Mending A Broken Soul (Mavin)

By Marshmellowkiller101

~ Sequel to When All Else Fails ~ A whole month after Gavin's last suicide attempt has proved to be a very pr... More

Chapter One: Recovering?
Chapter Two: Decisions
Chapter Three: That New Intern...
Chapter Four: Accident
Chapter Five: Aftermath
Chapter Six: The Anointing
Chapter Eight: Confusion
Chapter Nine: Real Me
Chapter Ten: Understanding
Chapter Eleven: Your Pain Is My Pain
Chapter Twelve: Breakdowns
Chapter Thirteen: Insomnia Nights
Chapter Fourteen: Mental Hospitals
Chapter Fifteen: Guilt
Chapter Sixteen: Michael's Journal
Chapter Seventeen: Happiness?
Chaptee Eighteen: Anger
Chapter Nineteen: Smiles
Chapter Twenty: Epilogue
Author's Note
Regarding The Sequel
Sequel Is Up!!!

Chapter Seven: An Insider's View

349 22 9
By Marshmellowkiller101

Chapter Seven:
An Insider's View

"This week on The Know we have news regarding the absence of the two Achievement Hunters, Michael Jones and Gavin Free. Unfortunately, the two were in a major car accident, leaving them both residing in the hospital. On a happy note, Gavin is awake and quickly recovering. However..." Meg paused in her announcement to choke back a sob.

"However, Michael still remains in a comatose state with no signs of recovering," She continued.

I quickly shut my laptop, not being able to watch anymore. Having it announced just made it sound so much more real, like Michael was never going to wake up.

But he was going to... He had to.

Geoff said I was beginning to go into denial and he had been trying to stop me from doing so. Honestly, I'd rather go into denial then continue knowing the truth. At least while I'm in denial I'd have a false sense of hope that I could go off of.

The door opened and I jumped, watching as Brandon walked in and took a seat next to me. I smiled at him, sitting up and turning to him slightly.

Since the anointing, Brandon made daily visits to my room, along with Michael's. I liked it. He didn't talk about Michael's coma or how he might never wake up. Instead, he told me stories about Michael's past and the things he did. But today, I could tell there was something different about him. He wasn't smiling and rushing into another hilarious story about Michael. Instead, he avoided eye contact with me, staring at his folded hands.

"Can I ask you something Gavin?" He asked me.

"Of course. Anything," I responded quickly.

"What are you to Michael? I've heard so many different stories. I just... I want the true story from you," Brandon asked me.

"Well... I was his best friend," I started slowly.

"How come he broke off his engagement with Lindsay so quickly?" Brandon asked me again, making me feel like he was accusing me of something.

"Michael and I were best friends... Until... Until I tried to kill myself by jumping off a bridge," I told him.

Brandon instantly leaned back and stared at me with wide eyes. I saw the pity and shock in his eyes and I hoped that he wasn't gonna be like the others were.

"I... Wow. I didn't know. Um... Why did you want to commit suicide?" He asked me.

"There are a number of reasons, Brandon. One being that I have depression and it's been getting increasingly worse as time goes on. Another being that I went through some... Traumatizing things when I was younger. The last being that... I... I was deeply in love with your brother," I told him.

Brandon nodded slowly, unclasping his hands and clasping them again. He let out a sigh and nodded again, stronger this time.

"You were in love with him?" He finally asked me.

"Yes. And I still am," I told him.

"And... Are you guys, like, a couple now?" He asked me, slowly understanding.

"Yes, since I tried to jump off the bridge last month," I told him.

"Oh... Wow. I never really saw my little brother as being someone who... Who would date another guy," Brandon said.

"Me either," I mumbled under my breath.

"Is he, like, totally-" I cut him off there, not wanting to hear the word since I knew it wasn't true for him.

"No. I can tell. He's never came out and told me but I can tell he has an attraction for a new intern working for us," I told him, feeling myself get angry and sad all over again.

If she hadn't been such a bitch to me I wouldn't be in this mess now. I wouldn't have stormed off in a fit and needed Michael to catch me. I wouldn't have needed him to take me home or drive around with me. I wouldn't be sitting in this god damned hospital, possibly waiting for my boyfriends death.

"Well, I'm sorry for having such an unpleasant conversation with you but I think someone else wants to speak with you," Brandon told me, gesturing to the door.

Speak of the devil.

Brandon got up and left the room, closing the door behind him while the red haired woman came over to me and sat down in the chair he was previously in. I tried my best to act pleasant and kind around her but my emotions quickly tumbled out.

"I hate you, you know," I mumbled, but loud enough for her to hear.

"Why's that?" She asked, completely unfazed by my words. I wasn't satisfied with that response.

"Because if you hadn't asked me about that Rage Quit Michael was doing, we wouldn't be in this mess now," I growled at her, sending her an icy glare.

She nodded and folded her hands over her crossed legs, still completely unfazed.

"Why did that upset you?" She asked me.

"Because... Rage Quit is Michael and I's thing. It's something that I like to do with him because it reminds me of happier times that I spent with him. So... When you told me you were gonna do it with him... I felt like I was losing something that was only meant for Michael and I," I told her, using softer words.

"Okay. So, that was defiantly a wrong move by my part. What happened after that?" She asked me.

"I... I started having these thoughts. Thoughts that I was losing Michael for good. That my time with him was up," I told her again, feeling my voice get shaky as the thoughts came back again.

"Why do you feel that way? Michael really loves you," She asked me again.

"Because... I see the way he looks at you. Like you're everything he wants and more. And as much as it pains me to admit... You two do look like you're meant to be together," I told her.
Rosie sat back and smiled. I felt the resentment for her rise again. She was finding pleasure in my broken heart.

"Gavin, do you want to know why Michael and I have been spending so much time together?" She asked me, still smiling.

She's gonna say that they make out in private... Or... Have sex even. That Michael's been cheating on me since she showed her perky little face through the door.

"Why," I growled, feeling the tears push back on my eyes again.

"Michael noticed something about me that a lot of people fail to notice. I was once in your place, Gavin. Depression can really suck and it can sometimes get the better of people," Rosie told me. She slid up the sleeves to her hoodie.

Scars. Scars over scars. Scars over scars over scars. That was what I saw on her wrists. I felt my own arm twitch and my own scars were revealed to her and myself.

"See, we have a lot more in common than you might think," She whispered to me.

"Wait... You wear t-shirts all the time. Why didn't I notice them before?" I asked her.

"I put make up on them so people can't see them. It wouldn't be the greatest feeling if people gave me disgusted looks as I walked down the street," She told me, running a finger over the scars.

When she looked back up at me, I didn't see the strong young woman I had moments before, but a scared and depressed young girl.

"So... You have depression?" I asked her.

"I did. Not so much anymore. I still have my days where I don't feel like doing much of anything, but for the most part I'm happy," She told me, smiling a genuine smile.

"I wish I could be like you. To just... Be able to pull out of your depression," I whispered.

"But you can, Gavin. You just have to have the willpower and strength to do so," She told me. She suddenly took my hand in hers.

"The bigger part of the reason Michael and I have been hanging out so much is because Michael thinks I can help you. He wants me to talk to you, to be like your second therapist. I don't know you too well, and you don't know me. And when has your own therapist ever struggled with depression? Michael thinks that it'd be better if I talked to you, along with your therapist, so you can have an outsiders opinion and an insiders opinion. You see what I'm saying?" Rosie explained.

For the first time since I met her, I actually felt comfortable with Rosie. She knows what it's like to go through depression, not to mention, she pulled out of it. My current therapist never went through anything that I'm going through now. Maybe this idea would work.

"Okay. Okay... I'll do it," I told her, smiling. She smiled too and released my hand.

Suddenly the door burst open and Geoff and Brandon rushed in with smiles on their faces. I looked at them in confusion and watched as they raced over to me.

"Gav, we have great news. Michael's waking up."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow, I finally have an idea of where I want this story to go.
Anyway, thank you all for those who have been reading. It means a lot that people that the time to read my story and leave feedback on it. Please continue to do so because I'm not gonna become a better writer without it.
Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436 10 39
Claire Fortescue has a big secret. She's been hiding her social anxiety from those closest to her. Until she meets Brock, that is. He's funny, caring...
6.3K 186 13
Michael can't take his mind off of the British lad that Geoff's parents adopted. Some sensitive stuff near the end but there's a warning at the start...
2.2K 112 5
Michael Jones decides to get out of the house for a change by going to an overnight horror camp, where he meets four potential new friends. Geoff, Ry...
11.2K 421 21
Gavin goes to hospital one day after some major headaches and vision pains. What he learns from the doctor isn’t the best news.