Fearless Heart (Islamic Story)

By maryamgqamane

A muslim girl in a western world raised by a cultured mother . How will she cope ? More

INTO THE WORLD
360 DEGREE CHANGE
PROMISE TO FIX IT
THE ACCEPTANCE LETTER
YES MOM I AGREE
YOU WILL BE MINE
THE MALE FIGURE
THE BIG BANG
TWO IN THE ROOM
UNFORGETTABLE MORNING
FINALE
VOTE OF THANKS

SOFT ON ME

236 21 1
By maryamgqamane

I'm so excited , over 150 views . This is a tremendous journey . I thank Allah and you all . Keep reading and leave your thoughts in the comment box. Vote!!! Thanks Again .

*****--------*******---------*******----------*****

Days past by as I was frequently in my room , neatly arranging my belongings or sitting on the bed chatting and going through marriage blogs. Now more than ever I was very alone . Lorraine is gone , no crazy happenings . High school was done and I had no where to go and if I had to it wouldn't have been fun .

I couldn't go to university until the marriage took place . More than ever I wanted the marriage to happen as soon as possible . Ummy never paused on the arrangement of the wedding . Every time I saw her she would be on her phone confirming a venue or a dress . It was pretty hectic !

I was seated on the couch watching a reality show , when Ummy sat beside me filled with excitement .

"So Maryam , you know you can't walk down the aisle with that," she pointed at me sarcastically "we need to go and shop for your wedding dress !" She shouted in joy .

"Ummy not today ... I'm not feeling well" I replied as I gazed back on the television.

She gave me a hawk eye !, I didn't dare to sit more long rather I grabbed my green slim bag and rushed out to the car .

"By the way Munir is paying for the dress !" Ummy notified me.

Good I thought to myself .

Wedding gowns were freaking expensive and the thought of using my savings killed me . We stepped in the shop , my mother ready to choose . I was really not in the mood , I gazed around seeing all the white fluffy dresses around . It made me sick . I grabbed a chair and took my phone out . I was busy reading blogs until I was interrupted .

"Look at this darling !" Ummy exclaimed as tears dropped her lovely hazelnut eyes . I put my phone away and stared at the dress . It was a fluffy white gown with long lace sleeves full of glittering embroidery flowing down to the waist , the hijab was amazing as it had dangling jewellery pieces at the front . It was bea-u-ti-ful

"Let me try this," I demanded .

I quickly skipped to the dressing room and put it on. The sight of me on the mirror made my blood flow faster . My heart skipped a beat as the tear glands began manufacturing . I cried! I could not believe it myself . I felt like a bride for the first time and this time I was fully assured that I was getting married .

I walked out for my mother to see the dress on me . She couldn't resist and began weeping .

"Darling , in two weeks you'll be the queen " Ummy said sadly .

"Two weeks? Ummy I thought it was a month still!" I answered back .

My mother nodded in support of her statement . I was shocked ! In two weeks I will be Mrs Mohammed . Munir's Surname was Mohammed .

I looked back into the mirror and smothered my heart . The attendant took my hand and led me back to the room . I undressed and dressed back to my normals . We headed to the cashier to pay for the dress .

"Allah blessed me with you , and now I am thankful to Allah for having you as my daughter !" My mother warmly kissed my forehead as she smiled . I looked at her smiling too . It was the first time my mother was so soft on me . It really meant a lot to her . I began realising that per harps she knows what is best for me .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137 23 9
meet Aisha the only female child in her family who meets a lot of people in her journey of life, having 6 brothers who will kill for her and do anyth...
575 76 13
Guyss this is my first ever Halal story hope you like it.. They are destined to be together...?
1.1K 4 16
"Words that I can't share." She always believed, her presence in someone's life was nothing but a bad sign. "Then comes in me, a girl silently retre...
4.8K 870 28
Yasmine is a star girl, with plans for the future, good grades and a boyfriend to top it up but how can she survive when her enemies are her family...