Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

Bởi shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... Xem Thêm

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

39- Battle bonds

439 41 10
Bởi shinymewgirl

"Melody, stand by!" I called, throwing her Luxury Ball into the air. It did a double spin before opening, the mechanical sound of a materialising Pokémon followed the bright blue light that took seconds to form into my Meloetta.

She did a quick spin in the air, getting ready in a battle stance. Her brilliant bright blue eyes filled with disgust as she snarled fiercely at Kathrine, which is understandable on many levels above my normal Pokémon. Meloetta is know as the protecter of The Voice of Purity and Melody has a strong bond with both Purity and I, not to mention her strong friendship with Faith who's pain no doubt was no doubt felt by my Melody Pokémon. She's down right pissed and I'm not far behind.

"Go, Absol." Kathrine smirked, paying no mind to Melody's look of disgust.

Instinctively, my hand closed around Guardians Pokéball, feeling the warmth of the Absol inside. My hands started shaking as I reminded myself that my own Absol was safe. She was perfectly fine during the hour is been given to plan and strategies for this battle and she'd not left my side since I returned her. I was still shaken from Faith's battle, the condition she was currently in was horrible and I knew she couldn't safely leave her Pokéball until she was in a Pokémon Centre or I had my healing abilities back.

I lightly blew hair from my face, tensing then relaxing my fists as my last opponent materialised. Rather then darkened while fur that smoothed over the body of a regular Absol, the corrupted form of it's mega had shaggy, midnight black fur, disheveled and over grown. It's however were hardly representative of it's body, devil like angel wings lay curled aside it's body. Green claws scratched trails through the dirt as it flicked it's head back, sickly green horm reflecting the light as it pulsed it's evil colour. It's pupiless grew eyes landed on Melody, snarling fiercely as it crouched low, ready to pounce.

"I do believe you have a Mega Absol, am I right Emma?" Kathrine smirked with a devilish smile. "You are quite lucky I must say, yours was almost the one you'd be forced to battle right now but you managed to slip from my base with it just before my scientists were ready with the syrum."

A bitter nod was my only reply before I called my first attack. "Relic Song Melody!"

With a brief nod, the Melody Pokémon shut her eyes, singing her song of life and beauty. Most people couldn't understand the tune but naturally, I could. As her words rung through the field, she spun around and danced to the lyrics. Her dress parted into four parts, resembling a tutu. The soft black headpiece moved along her hair, ringing out chimes of pure notes as it struck the blue dots that decorated her hair like feature, changing it from summer green to autumn orange as it curled around to rest a top her head. Sparks of light emitted elegantly for her body as she pulled a final pose.

Melody was now in her Pirouette form, rather then her regular Aria form. Her typing had changed from a Normal and Psychic type to a Normal and Fighting type which would give her the edge over a Mega Absol.

Not to mention that Relic Song did a reasonable amount of damage.

"Night Slash Absol."

"Counter with Close Combat!"

The razor like horn of Absol's glowed it's usual sickly green colour, fusing with the blackness of the Night Slash while Melody's fists glowed with the fighting energy of her Close Combat. She growled at her opponent, charging in to dance elegantly out of the way of Absol's Night Slash only to slam in the side of the face with her Fighting type attack. After several blows, Melody jumped doing a twirl as she landed in from of me.

Absol tossed it's head slightly before charging forward with another Night Slash at the ready. The Mythical Pokémon was caught off guard, thrown to the side by the powerful Dark type attack but just like Absol, she simply brushed off the attack, rising in the air to retake her battle ready stance.

Squeezing my hands once more into fists, I ordered Melody to use her Close Combat again, telling her to stay well out of the way of any attack that Absol might launch. She snorted in response, dancing elegantly around Absol, hitting and kicking it before moving away to quickly for Absol to follow.

"Future Sight Absol, followed up by Swords Dance." Kathrine said cooly, inspecting her nails in boredom.

The eyes of the corrupted Mega lit with the daunting light of a Future Sight attack, honing in on Melody despite her best efforts to dodge. Without skipping a beat, inky tendrils of a black gunk seeped from the Absol's wings, taking the form of savage swords that swirled around it's blackened figure, raising the Attack of my opponent.

"Now Night Slash." Kathrine ordered.

"Dodge it Melody!" I screamed but I was to late as my Meloetta was nailed in the chest by the attack.

Kathrine's next order came out just as smoothly as her others. "Now Psycho Cut." She said without giving Melody a chance to recover.

"Relic Song!" I ordered, aiming to lower the damage taken by the super effective move but she never hit a chance as she was sent flying by a critical hit. "Melody!"

~I--I can still fight Emma, but not for much longer.~ Melody said weakly, floating into the air, gripping her bleeding shoulder tightly. ~Make this count, this Absol is stomper then any Pokémon I've faced in a long time.~

I sneezed my hands into fists. "Close Combat!"

Melody winced, charging in by she never even made contact as she screamed in pain, engulfed by a sickly green glow. The Future Sight, I winced, how could I have forgotten? She fell from the air, clearly the unconscious but Kathrine wasn't done.

"Psycho Cut."

But the Melody disappeared from the air before any contact could be made, safely returning to the confinements of her Pokéball. She would be able to battle after that and my anger would just result in her getting more wounded then necessary. It's okay, you still have three Pokémon left. Don't worry, it'll work out. But I doubted my own thoughts. Melody had gone down way to quickly, only three hits which was the fastest anyone has ever knocked her out of battle. How would my other Pokémon manage against such a foe? Night, Rio and Guardian remained. I had a feeling that Kathrine was trying to get me to use Guardian as a Mega Absol battle to the finish but even in her Mega form, she wasn't the strongest of the three.

I pulled my Fire type from her space on my belt, throwing her Pokéball into the air. "Rioyaru, stand by for battle." My Arcanine followed my command, crouching low with a vicious snarl pulling at her muzzles with her hackles raised.

"Thunderbolt!" I ordered, relieved that unlike Melody, Rio was a Special Attacker and could cause damage without getting to close to her opponent.

"Swords Dance." Kathrine countered.

As did before, inky swords encased Absol, batting away the sparks of electricity that crackled from the fur of my Arcanine. I muttered a curse under my breath as Kathrine ordered a Night Slash which was now painfully boosted by two Swords Dances and much more powerful then normal.

Rio jumped back, shooting a beam of crisp ice to the floor in front of her. She let out a yelp of surprise by the new attack, causing her to stumble but still manage to dodge the Night Slash by a hairs breath. ~Hey Emma, I found that Ice Beam Articuno was talking about.~ She chuckled, leaping out of the way of another Night Slash and shooting out another beam of ice. ~This is actually really cool, get it? Cool.~

"Celebrate later Rio, Flamethrower." I growled, straining every fibre of my being to not face palm at that moment.

The Legendary Pokémon nodded without hesitation as a crisp column of fire burst from her jaws, encasing Absol in its blaze. Rioyaru was one of my strongest Pokémon, one of my first and had been with me for more then five years now so when Absol charged strait into the inferno, I was to shocked to move, leaving Rio to be slashed across the face by yet another Night Slash.

A yelp left the jaws of my Fire type companion as blood dripped down her muzzle, she shook her head violently, flicking drops of crimson blood through the air. Absol took a few robotic steps back as Rioyaru composed herself, panting hard as her black nose twitch.

"Reversal!" I ordered, receiving a bark in response. It was risky since Rio would have to get in close but it was a super effective move that would do more damage with the more hits she took.

My Arcanine charged in on Absol, her body cloaked in a sheer autumn kind of light as she drew strength from the damage she had taken. A snarl left her lips as she slammed full force into Absol, pushing it back several feet before the Mega regained its composure, growling at Rioyaru in a metallic kind of anger.

"Swords Dance again Absol." Kathrine ordered, flicking away a piece of dirt from her dress pants.

"Don't let that happen, Reversal again!" I ordered, knowing that Absol had already been powered up far to much and another Swords Dance upgrade would would be bordering on deadly for my Pokémon.

My heart raced in my chest as Rio closed in, the inky swords forming around Absol, almost in slow motion but at the last moment, Kathrine gave an order I didn't expect. "Night Slash." She smirked, her Pokémon charged in with swords still swirling around it. The blades broke through Rioyaru's Reversal, casting it aside as if it were nothing as the powered up Night Slash cut deep into Rio's chest.

"Rio!" I screamed, watching helplessly as my Fire type fell to the ground, bleeding heavily.

With a growl of frustration, I returned the Legendary Pokémon, knowing that to keep her in battle would be signing her a death wish. Something I could and would not risk. Clearly Absol was Kathrine's strongest Pokémon, having taken down two of my strongest poke in without breaking a sweat. I had a feeling she wanted to draw my own Mega into battle but using Guardian or Night could be risky. Kathrine wanted my Absol to battle and Night wasn't always obedient with me since she was a sarcastic smartass with way to much sass for her own good, not to mention I've hardly used her since Unova.

My fingers closed around my choice Pokémon, throwing the blue and red Great Ball into the air without a word. The Absol that emerged stood patiently on the field, blood red eyes filled with a cautious distain as her horn gleamed in the unnatural light produced from the field. The Mega Pendent around her neck shone dimly, seemingly pulsing in anticipation of being used. The Key Stone around my wrist seemed to warm, a feeling I was used to having battled with my Mega Absol several times in the past.

"Okay Guardian, time to show these losers what a real bond looks like, Mega Evolve!" I ordered, holding my Key Stone out to the Disaster Pokémon as I tapped the jewel, releasing the power within to connect with my Pokémon.

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 1944

Much happier with this battle. Sorry these chapters are taking so long to get out, I hate hate hate writing battle scenes cause they take forever snd still feel so short. Not to mention I'm trying to give Emma's Pokémon the strength of her Champion title while making them loose to Kathrine.

Fun fact: Emma's birth full name is Emma Joyce Kathrine Galaxy. She had Galaxy changed when adopted by Clair and Cyrus completely dropped Kathrine off from her name after she left him. It's so fun going through old book notes that you've completely forgotten about.

Who likes the new cover? Defiantly my favourite so far.

Anyway, I has a psycho friend who insisting I talk to her sooooooo, I better talk. If I don't turn up by next week, I'm dead. Toodles~! 😜

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

446 63 7
"I thought I had no 𝓻𝓮𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓼... Now I realize 𝓘 𝓭𝓸." This was it - you were entering Giovanni's office, prepared to the the evil organ...
5.1K 166 21
Angel Barnes wasn't your average 17 year old girl living in Vaniville Town. What you might not know is she was infact raised by Pokémon. How you may...
143K 7.3K 62
It's been a whole year since Emma left her friends and six months since she last spoke to any of them, the worst of it is that no one knows why. To t...
223K 10.3K 52
After a past of abuse and heartache, Emma's only solace is her own strength. Depending only on herself and her Pokémon is how she gets from one day t...