Leap Of Faith

By __piya

For Amore, The best person I've ever met. Aaliya marries Abhimanyu for her family - and partly because she'... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 1

1.8K 40 16
By __piya

I'm late. Again.

I mean, not that late.

I'm running late, got that?

Rishabh will be so mad.

I quickly pull on jeans and a crop top, put on some lipstick and grab my car keys.

"Have some breakfast, Aaliya." My mother admonishes when she sees me hurrying out of the house.

"No, mum, I'll grab something on the way." I tell her, kissing her cheek and continue towards the door.

"Hey wait. I need to talk to you." She looks serious.

Even though I'm running late, it seems what she wants is important, so I stop.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Are you still with Rishabh?"

Damn. How could I forget. My parents hate Rishabh. He's my boyfriend and my team leader at the NGO I work in, did I mention that?

"Yeah."

"He's not a good guy, Aaliya." She says for the hundredth time.

"You don't even know him." I snap.

"I know his type." She sighs.

But...she doesn't. My parents don't like him for reasons unknown. My older brother Gaurav has threated him a hundred times and everyone wants me to break up with him. They say he's not good enough for me.

But, god, I love him. He's funny and cute and he always makes me so happy.

"Bye mom." I tell her.

I drive to my office in silence and just nod at everyone who greets me when I reach there.

Everyone seems to notice my distress because noone teases me about being late again.

I drop my belongings and my phone at my cubicle, then walk to Rishabh's office.

He's sitting on his table, talking to Vidyut, the photographer for our team when I enter.

"Hey." He says when I enter, walking up to me and pecking my lips.

Vidyut rolls his eyes, walking away from his cabin.

"You're late." He admonishes, playfully.

I grin at him. "I was dreaming of you."

He shakes his head, kissing me again, but abruptly pulls away.

"We need to talk." He says.

God, why does everyone want to have a talk?

"Sure." I shrug.

"Not here. At lunch. I'll take you out."

"Okay." I kiss his cheek.

He grins. "Go work on that plan about promoting women's education now."

I smile. He knows how happy this makes me.

At lunch, Rishabh takes me to a Chinese restaurant, where we order our usual before he begins to talk.

"So..." He begins then trails off.

"So." I repeat.

"I think we should take a break."

"What?" I search his eyes for any trace of emotion, but gone is the trace of all the love he claimed for me.

"We should take a break." He repeats.

"Are you breaking up with me?" I can't help the accusation in my voice.

"Yes, Alz."

"Don't call me that," I snap, then say more softly, "Is this about me going out with Manik? You know we're just friends."

"I'm not that petty. Stop making everything about yourself." He snaps and I feel tears burning my throat.

"Fine, then. I think I'll go home for the day."

I stand up and walk away.

I run to my office, get my car and leave, tears blurring my vision, music blasting from my radio.

When I reach home I find an Audi parked in the driveway.

Oh. Must be Gaurav's friends.

I just want to curl up in bed with ice cream and die.

I don't bother knocking and just walk in and am greeted by the sight of two women and a man in my living room, talking to my parents.

"Uhm, hey." I wave awkwardly when everyone looks at me.

The guests look highly amused and my mom is glaring at me. I glare back at her.

Who the fuck are these people? I hope my eyes aren't all red and swollen.

"You must be Aaliya." A girl of about nineteen gushes. "You're so pretty. And exactly Abhi's type."

The older woman glares at her and I smile awkwardly.

Who's Abhi?

"Aaliya, dear, come here. We didn't know you were coming."

Likewise. I bite back a reply.

She gestures for me to sit beside and my mother's glare automatically has me moving.

"You're actually pretty. " That girl says again when I sit beside the older woman.

Geez, is she fangirling?

"Thank you." I smile politely at her. "You're really pretty too."

She blushes slightly and introduces herself.

"My name is Riya, this is my aunt and that's my father."

I smile at everyone. Who are they, again?

"So, Aaliya, what do you do?" Riya's father asks me.

Oh, I didn't know I was having an interview.

"I work for an NGO." I tell him politely, despite myself.

"That's so cool!" Riya intervenes, gushing. "I've always wanted to do that but Abhi says it's too risky."

I'm about to ask who Abhi is when she asks, "How old are you?"

"Twenty four." I say, a bit uncomfortable.

"Oh cool." She sighs.

"What do you do?" I ask her, for the sake of being polite.

"I'm studying mechanical engineering." She looks proud of herself.

"Great." I nod.

"So we should leave." All of them stand up, I do too.

"It was nice to meet you. Tell Abhi to fix a date." My father shakes hands with Riya's father.

What the fuck is happening here?

They exchange goodbyes, Riya takes my number, and leave.

"Well, what was that?" I yell once they are gone.

Mom rolls her eyes.

"I told you." She tells my father who gives her a sheepish smile in return.

"Aaliya," Gaurav begins.

"They were here for your marriage." Mom completes.

"Excuse me?" My jaw is probably touching the fucking floor.

"You heard me."

"I'm not getting married for fuck's sake." I burst into tears, all the heartbreak and everything finding it's way.

"Don't swear." Gaurav says softly, wrapping me in his arms, and my parents smile sadly. "Just meet Abhi once. You can decide later."

"But.." I sob. "You know I was with Rishabh."

"Was?" I can practically hear mom smiling.

I nod. "Yeah. We're over."

"That's great then. You can meet Abhi tomorrow. Lunch at that italian place near your office."

I shake my head. "Not going."

But they look so hopeful....

"Fine." I say. "I'll go."

Okay, hi guys.

I'm writing this book again, just because I love you guys and everyone who was mad at me for deleting it.

I hope you will like it.

I'll try to fill in loopholes, and write better.

Have fun.

Vote and comment.

Bye.❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.4K 794 81
In which Kim Saena is in a groupchat with a bunch of idiots Or In which Bangchan finds himself inside a groupchat with a bunch of delusional fans ~~★...
13.6K 995 11
تُـكبلنا الحياة فـ تُجبرنا على إرتكاب المعاصي و الآثام التي لا تُـغتفر ، كـ إثم إرتكبه فـيـرو في فتاة شابة ظنا منه أنه مجرد خطئ عابر ، لكنه جاهل تمام...
117K 4K 42
" 𝖬𝗂𝖽𝗋𝗂𝖼𝗁 ? 𝖮𝗁𝗁 𝗎 𝗍𝖺𝗅𝗄𝗂𝗇 𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺 𝗅𝗂𝗍 𝖺𝗌𝗌 𝗆𝗂𝖽𝖽𝗅𝖾 𝗌𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗅 " . 𝖬𝗂𝖽𝗋𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗋𝖾𝗏𝗈𝗅𝗏𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽...
82.7K 2.1K 31
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...