Star Wars Rebels: Teenage Res...

Autorstwa The_Yellow_Lantern

As a defiant teenager, Sabine has embraced the point in her life where she just wants to do what she wants, w... Więcej

The Interrogation
Confessions
The Milk Run
As Siblings
Family
The Extraction
Reflection
Forget
Arrival
Truth
Tormenting Dreams
Fun
Change
A Late Night
Satisfaction
Life Day
Promises
Worry
A Plan
Wounded
Sorry
Recovery
Teenage Response- Q&A
Moving On
The Assignment
Looking Back
Mending
Acceptance
A While Longer
The Job (Part One)
The Job (Part Two)
The Job (Part Three)
Doubts
An Understanding
Good Morning
Overnight (Part One)
Overnight (Part Two)
Fear
A Talk
Responsibilities
Missed You
Introductions
Assurance
Goodbye
Scarred
Teenage Response- Q&A
Relaxation
A Deal
Shot
Gone
Hope
Pain
Failure
Possibility
Honesty
Preparation
Please
Starting Over
Love
Legacy
The Teenage Response

Relations

1K 11 6
Autorstwa The_Yellow_Lantern

Ezra walked outside, his hands in his pockets and his eyes looking at his feet. He felt terrible, and didn't feel he could sink any lower.
"Damn it, Sabine..." He cursed. "...I'm sorry..."
Talking about Ketsu in such a way really plucked a nerve in the girl, and sent her into a fit of rage, screaming at him to leave her alone...it made him feel bad. He just wanted...to lie down and cry. But he couldn't do that, he was stronger than that.
"She'll get over it..." He hoped. "We've been through too much to just hate each other now"
Ezra supposed that he needed to stop being so concerned about his place in Sabine's life...yes, he would like to be her boyfriend...but did he feel he MUST be? His force-bond with her was telling him that he had to be, but Ketsu was the only obstacle in their way.
"Sabine would be happier with me" He told himself. "I know she would be"
What if Ketsu understood that? Would she be willing to...step aside? Let things be the way they were meant to? Or would she resist? Ezra had a strong feeling it would be the latter.
"Ketsu is a sad individual, she has no one except Sabine...she'd never be willing to give her up"
He couldn't let himself get eaten away by such a subject, not right now. He had to pass some time and not think about Sabine...he decided that he would talk to this Rook Kast, the Mandalorian who had called out his name after surprising the Rebellion with her presence at the base.
"I'm not repeating the predicament I went through when the last Mandalorian bounty hunter got me" He promised to himself.
That would be quite embarrassing...and he believed Sabine wouldn't be as committed to rescuing him a second time, not with how she may feel about him right now.

Ezra entered the holding cell area, where two Mandalorians were sat silently. Fenn Rau had been here for a while now, but he didn't mind for as long as his capture was kept secret...for as long as they did that, the Empire wouldn't swarm all over Concord Dawn's colonies.
Rook Kast looked up at the boy when he entered, and stood up. She approached the metal bars and looked down at him.
"Ezra" She greeted friendlily. "Have you come to check on me? How sweet of you"
Ezra thought back. Did he meet this woman before? During one of his cons on Lothal, perhaps? No...he certainly would've remembered armour like that.
"Do I know you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.
She shook her head and chuckled.
"No, but I know a bit about you" She told him. "Just a little. You're pretty important to me, here"
"Are you a bounty hunter?" He interrogated. "Have you come for me? For Sabine? I saw you eyeing her"
The Mandalorian seemed to pause in time briefly at the mention of the girls name.
"No, but I work for someone that you know of" She explained. "I'm not gonna hold too many secrets from you of all people here. I'll make it brief: I'm here for the holocron...I know you have it"
Ezra's eyes widened. The holocron? She knew of it!? But...the only people who could know that was the Empire...then that must mean...
"You're with the Empire!?" He questioned accusingly.
In the cell next to Rook's, Fenn Rau laughed and stood up. He approached the metal bars and smiled at the boy.
"An Imperial? No..." He put his concern to rest. "She's Deathwatch. I'll spare you the details, you don't know your Mandalorian history...but all you need to know is that whatever she's telling you is a lie"
Rook glanced at Fenn Rau and shook her head.
"Deathwatch are long gone, Rau" She told him. "Soon the Protectors will join them...do you really think the Empire will allow us to continue existing in the long run? We Mandalorians are simply too-"
"You're not a Mandalorian!" He interrupted. "You and the other girl are both dar'mandas! You can say all you want about Deathwatch, I know they aren't gone...they're just biding their time, we never destroyed them completely..."
Fenn Rau dared the splinter group to attempt anything against the Empire, or the Protectors. If they did, it would mean war and he would have the permission to finish them off once and for all. If he could take all their members with them, that would be fine with him too.
"Why do you hate Sabine so much?" Ezra asked, looking at Rau with an annoyed expression. "She's as true as a Mandalorian can be, what's your problem with her?"
The man chuckled. Oh, how ignorant the boy sounded...
"Your friend is under House Vizsla, she admitted it herself" He told him. "And everyone knows that House Vizsla are nothing but terrorists who brought upon Mandalores downfall by bringing the Empire upon us...there were even rumours that they allowed an outsider to become our Mand'alor, if only temporarily..."
In his eyes, they were ALL traitors.
Rook looked at him blankly through her helmet, before folding her arms and shaking her head.
"House Vizsla and Deathwatch were two separate things, you fool" She ridiculed him. "The House had many peaceful clans under them, they weren't ALL terrorists...Deathwatch was merely for the extremists, and it just so happened that Governor Pre Vizsla himself was a member"
"Of course you would defend them!" Rau snarled. "What House were you then? Vizsla I'll bet..."
She did not answer. She didn't owe him an answer. Rook ignored him and turned to face Ezra again.
"Listen Ezra...I can help you" She told him, crouching before him. "I'm here for the holocron, if you bring it to me? I can bring you to where I came from, and in return I'll offer full support from my allies to help you here...trust me, they're resourceful..."
Ezra seemed conflicted. He had the holocron on him right now...but it belonged to him. He believed knowledge of the ancient Sith was more valuable than any amount of supplies Rook could throw at the Rebellion.
"It's simple: come with me, with the holocron" She repeated her offer, more clearly and more simplified. "You can come back here if you want, if you don't feel comfortable..."
No, that would be too easy. There had to be some catch...
"I don't believe you" Ezra rejected her. "You want more than for me to just give you the holocron...why do you want me to go with you? Why should I go with you? I don't even know you!"
She nodded. He was right, he didn't know her a bit.
"Yes, it sounded unreasonable to me too when I was told what I was meant to do here..." She agreed with a sigh. "You're not dumb, Ezra...I can see that. But...think about it. I promise you, no harm will come to you...it's all in my Lords wishes"
By who was her lord? Ezra asked, but was told it was the one question she couldn't answer...not here. However, she assured him that he would want to meet them.
"I'm curious too, actually" Rau said. "Who leads Deathwatch now, traitor? Pre Vizsla is dead...so who took his place? Or are you all a little unorganised right now?"
As the two adults engaged in an argument once again, Ezra left them. He was left with even more conflicted thoughts than he was when he went in...it was beginning to get overwhelming.
"Give her the holocron and she takes me to her leader?" Ezra repeated her offer in his head. "How...how do I benefit from this at all?"
Screw that, no way was Ezra accepting an offer by someone clouding all their words with secrets. He'd much rather stay here, with the safety of his friends. What good would a holocron do a bunch of Mandalorians anyways? They weren't able to read it...the only logical option for them was to sell it. Or did they know something he didn't?
"Doesn't matter, I'm not talking to her again" He told himself.
When he returned to the Ghost, he saw Kanan outside his room. The man sensed his Padawan's presence, and turned to face him. Ezra could see that he was...displeased.
"Ezra..." He said quietly. "We need to talk"
And his heartbeat thumped rapidly, as he could tell what he wished to discuss.

Sabine wriggled on her bunk, and was forced to wake up when she heard an argument outside her room. She had slept for a few hours, feeling whelmed with emotions. Anger for Ezra, concern for Ketsu, curiosity for the Mandalorian who had just introduced herself to the Rebels...
Emotions have mould me into a different person in the last year.
She wasn't sure if she liked that, did it make her stronger? Or weaker?
Sabine jumped off her bunk and scrambled through her shelves, past the canisters and bottles of paint. She needed to find those pills she was given by Ketsu...she did just have another fun-time with Ezra, after all.
"Hm, where are they?" She mumbled, then stopping when she couldn't help but overhear an exchange between Ezra and Kanan outside. "Urgh, what are they fighting about?"
She left her shelf and approached the door, then planted her ear against it to listen in.
"Zeb told me about it, Ezra!" Kanan told the boy. "Please, no more hiding. I know you've been keeping it...I thought you left it for the explosion on Malachor!"
Ezra argued that Ahsoka died for this holocron, for the knowledge that they had ventured to the Sith temple for. Why would he throw it away, allow it to be destroyed? Ahsoka's death would be in vain, if they did.
"We stopped the Sith, Ezra" Kanan reminded him. "We don't need the knowledge anymore"
Ezra shook his head...Kanan's assumption was wrong. Through his connection to the Force, Ezra didn't feel it was any less darker. The dark sides presence was still strong...and it wasn't coming from the holocron.
"No, Kanan..." He argued. "He's not dead...and even if he was? Always two there are...its just a matter of whether he was the master or the apprentice..."
Kanan raised a brow underneath the cloth covering his eyes. Such knowledge of the Sith, he hadn't told Ezra. His own master had never told him too much about the Sith, either.  
"How would you know that?" He asked, intrigued...but he already knew the answer. "Ezra please...just hand the holocron over. You're not safe from the effect it could have on y-"
"And you are!?" Ezra interrupted. "Kanan, I haven't done anything wrong! This thing is making me stronger, I actually learn more from this than I ever did from you!"
Those particular words ate into Kanan, and Ezra realised how douchey he sounded. Kanan was the reason Ezra had came this far to begin with...he should show more respect.
"Kanan, I...urgh..." Through his annoyance, he found reason. "Oh, just...just take it! I can't understand the stupid thing anyways!"
And he didn't want to hurt his relationship with another member of the crew, Sabine alone was almost unbearable for him.
Ezra aggressively shoved the holocron into Kanan's hands, and the man was pleased that his padawan made the right choice. A Sith holocron was simply too dangerous in the hands of someone so young, so emotional and passionate...
"Thank you, Ezra" He said kindly. "Ahsoka didn't die in vain, we kept it from the Empire. It'll be much safer in my cabin that it ever could be with them"
Ezra sighed, and forced himself to nod. He left the ship hastily, a desire to breathe fresh air once again...and clear his mind. Losing the holocron from his grasp...he suddenly felt naked...with a burning desire to take it back again...
"I can survive a little while, without it..." He thought. "A little while..."

Sabine removed her ear from the door. What were they just talking about? A holocron? Sith? Ahsoka? It all didn't sound pleasant...Ezra sounded quite upset. But, so was she...with him.
Guess we both got something to be pissed about.
Their talk seemed like Jedi mumbo-jumbo, which made it none of her concern. She looked at herself in the mirror, and looked at her naked shoulders and everything above. She brushed the long side of her hair out of her face, and skimmed her fingers along the shaved side.
"Why would Ketsu ever hurt this?" She said with a scoff. "Ezra, you're such a dumbass..."
Ketsu had learned her lesson, and had no desire to hurt Sabine ever again. This much, Sabine knew for sure. She felt angry, and needed to...do something about it. She took out her sketchbook and began writing her update on recent events. The Mandalorian wrote about the deal with Vizago, Ketsu's injury, the strange Mando now confined in a jail cell and insulting Ezra's numerous times.
Boys only care about their own feelings...don't give a shit about how others feel.
She knew that wasn't true, she had enough males in her life to contradict it and Ezra himself obviously did care deeply for his friends. Still...she was just so mad...talking about her precious girlfriend like that...
When she was done writing, she heard a knock at her door...the way in which it was knocked indicated it was Hera (Sabine had grown competent at identifying her friends at the door before she even saw them). She placed her book away, quickly slipped into her underwear and greeted her good friend Hera at the cabin entrance.
"Sabine, you're up! Thought I heard you mumbling in your room!" Hera exclaimed, then held a tray out to her, knowing the girl would never forgive her for allowing her to miss out on food otherwise. "You missed lunch and you were sleeping like a baby so I left you. What were you and Ezra yelling about a few hours ago? Could hear you both from the Cockpit..."
Sabine took her tray and dipped her finger into her dinner, before licking it clean.
Yum, pork soup.
"Oh it was nothing, Hera..." She dismissed the topic. "He just said something that irritated me a bit, that's all...I may have over-did the yelling, sorry..."
Nope. He deserved it, no one talks about my cyar'ika like that.
Hera then left her alone to eat, not thinking much of the matter. Sabine's own words then came up in her mind again...was she a little too harsh on Ezra? She understood that he loved her a great deal, and only wanted what was best for her...but Sabine had made her choice. Ezra had to accept that.
He has to, because if he doesn't...

Sabine headed outside, towards Sato's ship so she could visit Ketsu in the medical bay. She was thankful to know that Ketsu was fine, mostly. Her injuries weren't apparently that serious, as she had no fear of blood loss or infection.
She's a tough chick, she'd even take losing both arms.
As she walked, she came across Ezra who was appearing...distraught. He fingers were shaking and he looked sweaty, as if he was on withdrawal from some crazy drug...he looked awful.
What's wrong with him?
If he hadn't said anything however, Sabine might've just walked right past him.
"Sabine..." He squeaked. "I'm sorry I upset you, I didn't know what I was saying...Ketsu would NEVER hurt you...I see that!"
Oh, that was why? He was regretting what he said? He...was certainly having a very violent reaction to it. He looked like death.
"Ezra...are you okay?" Sabine said warily. "You look like shit...this isn't about me again, is it? Ezra...I'm sorry I yelled at you, but I thought you'd understand me by now..."
Ezra wiped his brow and sighed. He took a deep breathe, and calmed himself.
"I'm being killed here..." He confessed. "It's not just you Sabine, there are...other things..."
Ahsoka's death, Kanan being impaired, the pull between the light and the dark, his holocron being taken away from him...they were all taking it's toll on him.
"All these months that passed, not for a second did I not just feel our bond...THUMPING inside me..." He went on as Sabine listened. "I...know you made your choice...but if you could feel how I feel, you'd understand...you'd know just how fucking painful this is..."
Sabine looked down at the floor, guilty. She blamed herself for their bond developing, she should've known that force-sensitives make everything so much more complicated...
"Does...does it not go away...?" She asked hopelessly. "I thought...maybe if I stopped being so close to you-"
She stopped when Ezra shook his head frantically. That wasn't how it worked...even in death it never went away. Even if Sabine died, it wouldn't fade...it would just be an empty void in its place. Ezra couldn't imagine that feeling any better, if not worse.
"No, no! It doesn't go away!" He told her. "I...I can't take this anymore! I can't..."
Sabine didn't know what to say. She wanted Ezra to be happy, but she would never want to leave Ketsu. Mandalorians respected and desired strength, and Ketsu had plenty of that, she appealed to everything she liked. Sabine saw Ezra more as....cute.
"I...don't know what you want me to do" She said in a defeated manner, slumping her shoulders.
"Give me your hands" Ezra requested, holding out his own. "Just...feel as I do, and you'll know what you should do! I-I'm sure Ketsu would understand, you can still be good frie-"
Sabine stopped Ezra by turning away from him and shaking her head, refusing to let him touch her. She had no intentions of leaving Ketsu...she loved her too much. She had known her so long that even being abandoned by her once couldn't stop how she felt.
I can't...
"You won't even feel conflicted, Sabine!" Ezra further attempted to convince her. "You'll just know what you should do! You wouldn't regret it at all...because you'd UNDERSTAND..."
She still did not turn to him, and screwed her eyes tightly, rubbing her temples. As slightly tempted she was...she didn't feel inclined to have her choice made for her by something other than herself.
I'll make my own choice, the Force won't make it for me.
When it seemed certain that Sabine didn't give in, Ezra just wanted to burst into tears. But that would be weak, and he no longer considered himself such anymore. However, he was very clearly getting emotional. Sabine felt great guilt to know just how much she was letting Ezra suffer...but she couldn't accept his offer, not a chance.
"Then there's nothing left for me here, anymore" He whispered, loudly enough to be heard.
Sabine turned to Ezra and felt her heart sink when she saw what a mess he was. What had happened within short time to cause all this? Ezra could've chosen any time since her relationship with Ketsu began to tell her of this...why now?
"What's that supposed to mean?" She questioned. "Ezra...I can't love you in the way you want and I am so SO sorry for that...I know you didn't bring this on yourself, I did. I did it by getting so desperate for you after I was assaulted that long year ago"
And I was so selfish to not even consider what effect it might have on you...
She then tightly hugged him, enough so that she could feel the slight quivering in his bones. She felt she was handling a fragile creature. This creature however was not returning her affection.
"But I still love you...you're like the brother I never had" She told him. "Can...you not feel content with that?"
She mouthed her mouth to his ear, to whisper to him.
"We can fall out from time to time...but I never stopped loving you, Ezra" She assured him. "But please...you really do torture me with this stuff"
"You don't suffer half as much as I do" Ezra thought.
Sabine let go of him and studied his face, looking upon a seemingly more stable Ezra. He looked up at her and forced a small smile on his face. Sabine retuned his small, and patted his arm.
"Now, stop blubbing and come check on Ketsu with me" She asked of him, and he silently agreed with a small nod before following her. "Ketsu is, thankfully, okay. She's apparently had an operation...I can only imagine what..."
She had a rough idea.
Maybe those medical supplies that Mando offered us helped somehow.

As Sabine and Ezra walked through the white hallways of Sato's ship, Ezra suddenly stopped and looked in a different direction. Sabine then stopped and looked back at him.
"Uh, you go on without me" He urged, smiling at her. "I need to go do something"
Well, he changed his mind pretty quickly.
Sabine stared back at him for a little while, before accepting her terms and walking off without him. He seemed to recover pretty fast.
How long will it last, though?
She cared about how Ezra felt as much as she did Ketsu, or anyone else she was close with. She wanted everyone to be happy...but it often seemed to her that she could only please one or the other. Letting Ezra suffer however, was not on her list. She'd have to do SOMETHING for him if he really is in as much pain as he claimed he was.
I'll talk to him again, later.
Sabine entered the medical bay and into Ketsu's room. She found her girlfriend resting in the bed, still fully clad in her armour as always. She went to her side, and gently touched her shoulder, which got her attention as Ketsu opened her eyes and looked at her visitor.
"Oh, look who's here" She said tiredly with a smile. "You'll be happy to know that I'll actually be out of here in a few hours. I'm just...adjusting"
Sabine lowered her touch down Ketsu's arm, beneath the bed sheet.
"How did the operation go?" Sabine asked. "Smoothly?"
Ketsu raised her arm up to Sabine, and revealed a prosthetic forearm. The skeletal metal was fresh, with a shiny polish to it. Ketsu's face tensed a bit in difficulty as she twitched some of the fingers.
"It'll take some getting used to..." She muttered. "But eventually, it'll be unnoticeable from the real thing once I slip a glove over it or something"
Sabine smiled at her, and took a moment to just look at the fake arm.
"Don't worry..." Ketsu began with a smirk. "I've still got the other hand for when I'm furiously fingering you..."
Sabine chuckled and limply smacked Ketsu on her shoulder.
"But more importantly, you've still got your shooting hand" She reminded her. "And besides, you'll have no choice but to stick around on Atollon for a while longer unless you want to go bounty hunting with an unfamiliar appendage"
After Ketsu happily agreed with her, Sabine touched her face and leaned close to kiss her. As they shared intimacy, Sabine once again thought back to Ezra's accusation on Ketsu being willing to hurt her. With what she was currently doing at the very moment, she found it hard to believe her.
She'd never, ever hurt me.

Ezra entered the holding cells, to see Rook Kast again. She and Fenn Rau were silent, but the whole atmosphere felt uneasy between them. Feel Rau certainly had a grudge against her, but Ezra didn't quite know why.
"Kast, you know of the holocron" Ezra said to her as she approached him. "Tell me exactly what it is, and tell me why you want it...and who are you? You and your people?"
The irresistible curiosity in his words made her smile behind her helmet. She knew he wouldn't be able to tear himself away from her for long.
"Oh I would, but..." Rook glanced over at Fenn, who was watching with a sharp attention. "We have some unwelcome ears in here..."
Understanding what she meant, and simply too curious on what she had to tell, Ezra reached his arm out through the Force and made Fenn's head smash against the metal bars, knocking him out swiftly. It made Rook chuckle, seeing him taken out so quickly...though she wondered if Ezra could do the same just as easily to her.
"I got a helmet on" She reminded herself.
Ezra looked back at the woman, awaiting her confession. She decided to oblige him. It was time to give a history lesson.
"I'm a member of the Super Commandos...formerly Deathwatch" She told him. "Our faction was separated into two after the death of our leader Pre Vizsla: The Night Owls and the Super Commandos...my faction remained loyal to our Mand'alor...the Night Owls and their traitorous leader Bo-Katan brought Imperial rule upon us..."
Ezra nodded. So Rook was a Mandalorian loyalist? Then why did Fenn Rau claim she was a traitor?
"What reason would Rau have to call you a traitor...or dar'manda?" He asked.
Rook shook her head and gave a glance at the man's unconscious body, before looking back at the boy.
"He's a Protector, his kind used to be the elite force of the Mand'alor but they were corrupted by the Empire...they're nothing but personal mercenaries for the Empire now. He also had a big problem with all things Vizsla...so of course he'd call me dar'manda"
It seemed to make sense. Sabine had also told Ezra that she was of House Vizsla and Fenn hated her...but she also told him that Deathwatch were terrorists...extremists...
"But back to me..." Rook continued. "The Super Commandos were forced from our home after the Siege of Mandalore...we were left a big, unorganised mess and we became mere mercenaries in our darkest hour...but that all changed...six months ago..."
Six months ago? Is all this relating somehow to the events of Malachor? Ezra carefully listened on as she explained the reasons for why the Super Commandos were interested in the holocron, and in himself.
"Our Lord had been searching for the holocron for some time...but in the search, they also grew interested in you. I don't know anything about the Force or Jedi, or Sith...but I was told to bring you and the holocron to our home"
Someone had been interested in him? Who? And for how long? And how did they know where to find him and the holocron?
"How did you find me?" He asked, growing suspicious. "Only the Empire could know of this holocron...wait...are you aware of someone called Ahsoka? Ahsoka Tano?"
His heart felt a brief moment of hope...but he was crushed when she confirmed that she knew nothing of an Ahsoka Tano. It seemed the Togruta really was dead, then...
"I...don't know how we found you, actually..." She admitted, seemingly as confused as him. "I was just told where to go, and our Lord was very certain. I don't know a thing about the holocron either, really...only that I needed to obtain it"
"Who is your Lord?" He interrogated,
This, she did not answer, it was the one question she was told to not answer.
"If you...came with me..." She supposed. "You can learn everything and meet someone who can answer your questions better than I ever could"
He was silent. He couldn't allow this matter to continue being unknown...even Sabine herself knew nothing of Rook Kast and her faction. Were the Super Commandos truly friends? Or was Ezra being deceived?
"Give me a reason why I should go with you, besides answers" He said, crossing her arms and standing with intention to not be convinced.
Rook Kast looked blankly at him...as if trying to think of a good reason. It made a small smirk creep on his face, but then a smirk appeared on her's behind the helmet.
"Are you...struggling with the holocron? Does it get frustrating to know that you can't unlock it full potential?" She teased. "I bet it sucks knowing you're not strong enough to protect your friends..."
That plucked a nerve in him, and his smile disappeared. This woman had just witnessed him incapacitate a veteran Mandalorian with the wave of his hand, and she dared claim he wasn't strong enough? Though, deep down...he knew she was right.
"You...you know how it works? Are you a Force wielder?" He asked as his placed his hands on the bars, looking at her with a glimpse of curiosity. "Do you know how I can understand it?"
She chuckled and sighed. Her? A Force Wielder? With the things she witnessed...she wished.
"Me? No" She admitted. "But come with me, and you'll have someone who knows how to handle the holocron a whole better than you, me or anyone else put together"
He fingers trembled slightly and his head hung. He so desperately wanted to tap into the knowledge of the holocron, and learn the secrets that Maul promised would destroy the Sith. But...who knew what he didn't?
"I...I..." He stumbled, unsure of what to say. "I...I can't...I don't have the holocron, it's been taken from me..."
The effect of not having the holocron on his person was taking its toll. Ezra felt like his very soul had been stolen from him...and he so desperately wanted to take it back.
"Taken by whom?" Rook has asked sharply.
"My...my master..." He answered. "He found out...if I get it back, he'll only take it from me again..."
Rook curled her lips. His master? Ah yes...she had been told of him. She was surprised a blind man even found out.
"Take it back, and come with me" She offered once again. "No one can take it from you, then..."
He looked up at her with a great temptation swelling in him. He was beginning to sweat again, and she noticed it.
"N...no one?" He repeated.
She nodded, and gently touched his fingers comfortingly.
"No one...it'll be yours, and you can learn all it has to offer..." She said softly. "...but only if you come with me. Do you want to destroy the Empire? Protect your friends...? Revenge for your parents...?"
He was surprised. His parents? How did she know of them? But regardless...it all sounded so...right.
"Justice..." He whispered, before shaking his head and looking at her with more confidence. "I'm unlocking your cell, wait for me by your ship"
"There's little for me here, anyways..." He said to himself. "Kanan can hardly teach me, Sabine hates me, I can't use the holocron here..."
Better he just left.
"Excellent..." She thought delightedly. "Knew that would get him interested"
Ezra went to leave, but turned his head when he stopped for a moment.
"I'm only doing this because I can't do it here..." He informed her. "I WILL come back here if I'm not satisfied with what you have to offer me...and don't think I won't kill you if you try to stop me"
Ezra himself wasn't sure if he meant the threat, or not. Either way...it felt weird.
She smiled as he walked outside and waved his hand in front of the guard while telling him something. The guard then repeated Ezra's words and complied without questioned, opening her cell and leaving the area. It was an impressive display of the Force...perhaps her leader was right about the boy, after all.
She would've headed straight for her ship, but she had to deal with something first. Something that would possibly irritate her if she didn't get it over with, now.
"Something personal"

Rook Kast entered the medical bay of the ship, discreetly avoiding the rebels. She figured that she would find the Mandalorian girl here, somewhere...she had heard her speaking with Ezra before the boy came to talk with her. Rook then found her target, affectionately kissing another girl who was lying in the bed of the medical room.
"Ohh...you have a girlfriend..." She said, finding the scene adorable. "How cute..."
Sabine pulled from Ketsu and looked back at Room, alert to her presence. The Mandalorian should've still been in confinement with Fenn Rau.
"What are you doing out your cell?" Sabine questioned, standing up from Ketsu and pulling a WESTAR-35 on her. "Who let you out!?"
Rook raised her hands up, to show them she meant no harm. She had came here for a more...personal matter. It seemed Sabine did not know who she was.
"That's not important, but I suggest you shut up and listen to what I have to say" Rook advised, and Sabine slowly lowered her blaster...but she did not holster it. "Your name...what's your name?"
She already knew it...but she wanted confirmation.
Sabine raised an eyebrow as Rook studied her face. She didn't know what sort of emotion she was displaying under her helmet.
"Well, suppose it'll do me no good hiding it..." Sabine muttered. "Sabine. My name is Sabine. What's it matter to you...?"
The woman lowered her head, and scanned the girls figure...then her face again. She then looked at Ketsu, who appeared rather unsure what to make out of the situation. Rook...didn't quite know what to say.
"Look, I'll get to the point..." She told them, then faced Sabine as she slowly approached her. "Your clan name...its Wren, right? Sabine Wren?"
Sabine stared at her sharply, and slowly nodded. How did this woman know this much about her? Who was she? Sabine had never seen her before.
"You seem to know a bit about me" Sabine said cautiously. "How about you teach me a little bit about you? Who are you?"
"She wouldn't know me..." Rook thought. "But I know her"
Rook did not answer with a reply...instead she took hold of her helmet and slipped the heavily customised armour from her head, revealing the woman to be middle-aged. Although Sabine did not see it, Ketsu immediately saw the similarities between the two...the natural brown hair, the narrow eyes, the same chin...
"I...heh...I never thought I'd ever see you again" Rook said to Sabine as Ketsu stared in awe. "But, uh...Sabine?"
Rook carried her helmet under her arms, as Sabine continued to look at her with no change in her expression. Rook smiled faintly, and opened her mouth...but it took a while for words to come out.
"I'm...I'm your mom" She confessed, with a weak chuckle.
Sabine looked at her confused, turning her head and looking back at Ketsu who was continually glancing at both her and Rook. Sabine turned to face Rook again.
"Uh...wha?" She could only say. "I'm sorry, I just thought you said you were my mom...?"
Her mom? Sabine found that hard to believe...Rook nodded, and confirmed that she was indeed who she claimed to be. She told her that a mother would be able to always recognise her child...and that she recognised her. Sabine was lost for words...
"Hah...right..." Sabine said sarcastically. "Prove it"
"You were born on Mandalore. I gave you to your father in Clan Wren while I...stayed with Deathwatch. And, uh...that's all I know..." She muttered, with little to say.
Rook never really did see Sabine for that long...
"Hmph. That's not very convincing" Sabine rolled her eyes. "How can you be so sure? You hardly know anything about me..."
"I...I just know" Rook said. "You don't have to believe me...but I know my own daughter when I see her...even if it has been...seventeen years?"
She knows my age, then.
Sabine felt...unsure. There were some similarities between herself and Rook, but that wasn't good enough. Though...her feelings were agreeing with Rook...they seemed convinced. Sabine had never known her mother, so if Rook was indeed her mother...it would explain why knew so little herself.
"She...she does look like you, Sabine..." Ketsu admitted. "Your dad once told me she stuck with Deathwatch...?"
And Rook admitted she was of Deathwatch, once. It...was all piecing together.
But...no, theres no way she'd just find me by coincidence...but what reason would she have to lie about it?
"I didn't come here knowing I'd find you, I came here for a different reason" Rook went on, moving closer to her. "My name is Rook Kast, did your dad ever mention me? Heh...I'm little overwhelmed to see you-"
Rook reached out to touch Sabine's cheek, but the girl smacked her hand away from her. She didn't feel happy, or upset that she just met her mother...she was INFURIATED! She hit Rook again, but this time a punch across her jaw, making her stumble back a bit.
"Even if you ARE who you claim you are?" Sabine began angrily. "You were never there for me...and you're of Deathwatch! It was people like you who gave ALL of House Vizsla a bad name...who caused-"
Sabine stopped when she thought of the death of everyone in her clan. Her whole family had died...and all she had left was her mother? Someone she never knew? Someone who isn't even of the same clan?
Never heard of Clan Kast.
"As far as I'm concerned?" She continued, more calmly. "You're just another terrorist...another traitor! A dar'manda! I don't even want you remain a prisoner here, I want you gone!"
She wanted her to take her ship and leave. To never come back. She didn't care if she was a potential ally...or enemy.
Oh, you're lucky I don't just get Fenn Rau and his Protectors to hunt you down!
Hearing Sabine call her a disgrace to Mandalorians hit Rook a little...but perhaps she was getting too emotional. Sabine was right, she hardly knew her. Mandalorians never considered sharing blood that significant when it came to family, anyways.
"Yes...I suppose you're just another Rebel..." Rook agreed with a slow nod. "I'm so sorry I wasted your time, Wren. I'll just be going now...good luck with the Rebellion"
"You're gonna need it, if we don't get what we want" She thought. "Daughter or not, you'd be an enemy"
Rook got what she came here for in this conversation, closure and a confirmation. She didn't need much more than that. Rook slipped her helmet back on and turned to leave them. Not once did she look back.
"She's not what I came for, she isn't important" She thought. "But it's over and done with, now"

Sabine should've chased after her, alerted everyone that a prisoner had escaped...but she didn't bring herself to do so. Instead she just sat on the edge of the bed and stared blankly at her feet. Ketsu got out of the bed and sat next to her, placing a hand on her girlfriend's knee.
"Are...you okay?" Ketsu asked with concern. "I mean...you did just meet your mom for the first time in over seventeen years"
Suppose I did...but it doesn't mean I have to feel anything for her.
"She means nothing to me, Ketsu" The Rebel told her firmly. "Aliit ori'shya tal'din...family is more than blood"
Ketsu nodded. It was one of the most important aspects of Mandalorian society...to a Mando, sharing blood is meaningless. All that matters is how you feel for someone, and all Sabine felt for her mother was hatred. Rook stood for everything she hated in a Mandalorian...being her mother wouldn't change that.
But Ketsu...
She looked at her lover and planted a big kiss on her mouth, then held the side of her face.
"You're my family, Ketsu" Sabine whispered. "Rook is just another traitorous dar'manda to forget about...so let's forget her"
Sabine continued to kiss her, and Ketsu began returning her affection after staring blankly for a moment. Ketsu seemed more troubled by it than Sabine was.
She means nothing to me.
And that, was something Sabine was entirely convinced of.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

11.5K 156 4
𝗘𝗡𝗚. ೃ⁀➷ oneshots about various woso players [player x player] and [player x oc] 🦕 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗧. VARIOUS PLAYERS 𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗦. VARIOUS TROPES // 🫐...
17.2K 985 18
~~COMPLETE - Multifandom~~ Bridget Shannon is the girlfriend of Ransom Drysdale. Though he isn't always as nice as she knows he can be, she sees the...
34.2K 950 44
Carmen Sandiego isn't afraid of sacrificing herself for her family and for the world that she loves so dearly. So when VILE is planning something tha...
123K 5.4K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...