Book 1 of Twisted: I Heart...

By sheepandwolf

Probably the biggest love triangle ever. After enrolling in to McKinley High, Avery, Erica and Victoria foun... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1- First day of school
Chapter 2- How was your day
Chapter 3- Auditions
Chapter 4- Did we make the cut?
Chapter 5- A Dramatic Plot
Chapter 6- Worst Date Ever
Chapter 7- First training
Chapter 8- Trouble
Chapter 9- Confrontation
Chapter 11- The Concert
Chapter 12- Jealousy In The Lab
Chapter 13- Reasons
Chapter 14- Seeing Is Not Believing
Chapter 15- History
Chapter 16- Baseball vs Basketball
Chapter 17- A Bunny Disguise
Chapter 18- A Good Deed
Chapter 19- Blind Corner
Chapter 20- Let's Play
Chapter 21- The Party of a Beginning
Chapter 22- Doubtful
Chapter 23- Trapped
Chapter 24- The Game
Chapter 25- Innocent and Naughty
Chapter 26- Day 2 Of Fun
Chapter 27- Payback
Chapter 28- Secret Love
Chapter 29- Quarterfinals
Chapter 30- Valentine's Day
Chapter 31- Number 13
Chapter 32- Natasha Ford
Chapter 33- Semifinals
Chapter 34- Movie Night
Chapter 35- Decisions
Chapter 36- Child's Play
Chapter 37- Unsaid Feelings
Chapter 38- Love At First Sunlight
Chapter 39- Ideal Girl
Chapter 40- Sophie's Makeover
Chapter 41- Tone Deaf
Chapter 42- Assumptions
Chapter 43 - Finals
Chapter 44- After Party
Chapter 45 - Bitch Recruitment
Chapter 46 - The Bet
Chapter 47 - Friend or Foe?
Chapter 48 - Preparations
Chapter 49 - The Amazing Race
Chapter 50 - A Hockey Celebration
Chapter 51 - Melody's Meeting
Chapter 52- Planning
Chapter 53- A Little Love Surprise
Chapter 54- Outcome
Chapter 55- The Real Deal
Chapter 56- Library Encounter
Chapter 57- Suspicions
Chapter 58- Who I Really Am
Chapter 59- Bowling

Chapter 10- First 'Date'

19.1K 234 21
By sheepandwolf

Author's note: Wolf- Sorry for the late upload but here it is!

Chapter 10- First 'Date'

Michelle:

Today I'm going to watch Romeo and Juliet with Avery so I should wear something nice and presentable. Honestly, theatrical arts aren't my thing either but I have to do it in order for Avery to forgive me and this is probably one of the very few chances I could be alone with Avery. 

I checked the time and it was 4.15pm. I picked out my outfit which I had thought about a thousand times over and headed into the bathroom to change. I wore a black button up shirt with a red tie and I rolled up my sleeves. I also wore dark jeans with shoes. I decided to bring a jacket as well in case Avery got cold or something. I am so thoughtful. I laughed at the thought.

I brushed my hair and looked at the mirror. Not bad. I was having a pretty good hair day. By the time I finished changing, it was already 4.35pm. Dammit! I'm gonna be late. We decided that we'll meet at her house by 5pm. I rushed out of the house and walked towards Avery's house. 

I reached her house in less than 10 minutes and before ringing the doorbell, I looked at my reflection on her door. I swiftly flicked my fringe aside, tighten my tie and took a deep breath. I rang the doorbell and soon after, I heard the thumping of footsteps coming from the house. 

I started to feel nervous and uneasy inside and my heart was pumping. Oh God I'm perspiring. How can I sweat? I just walked from my house to hers which took less than 10 minutes and I'm perspiring already? This can't be happening....

The door opened and just then, I saw the most gorgeous girl in the whole entire world. Avery wore a blue dress with white lacing that was just above her knees and a pair of black flats. It was a simple outfit but she looked beautiful from every angle. Oh god, I could just stare at her all day. I scanned her from head to toe. Her long legs were amazing, her dress flowed perfectly, her hair looked so soft I just want to snuggle my head into it and her face was just flawless.

She headed out of her house and I followed closely behind her.  I seriously couldn't keep my eyes off her. The way her hips swayed was so natural and- Stop it Michelle! Concentrate on walking yes walking and ow, I just tripped on my own foot. This girl was really driving me insane. 

We hailed a taxi and headed to the theatre in the city. We reached there about 30 minutes later and went into the theatre and man was it crowded! Wow. Romeo and Juliet must be a really popular play. Sorry, I've never been to these kind of showcases and I was never into Literature. We took our seats and waited for the play to start. 

I looked at Avery from the corner of my eye. She was busy reading the brochure she took about the play before we went in and she still looked so stunning. Oh God, I am going head over heels for this girl. I've never felt like this before. This girl was so different from other girls.

She's so immune to me. Like she only sees me as a senior and nothing else. I sighed at the thought. Maybe she might not be interested in me but I know for sure I WILL make her fall in love with me. I know I can. My last girlfriend from eons ago was horrible. I didn't even know why I dated her. I was so stupid back then. I glanced at her and she was playing with her hair and twirling it with her fingers. I smiled. She was just so cute. My thoughts were interrupted as the opening theme song of the play started and I sat back. I yawned. It was already getting boring and this was just the beginning. What the hell, Michelle. I sighed. This was going to be a long night.

♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥

The play was halfway through and people were already starting to cry. Like a full out bawl. I mean seriously?! Nobody has even died yet! I looked over at Avery and just the same, she was crying just like everybody else. I decided to take this opportunity to get closer to her. And when I meant closer, i really meant it physically.  

I gently placed my arm around her shoulders and whispered," There, there. It's fine." I rubbed her shoulder gently and then, a miracle happened. She shifted and cuddled into my arms and cried. I was stunned for a few seconds and slowly, a huge grin was forming. I just wanted to scream my heart out. 

I started to smile like an idiot, even smiling at random people who looked at me weirdly wondering why a teenager like me was smiling during a sad scene. I couldn't care less what they thought of me because right now, the girl of my dreams was cuddling with me. In my arms. Crying. Nobody else but me. This has got to be the best night of my life.

Her crying subsided and I thought she was going to fall asleep. So I thought I could rest my head onto hers and all of a sudden, she got up and shifted back into her seat, muttering a 'sorry'. My smile faded. The moment was too short-lived and why was she apologising? She shouldn't do that! How can she feel guilty for cuddling into my arms and it's not like I hated it. I was far from hating it. In fact, I would love to do it anytime. 

Just then, someone tapped on my shoulder and I turned around. Turns out it was an old lady and she asked," Excuse me, could you please sit lower as you are blocking me and I can't see anything."

I shifted even lower and the old lady said," Even lower, son."

Son?! I shifted way lower until I couldn't see half the faces of the actors. The lady nodded in approval and I sighed as I was being in a really uncomfortable position. 

For the rest of the play, Avery didn't do anything but react to the play. And when I try to awkwardly shift closer to her, she would shift further away. Great. Now it's awkward. I gave up and just sank into my seat and closed my eyes. 

Before I knew it, I felt a slap on my cheek and out of shock I screamed," 1443!" People around me gave me angry glares and I looked down in embarrassment. I looked at Avery and she was looking at me with a disappointing look. What the hell did I do? All I did was sleep and- Holy fuck. I wasn't snoring was I? You see, I have this tendency to, no, in fact I snore in my sleep. Yup. I snore. And no one else knows this except for the B5. Oh how wonderful! I just snored during a play and probably embarrassed not only myself and Avery as well. Ah fuck. Why did I have to sleep?! 

The play ended and we both headed out of the theatre. "So," I asked." Did you enjoy the play?"

Avery just nodded her head. I was expecting her to ask me the same question. Who am I kidding?! I freaking slept and snored during the play. Did it look like I enjoyed it at all? I sighed and said," I'm starving so where do you want to eat for dinner?" 

Avery looked around and pointed towards a restaurant," How about that Italian place? I heard it's pretty good and the prices are reasonable." 

I agreed and we headed over to the restaurant.  We took our seats for a table for two. I looked at the menu and my stomach growled hungrily. Just then, I hastily checked my wallet under the table to see if I brought enough money. It was embarrassing enough for her to go through what I did during the play and this would really kill any chances of her forgiving me if I let her pay just because I didn't bring enough money. 

We ordered our food and waited for awhile. I ordered carbonara while she ordered bolognese pasta. It was kinda awkward since we were seated facing each other and for some reason, none of us dares to look at each other in the eye. It was so awkward. 

When the food arrive, I took a whiff of the mouth-watering spaghetti and couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed my fork and started to gobble up my food. I glanced over at Avery and she patiently used her fork and spoon to scoop up her pasta and ate it. She looked so lady-like while doing that. 
I also noticed that she has placed her napkin on her lap to prevent her dress from getting dirty. She has great table manners unlike me. I didn't even bother using my napkin. While eating I asked her," How's the food?" 

She squealed," The food is SO good! This is probably the best bolognese pasta I've ever tasted! Oh my gosh..." She stopped and continued eating. I smirked and continued to eat.

She looked at me and asked with her mouth full," What's so funny?" I looked at her and noticed a speck spaghetti sauce at the corner of her mouth. I smiled and unknowingly reached out to clean it for her. 

She was shocked when I did that and immediately I realised what I was doing and quickly pulled my hand back. She looked down in embarrassment and I cleared my throat and said," Done eating?"

Avery nodded, avoiding my eyes. The waiter helped us clear our plates and also said," Dessert?" 

Avery's face lighted up in delight. She must really love dessert. We waited for awhile for our dessert and when it came, it was a sundae ice cream with two spoons. I looked at it and looked at Avery. She too had the same confusion shown on her face. " I think we might've got the wrong order," I muttered. 

I signalled for the waiter and said," Excuse me! I think we might've got the wrong order. We didn't order a sundae ice cream."

The waiter explained," Oh! You see, every Friday is couple night and we give out sundae ice creams to every couple dining here." 

I was appalled. Hold on. Did he think that we're-? Avery then quickly explained," You got the wrong idea. We're not-" Before she finished, I interrupted by saying," Wait. Is it free?"

The waiter nodded his head. I looked over at Avery who looked at me with big wide eyes. I leaned closer to her and whispered," Just play along with me." 

"What?!" she softly exclaimed. 

I turned back towards the waiter and said," Thank you for the ice cream." I took Avery's hand and said," My girlfriend and I really appreciate it a lot." 

Avery gapsed and said," Wait what?! No! We're not together!" By the time she said that, the waiter had already left. She sighed then glared at me. 

"What?" I said." Hey, at least we got free ice cream." 

She rolled her eyes then we both laughed. Just then, we realize that I was still holding her hand.

"Oh, sorry" she said and slowly pulled back. She took a spoon and started digging into the ice cream. We finished eating and I paid for our dinner. We hailed a cab and headed home. I dropped her off first at her house.

"So," I asked."Does this mean I'm forgiven?"

She laughed and said," Since you kept your deal and accompanied me to watch Romeo and Juliet... I guess you could say your forgiven." We chatted for awhile until we reached her house. 

As she made her way towards her house door, I was debating whether or not  I should confess my feelings to her. I mean, this is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity and I will probably never get a chance like this again. She opened the door and before she went in, I called out to her. 

"Yes?" she replied. 

I stared at her for a few seconds then blurted," Uh, never mind. Bye!" 

She smiled at me and said," See you at training!" before closing the door. I sighed. Why did I chicken out?! Oh well. It's over. Then, I looked around to see if anybody was nearby. When I made sure the coast was clear, I did a fist pump in the air and started dancing crazily. 

I know right. I'm an idiot but I didn't care. I was too happy of what happened today. All of a sudden, a passer-by popped out of nowhere and looked at me with a weird expression. I stopped and nodded," Sup'!" 

He freaked out and walked faster. I shrugged and literally skipped my way home. Tonight was THE best night of my life. 

Avery:

Tonight has just been awkward and fun. Michelle is a really nice person. Can things get any more awkward between us? Oh God, we even pretended to be a couple to get free ice-cream. WHO WOULD DO THAT?! That's just a sick sick lie. I will not fall for Michelle. Ohhhhh no. Never will I ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 44 5
Sadie Harrison was not the type of girl to play games. Especially not ones that messed with other peoples emotions, but when her Cousin Austin "ruine...
1.9K 138 19
As Artemis goes to highschool, she bumped into someone and suddenly fell in love.
872 43 22
What will happen when Sophie tells Shannon how she feels? Will the sports star leave her or will she take a risk and leap into a relationship with th...
2.1K 59 43
BOOK 1/4: What happens when you have a massive crush on your upper grade tutor, a love for your year-older science partner, kissed your best friend...