Agent 13 (Book 1)

By Quidam13

"With all due respect sir, adding a new member to this team will only slow us down." "On the contrary, if any... More

Description/Author's note
Prologue-Lost freaking puppy
1. Put your set belts on
2. Now you've done it
3. Was that so hard
4. We need him alive
5. You killed him
6. Now now now liars go to hell
7. Ladies ladies you're both very pretty
8. What exactly did you do
9. And I say good bye
10. You guys suck
AUTHORS NOTE
11. I had quite a few grenades
12. Yeah well get in line
13. That wasn't an earthquake
14. What the hell aren't you telling us
15. We're at a warehouse duh
16. I'm surprised you haven't broken it yet
17. What didn't she do
18. Yeah one flaw with your brilliant plan
19. You know I never got your name
20. Are we allowed to kill civilians
21. I take it back
22. Devin, a gunshot, a TV, and a fly
23. I know how to be subtle
24. I really don't like stalkers
25. Well do something
26. Five...four...three...two...one
27. Now that's no way to greet an old friend
28. But don't push your luck
29. You knew
30. So I can't shoot him again
31. A killer
32. I don't hit girls
33. Make me
34. What are you doing
36. I'll plant a rose garden over his remains
37. Let's Party
38. Choose wisely
Not an update...sorry
39. Don't do it
40. I guess so
Author's Note
Sequel is Up!
Bonus Chapters

35. Same color as the stars you'll be seeing shortly

128K 6.2K 2.6K
By Quidam13

I meant to post this yesterday but there was a black out...I'll try to post the second chapter later.

Shout out to @CattyGirl27 for the cool cover!

And, go check out the book @Warrior_H is currently working on to help new writers get their stories out there! It's called "Wattpad Newbies".

Thanks and enjoy!

Thirteen's POV

Cody thrashes around as I dump the fifth bucket of "lighter fluid" on his head, too bad for him he has no idea it's actually just water mixed with a chemical to give it the smell of lighter fluid, but it's completely harmless.

He starts laughing lightly as if he just realized that this is some big joke. "This isn't really lighter fluid," he says, "You're not actually going to light it."

I raise an eyebrow and toss a match into the sixth container of lighter fluid and it explodes. That container actually was lighter fluid, but that was the only one...he doesn't need to know that.

"Last time," I state as I hold my hand out once more. "CD." I make a motion for him to give it to me, or at least tell me where it is.

He glares at me before letting out a resigned sigh. "It's in my computer." He mutters, his hateful glare still boring into my head.

I smile sweetly, "Thanks." I toss a lighted match at him and hear him scream bloody murder along with a collective series of gasps from behind me...well all gasps except for one evil laugh.

I try my best to smother my laughter as the match makes contact with his shirt and simply dies out due to the amount of water he's soaked in. It's silent for about three seconds before the rest of the boys burst into hysterics.

Cody however, finds it in no way amusing.

I swing my dagger out and cut the ropes holding him in place as he simply continues to kill me slowly with his death glare.

I give him back one of my own, only to show him how pissed off I really am that he took my stuff and he looks away.

I turn and walk back into the house as I listen to the boys, (mostly Devin) taunt Cody. I make my way up to his room and waste no time in removing the CD from his laptop, which he happened to be hiding under his bed.

"Why do even want that?" I hear him ask as he enters the room. "There's nothing on it. Or nothing that makes sense anyway." He mutters as he grabs a towel from the bathroom.

"It needs a key code to unlock," I reply shortly as I turn to leave.

"Mind telling me what the key code is?"

"No."

"And why not? What happened to you not keeping secrets from us?"

"I said I wouldn't lie to you guys. I never said anything about not keeping secrets, if you ask me about it I'll answer honestly, if you don't I simply don't tell you." I reply.

"Ok, then what's the key code?" He presses.

I shrug. "I don't know."

He gives me a confused look and furrows his eyebrows. "You don't know?" I shake my head in response. "Then why on earth do you even have it?"

"My friend gave it to me," I say, turning the CD over in my hands. "I've never been able to figure out why. It's useless if you don't have the code. I don't know why she thought I'd be able to get it."

"She didn't tell you the code when she gave it to you?"

"She always enjoyed puzzles," I say thoughtfully. "But it's not like she could've told me anyway, it was gifted to me in her will."

"Oh." He says simply. Rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well, now I feel bad for taking it."

"And you didn't feel bad before?" I tease, trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm sorry."

"And I'm over it," I state as I turn and leave the room.

"Zack!" I call out as I make my way downstairs. "Zack!" I yell again. No answer. "ZACK!"

"What!?" I hear him yell angrily. "Stop yelling in my damn house!"

"You're the one who's yelling," I say calmly and he glares at me. I brush it off. "Do you have a credit card?"

He narrows his eyes at me in suspicion "Why?"

"I need to go get a dress for the party we're attending."

"First of all, the party isn't for another week, and second of all, don't you have a credit card?"

"Minor details." I wave my hand at him dismissively.

He gives me a dry look. I hold my hand out expectantly. He crosses his arms over his chest.

"Look either you hand it over willingly and spare yourself harm, or I take it forcefully." I smile at him sweetly. "If you ever want girls to look at you without cringing, you'll do the first one."

He stuffs his hand into his pocket and pulls out his wallet, removing the credit card from it and handing it to me. I give him a smug look and turn to walk away, but stop.

"Oh wait." I start, turning back around. "I need to borrow your car."

"What? I don't have a car, you totaled mine, remember?"

"I was talking about the one in the garage," I say.

His eyes go wide and he begins rapidly shaking his head back and forth. "No way. Not in a million years. Nope, sorry not happening. Go find someone else's car to steal. That one is completely off limits." He rambles.

"I wouldn't be stealing it." I chide him. "I'd be borrowing for an hour, tops."

"An hour?" He asks incredulously "No girl takes only an hour to go dress shopping."

I give him an offended look. "Have you met me?"

"Yeah, and news flash, you're a girl."

"No shit Sherlock," I state and hold out my hand. "Keys."

"No freaking way."

"Keys."

"No!"

"Give me the damn keys," I growl, getting frustrated with him.

"No way in freaking hell!" He shouts. "It's my car! I'm the one with the key!"

"And I'm the one with years of experience killing people," I say, smiling smugly when his face visibly pales. "Think about what you say and do next very carefully."

He lets out a string of curses out under his breath before finally handing me the keys.

"I hate you." He grumbles.

"The feeling's mutual."

***

I glance at the price tag on the blue dress in my hands before putting it back on the rack...too cheap.

What? It's Zack's money, not mine so I figure I'll go all out. He can hate me for it later.

My hand skims over the rack of dresses, looking for one that A) I'd actually wear, B) one that looks good, and C) one that is crazy expensive. You're welcome, Zack.

I pick a red one off the rack and twist it around, looking at it carefully. Not bad.

"I like that one." I turn around quickly at the sound of his voice. I say nothing and simply place the dress back on the rack, moving away from him.

"Oh come on, don't be like that." He says as he follows after me. I pick a bright neon pink dress off another rack and inwardly smirk as his nose crinkles up in distaste.

"Please tell me you aren't actually going to wear that." He says, making a face that clearly shows his thoughts on the dress. Personally...I don't like it either. "I mean, since when do you wear pink."

I turn my back on him and say nothing, keeping my face blank and void of any emotion as I do so.

"You're not seriously going to ignore me are you?"

I grab a couple more dresses off the racks, (ones that I'll actually wear) and make my way towards the dressing rooms. He follows closely behind me.

"Thirteen really?" He jumps out of the way as I purposely 'bump' one of the dress racks into his path. "This is just childish, I need to talk to you."

I slam the door to the dressing stall closed in his face. He raps loudly on the door as I pull my shirt over my head and remove a dress at random from the hanger.

"What I don't get to see?"

I throw a pair of heels that were already in here over the door at him, satisfied when I hear his yelp of pain.

"That's not very nice." He calls to me. "What color is the dress you're currently trying on?" He questions lightly as if trying a gentler approach. This time I respond.

"Same color as the stars you'll be seeing shortly."

"Hilarious." He mutters dryly. I don't bother to reply. "Back to the silent treatment then?" No reply from me. "Thirteen, I really need to talk to you it's important."

"I'm sure it is." I bite back sarcastically.

I hear his exasperated sigh. "Open the door."

"No."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"You're not even going to bother listening to what I have to say?"

"Nope."

"Thirteen." He whines as I remove the dress and pull another off the hanger. "Come on, we need to talk."

"We don't have anything to talk about." I retort, my tone clipped.

"Well, she wants to call another meeting to discuss the issue with Seventy-seven."

"He's no longer an agent so just call him Garrett," I mutter as I slip my regular clothes back on. I push open the door. "And why didn't you just start off like that instead of trying to get on my good side." I push past him as he rolls his eyes in irritation. "But, to be completely honest here...I want nothing to do with her, or you, and I especially don't want anything to do with you and her together."

"Oh come on it's been two years." He presses as he follows me to the cash register. "You can't honestly still hold a grudge against me for that."

I whirl around to face him after putting the dress on the counter. "You'd be surprised how long I can hold a grudge." I hand the clerk Zack's credit card. "And next time you want to talk, just call like last time. As for Garrett, I really couldn't care less what you guys to decide to do about him, so you really don't need me to help you."

I take the bag from the clerk's hand and walk away from him, making my way towards the exit. I turn back around to face him.

"Oh and one more thing," I start. I stick my hand in my pocket and pull out a small device the size of an earring, I toss it to him. "You put another tracker on me and I don't care whether or not I'm on your side or whether or not I'll go to jail for the rest of life, because I will kill you."

"How'd you know?"

"You called me at Hayden's house and you knew I was there. Even though I never told you where I was, heck I never even voluntarily call to talk to you."

"Look I'm sorry." He says as he takes a few steps towards me. "Okay? What was I supposed to do? You never answer your phone, you never text...I just wanted to keep an eye on you, make sure you're okay."

"I don't need anyone looking out for me, and even if I did, I wouldn't want you." I hiss. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down before I did something I'd regret.

"Just leave," I order, my voice cold and distant.

"Thirteen-"

"Go," I growl. "Before I kill you and make sure you stay dead this time."

"The meeting?" He says as he begins to walk away.

I glare at him. "I'll be there."

Thanks for reading!

For those of you wondering (and I probably should've clarified, so sorry about that), the guy she's talking to is the same one from earlier in the story that had called both her and Hayden telling them that there was a meeting, it's in chapter 20. Are we allowed to kill civilians.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.6K 566 7
"Miss Rose-" "Hold on." I blink rapidly to adjust my eyes to the light. "Countinue." I say. "Miss rose, do you have any idea why you are here?" Meet...
34.3K 718 51
THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE FINISHED IM SO SORRY. "It's just another kill like she's just another love, right?" -M.H✈︎ *** All she wanted a fresh start, n...
1.5M 64.5K 43
Lia's perfect life came crushing down in one night. Now, three years later... The happy, bubbly, easy-go-lucky, beautiful little girl she once was, t...
2K 144 76
Guns, revenge and buildings to bomb, what could go wrong? ✮ He came in, gun held out in front of him in one hand while the other was resting on his h...