged there somehow. He looks familiar but I don't think I've seen him anywhere...

Daniel!

I rememeber him now, Scott told me about him. About the accident.

"Is h-he dying?" I ask Scott because I can't think of any other reason that Scott would be this disoriented.

"He's basically already dead," Scott spits angrily standing up. "My parents decided to pull the plug. Falon told me that they said it's been long enough. That if he was going to wake up he would have already. That it was pointless thinking that he was ever going too."

I stand there silently staring down at Daniel. I can see it now, he looks so much like Scott. I can clearly visualize how scary that night must have been for them. They were both happy about Scott turning sixteen and thought it was harmless for him to drive because he had just gotten his license. It must be terrifying for Scott to walk around harvesting all of this guilt with him.

"It's n-not your f-fault," I say setting my hand on my shoulder. He stares at me in disbelief before shaking my hand off of me.

"I killed him," he says violently shaking his head at me. "All of this is my fault."

"N-not it's now-"

"Bullshit!" He shouts making me jump a little bit. His eyes soften a little bit when he sees me jump. "See? I keep messing up. I can't talk to you when I'm like this..."

Scott fast walks out of the room and I let him leave so that he can go regain his composure. It's obvious that he just needs space right now. I sit next to Daniel and stare at him. Sometimes I wish that I could look that peaceful, not have a care in the world. Unfortunately for him it seems that he doesn't have a choice.

"W-what am I g-going to do?" I say aloud to no one in particular.

"Good question," I look up and my eyes widen. I squeeze my eyes shut and open them again to see that he's still there.

He's back again.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Hello there again. Who's back again? I'm back again, sooner than usual. I've been updating pretty well lately, it only took me three days this time. It usually takes like two weeks. Anyway who do you think is back again? Is it Nickelback? Prim? Hazel Grace Lancaster? Or do you think it's no one at all? Hmmm, guess you'll have to find out next time if you keep reading. Dollhouse by Melanie Martinez is off to the side---}} really love that song thought it kind of applied to the chapter. Melanie Martinez is like my favorite, right next to Halsey and Twenty One Pilots. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! Love y'all!!!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177 8 8
"What makes you laugh ? Do you think I won't dare to do it ?" I immediately stopped. Was she joking ? It had to be a joke...right ? There's no chanc...
859K 28.9K 34
"Your mouth may say you hate me," he whispered, "But your hands...they say otherwise." His eyebrows raised pointedly at my touch on his chest, face w...
47.1K 1.8K 52
She had never meant anything to him Until she meant everything to him *** Sylvia Hale is ready to start a new life. Finally, she is in Merlac Unive...
9.2M 422K 79
"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groaned. "I don't want to take a chance." t...