Deep Down Under

By Darkusbooks

***Highest rank in mystery/thriller-#6*** Kill a man, one is a murderer. Kill a thousand, a conqueror. Kill t... More

...
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
From the science files
History and Geography

Chapter 21

751 87 2
By Darkusbooks

Cecilio Homes, Milan, Italy, 10:02 am

Sophia knocked on the oak wood once more, not expecting any reply. Why is he doing this? The guests were due to arrive any second. She couldn't make a bad impression.

She had an ominous feeling of Déjà Vu. The events that took place in the past few days were familiar to her. But she couldn't recall when.

Her grandfather had locked himself inside three days ago; he had only taken a few glasses of water and some bread, nothing else. She still freshly remembered what he had told him last time.

Dark days are coming.

Sophia shuddered at that thought. He was perfectly normal before; she couldn't figure out what set him off, and once again, it was vaguely familiar.

The bell rang in her ears. The guests had arrived and her grandfather was still locked inside. She let out a deep sigh.

She made her way to the door and swung it open. She tried her best to keep her expression enthusiastic and happy.

"Hello Sophia dear!" greeted one of the two guests, a woman who looked to be in her late fifties.

"Welcome Fabiana zia!"

The man beside Fabiana gave a hard smile; his thoughts seemed to be hovering elsewhere.

"Where is papa?" he finally said, voicing his thoughts aloud.

Sophia's smile turned upside down, "I don't know...he's been acting strangely in the past few days..."

The two guests frowned as well, Fabiana place her hand on Sophia's shoulder, "Why? What's wrong?"

Sophia placed her hand on her forehead and pressed it, "He's locked himself inside a room. He hasn't been behaving like this ever since-"

She stopped cold in her tracks and felt a ball of ice form in her stomach as a grave realisation struck her.

Fabiana squeezed Sophia's shoulder, "ever since...when?"

Sophia looked up, now she had truly understood what her grandfather had really meant.

"Ever since right before nine-eleven,"

* * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130 10 16
************************************** Going to the university you have dreamed of is always feels like a dream come true. Right? But what happens...
195 31 13
In the hushed moments before the final act, he imparted his last words to Alexander and his voice resonated with wisdom. - Humans harbor a distorted...
118 56 56
London, 2068. This is my personal account of the events that had happened. A crisis had taken over the entire world. Gas. Steam. It was the industria...
116 0 8
Death, it isn't that simple to kill someone, even in the end someone just flies like a bird, just free from anything, can't anyone be like that, can'...