My Monster Mate (Book I)

By Mbalii

Book One in the My Mate Series - "Elijah," Alexander calls in this terrifying voice. I know it's dangerous bu... More

Part I
One: The Attack
Two: The Joke
Three: The Club
Four: The Almost Rejection
Five: The Brother
Six: The Creatures
Seven: The Encounter
Eight: The Coward
Nine: The Sparks
Ten: The Reason
Eleven: The Russo Brothers
Twelve: The Semi Rescue
Thirteen: The Twin
Fourteen: The Blackout
Fifteen: The Brother
Sixteen: The Discovery
Seventeen: The Rash Decision
Eighteen: The Great Escape
Nineteen: The Mother
Twenty: The Emotions
Twenty-One: The Switch
Twenty-Two: The Ex
Twenty-Three: The Return
Twenty-Four: The Secrets Out
Twenty-Five: The Episode
Twenty-Six: The Shot
Twenty-Seven: The Bullet
Part II
Twenty-Eight: The Wait
Twenty-Nine: The Morning Swaps
Thirty: The Regret
Thirty-One: The Revival
Thirty-Two: The Move
Thirty-Three: The Hex
Thirty-Four: The Dark Magic
Thirty-Five: The Dark Side
Thirty-Six: The Temporarily Wolf-Less Elijah
Thirty-Seven: The Third In Command
Thirty-Nine: The Rogue Mission
Forty: The Dream
Forty-One: The Defiance
Forty-Two: The Battle
Forty-Three: The Accident
Part III
Forty-Four: The Flight Home
Forty-Five: The Betrayal
Forty-Six: The Outrage
Forty-Seven: The Confession
Forty-Eight: The Truth
Forty-Nine: The Ceremony
Fifty: The End
Thank You || Q&A
Bonus: Halloween
Bonus: Alexander's Pov
New: Her Calling. Book II: My Hybrid Mate

Thirty-Eight: The Friend

34.5K 1.3K 82
By Mbalii

The Friend

I was sweating bricks by the time Alexander finally decided to pitch up to 'train with me,' he was hours late. I didn't mind though, Mia was a worthy opponent. I wasn't at my best so she won most of the time.

The more I spar with her, the more I edge closer to being the Warrior I know I am. So, I don't really mind her. She's a much needed friend.

I hadn't touched a training ground since I've been awake and now that I was here, sparring with someone else it was amazing. I wanted to get right back into everything, including teaching.

I needed to speak to Alexander about that, I had to speak to him about being a trainer here. Although I would miss the pups over at the North Pack, I had a soft spot for them, I needed to get back into it.

I also would need the job, I can't just be a trophy Luna who does what Alexander does or attend meetings he can't attend to. I need to have my own life and the best way to start that is by teaching others to fight.

It would be a little nerve wrecking having to train The Howlers though. I'm not sure how it would go down, would I be adequate?

When Alexander finally arrived, he was a bit ruffled, clearly whatever was keeping him busy for all that time really got him frazzled.

"Liah..." His eyes wondered from my face down to my exposed chest, to my exposed legs and back up to my face.

I could see the change in his face as he took everything in, it was a little funny to witness it contort like that. When he was done looking me up, he growled once he realised I've been dressed like this the entire time.

"Why are you barely dressed?"

I lifted my head from the floor, blocking my eyes from the sun I squinted my eyes to look up at him.

Panting a bit between every few words I answer, "Because I know that it gets really hot after a good workout." I shrug, chugging down some water.

He squats down to my current level, "Was it a good workout, Liah? Was it a good show and tell too?"

"I'm not going to have this argument here." I turned my head towards Mia, "Thanks Mia. Please come pick me up same time tomorrow."

She nodded, "If that's fine with the Alpha." She looked at Alexander.

I wanted to roll my eyes but I understood, we only just met and he is her Alpha. He currently outranks me, I'm just his mate right now not his Luna. So my voice wasn't as loud, no one would be following my orders' without the go-ahead from Alexander.

"Whatever she wants." He huffs, rolling his eyes as a hand gets waved dismissively.

I smile feeling oddly pleased and somewhat greatful that he actually agreed. A small part of me feared he'd want me to rest for another week or something.

"Hey, Alexander can I ask a favour?"

He raises his eyes for a moment, removing his focus from strapping on his gym gloves, "Yeah, anything."

The sincerity and purity in his voice almost has my knees weak.

"Can I be a trainer?"

His head moves back slightly from shock, "Like you were at the North Pack?"

"Yeah, exactly like that." I fidget with the elastic band of the bra.

He opens his mouth then closes it finally he speaks, "Yeah. Sure I think that would be great."

Just as a smile breaks out on my face he adds, "Just not dressed like this please."

I want to laugh, "Oh would you look at that, it's shower time."

I set off towards Alexander's home.

"This discussion isn't over." He yells after me.

The further away I got the bigger my smile became, I was glad he agreed, glad I'd get to train others again. I also knew what I was wearing now wouldn't cut it as the to-be Luna, so I definitely wouldn't train anyone else in these.

I made my way to my bedroom and hopped right into the showered. Having the water cool me down felt amazing.

Once I was finished in the bathroom I walked out whilst drying my hair with my towel. I knew it would automatically fall into its curly locks if I don't straighten it. But that's exactly what I wanted.

When I exited I saw Alexander was sat on my bed, he was shirtless. His scent had never been this potent. It was delicious.

"May I help you?" I smiled with a slightly raised brow.

He ran his hand through his hair, "I don't want you dressing like that in front of other males."

Deciding to tease him a bit, I smirk and begin,

"It's not like they can have any of this. It's all," His eyes started darkening, "Mine." I finish just as his eyes fade back to brown and his face doesn't look impressed.

"No," He growls, "It's all mine."

I shake my head, hiding my smirk. He raises a brow and starts making his way up to me.

I taunt, "All the property of Elijah Azaliah Vilakazi."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is." I nod, turning around to reenter the bathroom before he could reach me. I lock the door as soon as I shut it.

"Ha!" I point at the now closed door separating us, "You thought you had me against the wall. Sorry buster." I did a little happy dance.

I turned and thanked the Goddess I had gotten dressed in the bathroom. I opened the window and jumped out. I went around the house and found Mia about to enter the house.

"Mia!" I yelled, in order to aquire her attention.

She turned with a smile, "Lu-Elijah."

"What brings you here?"

"I wanted to know if you wanted a tour of the grounds – unless the Alpha already offered." She added quickly.

"He hasn't. I would love one." I beamed.

* * *

I had to admit the entire Pack was gorgeous. Alexander really took good care of his land. It was incredibly admirable. Buildings are kept clean and tidy. Grasslands are kept green and trimmed.

Mia also mentioned that everybody has a job. Not one Pack member has 'nothing to do.' The only ones exempt from work are the pensioners – who get pension money from Alexander himself if they had no plan. And children below eighteen. After high school they could choose if they wanted to study or work.

I lived with the humans for a week and a half and I noted that they were not this organised. They had plenty problems with government, their buildings and land was not this well kept. They would envy this.

I was proud of the leader Alexander actually was, no wonder his pack mates would blindly follow him to battle. They must adore him deeply and it was understandable, he actually took great care of them.

Without looking over at her I say, "He's a good Alpha, isn't he?"

"The best." She smiled brightly, obviously proud of her Alpha.

I smile at her response, "How long have you known him?"

"All my life. Same goes for Kyrie. I just personally dislike him." She chuckles.

"Why's that?"

Kyrie didn't seem like a bad fella, sure I haven't known him long or as long as she has but I wouldn't say I dislike him.

"He's a big fuckboy." She scoffs.

I hold back a laugh, does somebody have a crush?

"You like him?" I raised a brow.

She almost chokes on air, "No freaking way. My sister did, he broke her stupid heart." She rolls her eyes, "Also, we just never got along. This just gave me a good reason to actually dislike him."

I laughed at her words, I was so glad Alexander sent for her Mia was a breath of fresh air. She was like no one I had met yet. She was bright and filled with sunshine and incredibly funny. I enjoyed her company oh so much.

It goes without saying that I miss Nicholas and Nathaniel both. It was impossibly easy to see them both back at home. Now that I've moved here, it's difficult to see them and I can't even link them either.

Once I left North Pack territory I lost the ability to link Nic and it takes great effort to link Nate without me seeing him, so I don't.

Which makes having Mia around so much better. I would've went crazy without someone to call a friend.

"Let's get froyo." She beamed.

"Oh, no. I have no money on me. I kind of didn't pack my own stuff. Alexander purposely left my money, I guess." I shrug.

She waves off my excuse, "We can go get some from him later. I'll pay." She smiles.

I shake my head, "I can't let you do that. If anything I should pay."

"Besides the fact that you can't," She giggled, "It's okay, I will."

I reluctantly ordered and let her pay. I needed to get back into shape so I could begin working. I needed to make my own money. Being dependent on Alexander for everything isn't something I want to do.

Mia walked me back to the house as we chatted about this that and the other. Arriving at the house I thanked her and walked in. Apparently she had a meeting to attend and sadly I couldn't go with her because no one knows I'm the Luna.

When I was reminded of that, I was just reminded of my entire situation.

This is such a mess.

I have to get back to Russia. I have to make this right. I have to defeat Krushchev and undo the spell. I need my wolf back. I have a duty to this Pack and I can't fulfil it wolf-less.

I can't let them go into war over me either, that's pathetic. I have to defeat him on my own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 1.1K 35
He stepped even closer so close that our nose was touching and I could feel his minty breath on my face. Oh no wrong move. "I was just cleaning it"...
1.2M 30.9K 24
"I can listen to your thoughts!" I whisper panicking again. He begins to smile while I back away. Oh moon goddess I'm sure he will kill me now. No I...
447K 14.6K 28
11:59 pm "5" "4" "3" They chanted counting down to the moment Ares will meet his mate. "2" "1" Sparks erupted in my heart making me gasp and fall ont...
110K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...