Aaron Hotchner One-Shots

By dreamer9511

Okay, so recently I've fallen for the dark and mysterious Aaron Hotchner. Don't get me wrong, I still love me... More

Graduation
Meeting Jack
I'll Keep You Warm
To the Rescue
Pool Party
Intimidation
Out For a Run
I Hope You Dance
Fever (pt. 2)
A/N - READ
I Can't Look at the Stars
Coffee?
Surprise
I've Been Thinking...Out Loud.
How To Save a Life

Fever

21.4K 355 47
By dreamer9511

Eight. It had been eight days since I had been taken. I think. There were no windows, no doors. Only a small vent-type things at the top of the walls that allowed me to track the light from whatever was above me, which I assumed was sunlight. Sitting on the hard, stone floor, chained to the wall, I was slowly losing hope. The only thing I had to hold on to was the hope that the team would find me before it was too late. I felt like crying more, but I couldn't physically produce any more tears. I thought back to the profile we had conjured up and the moments before my abduction.

We sat around the conference table, spouting off thoughts and theories as to why this guy was kidnapping women, all alike in stature and physical appearance, but was holding them for two weeks before killing them. Each body had been found in a dumpster, but had their arms crossed over their chests and a sheet up to their faces. It was a blatant disrespect for the woman, but the arms over the chest and the sheet showed signs of remorse. It made no sense. "Why would he take them, torture them, abuse them, dump them in a dumpster for everyone to see, only to cross their arms over their chests and cover them up to their necks?" Derek said, pacing the room. "Maybe it's not a sign of remorse," I started. This got their attention, and I continued, "what if it's a ritual? Something he has to do? There is nothing in his M.O. to suggest him being remorseful. We profiled him as a sociopathic narcissist," I trailed off. So far, we'd pinned him as such, as well as a male in his late twenties to early thirties, with some kind of work-from-home job, and that had a history of being abused by his mother, but nothing that was ever recorded. It would only show up as hospital visits that ended up in excuses such as falling down the stairs or passed off as a bicycle accident. So far, nothing had shown up.

I was getting frustrated, and decided to go out for some air. The UnSub's type was brunette with blue eyes, around 5'4", and average build. Basically, like me, but I had brown eyes. So far, the UnSub hadn't strayed. I went out front and took a deep breath. It just didn't make any sense. This was a basic, stereotypical case, yet we had no leads. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I ran my hand through my hair. There was a rustling coming from around the corner. I put my hand on my gun and headed over to check it out. A figure came from around the corner quickly and I jumped, pulling my fist back for impact. "Hey, hey, hey, it's just me," I heard a voice say. My eyes focused in the dark and I saw Aaron. I let out a huge breath. "Jeez, you scared the crap out of me!" I exclaimed, playfully hitting him in the chest. His face scrunched up in pain and I immediately apologized. "Remind me never to piss you off," he said, and I smiled shyly at him. "Although, all I'd have to do is pretend I'm hurt again, and you'll forget that you're mad," he said, laughing. I glared at him. He chuckled and looked down at me. "I'm headed back inside. You coming?" I told him I'd be in shortly, and waved him off when he offered to stay outside with me. I could see the concern in his eyes as he reluctantly went inside.

I didn't know what to do. We had less than an hour before another body showed up, and we were no closer to finding out who was behind it than we were during the briefing. I sighed. Coffee. Coffee was calling my name. Thankfully, I saw a coffee shop not far down the road, so I decided that I'd make good use of my break. I crossed the street and went down to the little coffee shop. It was quaint and adorable, definitely something I'd frequent. I ordered my usual, a caramel frappuccino. I wasn't one for hot coffee, no matter the weather. It just so happened to be freezing here, but I didn't mind. I was walking back when someone bumped into me, knocking my coffee out of my hand. I was about to go off on the person when I was hit over the head with something metal. Everything went dark.

That's how it happened. And now, here I was, in some freak's...basement? I think that's what it is. Either way, it's cold. It's been raining every night, and the water seeps into the basement, filling it up about an inch or so, and drenching me in the process. The shaking that had started about four days ago was now uncontrollable. I couldn't feel my feet anymore. My arms were numb from hanging above me. I heard the door creak open as I tried to keep my eyes from closing. "What...do you want?" I asked, noting that breathing was becoming increasingly difficult. All I got in return was a low chuckle.

He came over, unclasping my hands from the wall, only to drag me across the room. I knew what this meant, and I wasn't thrilled. He reattached my hands to a chain from the ceiling. My toes barely grazed the floor and I thrashed around, trying to kick him, but it didn't help. I heard the whip crack against my thighs and I let out a scream. This was his ritual, and it had been since I was brought here. He would whip me a few times every so often, when he felt like it, and then he would do what he pleased. "My team will find you," I said through gritted teeth. "You keep saying that. You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't even noticed that you're gone," he said, whipping my back. I stifled a scream that came out as a loud wince. "You really think that agent you're so in love with actually cares about you?" I looked at him.

This was new...he hadn't mentioned anything about Aaron. I kicked him in the stomach and his fist came in contact with my stomach. He tied my feet together, and they were no longer touching the floor. "I bet," he said, getting as close to me as possible, putting his hands on my waist, "he won't even want to touch you anymore. Not after I'm done with you." I started to get upset. 'No. You can't do this. This is what he wants,' I thought to myself. I couldn't let him have the satisfaction. He ran his hands down my waist and I closed my eyes, filling my thoughts of Aaron to block out what was really happening.

***

Back at the BAU, Hotch and the team were actively trying to locate her whereabouts. Aaron's phone rang, and Garcia told the team she had some news. "Hey my lovelies, I think I've got him!" she exclaimed, almost busting Aaron's eardrum. "Go, Garcia," he said, putting her on speakerphone. "Okay, so, this guy by the name of Daron Wailey, 31, has had a seriously rough life. His mother was a prostitute and would bring men over to the house all the time. It says that on more than one occasion, Daron was sent to the hospital on the nights that people said his mother was working. But here's the catch, she died two weeks ago, just before the killings started." JJ spoke up, "She must have included him in the home visits with her clients, and now he can't get revenge on her because she's dead. It's the ultimate stressor." Garcia was typing fervently on the keyboard. "Guys, she looks just like our victims," she stated. "Baby girl, do you have an address for us?" Derek said. "It's on your tablets and phones. Please bring her back safely."

***

I don't know how long he had left me there, but I was crying from the pain. I was in and out of consciousness, but every time I would resurface, the pain had increased. The slashes from the whip drew blood, but they weren't too deep. I wouldn't bleed out, I would only be in severe pain, which is exactly what he wanted. I had blood dripping down my legs, stomach, and back, and my hands were turning blue from lack of circulation. I dropped my head down, ready to give up. The words he had spoken to me rang through my head. "He'll never want you now. You're used and broken. He'll always be able to find better. You're nothing to him, and he couldn't ever love you. You couldn't possibly give him what he wants. You're weak."

I sobbed quietly, though no tears fell. I was dehydrated and growing weaker by the minute. I heard a door open upstairs, and I prayed quietly that it was the team. Footsteps grew closer. I felt a hand grab my mouth. "You scream, or make any noise, and I will kill him." I whimpered into his hand. The basement door opened, and I saw them. Derek and Rossi were walking down the stairs. He pulled a knife out and put it at my throat. "Daron Wailey, FBI. Put the knife down," Derek said, walking closer. "You think I'm gonna give up that easily," he said, pressing the knife closer. Derek stopped abruptly, "Alright, alright, just calm down. We can talk about this." Daron looked between Derek and Rossi. "What your mother did to you was unfair, Daron...but look at her...she's not your mother," Rossi started in. "She...she deserves it...all of it!" He screamed, startling me. "Daron...you're going to hurt an innocent woman...you know this. Your mother is dead." Daron trembled and raised the knife. Derek shot him twice in the chest and he was gone.

"Hotch!!!" Rossi called. The team came running in. "Oh my God," Aaron said, running over to me. Derek held my waist up as Rossi unlocked the chains. I fell limp onto them, and Aaron's arms were around me quickly. He lowered me to the ground while Derek called for the ambulance. "I am so sorry, I should've stayed outside with you. Please, please forgive me," he said, pulling me to him. I wanted so desperately to tell him it was okay, but I found it hard to breathe, hard to move. All that came out was "not...fault....don't". He looked down at me, and it was hard to keep my eyes open. I felt my eyelids forcing themselves closed against my will. "No, no, no, don't do that. Look at me. Look at me! Stay awake...do not close your eyes," he said, stroking my hair. I pulled all the strength I had together and raised my hand to his cheek. "Aaron," I whispered. "Shh, don't. It's okay. You've got a really high fever. You need to save your energy." He was probably right, it was in the negatives, and here I was, soaking wet, bleeding, and in a tank top and shorts. "Don't.......leave...." I said through gritted teeth. "Never," he said.

He let a tear slip as I let the darkness engulf me.

A/N: Hey, guys! This turned out to be super long. I like the direction it's going and I have ideas for another part. Would any of you like to read a part two? Let me know!

~A

Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 784 20
Just Criminal minds One-Shots/Imagines that I came up with while sleep-deprived (which is about 95% of my life right now) :) I take requests and my...
176K 1.7K 12
I have recently fallen in love with the show Criminal Minds! And I know that if I start writing too late, I'll lose interest, so I'm gonna start writ...
9.2K 249 16
"I know our history Agent Hotchner, and it's been more than a decade we last saw each other. Judging from the photo on your desk, you have moved on...
69K 1.7K 36
When Jennifer jareau and spencer reid realize they have feelings for each other how will their team react? How will they tell each other? This is my...