Maharlika Mahika // undergoin...

By coalesxence

Tell me, tell me. Are we star-crossed? We balance on the fine line between us, unable stay on the same side o... More

Author's Preface
Act I
Act II
Act III
Act IV
Act V
Act VI
Act VII
Act VIII
Act IX
Act X
Act XI
Act XII
Act XIII
Act XIV
Act XV
Act XVI
Act XVII
Act XVIII
Act XIX
Act XX
Act XXI
Act XXII
Act XXIII
Act XXIV
Act XXV
Act XXVI
Act XXVII
Act XXVIII
Act XXIX
Act XXX
Act XXXI
The Final Act
Extra: The Wedding
author's note + update

Act XXXII

99 9 29
By coalesxence

The prisoners slept side by side, hands intertwined, breaths and heart beats synchronized.

They had each other, that's what mattered.

That's what mattered for now.

The rails squeaked, and the footsteps resounded on the concrete. Strong hands pulled the king apart from the outcast, hands no longer together.

"What is—" said the king, waking up immediately.

A soldier seized the king and pulled him harshly out of the cell. He mumbled about execution.

"Unhand me!" he yelled, thrashing in the soldier's grasp.
"Orders are orders." the soldier deadpanned.

In the commotion, the shackled outcast opened her eyes, to see her love being led to execution.

"Tobio!" she yelled, trying her best to free herself from the shackles that held her captive.

She didn't want this. She didn't want the love of her life taken away from her instantly.

"Take me instead!" she shouted to the soldier.

If it means risking her life to protect this man, she'll do it.

She's a Mahika, an outcast, anyway.

"Jiyuu, no!" the king insisted, but the Mahika stood by her decision.

The king never wanted this. He never wanted her to take his place for execution. He doesn't want her to die.

And yet the Mahika stood firm by her decision, only to protect him.

"You two will come for execution then!" the soldier yelled, freeing the woman from her shackles and throwing her out of the dungeon.

Kageyama helped her up, and they were led to execution hand in hand.

Yes, even if they died, what matters is the love they had for each other.

Jiyuu felt her magic come back slowly as they were led out of the dungeons. All the restrictions inside of her were broken.

She had a plan.

She whispered, and in a snap of a finger, the soldier fell, a cold corpse he became.

"Let's run."

They dashed out of the dungeon, and as they did, more soldiers greeted them, swords drawn. They were cold corpses in a few seconds.

The spell she used was the only spell that laws couldn't restrict.

The cursed spell, Kamatayan(1)

They ran, as soldiers fell like trees in a strong storm, cold and lifeless under Jiyuu's hand.

In their escape, they found themselves in the throne room of the palace, where a battle ensued.

An orange battalion against a turquoise military.

Kageyama smirked. Takeda followed his orders well.

"I knew you would escape."

The turquoise king smirked, eyes with a glint of revenge. Oh, how he wanted to crush his cousin once and for all, after what he had done four years ago.

Oikawa drew his sword, pointing it at his cousin, with a smirk.

"Let's finish this once and for all, shall we?"

------------

Kageyama's POV

Jiyuu looked at me, as she gave me a sword she conjured with a spell. She implored me to win, and she ran off, to fight.

I hope she'll be alright.

Oikawa charged toward me, and we began the duel.

Metal on metal, blade on blade, swords in a dance.

His parries were well calculated as usual, while mine were sloppy and careless. He smiled at me, while I glared at him.

The dance continued, as I tried my best not to waver even slightly.

I had to fight.

"You were never a match for me." he said, mocking my weakness.

He managed to slice my skin, and crimson fell on the floor.

I had to fight.

Another slice.

I had to fight.

A slight pierce on my side.

I had to fight.

Blood collecting on the floor as I dueled with him.

But I had to fight.

-------------

Jiyuu's POV

The snap of my fingers resonated through the room, making a hundred Aoba Johsai soldiers fall cold and lifeless.

Tobio was still fighting with Oikawa, wounded, with blood on the floor where he stood.

He still fought even though he's hurt.

I never wanted to see him like that.

"Aim for her hand!"

Arrows rained down on me, but they froze in midair and shattered with a snap of a finger.

I continued the battle, spells in a barrage. I took down soldiers in seconds, and driving Karasuno to victory with each passing minute.

The Karasuno soldiers helped me in the pursuit, and together, we defeated the army little by little.

This war will end once and for all.

Then my eyes caught sight of hooded figures in black. I gasped, as I knew who the newcomers were.

Rebels.

"Iwaizumi! What are they doing here? You were supposed to guard the door!" Oikawa demanded as the rebels destroyed and killed thousands of soldiers with their spells.

In an instant, the King of Aoba Johsai was on the ground, crimson growing on his chest.

It was not Tobio's sword that caused the wound.

"I had to let them in, my lord."

Iwaizumi's eyes glowed violet, drawing his sword out of his master's chest.

"Because I am their leader."

I knew it.

I knew it when I saw him for the first time.

He was all too familiar, it wasn't a mistake.

I froze in my spot, as I realized everything.

Iwaizumi Hajime.. is my brother.

"I...trusted.. you." the King said weakly.

My brother's laughed pierced my ears, cold and sharp, full of revenge.

"You're a fool to trust me. I planned everything from the start. The wars, the Hukbo, the capture of my sister...everything. You're the same as every Maharlika, you're a fool! And now, when the sun rises, I shall be called King!"

Oikawa looked at him with sad eyes, as snippets of his life were sliding away. A tear fell from his eye.

He changed. He wasn't the brother I knew and loved.

He was now the brother filled with hatred I never wanted to happen.

"Hajime! Stop this all, brother!" I yelled, hoping to bring back the he always was.

He looked at me with eyes full of revenge.

I hated those eyes.

"Join me, sister. And we shall rule over the Maharlika!" he said.
"No." I refused, clenching my fists in anger.
"What?" he said, the anger growing in his eyes.

"Look at all this. You killed. You betrayed. Is this what you wanted?"

He charged toward me, filled with rage as fire blazed from his hands.

He unlocked the hidden element inside of him.

I snapped my fingers repeatedly, spells bombarding him. But he didn't flinch.

His blows scorched my skin, blood dripped from my wounds.

But I still fought.

"Why are you doing this?" I demanded, firing another spell at him.
"For freedom and supremacy, sister."

A wave of fire engulfed me, but I shielded it away with another spell.

Surprisingly, a ripple of electricity coarsed through my veins.

And it came out of my hands, creating a white-purple wave of lightning.

My hidden element.

The two of us battled, electricity and fire swirling in a deadly waltz. I wasn't ready to lose to him, not yet.

I could tell my brother wasn't ready to lose just yet.

Give it up, my mind said.

Never.

I saw someone charge behind my brother's back, but he scorched the assassin and he fell to the ground.

"Tobio!" I yelled.

Hajime laughed, as I fought him harder, the waves of electricity stronger and faster.

I had to fight him.

Hajime's laugh subsided, and came at me with full force, a pillar of fire coming at my direction.

I thought I was going to die.

Tobio, Mother, Kaname, Mitsuki...

I'm sorry.

For a few moments, I saw a blinding light.

Was I dead? Was I in heaven now?

The light subsided.

I saw my brother on the floor, coldness creeping up to him.

"I'm...sorry." I heard him mumble.

Before I could say a spell to bring him back, it was too late.

My brother is dead.

I fell, exhausted and wounded, blood seeping out of my cuts.

I grieved for my brother, who was eaten by revenge. I grieved for Oikawa, who was betrayed mercilessly. I grieved for Tobio, who fought as he took risks. I grieved for myself, for many reasons.

I heard the cries of the Karasuno soldiers, cries of a victor.

It was over.

We won.
--------------

Third Person POV

The lovers wounded and bruised, were on the floor, and desperately reaching out for each other. The moment they did, they intertwined hands, and basked in each others' warmth.

They smiled, with half-lidded eyes, and locked in an embrace.

"It's over." the king whispered in her ear.
"I'm glad." she replied.

Their lips connected and signified their undying love.

Everything was over.

No more war.

Love is their saving grace.
••••••••

Kamatayan means death.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 6.2K 13
โ› YOU'RE DOING ALL OF THIS JUST BECAUSE A BOY DUMPED YOU? โœ ใ€‚in which kageyama tobio finds the quiet girl, l/n y/n...
20.1K 383 11
(Also on Quotev) [แด‹แด€ษขแด‡สแด€แดแด€ แด›แดส™ษชแด x า“!ส€แด‡แด€แด…แด‡ส€] Kageyama learns more about himself through a stoic girl and her way of catharsis. Ice skating.
59.5K 2.8K 30
Everyone loses something precious and each person deals with that sorrow in their own way-but Kageyama has no idea how Hinata will overcome losing hi...
1.3K 35 14
"๐ฟ๐‘œ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘“๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘˜๐‘  ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข, โ„Ž๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก๐‘  ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข, ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘˜๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘ก ๐‘Ž...