Book 1 of Twisted: I Heart...

By sheepandwolf

Probably the biggest love triangle ever. After enrolling in to McKinley High, Avery, Erica and Victoria foun... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1- First day of school
Chapter 2- How was your day
Chapter 3- Auditions
Chapter 4- Did we make the cut?
Chapter 5- A Dramatic Plot
Chapter 6- Worst Date Ever
Chapter 7- First training
Chapter 8- Trouble
Chapter 9- Confrontation
Chapter 10- First 'Date'
Chapter 11- The Concert
Chapter 12- Jealousy In The Lab
Chapter 13- Reasons
Chapter 14- Seeing Is Not Believing
Chapter 15- History
Chapter 17- A Bunny Disguise
Chapter 18- A Good Deed
Chapter 19- Blind Corner
Chapter 20- Let's Play
Chapter 21- The Party of a Beginning
Chapter 22- Doubtful
Chapter 23- Trapped
Chapter 24- The Game
Chapter 25- Innocent and Naughty
Chapter 26- Day 2 Of Fun
Chapter 27- Payback
Chapter 28- Secret Love
Chapter 29- Quarterfinals
Chapter 30- Valentine's Day
Chapter 31- Number 13
Chapter 32- Natasha Ford
Chapter 33- Semifinals
Chapter 34- Movie Night
Chapter 35- Decisions
Chapter 36- Child's Play
Chapter 37- Unsaid Feelings
Chapter 38- Love At First Sunlight
Chapter 39- Ideal Girl
Chapter 40- Sophie's Makeover
Chapter 41- Tone Deaf
Chapter 42- Assumptions
Chapter 43 - Finals
Chapter 44- After Party
Chapter 45 - Bitch Recruitment
Chapter 46 - The Bet
Chapter 47 - Friend or Foe?
Chapter 48 - Preparations
Chapter 49 - The Amazing Race
Chapter 50 - A Hockey Celebration
Chapter 51 - Melody's Meeting
Chapter 52- Planning
Chapter 53- A Little Love Surprise
Chapter 54- Outcome
Chapter 55- The Real Deal
Chapter 56- Library Encounter
Chapter 57- Suspicions
Chapter 58- Who I Really Am
Chapter 59- Bowling

Chapter 16- Baseball vs Basketball

17K 185 6
By sheepandwolf

Author's Note- Wolf: Soooo you guys know how Andrea and Sophie met, so how did Michelle and Jessica meet? Did they start out as friends? Read on to find out and enjoy! :D

Chapter 16- Baseball vs Basketball

Jessica:

It's Wednesday! Andrea decided to have a B5 get together and we all agreed to meet at the Skate park today! Man it's been a long time since I've skated. Michelle and I learnt how to skate from Andrea when we were freshmen. Andrea's like a pro when it comes to skating. She can do all sorts of tricks and stunts and you just couldn't keep up with her.

I walked through the hallways with Michelle by my side, carrying my old battered skateboard. Just then, I caught a glimpse of Victoria standing at the doorway. She looked so beautiful standing at the door with the sunlight around her making her look like an angel. Wait, what am I saying? I was so caught up with staring at her when I tripped over some freshman's foot. 

Luckily I had fast reflexes so I regained my balance pretty quickly. I looked down and glared at the freshman. In seconds, she scooted off. Then I realized Michelle was giggling beside me. " What are you laughing at?" I said in a dull tone. 

She calmed down and replied with a wink," Nice teddy bear underwear." What the fuck, she saw? Annoyed, I quickly pulled Michelle's pants down. Michelle gasped then quickly jerked out from my reach but too late, I saw what I wanted to see.

" Haha!" I said, pointing at her pants. " Nice monkey underwear!" She "tsked" me and we headed out of the school compound. When we reached, Andrea, Sophie and Fiona was already there. Andrea was already skating, Sophie was at corner reading a book and next to her, Fiona was cleaning her bike. 

"What's up!" Andrea greeted, halting to a stop on her skateboard. 

" Sup!" I greeted back and Michelle nodded. 

We both waved to Sophie and Fiona. Fiona waved back while Sophie greeted," Salutations." 

"What?" Both Michelle and I said at the same time. 

Andrea laughed," It means 'hi'."

"Oh," We replied.

" Ready to skate?" Andrea asked. 

"Yup!" I replied enthusiastically, dumping my bag and dropping my skateboard on the floor." I sure miss skating!" 

"Hey, is Sophie and Fiona going to skate?" Michelle asked, dropping her skateboard on the floor.

Andrea turned towards them and shouted," Hey! Are you both going to skate or just sit there and do nothing?"

Fiona replied," No thanks! I have to clean my bike!" 

Sophie looked up from her book and replied," I'd rather pass."

Just then Andrea snickered," Why? Scared?"

Realizing what she was trying to say, Michelle and I started laughing. Sophie narrowed her eyes and said," To avoid any cases of mortification, I prefer to read and gain knowledge in a way you nutheads will never do. So will you excuse me, I'd like to immerse myself in the classic world of English Literature and study profound English in which you will never understand."

With that, she slammed her book shut and moved to a quiet corner further away. Michelle and I laughed even more. You see, it's not that Sophie doesn't want to skate. She actually does but she's the only one in our group that doesn't know how to. There was one time Andrea had tried to teach Sophie how to skate. Boy, was that funny.

When Sophie had managed to at least balance on the skateboard, she lost her balance then fell into nearby bushes and then the funniest shit happened. She ripped her pants revealing her spiderman undies. The look on our faces and hers was fucking priceless and since then, Sophie never tried to skateboard again. 

Recalling that incident, I laughed really hard and Michelle teased," Spidey undies!" All 3 of us just laughed some more. We calmed down and started to skate. God, I perspired like hell. Skating may seem fun but it's actually kind of tiring. But in the good kind of way. We stopped and decided to take a break. Andrea headed over to where Sophie and Fiona was while Michelle and I started to playfully ruffle each other's hair. 

We did that for awhile until we were tired and slumped onto the ground, leaning against each other's backs. Looking at the sky, I started to reminisce how Michelle and I met at middle school. "Hey Michelle." I said.

"Hm?" she replied.

"Do you remember how we met? Back in middle school?" I asked.

Michelle laughed," How could I ever forget?"

Of course, I'll never forget that. 

*flashback* 

During middle school, Michelle and I weren't even friends. In fact we were rivals. Yeah, hard to believe right since we're like the best of friends. Back in middle school, I was in the basketball team but Michelle wasn't. She was in the baseball team. We were both captains of our respective sport clubs.

Baseball and Basketball were the top 2 clubs that gave pride and glory to the school name. And because of that, our coaches often fought against each other to see who could bring more reputation to the school. Because of that rivalry between the coaches, we started to hate the opposite sporting club as well.

As captain, I obviously didn't think too highly of Baseball and so did Michelle when she was captain. There was once where the both of us had a confrontation at the cafeteria. My team and I decided to have a 'team lunch' and as we approached the table, Michelle and her team approached the same table as well. 

Immediately, the tension around us increased seeing the club that we all despised the most. I stared into Michelle's intense eyes fearlessly. Michelle scoffed and said," Back off Parker. We got here first."

I took a deep breath and replied sarcastically," Oh you can have the table! Since you guys can't really pitch, out of kindness I'll let you have the table." Michelle's jaw tightened and my team laughed at my comment.

MIchelle smirked and said," Yeah so why don't you leave us alone and go shoot some baskets... that's if you CAN shoot." Michelle's team laughed and this time it was my turn to get angry.

" Bitch." I spat.

"Bitchface." she retaliated.

"Fucker."

"Fuckface."

"All you can ever do is add the 'face' at the back, you can't win."

"Yeah because it describes YOU perfectly."

I scrunched up my eyebrows in anger and she smirked. God I just want to rip her face out. I led my team out of the cafeteria ignoring the snide comments of that bitch saying that we're too "stupid" to even make a decent comeback. 

That was before Michelle got kicked out of the team. I heard that something happened and that she attacked some junior and it not only happened once but twice. As captain she wasn't allowed to do that and she should lead by example. 

Somehow, I felt pity for her. She was a good captain which I relunctantly admitted. I mean, I see her in the Baseball games and she could run REALLY fast. I guess that's where she got all her stamina and speed from. 

After school, I found her sitting on one of the benches around the school with her head bent down. I felt sympathetic seeing her in such a lonely and pathetic state. Looking around to make sure none of my basketball mates were around before her. 

I sat beside her and there was awkward silence for a few moments until she sighed and asked," What do you want? Came here to rub it in my face, didn't you?"

I was unsure what to say at first. She sighed again," Listen, I know you probably heard that I got kicked out of the team and your probably fucking happy right now and want to tease the hell out of me but please, you could do that tomorrow. I need some time alone."

Wow. I've never seen her this hurt and sad. The great baseball captain, or in this case, EX-baseball captain who led 3 baseball seasons and won all 3 in a row hurt and depressed. That's something you don't see that everyday.

I cleared my throat," Actually.... I was wondering if you want to shoot some baskets with me.."

That sounded more like a question. She looked up and stared at me for a moment. She stood up and began to walk away. Oh great. Why the hell did I say that? Who am I kidding, I offended her multiple times and now I'm trying to be nice to her? She's obviously going to think I'm being fake or something.

That was until she stopped dead in her tracks and turned around to face me. "So you coming or not?" she asked. I stared at her, shocked for a moment then grinned. She grinned back and for the rest of the afternoon, we shot baskets together. She wasn't a bad shooter but hell, she could run.

When I did a one on one with her, whenever she got the ball, she could run and dribble way faster than me and she could make some pretty good shots but their not 100% in. I think with a little bit of training she would make an excellent player. What am I thinking? She just got kicked out of the team, she can't possibly join Basketball. Not when we're club rivals. Or well, we used to be.

We took a break and sat on the floor. The funny thing is, we both sat on the floor at the same time. And as we both leaned back to rest on our arms, our backs touched and we ended up leaning on each other. We looked at each other and laughed.

Then we stopped and the funny thing, it wasn't awkward at all. I don't know why but, somehow I have a pretty good feeling about this. Then maybe, just maybe, Michelle and I could be good friends. I started to think if I should ask her to join the team. I mean, it wouldn't hurt would it?

She's out of the Baseball team, she's free to join any sport or club she wants. I felt nervous and cleared my throat," So, Michelle now that your out of the Baseball team, what do you plan to do?"

Michelle paused for a second to think and replied," Don't know. Join another sport or club I guess."

"Oh, which one?" I questioned, sipping my bottle of water.

Michelle shrugged," I was thinking of joining the swim team.'

"Oh." I said. Why can't I ask her? Come on Jessica just ask her and get it over with. If she says no, it's fine right? But the thing is, there was this part of me that didn't want her to say no for no goddamn reason.

I cleared my throat again," I was thinking that you know... If you want to..."

I paused. I just couldn't get the word out of my mouth. I tried again," That if you want to.. I mean you can say no but just asking if you want to.. that is if YOU want to..."

I swear I'm such a wimp. Michelle smirked," You want me to join Basketball team?"

"Yeah." I mumbled.

Michelle kept quiet for awhile. She's going to say no. She's going to say no. She's going to say no. I've said that line like a thousand times in my head until she replied," Okay."

I was taken aback. She said what? Did she just say yes? I think Michelle must've seen the look on my face because she just laughed," Since I'm kicked out of the Baseball team, I practically can join any sport I want. Even if it means joining the ultimate nemesis sport. Who knows, it might be fun."

She looked at me and smiled. That was a smile I could never get tired of. It wasn't just any ordinary smile, it was a smile that promised friendship. And I'm guessing a long-lasting one. I guess that was the first time I connected with Michelle on a whole different level that I couldn't connect with anyone else. 

I remember the day her Baseball mates had confronted her saying that she betrayed them by joining Basketball. I stood by her side ready to defend her if they ever did something wrong. Michelle just laughed," No, I didn't 'betray' you. YOU kicked me out of the team. So I'm free to join whatever sport I want." 

Her mates looked unsure of what to say. Before they could say anything, I said," Just suck it up and move on, bitches." They were startled and ran off. Michelle and I laughed at their cowardness and hi-fived each other. 

Ever since then, we stuck together. Eventually, we grew up to be best friends. Inseparable. That's what we were.

*End of Flasback*

Michelle laughed,"Good times..."

I agreed," Yeah."

There was silence for a moment until Michelle said," Hey, Jess..."

"Yeah," I said.

"You know I'd do anything for you right?" she asked, looking at me.

I nodded my head and replied," Yeah, I'd do anything for you too."

Michelle nodded her head and we just sat there. In peaceful silence. Just enjoying each other's company. I'd sacrifice my life for you I thought. 

Because, even if B5 ceased to exist, I know we won't. 

Michelle:

I wouldn't trade Jessica for anything in the world. She's my loser and I'm hers. Friendship isn't about whom you have known for the longest, but who came and never left your side. 

And that's Jessica. Just know I'll never leave without you, buddy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 17 15
~DISCONTINUED~ You were a quiet transfer at McKinley during your freshman year. Now it's your sophomore year, and you want to be more involved. So, y...
3.1K 44 5
Sadie Harrison was not the type of girl to play games. Especially not ones that messed with other peoples emotions, but when her Cousin Austin "ruine...
38.7K 1.1K 23
Destiny and Travis were high school sweethearts, crazy in love. It was always Travis' dream to be a pro basketball player but he soon realizes that...
46.8K 1.2K 19
Riley, Maya, and the rest of their friend group are finishing their sophomore year of high school together. An overnight history field trip seems sim...