Billionaire

By eleanorfriar

"What do you even see in me? I live in a small apartment. I wear hand me downs from my friends. I work at a d... More

First Encounter
Mad
Perfect Score
Ariel
Carry Me
Gimme Gimme
Classy
Call Me Adam Sandler
Breakdown
Rebecca Black
Guy's Worst Nightmare
Update: I'm alive

Clap

2.4K 111 28
By eleanorfriar

The next day was my first day at the new school. I didn't know what to expect other than a girls hanging over me and all the guys wanting to be my best friend. I managed to wake up at 6:30, because knowing my life, something comes up that makes me run late. I took a shower, dried myself off, then got dressed. Threw on what my stylist picked out for me and headed downstairs.

I was greeted by my father at the table, where my food was already out. I ate my food then headed back up the stairs to get my things. As I leave my house I hear my mom call, "Bye Lucas, have fun at school."

"Bye mom." Then I shut the door behind me. I walked over to the garage and grabbed the keys to my Koenigsegg CCX then drove off to the high school.

I pulled up to the school and parked my car. I grabbed my backpack and put on my Ray Bans. I get out of the car and notice everyone looking at me, all except one. I lock up the car, wrap my backpack around one shoulder and walk inside, everyone still giving me starstruck looks. I push open the doors and I got black stares. Girl either looked at me seductively or tried to fix themselves up. Guys tried to befriend me, but I kept walking until I reached the main office. "Hi I'm Lucas Friar."

The lady at the desk looked up and smiled at me. "Why hello Lucas. Welcome to Abigail Adams High School." She hands me my schedule, locker number, and combination. "If you need anything, just let us know."

"Thank you," I respond with a smile. I walk back out of the office and see people gathered around me as if they were sharks hunting their bait. I push people out of the way and walk until I reached locker number 372. As I stand at my locker, a girl with brown hair walked up to her locker across from mine. She had music blasting through her headphones and was quietly singing to herself. I turn and what caught my eye first was her backpack. The original color was grey, but there were sewed up colorful patches and small holes covering the back pack.

I turn back to my locker and fiddle with the lock. I entered to combination multiple times, but it still wouldn't open. As I'm about to give up a voice behind me asks, "Do you need any help?"

I look behind me and see it's the same girl from Topanga's that I drove home yesterday. She wore a different pair of ripped jeans, slippers, and a black tee. Her hair cascaded down the side of her face beautifully. "Yeah, if you don't mind."

"No problem. This was my locker last year and the lock would never open for me." She stands at the locker. She turns the dial twice to the left, hits it twice, then pulls down; the lock magically unlocks. "There you go, it's a pain in the butt, but you get used to it after a while." She examines my fave closely. "Have we met before?"

"Thank you, and yeah. I drove you home yesterday when you couldn't hail a taxi."

"I knew you looked familiar. I was trying to remember where I saw you from. Thanks again for that ride."

"No problem. Riley? That's your name right?"

"Riley Matthews, it's nice to formally greet you."

"Lucas Friar, ditto." Then she starts to laugh. She rolls her eyes and sticks out her hand. I take her hand and shake it. "Do you mind helping me with my classes today? I don't really know where to go."

"Yeah, let me see your schedule." I hand her my schedule and she takes it from my hand. She reads over it carefully then responds. "Okay I have a few periods with you so I could direct you where to go."

"That would be great. Thank you." Then the bell rings.

"Follow me, we don't want to be late for Chemistry." She motions me to follow her. I catch up next to her as we walk into the classroom together. She takes a seat in the back corner. I glance around the classroom and notice that everyone is trying to get me to sit with them. I decided to sit by Riley since she's the only one that hasn't completely been obsessed with me today.

"Is there a special why you chose to sit in the back corner with me instead of the front like everyone else?"

"There are all looking at me as if they were all kids in a candy store with all the looks and stares, someone tried to make a handshake with me."

Riley started to giggle. "I understand. Well actually I don't because no one ever pays attention to like they do to you. I'm basically invisible. Apparently, the only people that can see me are my two friends, my family, and you. You don't happen to have some ability to see ghosts now do you?"

"Nope, I can see you perfectly. But come on. There has to be someone who knows your name."

"Yeah, the teachers." The warning bell rang and the remaining student sin the hallways came in and took their seats. The teacher follows behind them.

"Hello class. Welcome to Chemistry. I'm your teacher Mr. Finke. And though we have already been here for a week, I'm re-introducing myself because we have a new student Lucas Friar. Lucas would you like to introduce yourself?" The whole class turns to look at me. I stand up and introduce myself to the class.

"I'm Lucas Friar. It's great to be here," then I sit back down. Everyone starts clapping, I look over at Riley who has a confused look on her face. "What?"

"Did I miss something? Why is everyone clapping? You said a total of 8 words and they're clapping for you as if you found a treatment for cancer." She made a really good point. Once she said so, at first I was taken back at her rude remark, but it was the truth. Everyone always clapped when I said something to them. Even if it was as simple as saying Hello.

"I don't know, stuff like that always happens to me."

"Well to let you know now so you don't get offended later, I'm not going to clap after everything you say Lucas." There was something about his Riley that absolutely fascinated me. She didn't treat me like everyone else did, she treated me as if I was just another person. She had a bit of an attitude but it was better than what everyone else's first impression. "If you want, I can introduce you to my friends at lunch."

"I would like that a lot thank you. And do you think I can get the notes from last week?"

"Yeah, no problem. I'll copy them and give them to you."

Eventually Chemistry ended, and I headed off to my next class, gym. Luckily, I had it with Riley, so she lead me the way to the gym. When I walked in a teacher greeted me with a t-shirt in their hands. "Hi I'm Coach Blue. Here is your gym shirt and the boys locker room is over there." I grab the shirt from him and head into the locker room.

Automatically, I'm greeted by a wave of guys giving me names, numbers, and trying to make plans with me. I shake them off and claim a gym locker in the corner of the room, by another guy who looks terrified to death. "Hey dude, you okay?"

He looks up at me as if he saw someone get murdered in front of him. "We are playing dodgeball today. I can't do dodgeball. I do science. Not this."

"Okay chill out." I stick out my hand. "Lucas Friar."

"Farkle Minkus. How you doing?"

"Minkus, like Stuart Minkus the billionaire.

"Yeah, that's my dad. I really don't like to talk about his wealth because then everyone hangs on to me expecting them to get money or gifts or something. So I only have two friends that respect me for who I am." I nod my head in agreement. We get changed then head back out to the gym. Farkle and I make small talk until I see Riley emerge from the girls' locker room. Farkle waves his hand crazily in order to get her attention. She runs over and greets Farkle.

"Hey Farkle. Well Lucas, I see you made another friend today."

     "Yeah," I made direct eye contact with her. "I am finally starting to like it here."

     That was the first time I noticed how beautiful those chocolate brown eyes really were.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Ana By Sierra

ChickLit

62.1K 1.8K 61
Life as a child was amazing. Your weight didn't matter. Your clothes didn't matter. Your parents money didn't matter. All that mattered was who you...
81.2K 2.8K 58
One night. One night was all it took for Riley and Lucas' world to be turned upside down. One night full of love, drinks, and mistakes. One night tha...
194K 8.9K 21
Highest ranking #142 in Billionaire #1 in identical #1 in Baby fever #1 in stuckup "So I fucked you and you got pregnant and you didn't have the d...
28K 832 37
*Trigger Warning in FIRST chapter* (May be in other ones) Closed Pictures aren't mine unless I say so. All quotes in this story aren't mine and are...