I'm Not Who You Think

By b_writing1d

*THE STORY IS NOT LIKE DARK* Harry Styles. What do you think of when you hear that name? Sweet? Generous? Hot... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
PLEASE EVERYONE READ
Over 7 years later...please read!

Chapter 58

3.5K 100 23
By b_writing1d

Harry's POV:

"Are you going to eat?" I asked Kate as we sat down at the dinner table. She looked at her plate of spaghetti and then across the table at me.

"I'm not hungry..." She mumbled, her expression soft. I groaned, standing up and dragging my chair to be right next to her. She didn't look at me as I sat down.

"Kate," She's worrying me now. This is the third day and she hasn't eaten anything. She never flinched, just looked down at her plate. "Look at me." Nothing, like she's emotionless. I grabbed her chin and softly turned her face to look at me, sadness in her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." She moved away from my hold, and picked up her fork.

"It's something." I'm trying to stay calm, but she's not being her and its scaring me that she's going to leave me again.

"No." Her voice sounded so helpless, her energy seemed so low as she swirled spaghetti on her fork.

"You're my girlfriend, were in a relationship. Relationships consist of telling each other what's wrong, Katelyn." She hates it when I call her by her full name, and that's probably going to be what gets her to tell me what's wrong.

She mumbled something, but I couldn't make out what it was. It was to quiet, almost as if she never even said anything.

"What was that?" I questioned, staring at her. She tried to just not look at me, but I forced her to. I softly grabbed her chin again, turning her to look at me. She closed her eyes, her skin seemed paler, and she seemed sick.

"It's Dan." As soon as the words fell from her mouth, I stood up. She looked up at me, sadness in her eyes.

"What about him?" Stay calm, stay calm.

"His death.." Her words were coming out as mumbles, but I could hear them.

"And why do you fucking care?" Why does she? He beat the shit out of her, never listened to her, hurt her, and so much more shit.

"Cause I knew him for so long," she looked away from me and I looked down at her. She's pissing me off. This is the reason she's been upset for days? "And I did date him..."

"And who are you dating now? Oh, you want him back if he was alive?" I stepped away from her, anger building inside of me.

"Of course not!" She stood up, her tired eyes looking at me. "It's just after everything Harry! We break up, I almost get pregnant, then I find out that my ex has been killed! Should I be happy and jumping around giggling?" That's the most I've heard out of her for days. Maybe I should just keep pissing her off so she can talk more.

"Why do you care about him being dead? Shouldn't you be happy?" I snapped. She frowned, standing up straight and glaring at me.

"I don't wish death on anyone Harry! You shouldn't either." I only wish death on him. And oh hey, my wish came true.

"Whatever. Go to fucking Dans grave and beg him to take you back." My words came out harsher than I planned, but I just walked away and went upstairs to the bedroom. This isn't right. I understand that death isn't right for anyone, but after everything he put her through, why should she care?

I could just imagine her getting thrown into the wall, crying out and watching Dan as he towered over her, his knuckles pounding into her sensitive skin. Or how he could kick her to the ground and leave her there to cry. Or how he would throw her onto the couch, climb on top of her, and roughly make out with her while she pleaded for him to stop.

How could she miss that?

I sat down on the bed and put my elbows on my knees, my breathing harsh like I had been running for hours.

How could she miss that asshole? All he did was beat her. Punch after punch, kick after kick, throw after throw, yell after yell, cries after cries.

Suddenly I heard a crash come from downstairs and I ran down the steps as fast as I could, into the kitchen. I looked down at the kitchen floor and saw a cup either smashed or dropped onto the floor, broken pieces everywhere. My eyes followed up until they met with Kate's which were filled with tears.

"Are you going to hate me now because I accidentally dropped the cup?" Her bottom lip quivered, her voice shaky. She dropped to her knees and slowly began picking the pieces of glass up. I gasped and stepped forward more, avoiding stepping on any glass.

"Stop it Kate." I said getting down at her level. She didnt listen, crying, and still picking up the glass. I smacked her hand and grabbed her wrist, pulling her up with me.

"Let go." She tried getting out of my grip, but I just tightened it. Her tears were running down her cheeks, hurt covering her eyes. I pulled her closer to me, my hand pressing into her back to have more control. She gave up trying to pull away and leaned her head into my chest, sobbing loudly. My heart broke and I regretted saying everything I did to her. I moved my hands to the back on her thighs, lifting her up and having her legs wrap around my waist. I avoided stepping on the glass and walked us out of the kitchen, upstairs and into the bedroom. I set her down on the bed, and she laid back flat on the pillows, wiping her tears. I joined her and hooked my arm around her waist, pulling her body against mine.

"Baby," I mumbled into her ear. She tucked her face into my chest and quietly cried. Something else is bugging her, and I need to find out what. "I'm sorry." What else can I say? Apologizing is the best I can do right now.

"Tell me how much of a fucking idiot I am." She rolled away from me, and turned on her side, her back facing me. "Come on, you're dying to say it." Her voice cracked, and my chest pained.

"Stop it Kate." I wrapped my arm around her. She tried moving away, but I pulled her closer to me, her back pressing into my stomach. "I didn't mean it. It came out wrong." Her hair covered all over my face, but I moved it away and softly kissed that back of her neck. "You know I love you." Her crying stopped and she just laid there, not moving or anything.

"Leave me alone Harry." Her voice was so soft, she sounded tired. When I peaked over her shoulder and saw her eyes were closed, her lips parted slightly.

"You're just tired Kate, go to sleep." I said, climbing off of the bed. I grabbed the duvet at the end of the bed and covered her.

"Mhmmm." She responded, and I watched her as she fell asleep in less than a minute. Has she been sleeping? Has she just been staying up all night laying there silently?

I turned out the light and walked down the stairs, into the kitchen, and began cleaning up the mess. What happened to her? Is she still upset cause of what I did by kissing that girl? Or that she was maybe pregnant? Or that the person she spent about a year of her life with is dead?

I should've watched what I said, cause little did I know, it would effect her like this.

After I cleaned everything up, I headed back upstairs and took everything off except for my boxers. I lifted the duvet up slightly and laid down, wrapping my arm around her warm body, pulling her back to my stomach. I closed my eyes and laid there, thinking. I felt her hand go to mine that was wrapped around her body and lock our fingers together. I smiled and softly rubbed my thumb over her knuckles, my smile faded as tired took over. I fell into a deep sleep.

Kate's POV:

I woke up the next morning, my body literally on top of Harry's. His arms were tightly wrapped around my stomach, his hot breath hitting my shoulder. I tried as best as I could to easily roll off of him to not wake him, but I failed.

"Hmm?" His voice cracking slightly. I moved next to him and looked at him. His eyes stayed shut but I knew he was awake now.

"Sorry..." I whispered. His hand moved to mine and softly caressed over it. I smiled lightly and looked at him.

"Why do you miss Dan?" My heart sunk by his question that came out of no where. "Answer me." He opened his eyes and turned to look at me. Dark green covered his tired eyes, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"I don't miss him... It's just the fact that he's well.." I couldn't finish my sentence before Harry cut me off.

"Gone."

"Yeah, gone." I sighed.

"I really am sorry for how I reacted last night. I didn't mean to tell you to go to his grave and beg him back... It just, it came out wrong." His raspy voice echoed in my mind. "Are you still upset with me?" He questioned. I laid my head on his chest, his finger softly tracing my skin on my shoulder.

"No, it just hurt..." I admitted.

"Well I really am sorry." His voice vibrated against my cheek and I leaned up to look at him. I pressed my lips to his and then buried my face into the crook of his neck.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for not being me lately. I don't know what's wrong with me." I admitted. He kissed my forehead and I couldn't help but smile.

"So I was thinking we could go out today?" He questioned. I sat up and nodded. "Maybe out for breakfast and then shopping?" I smiled and he smiled back, his dimples popping out.

"As long as you don't buy me stuff, then yes." I bit my bottom lip and poked one of his dimples. He grabbed my hand and softly kissed it.

"You know I'm going to buy you things." He responded. I rolled my eyes and climbed out of bed. "Kate?" His voice said. I turned to look at him, watching as he stood up also. He walked over to the dresser and I just stared at his bare back, watching as he grabbed something and shut it.

"Yeah?" I asked as he turned around. He held his hands behind his back and I tilted my head to the side in confusion.

"Will you wear the promise ring again?" He removed his hands from behind his back and the shiny ring was in his hand. I felt that rush of excitement just like the first night he asked me to wear it. "And I also promise never to get drunk at a bar again." He half smiled. I walked closer to him, holding out my hand while smiled. He grabbed it and slipped the ring into my ring finger. I shyly hugged him.

"Let me get dressed." I smiled and kissed his soft lips. I walked over to a dresser drawer, pulling out a black sweater, and dark blue skinny jeans. I took off my shirt, being thankful I was wearing a bra due to Harry staring at me as I changed. I didn't mind him looking at me for once, I don't know why, but I didn't even care. I slipped off my leggings and put on the skinny jeans.

"I could just rip these clothes off of you right now and we stay in for the rest of the day." Harry's voice suddenly said. I turned to look at him to see a evil smirk on his face.

"Nice try." I said walking out of the bedroom, swaying my hips as I did so. After brushing my hair and teeth, slipping on my black Vans, and waiting for Harry to get dressed, we headed out.

The cold air made goosebumps trace my skin and I was thankful that Harry had already started the car for the heat. As he drove, we stayed silent. I kept on looking at the shiny ring and smiling. Maybe today will be a good day.

We arrived outside at Starbucks and walked inside quickly, avoiding being seen by any fans. Luckily they were in school, but we also had to look out for paparazzi.

I ordered a simple black coffee and Harry got a iced coffee. We sat down at one of the tables and I watched as a middle aged couple walked in.

"Thanks for getting this for me." I said to Harry, but my eyes stayed locked on that couple. They looked familiar, too familiar.

"Kate?" Harry waved his hands in front of my face, bringing my attention back to him.

"Huh? Sorry." My cheeks began to burn, but that quickly faded as I heard the mans voice speak.

"Yeah, I'll get a black coffee." His voice seemed to be the only thing I could hear. Black coffee, my father always loved black coffee. The man looks an awful like my father too. His dark hair combed back, dark mustache... But it can't be him.

"And I'll get a frappe." The women's voice said. It sounded a lot like my mothers... She also looked like her.. How her long brown hair swayed down her back. It can't be though, they've been long gone for years now.

"Kate? What's wrong?" Harry's voice rang in my ears. I looked back at him, my eyes wide. My heart was pounding. Am I hallucinating? "Why do you keep looking at them?" He questioned. I couldn't help it. I stood up and walked over to the couple, and the man looked at me. His green eyes looked into my brown ones... And I recognized those eyes from anywhere.

"Kate?" Harry placed his hand on my shoulder. I stared at the couple, my heartbeat uneven.

"Can I help you?" My father smiled at me. Did I change that much?

"It's me." I said, my eyes flickering back and fourth between my mother and father.

"Kate?" My parents chorused.

"It's you." I couldn't move, my blood was rushing through my body so fast I thought I was going to pass out.

"What?" Harry's voice suddenly said.

"Mum," I looked at her, and I knew it was her. "Dad." I looked at him, and I knew it was him also.

Am I dreaming?

A/N:

VOTE AND COMMENT <3

The more votes and comments I get, the faster ill update c:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 22 80
Ever feel like whatever is out there isn't where you currently are. Like maybe something was calling your name but you aren't for certain what but it...
1.1K 101 33
~* Bad decisions make great stories *~ A Harry Styles dark romance that explores the intricacies of mental health, morality and sexual attraction. En...
9.7K 616 80
Not everything can be healed by a medicine. ~~~ "Who are you, Harry Styles?" The smirk on his face disappeared and he turned extremely serious. His f...
662 22 7
This is the first part of my hopefully forthcoming book series because I want to write a book series about Harry Styles with your kind of playing the...